PDA

View Full Version : Remember that time Amare choked?

Vinny Del Negro
02-01-2008, 03:27 AM
That was cool.

Still pretty sweet that we set the tempo for the game (i.e. under 100 vs. the suns, by a Neat Margin)

But I must admit, this game was the Suns' to win, and Amare showed his True Vaginal Colors. (edit: John Hollinger should analyze nba TVC Ratings from now on.)

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Mighty Mouse will improve upon JV's 2-8 18-footers (estimate from watching the game). I like the nickname JV...

Anyhow, this was a Spurs-Pace game, and we had stones down the stretch and they didn't.

Discuss. :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

texbumTHElife
02-01-2008, 03:28 AM
As soon as his missed that last free throw, I was looking for the replay of him doing push-ups... Perhaps I missed it. :p:

Spaceman Spiff
02-01-2008, 03:36 AM
Dude, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Rummpd
02-01-2008, 10:26 AM
My long-distance probable off hand medical diagnosis per Amare (that he shares with Dirk) is more like deficient testes, regards, PDR M.D.

Hemotivo
02-01-2008, 10:29 AM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/livintrife2g/nash_classic8.jpg

ambchang
02-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Think back to 2005, there were a few times where he missed point blank layups in close games. He actually has a history of choking, don't know why nobody ever mentions this before.

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2008, 11:23 AM
i think it was in 05 playoffs

the game was on the line, amare gets the inbound pass dunks it over duncan with the foul on duncan, dude celebrated by doin pushups thinkn that dunk was in, when it was shown it bounce out....and then steps to the ft line missing the 2 attempts, with bo outlaw on the bench not daring to watch amare attempt the shots....

spurs end up winnin the game

MoSpur
02-01-2008, 11:35 AM
No wonder they wanted to trade him for KG.

himat
02-01-2008, 12:49 PM
No wonder they wanted to trade him for KG.

When I heard about that trade proposal it was a no brainer to me. Two years ago maybe not because Amare was healthy. Now he is not the most explosive and quick center in the league and he was already a weak defender. He also can't create his own shot very well especially since he does not have that explosiveness that I was talking about.

KG can act like a girl sometimes, but he would make this soft Phoenix team better on both sides. They would be a major threat to win the West, but now they are only a threat.

FromWayDowntown
02-01-2008, 01:18 PM
i think it was in 05 playoffs

the game was on the line, amare gets the inbound pass dunks it over duncan with the foul on duncan, dude celebrated by doin pushups thinkn that dunk was in, when it was shown it bounce out....and then steps to the ft line missing the 2 attempts, with bo outlaw on the bench not daring to watch amare attempt the shots....

spurs end up winnin the game

Actually, it was in the first game that the Spurs played in Phoenix during the 04-05 season (January of 2005), the game in which the Spurs rallied from 17 down in the 4th to take to OT where they won it, thanks to Manu's 48 and Barry's barrage of 3's in the second half (and Duncan's quiet 30 points and 19 rebounds).

Behrooz24
02-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Is there a .gif of the missed FT?

Dre_7
02-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Think back to 2005, there were a few times where he missed point blank layups in close games. He actually has a history of choking, don't know why nobody ever mentions this before.

Even last year in the Post Season he missed some point blank shots against the Spurs. Gotta love it.

nkdlunch
02-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Actually, it was in the first game that the Spurs played in Phoenix during the 04-05 season (January of 2005), the game in which the Spurs rallied from 17 down in the 4th to take to OT where they won it, thanks to Manu's 48 and Barry's barrage of 3's in the second half (and Duncan's quiet 30 points and 19 rebounds).

that game is a classic. Manu has a monster dunk over entire Suns team, and that was with the game on the line!!! :clap

ancestron
02-01-2008, 03:50 PM
anyone know where to find that 48 point game? I would be willing to trade 5 chickens, 2 goats, and my sister.

jag
02-01-2008, 08:00 PM
TVC analysis...i like that idea. I'd like to see the analysis on Dirk...not only his late game shooting, but his rebounding as well.

Vinny Del Negro
02-01-2008, 09:41 PM
First of all, I am truly amazed at the accuracy of my grammar, considering I couldn't really see my keyboard after last nights' game/celebratory drinking binge.

I found a highlight reel of the 48 puntos game. I can say with confidence that if Manu had the '05 hair, I would not even be remotely worried about our team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFgADM19xds

nkdlunch
02-01-2008, 09:42 PM
yeah I did not remember many posts I wrote last night too. I didn't realize I had drank that many beers

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-01-2008, 09:51 PM
First of all, I am truly amazed at the accuracy of my grammar, considering I couldn't really see my keyboard after last nights' game/celebratory drinking binge.

I found a highlight reel of the 48 puntos game. I can say with confidence that if Manu had the '05 hair, I would not even be remotely worried about our team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFgADM19xds
Man, screw the beards and stubble growing of the team.

I forgot all about the shaggy haired Barry and Manu...the hair makes all the difference.

Meanwhile, Tim needs to grow out his fro..cuz it gives him the old school look to complement his game.

nkdlunch
02-01-2008, 11:05 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/nkdlunch/choke.gifhttp://www.nba.com/media/allstar2007/a_stoudamire.jpg

batboy
02-01-2008, 11:14 PM
anyone know where to find that 48 point game? I would be willing to trade 5 chickens, 2 goats, and my sister.

I don't know, are the goats good loooking? Plus, I don't think I have room in the yard for your sister.