PDA

View Full Version : Jerome James: Use Me or Move Me

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Notebook | "Use me or move me," former Sonic James says
By Percy Allen

Seattle Times staff reporter

As Seattle players celebrate Saturday, New York guard and Seattle native Nate Robinson pulls his jersey over his head after his potential winning shot missed. The Knicks fell to the Sonics 86-85

Jerome James feels a sense of loyalty to Isiah Thomas, who gave him a five-year, $29 million contract when he was the New York Knicks general manager three years ago.

Still, the former Sonics center who has battled a foot injury and played just two games this season, said Saturday that he wants to be traded in the offseason to a team where he can play out the final two years of his deal.

"I'm hoping that either they use me or move me," James said. "I love Zeke [Thomas]. Zeke is by far my favorite coach. I had a great relationship with [Nate McMillan]. He's a great guy, but as far as relating to a guy, Zeke is by far my favorite coach. So I don't even want to go to him with this right now.

"I'm not trying to disrupt the team. I know I've been injured. ... I know he feels pressure to throw me out there, and I said, 'No, don't throw me out there. Don't change nothing.' I'm not looking to be moved right now. We can make a playoff push. But the summer is always there. Do it then. If they aren't going to use me, move me."

James underwent foot surgery Nov. 12 and played his first game Jan. 18.

Since leaving Seattle, his career has taken a dramatic down turn.

"I knew my time here was priceless," he said.

He added, "For a Florida boy like myself, this place was heaven. ... And everybody got paid after that [2004-05] season.

"A lot of those guys need to thank me for that. I did the dirty work for those guys. I kept them clean. Nobody messed with them and everybody knew not to mess with them because then you'd have to answer to me. I'm not saying Ray [Allen] and Rashard [Lewis] and those guys owe me any money or anything like that, but they should say thank you."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sonics/2004161276_soniglance03.html

peskypesky
02-03-2008, 11:14 AM
"I'm not looking to be moved right now. We [Knicks] can make a playoff push."

"I'm not saying Ray [Allen] and Rashard [Lewis] and those guys owe me any money or anything like that, but they should say thank you."

He's on crack.

duncan228
02-03-2008, 11:27 AM
I got no respect for him. None. :)

Chris
02-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Trashbag man sux, no one cares. "I have no respect for that team, NONE!"
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6564/jeromejamesgarbagebaglv7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Chris
02-03-2008, 11:31 AM
I got no respect for him. None. :)

great minds think alike ;)

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-03-2008, 11:32 AM
"I don't have the first clue who he is talking about, because all I worry about is Jerome."
- Jerome James, on Nate McMillan's comments about players on Seattle being selfish.

:lmao

duncan228
02-03-2008, 11:45 AM
great minds think alike ;)

I saw lots of Sonics games when I lived in the Seattle area.
Jerome James was the unfortunate part of that experience.

There is one exception though.

My son did the Sonics summer camp for several years. Jerome James made an appearance one year, and chose my son to shoot free throws against him.

My son won $20.00 from him. :)

At that moment, I thought James was an okay guy. Obviously my opinion has changed over the years.

Kriz-Maxima
02-03-2008, 12:05 PM

ThomasGranger
02-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Oh, man, Jerome James cracks me up. He's at the top of my list of players for the NBA All-Interview First Team. The Knicks should keep him around just for laughs.

Ronaldo McDonald
02-03-2008, 12:52 PM
what the hell is with the "they knew not to mess with me" part?

lol. stupid. stupid. stupid. stupid

boutons_
02-03-2008, 12:56 PM
"Use me or move me"

How about another option: "lose me"

$30M for this doorstop typifies all that is wrong with the insane NBA pay scale.

RonMexico
02-03-2008, 01:56 PM
If I were him, I'd like where I was. Getting paid way too much to sit on the bench in New York based on one playoff series in 2005 seems like a good deal to me. With the lack of big men in the NBA, I'm sure he can get the vets min somewhere when this contract is up... if not, then he should find comfort in stealing millions of dollars from New York for no work.

SpursDynasty
02-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Anyone know why, after Seattle had a pretty decent season in 2004-2005, gave the Spurs problems in the playoffs...why Coach McMillan, Antonio Daniels, and this clown Jerome James all left?

RonMexico
02-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Anyone know why, after Seattle had a pretty decent season in 2004-2005, gave the Spurs problems in the playoffs...why Coach McMillan, Antonio Daniels, and this clown Jerome James all left?

Well, the reason Jerome James left is very, very easy... Isiah was stupid enough to give him a huge contract, so he took it.

remingtonbo2001
02-03-2008, 02:22 PM
I think they (McMillan, Daniels) saw the writing on the wall, with the team being up for sale and what not.

sribb43
02-03-2008, 02:28 PM
If i were him id shut the fuck up and take my money...bc if the cops/fbi found out about this guy theyd arrest him for robbery

duncan228
02-03-2008, 02:39 PM

I think McMillan left because he didn't got the respect he was due from the owners.

He turned a young team around way earlier than the "five year plan" the Sonics were operating under, he got them to the Western Conference Semis, took the Spurs to six tough games, and he got nothing for it. Not a pat on the back. I thought when he took the job with Portland it was a direct slap at the Sonics management.

duncan228
02-03-2008, 02:40 PM
"Use me or move me" How about another option: "lose me"

remingtonbo2001
02-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I think McMillan left because he didn't got the respect he was due from the owners.

He turned a young team around way earlier than the "five year plan" the Sonics were operating under, he got them to the Western Conference Semis, took the Spurs to six tough games, and he got nothing for it. Not a pat on the back. I thought when he took the job with Portland it was a direct slap at the Sonics management.

I agree. I just think some of the actions of the ownership (Shultz) was a sign of things to come. Like you said, there wasn't much intrest shown by the ownership even though the accomplishments were far beyond expectations.