PDA

View Full Version : Peyton: Eli WILL be wearing a Super Bowl ring Sunday night!

monosylab1k
02-02-2008, 12:03 PM
PHOENIX, AZ — Surprising the entire gathering of media and fans, Peyton Manning stepped out Friday when he predicted that his younger brother would be the second Manning to wear a Super Bowl Ring.

“No question about it, none whatsoever,” the elder Manning said. “Eli is going to be sporting a Super Bowl Ring on Sunday night. We’ve spoken a lot about it in the last few days, and it’s an absolute certainty.”

Manning said nothing more after this bold declaration, quickly getting into a car and speeding off without answering any questions. However, SSNN was able to catch up with the Colts Pro Bowler later, and he clarified his remarks.

“God no, they’re not going to win. Ok, maybe I left my comments open to interpretation,” Peyton admitted to SSNN. “But I’m no moron – clearly Eli and those guys are overmatched. I mean, I love my brother, but you gotta be realistic – which is why I’m going to let him wear my ring for a few hours when the game is over.

“You know, just so he can sort of see what it feels like. I’ve even got a little camera set up where I can ask him ‘what are you gonna do now, Eli,’ and he can say he’s going to Disneyland or whatever. It’ll be just like he won, except that he won’t really have won. I think they’ve got a decent chance to cover the 12 though, and that’s saying something, right?

http://www.serioussportsnewsnetwork.com/2008/02/peyton-eli-will-wear-ring-sunday.html#more-1010

dirk4mvp
02-02-2008, 12:05 PM
lol

Jimcs50
02-02-2008, 12:29 PM
:lol

Brodie Bruce
02-02-2008, 12:31 PM
-1 to New England's karma

Someone should tally who exactly has more negative pre-game karma. Fuck it, I will.

Brodie Bruce
02-02-2008, 12:35 PM
New England
Boston Globe's 19-0 Book
Parade Route
They're due for a loss. . .
Peyton picks Brady over Brother. . .

New York
Plaxico Guarantees Win
Team Wears Funeral Suits
Eli's due for an Eli-type game. . .

NE -4, NY -3

Unless I missed any.

J.T.
02-02-2008, 01:10 PM
New England
Boston Globe's 19-0 Book
Parade Route

New York
Plaxico Guarantees Win
Team Wears Funeral Suits

NE -4, NY -3

Unless I missed any.

Yeah another interesting stat is the last two teams to arrive second in the Super Bowl host city won the game (Pittsburgh, Indy). Guess who arrived second this year?

Karma favoring the Giants right now.

Staff Sgt. Dignam
02-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah another interesting stat is the last two teams to arrive second in the Super Bowl host city won the game (Pittsburgh, Indy). Guess who arrived second this year?

Karma favoring the Giants right now.

Yeah but the Steelers bought off the refs and the Colts played against fucking Rex Grossman... good theory there fuckstick.

Eli Manning
02-02-2008, 01:21 PM
I stole Peyton's ring at Christmas and pawned it to get some new rims for my Escalade.

Matchman
02-02-2008, 02:28 PM
So what is he suppose to say about his brother? "omfgz LoLz he iz gonna get PwNez by the Patz LoL fuck that n00b!!11!1!"?

dallaskd
02-02-2008, 04:37 PM
New England
Boston Globe's 19-0 Book
Parade Route

New York
Plaxico Guarantees Win
Team Wears Funeral Suits

NE -4, NY -3

Unless I missed any.

mmmhmmm...the big one*

J.T.
02-02-2008, 05:43 PM
mmmhmmm...the big one*

Yeah the bad karma from Spygate has really affected the Patriots season in the worst of ways.