PDA

View Full Version : Vantage Point

sa_butta
01-31-2008, 04:09 PM
http://www.vantagepoint-movie.com/index.php (http://www.vantagepoint-movie.com/index.php)

Looks like a pretty cool movie and has some interesting games on the site.

leemajors
01-31-2008, 04:20 PM
whew, i thought they remade vanishing point already.

peewee's lovechild
01-31-2008, 04:23 PM
I think I want to see this one.

According to the trailer, the President is in on the fake assassination.

Looks decent.

Heath Ledger
03-16-2008, 03:11 AM
I saw Doomsday tonight tons of gore, violence, one titty scene. Reminds me of the mad max movies mixed with 28 days.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Saw it last night. Like GIG, I had no issue with the rewinds, but I swear, we must have been in there with the crankiest bunch of senior citizens. There was some grumbling at the third one, a lot more grumbling at the fourth, and people saying, "What the heck is this? Again?" at the fifth one.

Overall I'd say it was worth the price of admission. It's a pretty good ride. Kind of like 24 it sets such a break neck pace that you can get caught up in it and don't question too many things that seem silly when you stop to think about them. There's some pretty good performances in there, though Forrest Whittaker seemed to be phoning this one in big time. My one big problem is that the first hour and ten minutes is so good and the final 10-15 are kind of a let down.

Jekka
03-16-2008, 12:51 PM
The dialogue in this movie was George Lucas-worthy. The rewinding didn't bother me nearly as much as things like, "Mr President, <dramatic pause> I've got you."

Camera work: good
Chase scenes: good
Character development: eh
Dialogue: horrible.

Everyone walked out of the theatre laughing when I saw it a few weekends ago.

It is what it is, and if you want an action movie it's alright.

1Parker1
03-16-2008, 07:15 PM
I saw this last week. It was ok. The rewinding got to me the 3rd or 4th time, but eventually I got used it.

The ending was the biggest letdown. It was a little unbelievable and worked out too conveniently I thought.

I must say it was weird to see Jack outside of the island. :lol