PDA

View Full Version : Jared Gets Taken to the Cleaners

Nbadan
02-02-2008, 03:44 AM
over-extended 15-minutes are up.....

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/images/ne/209382/56570.jpg

Jared "The Subway Guy" Fogle has divorced the wife who stuck with him through thick and thin, The ENQUIRER has learned exclusively.

Elizabeth Fogle, the submarine sandwich pitchman's wife of six years, walked away with a lot of his lettuce, according to court documents obtained by The ENQUIRER.

Elizabeth received more than $230,000 from Jared Fogle Inc., the company Jared set up for his personal appearances.

She'll also get 60 percent of the proceeds from Jared's deal with St. Martin's Press, which published his life story.

Jared's father, a doctor, introduced his son to Elizabeth, a nurse, while Jared was in the midst of losing weight off of his 425-pound frame. He was a student at Indiana University — and they hit it off right away.

Jared lost 245 pounds in a year after developing his own Subway sandwich diet, consisting of a 6-inch turkey sub sandwich for lunch and a foot-long veggie sub for dinner.

Subway advertising executives heard about his weight-loss story after he was featured in an article in his college newspaper.

The restaurant chain began featuring him in commercials in January of 2000, and Jared became suddenly famous. Countless television commercials later, Jared is still cashing in on his notoriety, but becoming an overnight celebrity gave him a big head and caused trouble at home, according to a source close to the couple.

"He loves being a celebrity, but I think Jared's become too controlling and seems to have a bit of a mean streak in him," said the insider.

As his marriage to Elizabeth fell apart, their arguments became public.

"Jared has season tickets to the Indianapolis Colts games," continued the insider. "On some occasions, he'd argue with Elizabeth at the games, and she'd be crying."

The couple separated in March 2006 and their divorce became final on Oct. 18 of last year.

Court papers reveal that in addition to proceeds from Jared's company and his book, Elizabeth will get 60 percent of the sale of the home they own, their 2004 Volvo and substantial portions of the couple's investments and retirement accounts.

Since the divorce, Jared, 30, has been dating a series of women who accompanied him to Colts' games, and he's now got a steady girlfriend, said the source.

"It's a wonder he's stayed thin," added the insider. "At the games, he pours down one draft beer after another and his favorite food is nachos covered in cheese."

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/jared_subway_wife_divorce/celebrity/64516

baseline bum
02-02-2008, 05:08 AM
WTF does this bitch get 60% of his shit for? Fucking marriage.

DeeBo
02-02-2008, 06:13 AM
Someone's getting the 12 inch.

Thunder Dan
02-02-2008, 09:39 AM
he was on the radio yesterday here in Cleveland to talk about the Super Bowl, I was thinking what the fuck this guy did to become a celebrity..he was a fat guy that lost weight eating subs, and now I have to listen to how he is upset his Colts didn't make it and how he thinks the Patroits are going to win. Fuck him, he isn't even worth the trip to the Super Bowl Subway gave him. He is just a douche bag, he is the guy everyone picked on in school. His wife deserves everything she got because she fucked him when he was a fat nobody eating ho hos and ding dongs. Good for her

Thunder Dan
02-02-2008, 10:50 AM
she was his wife for 6 years?
so she married him right after he started doing subway commercials

hm

if that's the case, then he still deserves it for not signing a prenup

J.T.
02-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Thunder Dan is still bitter that the Colts cockblocked the Browns from the playoffs.

ploto
02-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Men gripe about community property laws but it was MEN who made those laws.

Thunder Dan
02-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Thunder Dan is still bitter that the Colts cockblocked the Browns from the playoffs.

:lol I told you I don't care, the Colts go what they deserved. The Browns went 10-6 for the first time since I think 94, so that's a success

J.T.
02-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Men gripe about community property laws but it was MEN who made those laws.

Yeah well we all know the downfall of modern civilization was giving women jobs, voting rights, etc.

Herschel Walker
02-02-2008, 12:21 PM
She bought her lotto ticket 6 years ago after he had already been doing commercials for 1+ years, and cashed in the ticket now. What a dumb ass to not get a prenup. Anyone with any wealth going into a marriage should get one. If your partner doesnt like it, its because they have an eye on your money.

T Park
02-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Agreed Herschel.

Brodie Bruce
02-02-2008, 01:04 PM
My cousin is getting married soon and he asked his fiance to sign a prenup, but the funny thing is his dad (my uncle) owns half of all the assets because he fronted the money for my cousin's business. One of his businesses isn't doing well, the other is doing okay, but really this dude has doesn't have the green to even need a prenup right now and he's banking on the idea that his businesses will turnaround. They just had a kid together in September of last year and this whole prenup thing almost cost them the wedding.

IMO marriage is such a joke now...you shouldn't have to sign a prenup, but I guess there are enough greedy bitches out there to make it a logical step for anyone that has wealth. Not saying all women are greedy bitches...but the gender ain't doing much to live down the stereotype.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-02-2008, 01:05 PM
60% of his company is worth only $230,000? A 2004 Volvo? Subway has made tens of millions off his ad campaign.

Sounds like Jared is accustomed to being taken to the cleaners.

Kori Ellis
02-02-2008, 01:13 PM
60% of his company is worth only $230,000? A 2004 Volvo? Subway has made tens of millions off his ad campaign.

:lol

It's funny that's the first thing that jumped out at me about the article (the 2004 Volvo). Anyway, this is an article from the National Enquirer, so who knows if there is an ounce of truth to it.

thispego
02-02-2008, 01:15 PM

That's what I was thinking. This is just another funny divorce story to me.

T Park
02-02-2008, 01:24 PM
What if he just prefered to drive a volvo and not a super fancy car?

Some people aren't big on the lifestyle of the rich and famous.

ploto
02-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Wasn't he a cheater? Usually that negates a pre-nup if SHE had any sense.

baseline bum
02-02-2008, 02:37 PM
So because he cheats it's right for her to take his money?

ploto
02-02-2008, 02:37 PM
you shouldn't have to sign a prenup, but I guess there are enough greedy bitches out there to make it a logical step for anyone that has wealth. Not saying all women are greedy bitches...but the gender ain't doing much to live down the stereotype.
You do know there are women with more money than the men they marry, as well.

And any woman with children and assets should have a pre-nup to protect her kids financial well-being.

ploto
02-02-2008, 02:39 PM
So because he cheats it's right for her to take his money?
Many pre-nups have a "cheating" clause. Some spouses get more money at the divorce if the person cheats.

Herschel Walker
02-02-2008, 02:44 PM
You do know there are women with more money than the men they marry, as well.

And any woman with children and assets should have a pre-nup to protect her kids financial well-being.
yes. The prenup isn't gender specific. Anyone with considerable value should get one.

baseline bum
02-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Many pre-nups have a "cheating" clause. Some spouses get more money at the divorce if the person cheats.

That's not what I asked.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Poor Jared.