PDA

View Full Version : The Dynasty is Tainted

J.T.
02-04-2008, 12:20 AM
I never considered the Patriots dynasty in the same league as other NFL dynasties like Pittsburgh, Dallas, and San Fransisco because those teams went to the Super Bowl and killed their opponent at least once. The Patriots are one Adam Vinatieri short of being the Buffalo Bills of the new millenium. Failing to pull the trigger on the first 19-0 season after all the points they scored, all the records they broke puts a giant, gaping black hole in their dynasty. Pun intended.

KidCongo
02-04-2008, 12:20 AM
today is a good day

peewee's lovechild
02-04-2008, 12:23 AM
The only dynasty at the moment is the Manning Dynasty.

No one can argue against that.

FlavoredIcecream
02-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Wait til today to start this thread? Very cute.

But they are 1 Tom Brady away from having 0 SB wins.
You can thank Drew Bledsoe for getting hurt.
Brady is obviously the best QB in the game who picked a bad day to not play his best even though the Giants rush got to him insanely.

But if you take away Tom Bradys Game winning drive vs the Rams.
You take Tom Bradys Game winning drive vs the Panthers.

And he might not have any SB rings.

Adam Vinateri didn't single handedly win the game for them.
What about the Colts in Sb V?
Kicking a game winning FG.
Did you think that SB was cheap because it was by a late FG?

well thats if you were a Colts fan then and chances are you wern't so thats okay.

stretch
02-04-2008, 12:32 AM
The Patriots are one correct call away from 0 rings. No bullshit "tuck" call, and they have no rings.

FlavoredIcecream
02-04-2008, 12:34 AM
The Patriots are one correct call away from 0 rings. No bullshit "tuck" call, and they have no rings.

Yea but it was the Raiders. It couldn't have happened against a better team. :lol:

J.T.
02-04-2008, 12:37 AM
well thats if you were a Colts fan then and chances are you wern't so thats okay.

I wasn't even born then. :lmao

The Giants defense played a hell of a game today. Brady made some big plays today, but his line let him down and gave up a season high five sacks. The Giants D has pressure on Brady all day and he led a late drive in the 4th quarter to give the Pats the lead with a little more than two minutes to go. Brady made the plays when he needed to. He was given 30 seconds to set up a FG and failed. There's nothing you can say about Brady in this game to imply that he choked or didn't show up. The Giants just put pressure on him and played good defense.

J.T.
02-04-2008, 12:40 AM
And I didn't say their dynasty was tainted prior to this. When they beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl, they were clearly the better team, and the three point margin was actually a 10 point margin that was cut into by the Eagles late in the game. Vinatieri didn't win that one for them. They're a legitimate dynasty for winning three Super Bowls in four years, and successfully defending one of those crowns.

I'm saying, does this loss taint it? They were a huge favorite to win this game. 18-0 and playing a team they already beat.

FlavoredIcecream
02-04-2008, 12:47 AM
the better team won

10-6>16-0 :P

But I know what you mean. The Giants were the better team today.
I'm just glad it was a good Superbowl.

And as for thier dynasty, People said it was over when Denver beat them a few years back. now its just a resurfacing dynasty I guess.

If they end up winning the next 2 Sbs. That will be 5 Sbs since 2000.

5 out of 10 is that a dynasty?
I dont know where to draw the line.
I think this officially ends the dynasty but I dont know about it being tainted.

Spygate is the only thing that could taint it IMO