PDA

View Full Version : Official Super Bowl XLII Prediction Thread

monosylab1k
02-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Post your official prediction here. And maybe for once, people can put aside their hate for the Patriots and give their true feelings about what will happen for the game. I understand that you WANT the Patriots to lose, but do you REALLY THINK they will? really truly in your heart do you REALLY think they will lose? if you do, fine, but i think alot of people predicted the Jags & Chargers to win mainly due to their personal hate for New England.

The Karma Police won't kill either team, mainly since both teams commited major karma infractions -

Patriots:
-the 19-0 book
-releasing the parade details

Giants:
-Plaxico's guarantee
-Showing up in Arizona wearing black suits to "mourn the death of the Patriots dynasty"

Brady will have great protection all night, and with a fully healthy O-line, Maroney will be huge as well. The Giants pass rush is overrated and their secondary is sketchy. The Patriots won't shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly like Dallas & Green Bay did.

On the other side, Eli will have some success and Plaxico will be good for a few bombs, but I don't think they can hang with Brady & Moss. Not on this stage.

Patriots 42, Giants 27

samikeyp
02-01-2008, 11:03 AM
I think the black suits were more for team unity.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/01/29/choice_of_wardrobe_showed_a_shade_of_team_solidari ty/

"I think it was Antonio [ Pierce's] idea," said wide receiver Plaxico Burress, when asked why all the Giants were dressed in black suits for the cross-country trip. "This is what our team is all about. It is about everybody being together all the time - not just when we are out on the football field."

johnsmith
02-01-2008, 11:05 AM
I hope both teams buses run into eachother on the way to the game killing all members of each team.

monosylab1k
02-01-2008, 11:07 AM
I think the black suits were more for team unity.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/01/29/choice_of_wardrobe_showed_a_shade_of_team_solidari ty/

"I think it was Antonio [ Pierce's] idea," said wide receiver Plaxico Burress, when asked why all the Giants were dressed in black suits for the cross-country trip. "This is what our team is all about. It is about everybody being together all the time - not just when we are out on the football field."
that's what they're saying publicly, but...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/01/31/2008-01-31_fashion_statement_randy_moss_fires_back_.html

It came in response to the Giants' decision to wear black to Super Bowl XLII. They arrived Monday night in dark suits, explaining their odd choice of wardrobe this way: Business suits for a business trip.

Sounded good, but there may have been a secret reason for the black threads. SNY, quoting unidentified players, said the Giants wore black to mourn the death of the Patriots' dynasty.

johnsmith
02-01-2008, 11:08 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/01/31/2008-01-31_fashion_statement_randy_moss_fires_back_.html

It came in response to the Giants' decision to wear black to Super Bowl XLII. They arrived Monday night in dark suits, explaining their odd choice of wardrobe this way: Business suits for a business trip.

Sounded good, but there may have been a secret reason for the black threads. SNY, quoting unidentified players, said the Giants wore black to mourn the death of the Patriots' dynasty.

A couple of seasons ago the Broncos beat the Pats in the playoffs and everyone said that was the end of the dynasty. That really worked out didn't it?

samikeyp
02-01-2008, 11:18 AM

or...it could actually be for the reasons stated. Why does everything have to have an air of Belichik-ian intrigue and conspiracy? :lol

Besides, if the Patriots actually care about the clothing of their opponents or need something like that for motivation, then they are in trouble.

O-Factor
02-01-2008, 11:31 AM
SuperBowl Prediction

Giants score: I dont give a shit
Pats score: I don't give a shit

A watchable game is all Im asking for.

monosylab1k
02-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Besides, if the Patriots actually care about the clothing of their opponents or need something like that for motivation, then they are in trouble.
obviously not. playing the disrespect card has helped them to 3 Super Bowl wins already.

samikeyp
02-01-2008, 11:43 AM
obviously not. playing the disrespect card has helped them to 3 Super Bowl wins already.

No, talent helped them to 3 Super Bowl wins already.

monosylab1k
02-01-2008, 11:44 AM
because the game is 0% mental.

johnsmith
02-01-2008, 11:46 AM

Dude, do you honestly think that pre super bowl media garbage makes a difference in the outcome of the game?

