02-03-2008, 02:58 AM
anyone has a recap?

manudo22
02-03-2008, 04:12 PM
yeah,

I'd like to know how it went.

Kori Ellis
02-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Sorry, I didn't go this year. I'm sure someone on the forum did though.

T Park
02-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Doesn't Spurschick and Angel Luv usually go to this?

duncan228
02-03-2008, 04:38 PM
I can't find anything. No recap, no pics.
I was hoping Duncan wore his T-Shirt Tux again, that's always a fun picture.

SuperDave
02-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Quick recap. I'm sure someone else can fill in more.

Theme was the San AnTony awards, a take-off on the Tony Awards. As part of the theme, most of the players had previously recorded a video of themselves, in costume, lip-synching a popular song. Then each player, and his singing partner in some cases, was called up to "accept" his award. Brent was the MC and did a great job, as usual.

The highlights:

Tony and Eva sang a duet from "Grease." Eva wore a blonde wig.

Manu and Oberto sang a duet from "Evita." Manu wore a blonde wig. In his "acceptance" speech, Manu said "this is the most embarassing moment of my life."

Bonner, as Annie, sang a song from "Annie."

Good times were had by all.

manudo22
02-03-2008, 05:57 PM
if you go to manu's website, there is a short video of the event and manu is wearing a pink tie he looks very sexy!!!!

duncan228
02-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Was Duncan there?
Wearing something like this?

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/duncantux.jpg

Que Gee
02-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Timmy singing "Sherry" was pretty funny. Especially with the wig on. I thought Bruce doing the "Flashdance" routine was pretty humorous as well.

duncan228
02-03-2008, 06:25 PM
if you go to manu's website, there is a short video of the event...

Thanks for the info.

greens
02-03-2008, 06:30 PM
if you go to manu's website, there is a short video of the event and manu is wearing a pink tie he looks very sexy!!!!

Thanks for the info. I went to the site, but I just can't find the video...

it's manuginobili.com right?

Is it on the front page?

Sounds like everyone had a good time.

duncan228
02-03-2008, 06:36 PM
The link is in the forum, on the last page, in the last post.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1214078384?bctid=1402023738

duncan228
02-03-2008, 06:39 PM
If anyone has, or can find, a clip of Duncan I would really appreciate it. :)

greens
02-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks a lot for the link! You're one of the nicest people on the forum, by the way.

duncan228
02-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks a lot for the link! You're one of the nicest people on the forum, by the way.

Thanks.

It takes a lot to piss me off. I don't stress the little things.
I can get nasty if I need to, but I find it takes a lot of energy.

Nice is easier. :)

greens
02-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks.

It takes a lot to piss me off. I don't stress the little things.
I can get nasty if I need to, but I find it takes a lot of energy.

Nice is easier. :)

Yup, I agree...I just don't think stress is necessary...Instead, it's a lot easier to be respectful towards other people. :clap

greens
02-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Some pix are posted here:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/sas/photos

Pop, Manu, Brent, The Iceman...

duncan228
02-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the link greenleo.

I still haven't found anything on Duncan.
Anyone? Pics, video?

manudo22
02-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Don't worry, there has to be pics of tim floating out there. I'm sure he looked really nice. Didn't Manu look hot or what

greens
02-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Quick recap. I'm sure someone else can fill in more.

Theme was the San AnTony awards, a take-off on the Tony Awards. As part of the theme, most of the players had previously recorded a video of themselves, in costume, lip-synching a popular song. Then each player, and his singing partner in some cases, was called up to "accept" his award. Brent was the MC and did a great job, as usual.

The highlights:

Manu and Oberto sang a duet from "Evita." Manu wore a blonde wig. In his "acceptance" speech, Manu said "this is the most embarassing moment of my life."

Bonner, as Annie, sang a song from "Annie."

Good times were had by all.

Thanks for the recap! So all the Spurs players were there?

bigfundamental21
02-04-2008, 12:33 AM
I have always wanted to go to this event. Thanks for sharing pics, video clips, and recaps. Keep it coming!

ploto
02-04-2008, 12:47 AM
I do not know what it was like this year, but in recent years they have provided less and less access to the players. Used to be many of the players would come in the front door with everyone else, mingle, take photos... Then, they started sneaking the players in through the back and out before dessert was even over, and there was little chance to mingle. One year they even scheduled it the night before a day game, and so the players were hardly even there and left.

It is nice to know they put some effort this year into the players being involved in some sort of program, as that has been lacking in the recent past, as well.

It is nice if you want to spend the money, support the foundation, and get dressed up-but some people are disappointed that they do not get to talk with the players like they expect.

Sorry to offend anyone, but even when a company pays a lot of money to have a player at the table, it does not guarantee much conversation. Someone I know sat right next to Tony one year, and he would not talk to anyone but Eva who was next to him on the other side.

porscha
02-04-2008, 04:05 AM
Someone I know sat right next to Tony one year, and he would not talk to anyone but Eva who was next to him on the other side.
that was......so rude!!! :dizzy :nope

angel_luv
02-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Doesn't Spurschick and Angel Luv usually go to this?

I have never been, sadly.

The event is currently too rich for my blood, but I would like to go one of these years.

angel_luv
02-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Some pix are posted here:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/sas/photos

Pop, Manu, Brent, The Iceman...

And some awesome Spurs themed shoes!

Thanks for the links everyone. I was having the hardest time finding it on my own.

carina_gino20
02-04-2008, 12:59 PM

The highlights:

Spurs Show Their Funny Side
by Bill Schoening | February 4, 2008

After watching Brent Barry carefully plan and orchestrate the "Spurs Spectacular" for several months, I'm not surprised at all that the veteran guard was able to deliver a ton of laughs during the Spurs Foundation’s 20th Annual Tux and Tennies Dinner and Auction on Saturday evening.

Video clips of Spurs players in theatrical roles certainly had potential, but Barry (with help from his good natured teammates and expert production assistance from Mike Kickirillo and Daniel Ashcraft) was able to generate guffaws and tears of laughter during the presentation.

Bruce Bowen in "Flashdance", Matt Bonner as "Little Orphan Annie", and Manu Ginobili lip-synching "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" as Evita Peron were just a few of the highlights.

The players each came up to the podium to accept their "San An-Tony" Awards...Tony Parker, who helped Barry co-host the Spectacular, showed off his dancing skills with wife Eva in a remake of "Grease." Barry gets my vote for "The best performance as a broadway producer by a guard on the inactive list with a calf injury."

http://www.nba.com/spurs/timeout/20secondto.html
Man, I'd pay for a video of the San An-Tony Awards. :lol

41times
02-04-2008, 02:11 PM
just curious for those who went, how much did you have to pay per person or per tabe?

we have that here in Dallas but it is too expensive for me to go. It is either $1000 per person or $10,000 per table i believe.

greens
02-04-2008, 10:10 PM
just curious for those who went, how much did you have to pay per person or per tabe?

we have that here in Dallas but it is too expensive for me to go. It is either $1000 per person or $10,000 per table i believe.

Here are all the prices:
http://www.nba.com/spurs/community/tuxntennies_080108.html