PDA

View Full Version : To maverick mike taylor

The_Worlds_finest
02-01-2008, 12:01 PM
MMT was bragging about spurs pending blow out vs the suns on stsa, he went as far as putting his hair on the line....LOL hows the crow, dont worry your hair will grow back unless you keep putting it on the line against the spurs :lol

As for all you other whinning spurs "fans", have you not learned anything in ohhhh lets say the past 10 years? Timmy D is the freaking MAN! :toast

MoSpur
02-01-2008, 12:03 PM
I am tired of his show. He spent way too much time talking about the Cowboys yesterday evening. Why?

Budkin
02-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I don't know, I've listened to him quite a bit now on pregame and it seems like he's developing a fondness for the Spurs. *shrugs*

stxspurs
02-01-2008, 02:22 PM
i hate that guy...his show sucks and i dont see him knowing anything about the spurs.....ill be glad when espn radio totally consumes his listeners. man they got rid of vex and walter for this fool......there is so many things i hate about his broadcast i dont even want to start typing

jman3000
02-01-2008, 02:30 PM
i have the same problem with his show that a lot of people have. he just talks way too much cowboys.

he'll spend an hour discussing the smallest of details about the cowboys... then turn around and talk about a spurs win or loss for about 10.

he even stated, and i thought it would happen, that once the cowboys' season ended the focus would begin shifting toward the spurs... that hasnt happened yet.

stxspurs
02-01-2008, 02:36 PM
cuz all he knows is dallas....... :bang

to21
02-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Isn't the guy from Dallas/Ft. Worth?

I know you guys are gonna say he's in SA now, why talk about the Cowpokes? There's A LOT of folks from here that want to talk Cowboys......as evident with all the calls he got from here yesterday.

I'm still on the fence with him.

SAtown
02-01-2008, 02:43 PM
He put his hair on the line for the Cowboys/Giants game as well. He knows nothing about basketball, much less Spurs ball.

Kori Ellis
02-01-2008, 02:45 PM
What's funny is that you guys are all listening and boosting his ratings.

If you hate him, turn your radios off.

to21
02-01-2008, 02:46 PM
He put his hair on the line for the Cowboys/Giants game as well. He knows nothing about basketball, much less Spurs ball.
I knew it wasn't about the Suns game......he got it shaved off when they did the game last night at Champps. I didn't even hear him say it was a lock the Suns were gonna win. He said that Manu had to step up big time.

The_Worlds_finest
02-01-2008, 02:48 PM
I have sirius i only turned mt the last couple of days for MM-DS updates, Ill probably listen today just to hear all the calls he gets mocking him, but after that back to sirius

Extra Stout
02-01-2008, 02:57 PM
It seems like people tune in to this guy just to hear what he says (or doesn't say), so they can get all upset about it and send him nasty e-mails or phone calls, or complain to friends about him. I wonder if he actually started talking about the Spurs more, if people would stop hating him and therefore stop listening.

SenorSpur
02-01-2008, 03:01 PM

I know you guys are gonna say he's in SA now, why talk about the Cowpokes? There's A LOT of folks from here that want to talk Cowboys......as evident with all the calls he got from here yesterday.

Yes he is. Born and raised in Ft. Worth. A self-proclaimed Mavs homer, who was the former host of the Mavs pre-and-post game show. Dude will tell you that he bled Blue and White (Cowboys and Mavs). He also hosted the Cowboys pre and post game shows too.

While he was here, he was never shy about his disdain for our Spurs. In fact, he was a rather fanatical hater of the Spurs - admittedly mostly jealousy. So it was rather curious that he ended up on STSA.

Sec24Row7
02-01-2008, 03:29 PM
I would welcome Jason Terry in a Spurs uniform before i will listen to this guy.

At least with Terry I could actually watch his deeds on the court physically playing against and trying to beat his old team.

This other dude just talks about the Spurs on the radio... you know he goes home and watches the Spurs/Mavs games in an irk 41 jersey.

The Truth #6
02-01-2008, 04:01 PM
My issue isn't so much the Cowboys obsession - there are a lot of Cowboys fans here. It's more that his style isn't in tune with San Antonio. He seems more like a Baylor frat boy then someone who can connect with an SA audience.

He has been talking more Spurs lately. He's probably trying to learn the team. I will say he sounds more polished than Walter and Jeff but I just don't think his style will fit into the SA demographic.

johnsmith
02-01-2008, 04:25 PM
My issue isn't so much the Cowboys obsession - there are a lot of Cowboys fans here. It's more that his style isn't in tune with San Antonio. He seems more like a Baylor frat boy then someone who can connect with an SA audience.

He has been talking more Spurs lately. He's probably trying to learn the team. I will say he sounds more polished than Walter and Jeff but I just don't think his style will fit into the SA demographic.

What style would that be, the uneducated, highest teen pregnancy and illiteracy rates in the country? You mean that demographic?

Fuck, anything is an upgrade compared to Vex and Walter. Those two ass clowns proved time and time again that they know nothing about sports, couple that with the fact that their humor was fucking terrible........but hey, that's the demographic I guess.

to21
02-01-2008, 04:27 PM
What style would that be, the uneducated, highest teen pregnancy and illiteracy rates in the country? You mean that demographic?

Fuck, anything is an upgrade compared to Vex and Walter. Those two ass clowns proved time and time again that they know nothing about sports, couple that with the fact that their humor was fucking terrible........but hey, that's the demographic I guess.
Dude you were making a great point till the city smack.

johnsmith
02-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Look, I just don't understand how anyone ever liked Vex and Walter. Between those two guys, plus Chuck Parker, I went out and got Sirius. V&W were the two worst personalities on radio.........ever..........in the entire world.

to21
02-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Look, I just don't understand how anyone ever liked Vex and Walter. Between those two guys, plus Chuck Parker, I went out and got Sirius. V&W were the two worst personalities on radio.........ever..........in the entire world.
I agree there. That's why I don't understand how people can be on this guy's ass. .........Vex and Walter sucked!

T Park
02-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Vex didn't suck.

Walter did.

Vex might have sounded like he sucked due to having to work with that bearded snaggle toothed clown for hours on end.;

mando6599
02-01-2008, 04:53 PM

Yeah, he is. And I hated hearing him here in Arlington on ESPN 103.3FM. He's horrible IMO. First, I can't get past his voice: it's rather annoying. Second, his opinions try to be cutting edge, but they come off arrogant, dumb, and usually wrong. I'm just glad I don't have to hear him here anymore.

mando

BonnerDynasty
02-01-2008, 07:46 PM
I am tired of his show. He spent way too much time talking about the Cowboys yesterday evening. Why?

Because he doesn't spend his time doing any research for Spurs related topics to discuss and is from Dallas. He is comfortable with talking about the Lameboys and doesn't know shit about the Spurs.

He likes the cowboys and milfs....we get it.