If so, you should go to media day, you'd love it.

johnsmith
02-01-2008, 11:47 AM

And do you think that in the middle of the third quarter when the coach calls a play, the linebacker for the team is thinking, "I'm going to drop into coverage so much quicker because that damn team was wearing those black suits"?

samikeyp
02-01-2008, 11:50 AM

I didn't say it wasn't. I said talent helps wins games. That talent is not strictly physical. Nice job on making things up. :tu

My point is that execution wins games. Whomever wins the game will do so because they were better than the other team on Sundays. Whomever executes their game plan with more success will prevail. IMO, New England is going to win this game because they are the better team and would do so whether the Giants players said anything or not.

monosylab1k
02-01-2008, 11:51 AM
And do you think that in the middle of the third quarter when the coach calls a play, the linebacker for the team is thinking, "I'm going to drop into coverage so much quicker because that damn team was wearing those black suits"?
Do you think the fact that the Giants are so cocky that they'll pull bullshit like that doesn't motivate the Patriots to focus harder & play harder to shove it back in their face.

Sorry but maybe if you guys followed the team as closely as I do you'd have a clue. The Patriots have a history of using every perceived slight & display of disrespect as motivation to beat the other teams ass.

Whether it's Philly releasing a parade route, the Steelers packing their bags for the Super Bowl before the game, Anthony Smith talking shit, LaDainian Tomlinson talking shit, Igor Olshansky talking shit, the Rams being anointed SB Champs before the game is even played, Freddie Mitchell talking shit, Indianapolis buying tickets to the AFC Championship Game before they played the Pats, Deon Grant trying stare down Belichick before the Pats-Panthers game, Joey Porter claiming that the Patriots "aren't on our level", Spygate, or Bill Polian pissing & whining to get rules changed.....the Patriots use that ALL for motivation.

People can say "why do they need that to motivate them?" but obviously it works.

Talent is an obvious part of the puzzle, but the Patriots have beaten far more talented teams than them, and lots of times it's the motivation from feeling like nobody respects them. It's completely fabricated but if it works, as it obviously does, then more power to em.

samikeyp
02-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Oh and back to the original premise of this thread.

Pats 35
NYG 24

samikeyp
02-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Do you think the fact that the Giants are so cocky that they'll pull bullshit like that doesn't motivate the Patriots to focus harder & play harder to shove it back in their face.

Sorry but maybe if you guys followed the team as closely as I do you'd have a clue. The Patriots have a history of using every perceived slight & display of disrespect as motivation to beat the other teams ass.

Whether it's Philly releasing a parade route, the Steelers packing their bags for the Super Bowl before the game, Anthony Smith talking shit, Freddie Mitchell talking shit, Indianapolis buying tickets to the AFC Championship Game before they played the Pats, Deon Grant trying stare down Belichick before the Pats-Panthers game, Spygate, or Bill Polian pissing & whining to get rules changed.....the Patriots use that ALL for motivation. People can say "why do they need that to motivate them?" but obviously it works.

I follow teams pretty closely and have no evidence that words by the other team were the sole reason for my teams wins.

You don't think the Patriots would have been as successful as they have been if other teams kept their mouths shut?

johnsmith
02-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Sorry but maybe if you guys followed the team as closely as I do you'd have a clue.

So you follow this team so closely that you are actually in the heads of each and every player. You can read minds!!!!

Quick, what am I thinking?

Ok, I'll tell you......you're an idiot.

monosylab1k
02-01-2008, 11:54 AM
I follow teams pretty closely and have no evidence that words by the other team were the sole reason for my teams wins.
when did i say it was the sole reason? nice job making things up :tu

samikeyp
02-01-2008, 11:55 AM
when did i say it was the sole reason? nice job making things up :tu

I never said you did...those were my words. :tu

monosylab1k
02-01-2008, 11:56 AM
I never said you did...those were my words. :tu
then why even say it? it had no bearing on the discussion whatsoever.

samikeyp
02-01-2008, 11:56 AM
I said it to emphasize my point.

The Patriots are too good to need any motivation from an opponent. The only way they lose is bad luck through either injury or a bunch of mistakes that get capitalized on.

