PDA

View Full Version : We Are Not San Antonio... -Suns Fans.

Supreme_Being
02-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Just thought this: http://arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105500 deserves a new thread. :wakeup

duncan228
02-03-2008, 10:58 PM
The poster makes one mistake..."The Spurs have won 3 championships..."

td4mvp21
02-03-2008, 11:02 PM
"Agreed 100%. The journey is just as important, if not more-so, than the destination. Would I love the Suns to win the title? Of course, I'd probably cry like a baby. But if it mean scoring 75 points a night, slowing the pace to a grind, and playing 'Riley Ball,' I'll pass thanks. Basketball is an uptempo, elegant, acrobatic game, I hate teams who try to turn it into football."

WTF? Are you stupid?

Obstructed_View
02-03-2008, 11:05 PM
The poster makes one mistake..."The Spurs have won 3 championships..."
Unless they were clever enough to have done it intentionally.

Dex
02-03-2008, 11:12 PM
So what's more important: looking forward to and being able to enjoy watching just about every game, regular season and playoffs, or, having "your" team win a championship even though you've long lost interest in their games due to their style and/or particular players/tactics they employ?

The point is, I want to be able to enjoy watching my team play. The championship is the ultimate goal, but how you get there is just as important to me. But I know a lot of people will probably see it differently.

Wow, these guys really ARE missing the point.

I happen to enjoy my Spurs games, win or lose, AND get to enjoy watching them win titles. I'm pretty sure we're still waiting for a team to go 82-0.

td4mvp21
02-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Wow, these guys really ARE missing the point.

I don't know what he's talking about, I never get tired of the Spurs or their "dirty" tactics. Especially when they knock a star player flat on his ass! That's exciting to me! :lol

gmanrulz
02-03-2008, 11:19 PM
"Agreed 100%. The journey is just as important, if not more-so, than the destination. Would I love the Suns to win the title? Of course, I'd probably cry like a baby. But if it mean scoring 75 points a night, slowing the pace to a grind, and playing 'Riley Ball,' I'll pass thanks. Basketball is an uptempo, elegant, acrobatic game, I hate teams who try to turn it into football."

fuck the title man, did you us drop 120 on the T' wolves?

TDMVPDPOY
02-03-2008, 11:21 PM
sunsfans are becoming like dallas fans when spurs were winning everything

they gotto address there problems and fill teh needs of the teams to beat the spurs,

they are a joke of a team to begin with, always pointing fingers

2centsworth
02-03-2008, 11:22 PM
suns fan crack me up. Since the suns can't win a title they start to make other crap up.

gmanrulz
02-03-2008, 11:25 PM
all the posters r saying that since they're fun to watch it doesnt matter if they win it all. Lets ask them that when theyre crying and whining and making excuses after getting out of the playoffs yet again. Then see if they're still saying "Oh wow that was entertaining!"

sprrs
02-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Agreed 100%. The journey is just as important, if not more-so, than the destination. Would I love the Suns to win the title? Of course, I'd probably cry like a baby. But if it mean scoring 75 points a night, slowing the pace to a grind, and playing 'Riley Ball,' I'll pass thanks. Basketball is an uptempo, elegant, acrobatic game, I hate teams who try to turn it into football.
Suns fans have finally gone over the edge.

BonnerDynasty
02-03-2008, 11:32 PM
I agree with everything you're saying, but the Spurs are so damn annoying and boring.

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Annoying because they beat the loser Suns every year.

Boring because they are still playing in June while Suns fan is still BITTER.

So what's more important: looking forward to and being able to enjoy watching just about every game, regular season and playoffs, or, having "your" team win a championship even though you've long lost interest in their games due to their style and/or particular players/tactics they employ?

The point is, I want to be able to enjoy watching my team play. The championship is the ultimate goal, but how you get there is just as important to me. But I know a lot of people will probably see it differently.

hahahaha THAT. IS. PATHETIC.

phyzik
02-03-2008, 11:44 PM
wow. And here I thought it was a minority of suns fans that thought that way.... By "That Way" I mean stupidity of course.

spursrule32
02-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Yeah, I bet Pats fans are saying "at least we had an exciting season - makes losing the Superbowl not so bad."

ShoogarBear
02-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Well, if they like the Suns, they must LOVE the Cardinals.

gmanrulz
02-03-2008, 11:58 PM
I agree with everything you're saying, but the Spurs are so damn annoying and boring.

yp4UF4Av_g0.

BonnerDynasty
02-04-2008, 12:01 AM
lol damn I got banned.

remingtonbo2001
02-04-2008, 12:03 AM
The following was entered by SunsFan2008. I didn't know of any intellegent PHX fans up to this moment. HOWEVER, this guy nailed it right on the head and deserves a COOKIE.

