PDA

View Full Version : For fred33: Eva Longoria Parker Article

duncan228
02-01-2008, 06:51 PM
This was in my paper today, I figured fred33 would like to see it.
Right under the article was a review of the movie...with a 'D' grade.

http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/actress-longoria-desperate-1969967-housewives-movie

All about Eva
"Desperate Housewives" star tries her hand at romantic comedies in "Over Her Dead Body."

By BARRY KOLTNOW
The Orange County Register

It's no fun to eat breakfast with an actress who eats breakfast like an actress.

So, when Eva Longoria Parker ordered only a chocolate croissant and a cup of tea at our window table in a beachside hotel restaurant in Santa Monica, I rolled my eyes.

"I saw that look," the actress said, wagging a finger for emphasis. "You think I eat like an actress, but I don't eat like an actress. I got up real early this morning and I was starving so I ate an egg white omelet with extra bacon. This is my second breakfast of the day, so don't tell me I eat like an actress."

The tiny actress with the big expressive eyes, whose trim figure belies her claim that she has gained 10 pounds in the four months since the writer's strike put her out of work and disrupted her daily workout routine, insists that she loves to eat. But maintaining her sexy image – she has been named the hottest woman in the world by Maxim magazine two years in a row – does require constant vigilance. Not that she's complaining.

"I don't mind being called sexy," she said. "I love that sexy image. It doesn't define me, but it is flattering. I'll go with it as long as people still consider me sexy. I'm riding this train to the end of the tracks."

The high-energy, fun-loving newlywed (she married San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker in July) has parlayed a daytime soap career ("The Young and the Restless") into a prime time TV career ("Desperate Housewives") and now a film career.

In the romantic comedy "Over Her Dead Body," which opens Friday, the actress plays a woman who is killed in a freak accident on her wedding day. She hangs around long enough to watch over her distraught husband, and to haunt the new woman in his life.

"When I told Tony I was reading a very funny script about a woman who dies on her wedding day and sabotages her fiance's life, he looked at me like I was crazy. He said it sounded more like a tragedy.

"But it really is funny, and it's a chance for me to play someone different from Gabrielle (her "Desperate Housewives" character). Both Kate and Gabrielle can be bitchy, but I think Kate's bitchiness is valid. After all, she died on her wedding day. I understand her bitchiness. I'd do the same thing. If I died, I'm totally haunting Tony."

Longoria Parker, 32, worked seven days a week to complete the new film while still working on the fourth season of "Desperate Housewives."

"I am a workaholic, so I didn't mind at all. I get impatient when I don't have something to do. I want to work hard now so that I can relax later when it's time to have a family. My contract on the TV show has three more years to go, and I'd like my movie career to be set by then.

"But I'm still enjoying the TV work," she added. "During interviews I did last year, people got the impression that I couldn't wait for my television career to end. That isn't true. I love the medium. I love being in people's homes each week. I love that people get to know your character. I love every aspect of television, but I'll probably be ready for a change after seven years."

The actress, who was married for two years to "General Hospital" star Tyler Christopher, said she believes that her second marriage is a keeper. The Texas native and "obsessed" basketball fan met Parker at a Spurs home game, and it was pretty much love at first bounce. They were married in a lavish and well-publicized ceremony in France. Parker is a French native, although his father is from Chicago.

"Because I had been married before, I was determined to give this one everything I've got, which I thought meant a lot of compromise. I was going to be the greatest wife ever, but I was prepared for it to be difficult.

"But it's been easy," she said with a smile. "I guess we're really lucky. We rarely argue, even though both of us are very opinionated. We're building a house in San Antonio, which everybody says can be the fastest way to a divorce, but it's been great. I say I like certain furniture, and Tony says he doesn't care about furniture so I should do what I want. He says he wants a trophy room and I say I don't care about a trophy room, so he should do what he wants.

"We balance each other out."

TOMBOY TO TOMCAT

The youngest of four sisters, Eva was born into an eighth-generation Texas family in Corpus Christi. The family lived in the city during the week so the four girls could go to school, but Eva's parents drove their brood 90 minutes away on weekends to the family's 300-acre ranch.

Young Eva, who called herself a tomboy, said she loved sports and often went hunting with her father. In fact, she was so taken with sports that she majored in kinesiology at Texas A&M-Kingsville with an ambition to become a trainer on a professional sports team.

Of course, her beauty could not be denied, and she entered and won a competition whose first-place prize was a trip to Los Angeles. While visiting Southern California, she decided to give acting a try and soon was cast on "The Young and the Restless." The job lasted three years, and it wasn't long after she left the show that she won the "Desperate Housewives" role that changed her life.

She became an instant celebrity, and tabloid reporters and the paparazzi were following her around town. She said she knew her life had changed dramatically when she suffered minor injuries on the set of the TV show, spent a few hours in the hospital and returned home to find 40 photographers outside her home.

Her wedding was trumpeted on the cover of a celebrity gossip magazine, and she and her new husband have continued to be media favorites. Last month, however, Parker filed a $20 million lawsuit against the celebrity photo agency X17 for alleging that the basketball player cheated on his wife with a French model. The couple denies the allegation.

"Tony and I have tough skin, and we never really care about being photographed or what the tabloids say about us," the actress said. "But this was different. There was a principle involved here. People need to be held accountable for not researching their facts or checking their sources. In the Internet age, with blogging and message boards, untrue facts get repeated over and over again, and we needed to take a stand."

Although she said she is ready to get back to work, Longoria Parker said she has enjoyed her strike-enforced time off because it afforded her more time with her new husband. The Hispanic actress also has had more time to spend on her considerable charitable endeavors. She is the national spokeswoman for Padres Contra El Cancer, a group that assists Latino children with cancer, works with the Special Olympics and founded Eva's Heroes, an organization that assists developmental disabilities. She also is involved with numerous Mexican-American charities.

"I embrace my culture," she explained. "I believe it's my duty to lend my voice to those who don't have voices. That's how I was raised. I grew up in a selfless family. My mom was a special-education teacher and a volunteer with the Special Olympics. I was born into that world, and I don't know any other way but to help people."

T Park
02-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Pretty good article.

Gotta kill the Parker and Eva haters to see this.

eva longoria is a piece of filthy trash

Coming from you she'd prob take that as a compliment.

ploto
02-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Her movie looks stupid, though. Sorry, Eva.

duncan228
02-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Her movie looks stupid, though. Sorry, Eva.

The review my paper ran right under this article was horrible. They really tore it up.

boutons_
02-03-2008, 07:32 PM
" "Desperate Housewives" co-star Eva Longoria Parker delivered a dud with her first top-billed movie, "Over Her Dead Body," which opened with a weak $4.6 million to finish at No. 11."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/03/weekend-box-office-a-rec_n_84704.html