J.T.
02-01-2008, 12:42 PM
I want the Giants to win, but the real outcome:

Patriots 49
Giants 38

Tom Brady caps the perfect season off with another MVP and breaks Steve Young's Super Bowl TD record by throwing 7, all to Randy Moss.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Pats 44

Giants 16

O-Factor
02-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Shit-talking??? :jack Thats a very basic element of the game, but I guess If you want to claim that is what it takes for a team to get up and play in the fucking SUPER BOWL, or any game for that matter, then by all means.

stretch
02-01-2008, 02:48 PM
and the refs. and cheating.

stretch
02-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Giants - 35
Patriots - 31

SAtown
02-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Patsies 31 - 27 Gints

shelshor
02-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Patriots-34
Giants--22

Tippecanoe
02-01-2008, 03:56 PM
pats 38, giants 14

mikejones99
02-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Patriot 44 Giants 6

monosylab1k
02-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Shit-talking??? :jack Thats a very basic element of the game, but I guess If you want to claim that is what it takes for a team to get up and play in the fucking SUPER BOWL, or any game for that matter, then by all means.
Says the fan of a team that couldn't even win a playoff game.

Oh yeah, the divison rival that Patrick Crayton talked shit about, where are they?

florige
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Giants-35
Patriots-28

Giants are the only team that nearly beat the Patriots who are gonna have another shot at them to fix their mistakes. GO G-MEN!!!!!!

mikejones99
02-01-2008, 05:48 PM
if another manning wins the bowl, commercials will never stop them 2 idiot qb brothers

slayermin
02-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Fuck the Patriots.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Patriots 38
Giants 23

T Park
02-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Patriots 35
Giants 30.

Last second touchdown bomb from Brady to Moss to overcome the 2 point deficit.

monosylab1k
02-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Fuck the Patriots.
great prediction :tu

dallaskd
02-01-2008, 11:02 PM
I think the Giants can take this one late at the end. I do think it will be a close game and Eli has the ability to lead them down the winning drive but either they will shank the kick or he gives Brady enough time to drive down.

slayermin
02-01-2008, 11:03 PM

:toast

Thanks.

dallaskd
02-01-2008, 11:03 PM

how are you a pats and mavs fan?

monosylab1k
02-02-2008, 01:14 AM
how are you a pats and mavs fan?
how are you a heterosexual guilty of incest and an MMA fan?

spursRgay
02-02-2008, 02:18 AM
34-28 pats...but I wish both teams could lose

The Instigator
02-02-2008, 12:19 PM
mavericks 145
spurs 78

Staff Sgt. Dignam
02-02-2008, 01:08 PM
This shit ain't going to be close at all. Those lace curtain motherfucking Giants will be lucky to put 14 points on the board. Tom Brady thought it was weird that Plaxico Burress said the Pats would only score 17 but it's even weirded for him to think the Giants will score 23. The Patriots will finish their undefeated season and send those '72 Dolphins and their pussy ass 17-0 season to sleep with the fishes.

O-Factor
02-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Says the fan of a team that couldn't even win a playoff game.

Oh yeah, the divison rival that Patrick Crayton talked shit about, where are they?

So by your rationale, the Cowboys lost to the Giants because Crayton opened his mouth??? WRONG! :frying:

The Cowboys lost because of Crayton's inablity to be clutch, untimely penalties the team commited, slow snaps by Gurode, just to name a few. The Giants were just better that day. If Crayton would of kept his mouth shut, the outcome would of been the same.

Furthermore, at least Im a real fan who stands by my team.

rasho8
02-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Patriots 35
-Moss 1TD
-Welker 2TD
-Maroney/Faulk 2TD

Giants 24
-Jacobs 1TD
-Burress 1TD
-Toomer 1TD
-I FG

Thats my prediction down the the scores of the players.

dolla dolla yo!!! Bring it. Go Pats.

edit: For spelling errors

J.T.
02-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Look for a lot of Bradshaw and Jacobs in this game. . . Burress came up huge in the last game so the Patriots will likely take him out of the equation. I still think he'll get two TDs but they won't be easy.

monosylab1k
02-02-2008, 07:17 PM
So by your rationale, the Cowboys lost to the Giants because Crayton opened his mouth???
No, the GIANTS won the game, the GIANTS intimidated Crayton, the GIANTS used the shit talk from the Cowboys and went and dominated them.

It's not that hard Cowboyfan.

O-Factor
02-02-2008, 07:59 PM
No, the GIANTS won the game, the GIANTS intimidated Crayton, the GIANTS used the shit talk from the Cowboys and went and dominated them.

It's not that hard Cowboyfan.

First of they didn't dominate the Cowboys, you'd know that if you watched the game. The Giants just played exceptionally well, while the Cowboys, while playing exceptionally sloppy, still had chances at the end of the game.

