PDA

View Full Version : Bynum only to be out 6 weeks (already walking without brace)

DazedAndConfused
02-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Local LA radio stations reporting that Bynum should be healed a little sooner than expected (6 weeks instead of 8 weeks). He's already walking without the brace and should be able to do rehab very soon. The Laker's FO will probably be very cautious though and keep him out 1-2 weeks longer just to be safe.

baseline bum
02-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Local LA radio stations are jokes. Local LA radio stations told me Kobe was already traded to Dallas a few months ago, last time I listed to sportstalk radio.

z0sa
02-02-2008, 07:11 PM
who gets the ball downlow more now ...

Gasol or Bynum? Bynum has far more potential and Gasol is not a leader (see Grizzlies past 3 times they were in the playoffs)

DazedAndConfused
02-02-2008, 07:35 PM
That's a good question, guess we'll have to find out. Keep in mind Gasol never had a wing player like Kobe Bryant to work with, you can't take his playoff performance on the Grizzlies and use them to project what it will be like on the Lakers.

From the tape I've been able to dig up, Gasol is pretty flexible. He seems to like to start out 15ft from the basket and kind of work his way in, but he can also operate on the low block. He can also hit the midrange jumpshot pretty well. Bynum is strictly a low-post guy.

The real question is how are defenses going to stop both of them and Kobe Bryant.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-02-2008, 07:47 PM
No word on it yet.

KFRebel
02-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Retard...get this straight...when the Lakers had Shaq..and Malone and Kobe...in which case Shaq and Malone are 1000 times better than Bynum and Gasol..teams stopped them! Stop acting like the Lakers are unstoppable, but you are an idiot, Jeff!

Wasn't Payton with them back then?

DazedAndConfused
02-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Retard...get this straight...when the Lakers had Shaq..and Malone and Kobe...in which case Shaq and Malone are 1000 times better than Bynum and Gasol..teams stopped them! Stop acting like the Lakers are unstoppable, but you are an idiot, Jeff!

lol, lashing out at me is a clear sign of insecurity. face it the rest of the WC got a lot better while the Spurs have regressed slightly, especially with all the injuries. you're banking on the notion that Parker, Barry, and everyone else will come back 100% healthy and clicking.

Lakers won 3 rings without Malone or Payton FWIW.

mystargtr34
02-02-2008, 08:38 PM
There's no question who gets the ball more between Bynum and Gasol... its Gasol

Bynum gets most of his points off lobs and alley-oops and the occassional feed to take his man or either pass out of the double.

Gasol is one of the best low post guys in the league... and a terrific passer

JamStone
02-02-2008, 09:26 PM
who gets the ball downlow more now ...

Gasol or Bynum? Bynum has far more potential and Gasol is not a leader (see Grizzlies past 3 times they were in the playoffs)

Gasol is more of a face-up mid post type player. He's not a natural back-to-the-basket low post guy.

JamStone
02-02-2008, 09:28 PM

No one stopped them in the playoffs until the NBA Finals. I think Laker nation would be pretty happy if the Lakers made it all the way back to the Finals even if they lost after a couple first round exits.