PDA

View Full Version : Sat (Feb 2) Big 12 Games...

K-State Spur
02-02-2008, 12:20 PM
K-State @ Mizzou

Baylor @ Texas

Okie Lite @ Tech

KU @ Buffs

Clones @ Huskers

OU @ TAMU

SrA Husker
02-02-2008, 04:04 PM
KSU falls to a Mizzou that is missing three good players.

Texas takes care of Baylor.

Texas Tech beats Oklahoma state.

K-State Spur
02-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Yep, pretty ridiculous showing by the Cats, who went into classic letdown mode. Beasley never really got into the flow. Walker dominated the first 10 minutes of the game, then went completely quiet for the next 30. The rest of the team actually played pretty decent (at least on the offensive end). Defensively, there were just far too many breakdowns. I don't know that Missouri hit more than 1 or 2 contested shots all day, but they got so many open looks that it didn't matter.

I've said all along that this team will lose a couple of games that they shouldn't though. They are just too inexperienced on the floor and on the bench not to.

SrA Husker
02-02-2008, 04:40 PM
All 3 remaining games are tied up right now either at half or near half. KU/CU being the big surprise.

Whisky Dog
02-02-2008, 05:57 PM
This Big XII season is to an extent a good example of the effect of early NBA entry. Pretty much every team is very young. KSU and A&M are led by freshman. Texas is all sophmores and freshman. All this leads to very inconsistent play, and that's what has been the case at the top of this conference (with the exception of KU). Texas lays eggs to Mizzou and A&M but shows up in the other games. KSU beats KU but lays an egg against Mizzou. A&M seems to lay an egg every other game in conference play. OU is extremely inconsistent. It makes it interesting week to week, but at the same time it's hard to watch teams laying eggs all over the place.

SrA Husker
02-02-2008, 06:16 PM
nebraska, aggy, and kansas all win to finish the day.

K-State Spur
02-02-2008, 07:29 PM
This Big XII season is to an extent a good example of the effect of early NBA entry. Pretty much every team is very young. KSU and A&M are led by freshman. Texas is all sophmores and freshman. All this leads to very inconsistent play, and that's what has been the case at the top of this conference (with the exception of KU). Texas lays eggs to Mizzou and A&M but shows up in the other games. KSU beats KU but lays an egg against Mizzou. A&M seems to lay an egg every other game in conference play. OU is extremely inconsistent. It makes it interesting week to week, but at the same time it's hard to watch teams laying eggs all over the place.

this is true across the NCAA.

ReggieF
02-03-2008, 01:28 PM
not sure I would say A&M is led by Freshmen....Jones and Kirk are the leaders of that team.

Doug Collins
02-03-2008, 01:39 PM
not sure I would say A&M is led by Freshmen....Jones and Kirk are the leaders of that team.

I could've sworn BJ Holmes was the leader...this should be Jones' team but Kirk is definitely the leader on the floor. I like that Jones stepped up against OU and *gasp* didn't foul out. He needs to bring that intensity every game for the aggies to make a run back to the top 3 in the conference. Carter also needs to be more consistent. But these issues have been plaguing them all year. Good win for the aggies.

RonMexico
02-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Bryan Davis is a baller.

RonMexico
02-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Did Oklahoma State beat the spread? Because I know that's more important than actually winning.

ReggieF
02-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Sutton is a great coach...for degenerate gamblers.

johngateswhiteley
02-03-2008, 11:17 PM
nebraska, aggy, and kansas all win to finish the day.

huge win for A&M.