I'll reiterate, the Giants were better that day. They played the best in the NFC playoffs and earned their right to play into the Super Bowl. They didn't use "shittalk" to beat the Cowboys. They just beat them by being better in most phases of the game than the Cowboys were, just like they beat the Bucs and the Packers.

And I'll hope they keep playing well so that everyone outside of New York, Boston and all the bandwagon fans, can have a watchable Super Bowl.

The hilarity of all this is how you weigh "shit talk" as a prime reason a team will win a game.

bostonguy
02-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Patriots aka Greatest Team in NFL History 31
The Vagiants 10

florige
02-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Patriots aka Greatest Team in NFL History 31
The Vagiants 10

I hope you are still here this time tommorow.

Obstructed_View
02-03-2008, 12:18 AM
I didn't see this thread a minute ago.

I'll be really happy to see the Patriots lose this game, but it's just not going to happen. They were just going through the motions in week 17 compared to now. The better team always wins decidedly with two weeks to prepare.

51-27 Patriots. Garbage time scoring by the Giants to make it look more respectable.

monosylab1k
02-03-2008, 12:45 AM
The hilarity of all this is how you weigh "shit talk" as a prime reason a team will win a game.
Never said it was a prime reason. Get your facts straight Cowboyfan.

If you really think that the game is 100% physical and teams can't gain a mental edge over others, and can't use bulletin board material to gain that edge, then you're proving yourself to be....well a typical dumbass Cowboys fan i guess.

monosylab1k
02-03-2008, 12:55 AM
bottom line is that the Patriots use bulletin board material all the time and they're about to win their 4th title in 7 years.

maybe the Cowboys should start using bulletin board material, instead of just giving it out to others.

slayermin
02-03-2008, 04:09 AM
I just hope the term "on any given Sunday" applies tomorrow.

J.T.
02-03-2008, 11:14 AM
The Patriots are going to beat the Giants, and I'll even give you the score and drive log

19-0

Brady 86 pass to Moss, PAT blocked (6-0)
Harrison 46 INT return, PAT good (13-0)
Gostkowski 43 FG (16-0)
Gostkowski 26 FG (19-0)
End of 1st quarter
M. Cassell enters the game for T. Brady

O-Factor
02-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Never said it was a prime reason. Get your facts straight Cowboyfan.

Fact is you, implied it several times. But Im sure you'll go back now and edit whatevers is necessary to edit to make it seem like you didn't.

If you really think that the game is 100% physical and teams can't gain a mental edge over others, and can't use bulletin board material to gain that edge, then you're proving yourself to be....well a typical dumbass Cowboys fan i guess.

What is funny about that statment is how you'll post in Cowboys threads acting as if they are your team. Im sure they probably were before you jumped wagon to the Patriots.

monosylab1k
02-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Fact is you, implied it several times. But Im sure you'll go back now and edit whatevers is necessary to edit to make it seem like you didn't.
Fact is you didn't read what I said. But I'm sure you'll go back now and re-read it, notice that no edits were made to my posts, and see what a dumb shit you are.

GaryJohnston
02-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Fuck the Patriots.

+1
:toast

gameFACE
02-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Patriots 31
Giants 20

It would really be a bitch if this was the only game the Patriots lost. I want to see them go for the whole thing at this point.

manufor3
02-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Pats- 44
Giants- 37

SpursFanFirst
02-03-2008, 06:30 PM
So, in other words, if we think the Giants have a chance, we're dreamers? Please.

mikejones99
02-03-2008, 06:34 PM
giants = cavs vs spurs

O-Factor
02-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Fact is you didn't read what I said. But I'm sure you'll go back now and re-read it, notice that no edits were made to my posts, and see what a dumb shit you are.

Hey, I thought the Pats were going to win because Plaxico and the gmen talked shit??? What happened? Weren't they suppose to use all the shit talk as motivation to dominate and win the game? :lmao

Obstructed_View
02-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Never have I been so happy to be so wrong about a prediction. Somewhere Bernie Kosar is laughing. Again.

monoslobsond1ck
02-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Post your official prediction here. And maybe for once, people can put aside their hate for the Patriots and give their true feelings about what will happen for the game. I understand that you WANT the Patriots to lose, but do you REALLY THINK they will? really truly in your heart do you REALLY think they will lose? if you do, fine, but i think alot of people predicted the Jags & Chargers to win mainly due to their personal hate for New England.