This entire thread is pathetic!!!!

Am I seriously reading that it is more important to my fellow Suns fan that the Suns be "entertaining" during the regular season and not EVER win a championship than to be considered among the elite and finally earn the RESPECT they deserve!?

Some of you make me embarassed to be a Suns fan and I cannot take it anymore.

I hear that the Spurs are annoying. Yes they whine and Manu does flop but so does Nash! Everyone in the NBA whines! Don't you guys read articles and watch post-game interviews? The Spurs are a class organization and always give the opposition props. Let's keep it real and take the homer glasses off. FFS David Robinson taught this team how to be class and no one here can say he was classless. Duncan has followed in his footsteps.
I hear the Spurs are boring. Not if you actually enjoy DEFENSE. Something the Suns ARE capable of being great at if they would start playing it a full 48 mins a game. Tony Parker is not boring. Manu Ginobili is one of the most entertaining basketball players in the game right now. Let's keep it real and take off the homer glasses please.

The Spurs play amazing TEAM basketball.They have great ball movement. They have great suffocating defense. And when their 3 pt shooters are hitting the 3, they have great fluid offense. Let's keep it real and take off the homer glasses.

Spurs fans love their team. Not because they get no media attention all regular season, not because so many people call them dirty. Not because they just win rings. It's because they DO have class and they play amazing team defense basketball. Show some respect and quit whining imo.

I'm sorry but this all MUST be said. The Suns ARE capable of beating the Spurs. Last year was b.s. that our guys got suspended but we all know the Spurs are still a better team. We must find an answer to stopping our opponents big men (Duncan, Bynum, etc). We do have good disrupting defense when we commit to it. I just hate seeing us turn into babies and look so foolish with some of the EXCUSES you guys are coming up with.

BonnerDynasty
02-04-2008, 12:04 AM
^That was me lulz.

I didn't even talk any shit :(

txstr1986
02-04-2008, 12:05 AM
yp4UF4Av_g0.

I never get tired of watching that

ShoogarBear
02-04-2008, 12:05 AM
^That was me.

I didn't even talk any shit :(I was just about to post that I bet it was a Spur fan trolling.

m33p0
02-04-2008, 12:17 AM
^That was me lulz.

I didn't even talk any shit :(
:lol good job!

Brutalis
02-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Nash pushed Horry to the ground on the missed shot.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-04-2008, 12:29 AM
The following was entered by SunsFan2008. I didn't know of any intellegent PHX fans up to this moment. HOWEVER, this guy nailed it right on the head and deserves a COOKIE.

This entire thread is pathetic!!!!

Am I seriously reading that it is more important to my fellow Suns fan that the Suns be "entertaining" during the regular season and not EVER win a championship than to be considered among the elite and finally earn the RESPECT they deserve!?

Some of you make me embarassed to be a Suns fan and I cannot take it anymore.

I hear that the Spurs are annoying. Yes they whine and Manu does flop but so does Nash! Everyone in the NBA whines! Don't you guys read articles and watch post-game interviews? The Spurs are a class organization and always give the opposition props. Let's keep it real and take the homer glasses off. FFS David Robinson taught this team how to be class and no one here can say he was classless. Duncan has followed in his footsteps.
I hear the Spurs are boring. Not if you actually enjoy DEFENSE. Something the Suns ARE capable of being great at if they would start playing it a full 48 mins a game. Tony Parker is not boring. Manu Ginobili is one of the most entertaining basketball players in the game right now. Let's keep it real and take off the homer glasses please.

The Spurs play amazing TEAM basketball.They have great ball movement. They have great suffocating defense. And when their 3 pt shooters are hitting the 3, they have great fluid offense. Let's keep it real and take off the homer glasses.

Spurs fans love their team. Not because they get no media attention all regular season, not because so many people call them dirty. Not because they just win rings. It's because they DO have class and they play amazing team defense basketball. Show some respect and quit whining imo.

I'm sorry but this all MUST be said. The Suns ARE capable of beating the Spurs. Last year was b.s. that our guys got suspended but we all know the Spurs are still a better team. We must find an answer to stopping our opponents big men (Duncan, Bynum, etc). We do have good disrupting defense when we commit to it. I just hate seeing us turn into babies and look so foolish with some of the EXCUSES you guys are coming up with.

Response by Suns fan: "Well that's one of the more creative troll introductions we've been treated to."

:lmao

Did you do something else? You shouldn't have been banned for that.

BonnerDynasty
02-04-2008, 12:39 AM
I had one other post where someone said "There are Sports in S.A.??"

and I replied "just the 4 time NBA Champ Spurs."

