PDA

View Full Version : lakers vs. washington

spurscenter
02-03-2008, 01:45 PM
anyone watching the game?

SO FUNNY

JOEL MEYERS and that other guy are like wetting themselves about Pau Gasol every time they can.

Its kinda scary. but so funny. They have always been neurotic by their style of announcing but jesus, its kinda scary now.

In one exchange Joel, stu and the sideline reporter are talking about Pau's coming to LA with such dedicated and rowdy fans is going to be the same as Pau playing for his National Team and it will be great for him. lol

Lakers are killing Washington.

Pau is there in a suit with his messy hair, looks like a hobo. lol (he left all his clothes in memphis it was reported)

I dont know how this improves the Lakers, they will surely beat the sub 500 teams but there is no way this is a championship team, they just guaranteed themselves a winning record and not losing to any sub 500 teams anymore.

Lakers are not scary with Pau, imo.

Lakers get hot and roll in bunches but when they dont they are very weak and commit many TO's. The spurs/laker game was perfect example.

Ill try to post some video of what they are saying, some is truly classic stuff. So funny because they are serious.

if I had to hear Joel and Stu all season long, I probably be neurotic too. (well I'am already but you catch my point) :dramaquee

BonnerDynasty
02-03-2008, 01:49 PM
He better not turn into a lame Cali prettyboy and shave his beard of ownage.

DazedAndConfused
02-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Wow someone sure is insecure. Joel and Stu are some of the most unbiased non-homer announcers in the league. You wanna talk about homers go watch a Celtics game.

spurscenter
02-03-2008, 01:58 PM
oh yea, dude , the celtics announcers are classic

I freaking love to hear them, they are funny

but seriously, Joel and Stu are horrid man, like 2 kids in the front row.

Its cool but for a non laker fan, it gets scary.
in defense of Joel, he had the same style with the spurs but sean was a better balance than Stu. With Stu, joel gets crazier with the homer talk.

Nick Young USC, is a nice surprise in this game. Like his poise.

DazedAndConfused
02-03-2008, 02:00 PM
You think the Spurs announcers are any better?

Of course Joel and Stu are excited, they know exactly what Pau Gasol is going to bring to the Lakers. It's a bigtime move.

spurscenter
02-03-2008, 02:03 PM
I miss Dick Stockton as Spurs Announcer.

All announcers are homers that cover a particular team, but the funny ones are the ones that shine, Stu and Joel are not funny which makes them scary at times. lol

DazedAndConfused
02-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Spurs announcers = SNORE FEST

spurscenter
02-03-2008, 02:18 PM
did u hear Bill Walton on ABC right now, "memphis is a tragedy, it has become a farm team for the NBA, its sad for the city and its sponsors. "

ouch!

Medvedenko
02-03-2008, 02:50 PM
anyone watching the game?

SO FUNNY

JOEL MEYERS and that other guy are like wetting themselves about Pau Gasol every time they can.

Its kinda scary. but so funny. They have always been neurotic by their style of announcing but jesus, its kinda scary now.

In one exchange Joel, stu and the sideline reporter are talking about Pau's coming to LA with such dedicated and rowdy fans is going to be the same as Pau playing for his National Team and it will be great for him. lol

Lakers are killing Washington.

Pau is there in a suit with his messy hair, looks like a hobo. lol (he left all his clothes in memphis it was reported)

I dont know how this improves the Lakers, they will surely beat the sub 500 teams but there is no way this is a championship team, they just guaranteed themselves a winning record and not losing to any sub 500 teams anymore.

Lakers are not scary with Pau, imo.
Lakers get hot and roll in bunches but when they dont they are very weak and commit many TO's. The spurs/laker game was perfect example.