The Karma Police won't kill either team, mainly since both teams commited major karma infractions -

Patriots:
-the 19-0 book
-releasing the parade details

Giants:
-Plaxico's guarantee
-Showing up in Arizona wearing black suits to "mourn the death of the Patriots dynasty"

Brady will have great protection all night, and with a fully healthy O-line, Maroney will be huge as well. The Giants pass rush is overrated and their secondary is sketchy. The Patriots won't shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly like Dallas & Green Bay did.

On the other side, Eli will have some success and Plaxico will be good for a few bombs, but I don't think they can hang with Brady & Moss. Not on this stage.

Patriots 42, Giants 27:cry :lmao :cry

bostonguy
02-06-2008, 01:39 AM
Yep typical Mono. Still wont man up and uses the "I posted pics in my sigs" as his coverup. Take the bashing like a fucking man and stop crying like an ape fucking little bitch. Oh wait you arent a man because if you were, you would have the balls to take the dissing you dished out. You would humble yourself and just accept the situation for what it is. Of course you refer to it as "ball licking" when I gave my props and admitted I was wrong. I bet if Moss leaves you will jump to another team. This Pats team can blow up and I will still be rooting for them. It is in my blood. For my sake and yours, I really hope you find another team to root for. It is just beyond sad to see you disgracing loyal Patriot fans like this.

TheSanityAnnex
02-06-2008, 02:10 AM
I bet if Moss leaves you will jump to another team. You know him all too well. He only mentioned his fandom when Moss was rumored to be going to the Pats.

bostonguy
02-06-2008, 02:31 AM
You know him all too well. He only mentioned his fandom when Moss was rumored to be going to the Pats.

That doesnt surprise me. I have seen posts just like yours TSA where he wasnt here pulling for the pats before the Moss in New England era.

J.T.
02-06-2008, 02:37 AM
That doesnt surprise me. I have seen posts just like yours TSA where he wasnt here pulling for the pats before the Moss in New England era.

Well he lives in Dallas so he probably just tried to "blend in" as a Cowboys fan.

I do find it funny that mono came out of nowhere as a Pats fan and started running his mouth, and ran it all the way to the Super Bowl until Eli Manning took a dump in it. :tu

And that troll is genius "Sports aren't fair", God knows I've been on the wrong side of that one a few times more than I would've liked and I never curled up into a ball and cried myself to sleep about it.

monosylab1k
02-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Considering you didn't register here until October 29th 2007, I wonder how you'd know all the details about my posting history in the pre-Moss era of the Patriots.

Oh yeah, because you're somebody else's troll.

My guess is J.T. or TSA.

Good stuff fellas :tu

florige
02-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Man it's amazing how so wrong people were about this game in this thread.... :lol

TheFaggotryAnnex
02-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Yep typical Mono. Still wont man up and uses the "I posted pics in my sigs" as his coverup. Take the bashing like a fucking man and stop crying like an ape fucking little bitch. Oh wait you arent a man because if you were, you would have the balls to take the dissing you dished out. You would humble yourself and just accept the situation for what it is. Of course you refer to it as "ball licking" when I gave my props and admitted I was wrong. I bet if Moss leaves you will jump to another team. This Pats team can blow up and I will still be rooting for them. It is in my blood. For my sake and yours, I really hope you find another team to root for. It is just beyond sad to see you disgracing loyal Patriot fans like this.
You're really awesome. Care for a reacharound?

johnsmith
02-06-2008, 03:19 PM
You're really awesome. Care for a reacharound?

Hmmmmm, there is only one idiot on this site that constantly uses "faggot" as an insult. I wonder who this troll is.

Weak, but typical coming from the guy that's proven to be the biggest bitch on this site.

monosylab1k
02-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Hmmmmm, there is only one idiot on this site that constantly uses "faggot" as an insult. I wonder who this troll is.

Weak, but typical coming from the guy that's proven to be the biggest bitch on this site.
I don't know he seems pretty legitimate to me. Definitely as legitimate as bostonguy. We all know he's no troll. Just one dedicated Pats fan.

stretch
02-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Considering you didn't register here until October 29th 2007, I wonder how you'd know all the details about my posting history in the pre-Moss era of the Patriots.

Oh yeah, because you're somebody else's troll.