That might have done it :lol :toast It only took them 45 secs after I posted first post to get banned :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Now they've deleted your post - that place must be the SR of Phoenix.

Don't people understand that good moderation does not equal censorship??? Freakin nazis.

BonnerDynasty
02-04-2008, 12:43 AM
lmao they deleted it b/c it was true. They have left other Spurs trolls posts up :(

m33p0
02-04-2008, 12:45 AM
apparently, to stay on their board you have to subscribe to their way of thinking. no, thank you. :lol

i'm glad i'm not a suns fan. :spin

Supreme_Being
02-04-2008, 01:04 AM
apparently, to stay on their board you have to subscribe to their way of thinking. no, thank you. :lol

i'm glad i'm not a suns fan. :spin

Ditto.

Dave McNulla
02-04-2008, 01:05 AM
Just thought this: http://arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105500 deserves a new thread. :wakeupi dont' read suns boards because i can't post there. let them wallow in their self-pity by themselves.

jag
02-04-2008, 01:07 AM
It took a few ass whoopings but their fans are starting to realize alittle something about postseason play.

ancestron
02-04-2008, 10:29 AM
I got banned over there for posting locker room celebration pics right after the Spurs won the title last year.
those people are delusional--especially this guy--

"As a fan, I want to be entertained and have excitement and flash to cheer for. To me it's not only about winning, but how you win. I could never be a fan of the Spurs or Pistons, I just don't have the time or patience. Those teams don't give you goosebumps."

samikeyp
02-04-2008, 10:34 AM
I got banned over there for posting locker room celebration pics right after the Spurs won the title last year.
those people are delusional--especially this guy--

"As a fan, I want to be entertained and have excitement and flash to cheer for. To me it's not only about winning, but how you win. I could never be a fan of the Spurs or Pistons, I just don't have the time or patience. Those teams don't give you goosebumps."

He was correct, the Pistons and Spurs don't give their fans goosebumps....just championships.

Harry Callahan
02-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Wow! Style points are more important than Championships to some people in Phoenix. Dumb point of view!

The Spurs used to play "Run and Gun" basketball in the 70s and early 80s. Where did that get us? Pretty much the same place the Suns are now.

Give me the rings, not the so called "entertaining style of play". BTW, Parker and Gino are flashy and entertaining if you actually watch them play.

Sec24Row7
02-04-2008, 12:15 PM
I would rather lose pretty than win ugly...

ROFL

hater
02-04-2008, 01:27 PM
choking is pretty? LMAO

samikeyp
02-04-2008, 01:28 PM
choking is pretty? LMAO

Apparently so, if you do it in an entertaining way! :lol

lonestr
02-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Didn't D'Antoni play for the Spurs in those run-n-gun years. Looks like he hasn't moved on.

ElNono
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
I can't decide what's more hilarious, these comments or re-watching GSW beat Dallas in the first round last year.

jman3000
02-04-2008, 02:35 PM
shit god damn... some suns fans are just flat out retarded.

Borosai
02-04-2008, 04:01 PM
I love watching that video.... CheapShotRob! We love you. :lol

WalterBenitez
02-04-2008, 04:05 PM
shit god damn... some suns fans are just flat out retarded.
:nope they are frustrated!!

WalterBenitez
02-04-2008, 04:09 PM
I never get tired of watching that

Manu is an artist, if he had made that shot, nothing would happen, right :music

Soul_Patch
02-04-2008, 05:44 PM
It must be what is ingrained in the local sports media and sports mindset there. Every single suns fan i have ever met here or elsewhere has always had that argument! At least the suns are flashy and fun to watch! At least the suns are "america's team"!; at least we dont get shitty ratings like the spurs!

Ill never understand this thinking. It means a lot to me to see "my team" succeed and win. I have NEVER been bored at watching a spurs game, even spurs v wizards / spurs v bobcats...still entertaining.

Maybe that comes from living in a "1 team town", perhaps if i had a pro level team at each sport i may think differently, but i doubt it.

m33p0
02-04-2008, 09:02 PM
manu and tony are pretty entertaining. and duncan is quite entertaining to watch for his fans. suns mentality is retarded, frustrated or not. i wouldn't be surprised if the Miss World Beauty Pageant is a big hit in their town.

Shred
02-05-2008, 06:27 AM
Obsession noted.

Shred
02-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Now they've deleted your post - that place must be the SR of Phoenix.

Don't people understand that good moderation does not equal censorship??? Freakin nazis.

Yeah, it actually involves editing posts without attribution, changing people's avatars, and dropping a few homophobic gay-bombs in for good measure. But what would I know, "I'm gay."

ambchang
02-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Obsession noted.

True that the Suns fans can't stop measuring up the Suns to the Spurs.
Understandable though, who wouldn't want 4 rings?