Ill try to post some video of what they are saying, some is truly classic stuff. So funny because they are serious.

if I had to hear Joel and Stu all season long, I probably be neurotic too. (well I'am already but you catch my point) :dramaquee

You're a retard buddy...the lakers with Kwame and Bynum were the top of the NBA and now they are somehow not scary. Every pundit and team when interviewed is saying this is a hell of a deal. I was watching the NBATV feed with the Washington announcers....they were wetting themselves over Kobe and Pau as well. Get used to it.

remingtonbo2001
02-03-2008, 03:27 PM
You're a retard buddy...the lakers with Kwame and Bynum were the top of the NBA and now they are somehow not scary. Every pundit and team when interviewed is saying this is a hell of a deal. I was watching the NBATV feed with the Washington announcers....they were wetting themselves over Kobe and Pau as well. Get used to it.

You fail to point out they got beat by a battered Spurs team playing their worst ball of the season, when LA was playing at a maximum level (minus Bynum)

The Spurs were pulled down by the play of an injured Tony Parker. Manu was also playin with a splint.

TheNextGen
02-03-2008, 03:33 PM
You fail to point out they got beat by a battered Spurs team playing their worst ball of the season, when LA was playing at a maximum level (minus Bynum)

The Spurs were pulled down by the play of an injured Tony Parker. Manu was also playin with a splint.

Playing at maximum level - minus bynum. OXYMORON anyone?

spurscenter
02-03-2008, 03:39 PM
I really dont see the big deal, Lakers are better with Gasol but Gasol is not the answer for a championship. Gasol is Chris Mihm with a bit more talent in that Laker system.

They will be better and they will now assure themselves a playoff spot but they are not championship material this year or next.

DazedAndConfused
02-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Gasol = career 20/10 player who shoots 50% from the field. Name me all the NBA players currently averaging 20/10 or near that in the NBA right now.

This move has absolutely catapulted the Lakers to the next level. They addressed their biggest weakness without giving up anything of value. Everything improves because of this, offense and defense. We will be the best rebounding team in the league and definitely one of the top 5 defensively. And yes you can quote me on this. It's not just Gasol, it's Gasol+Bynum+Kobe+Odom.

Tippecanoe
02-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Gasol = career 20/10 player who shoots 50% from the field.

Pau Gasol's career numbers are 18.8/8.6. He has never averaged 10 RPG in a season.

DazedAndConfused
02-03-2008, 03:53 PM
OK if we round up its a career 19/9 guy. BFD.

1Parker1
02-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Did anyone catch the highlights? On one play, Caron Butler scores on a crazy layup attempt and he runs back on defense spreading his arms out like an airplane...ala Kobe, and Kobe just laughs at him.

:lol

DazedAndConfused
02-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Caron and Kobe are best friends

Medvedenko
02-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Caron did that because Kobe had a sweet play the play before and did his superman thing.....that's his move.

1Parker1
02-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Caron and Kobe are best friends

:lol Really? they're best friends? I didn't know that...

ElNono
02-04-2008, 12:04 AM
OK if we round up its a career 19/9 guy. BFD.

He was a 19/9 player being the number one option in Memphis.
In LA he's option 2 or 3. And by the time the games get rough (ie: playoffs) you're gonna have to play Turiaf anyways, since Gaysol can't guard the Duncan or Boozers of the world.
Don't get me wrong, the trade was good, but to think it takes the Lakers over the top is just wishful thinking.

Matchman
02-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Gasol = career 20/10 player who shoots 50% from the field. Name me all the NBA players currently averaging 20/10 or near that in the NBA right now.

Yao Ming, KG, S.T.A.T. and Duncan.... did i left off anyone? maybe Al Jeff

ElNono
02-04-2008, 07:08 AM
Yao Ming, KG, S.T.A.T. and Duncan.... did i left off anyone? maybe Al Jeff

Al Jefferson, Boozer... Kaman is 17/13...

jmard5
02-04-2008, 08:24 AM

Lakers is Kobe's team. Unless Kobe gives him the ball, that will never happen again.

Now factor in Bynum when he's fully healed...