My guess is J.T. or TSA.

Good stuff fellas :tu
Your logic is horrible.

Why would they make a troll just to root for the Patriots, and then to mess with you after the Pats lost, when most of these guys all expected the Patriots to win? I think bostonguy is a legit poster and a Pats fan (an idiot, but still not a troll). I mean, how can they troll you, if the Pats had won? They would have wasted a lot of time to rack up 400 posts, just so if the Pats lost (which there seemed to be a VERY small chance of that happening) they could mess with you?

bostonguy
02-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Your logic is horrible.

Why would they make a troll just to root for the Patriots, and then to mess with you after the Pats lost, when most of these guys all expected the Patriots to win? I think bostonguy is a legit poster and a Pats fan (an idiot, but still not a troll). I mean, how can they troll you, if the Pats had won? They would have wasted a lot of time to rack up 400 posts, just so if the Pats lost (which there seemed to be a VERY small chance of that happening) they could mess with you?

Stretch he knows deep down inside, he is a cowardly little bitch who doesnt know how to be humble. This is his last resort of any kind of a comeback.

TheSanityAnnex
02-06-2008, 06:46 PM
You're really awesome. Care for a reacharound?Little bitch ass mono thinks I'm bostonguy so he creates a troll for me. Nice work douche!

J.T.
02-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Man it's amazing how so wrong people were about this game in this thread.... :lol

I was perpetrating a reverse jinx with my predictions. It worked.

monosylab1k
02-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Little bitch ass mono thinks I'm bostonguy so he creates a troll for me. Nice work douche!
It's convenient how you guys show up in the same threads over and over. It's quite the SpurDynasty/DazedAndConfused situation.

I've pretty much ruled out JT as being bostonguy, but johnsmith is a new candidate.

stretch
02-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Stretch he knows deep down inside, he is a cowardly little bitch who doesnt know how to be humble. This is his last resort of any kind of a comeback.
At the same time, you've said the same thing about 100 times, as well as about every other poster saying the same thing over and over. Give him a break.

bostonguy
02-07-2008, 10:22 AM
At the same time, you've said the same thing about 100 times, as well as about every other poster saying the same thing over and over. Give him a break.

Eh fair enough. No point in dragging this any further. I guess after finally feeling the effects of losing in the superbowl and it ending this natural high, that I got a reality check and realized how much of a pet peeve I have on fans (even of my own team) who cant/wont give credit and show some good sportsmanship. My apologies for that.

samikeyp
02-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Eh fair enough. No point in dragging this any further. I guess after finally feeling the effects of losing in the superbowl and it ending this natural high, that I got a reality check and realized how much of a pet peeve I have on fans (even of my own team) who cant/wont give credit and show some good sportsmanship. My apologies for that.

You will find that in abundance here. Some, not all, feel sportsmanship is a sign of weakness.

stretch
02-07-2008, 11:00 AM

Trust me, I know how hard it is to see your team lose the championship. I've seen the Raiders get murdered in a Superbowl (a year after getting cheated out of a chance to advance to one, at the hands of the Patriots... and the year before that, being in the AFC championship, only to have Tony Siragusa take a cheap shot at Gannon to injure him to win like a bitch), then plummet to the bottom of the league the very next year. I've seen the Mavericks blow a finals, as well as be the hands down favorite to win it all in the minds of most everyone, only to blow it to the weakest team in their conferece in the first round. I've seen my most hated teams in both fooball and basketball (Patriots and Spurs) dominate the league with multiple titles.

I've had to deal with every bad thing a sports fan could go through the past several years (losing championship, seeing hated teams dominate, the highs and lows of a great season that failed, etc...) I think I've gotten used to all the bad stuff now :lol and now its only going to make the day that my team wins a title, that much sweeter. That's how I view it.

johnsmith
02-07-2008, 11:52 AM
It's convenient how you guys show up in the same threads over and over. It's quite the SpurDynasty/DazedAndConfused situation.

I've pretty much ruled out JT as being bostonguy, but johnsmith is a new candidate.

Wow, not only are you a little bitch, but you're a fucking retard too.

Keep on trying to out those trolls dude.

By the way, I created a troll once, used it to make fun of Boutons, and then never did it again. Bostonguy is yet another person that has recognized the pussy in you.

monosylab1k
02-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Just wondering, how does a fan show sportsmanship, good or bad, when he wasn't involved?

Tom Brady can show good sportsmanship, Bill Belichick can show bad sportsmanship, I can't show shit because I didn't participate in the game.

If you want to say that I didn't take my team losing very well, fine. But there's no way possible I could have displayed "sportsmanship" in any form.

johnsmith
02-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Just wondering, how does a fan show sportsmanship, good or bad, when he wasn't involved?

Tom Brady can show good sportsmanship, Bill Belichick can show bad sportsmanship, I can't show shit because I didn't participate in the game.

If you want to say that I didn't take my team losing very well, fine. But there's no way possible I could have displayed "sportsmanship" in any form.

I think you probably could have started by not coming on this site immediately and telling everyone to kill themselves.

Idiot.

bostonguy
02-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Trust me, I know how hard it is to see your team lose the championship. I've seen the Raiders get murdered in a Superbowl (a year after getting cheated out of a chance to advance to one, at the hands of the Patriots... and the year before that, being in the AFC championship, only to have Tony Siragusa take a cheap shot at Gannon to injure him to win like a bitch), then plummet to the bottom of the league the very next year. I've seen the Mavericks blow a finals, as well as be the hands down favorite to win it all in the minds of most everyone, only to blow it to the weakest team in their conferece in the first round. I've seen my most hated teams in both fooball and basketball (Patriots and Spurs) dominate the league with multiple titles.

I've had to deal with every bad thing a sports fan could go through the past several years (losing championship, seeing hated teams dominate, the highs and lows of a great season that failed, etc...) I think I've gotten used to all the bad stuff now :lol and now its only going to make the day that my team wins a title, that much sweeter. That's how I view it.

Even though 2 of my teams (Red Sox and Patriots) had recent success, I can relate to losing in bad ways as well. For years and years I had to watch the Yankees bitchslap us around and go on and win world series titles. I dealt with Yank fans talking so much shit and giving us hell. Game 7 ALCS 2003 when they were up 5-2 in the bottom of the 8th only to have them tie it up that inning and then watching Aaron "fucking" boone hit the game winner walk off homer in the 11th. I watched the patriots lose 2 superbowls (Packers/Giants). Fuck Desmond Howard for that kickoff return TD! Oh and the Celtics gave me tons of losing seasons and bad luck in the draft. The east was so bad in 2002 that the Celts made the ECF. Kenny Anderson and Antoine Walker were celts back then. Hahaha. That 26 point comeback in game 3 of that series was sweet to see even if it that was our last win of the series. Lakers would have raped us. Haha this years NFC championship game fetaured the last 2 teams who beat New England in the superbowl.

monosylab1k
02-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Fuck Desmond Howard for that kickoff return TD!
If you watch the replay, there's very blatant holding on that return. There really is. A man is in perfect position to take down Howard and gets literally yanked back by a Packer grabbing the back of his jersey.

So that's two SB losses for the Pats due to the refs not calling a blatant holding penalty. My God I've become SpursDynasty.

stretch
02-08-2008, 09:58 AM
So that's two SB losses for the Pats due to the refs not calling a blatant holding penalty. My God I've become SpursDynasty.
GET THE FUCK OUT

samikeyp
02-08-2008, 10:07 AM

Although I wasn't referring to you in my post, what a person can do is give credit to the opponent for being better on that day. You don't make excuses, you don't blame the refs, etc. You weren't making those excuses, you were just pissed off at the world. The only think you forgot is that when you profess your fandom in this forum, and your team loses, you are going to hear about it. We all do. You just seemed to think for a moment, than you shouldn't have to have heard about it.

monoslobsond1ck
02-08-2008, 04:07 PM
If you watch the replay, there's very blatant holding on that return. There really is. A man is in perfect position to take down Howard and gets literally yanked back by a Packer grabbing the back of his jersey.

So that's two SB losses for the Pats due to the refs not calling a blatant holding penalty.

:cry Holding, holding, holding! No fair! :cry

TheFaggotryAnnex
02-08-2008, 04:21 PM
:cry Holding, holding, holding! No fair! :cry
I'm going to need to see hard evidence that is examined by a panel of Harvard-trained lawyers, notarized, signed, sealed, and placed in a museum for public approval before I believe that such things as "holding" calls exist. It's not like this is a phantom knee injury.

Mono Howser, M.D.
02-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Injuries like the one Brady used seem to come off as excuses for poor performances.