PDA

View Full Version : Stoudamire Interview

timvp
02-04-2008, 03:26 AM
Because we can never have too many Stoudamire threads . . .

Uux3uYdSetM

Supreme_Being
02-04-2008, 03:31 AM
Perfect fit!

Sense
02-04-2008, 03:37 AM
the perfect fit.... nice

Kori Ellis
02-04-2008, 03:40 AM
I think it says a lot that Pop flew out after the Sonics game to recruit him. :tu

bigfish22
02-04-2008, 04:05 AM
Anyway he can help getting Miller to follow?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-04-2008, 04:21 AM
Ouch... the free throw question was a bit tough

Please_dont_ban_me
02-04-2008, 04:23 AM
How old is Damon?

You think if he fits in well off the bench, we have a backup PG for the next few years? Or just a short term fix.

JPB
02-04-2008, 04:40 AM
Short term, he's 34.

Mark in Austin
02-04-2008, 04:58 AM
Damon handled that well. Nothing like some used car salesman looking local sports jerkoff to welcome you to the team by rubbing salt into the wounds of playoff losses from nine years ago.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-04-2008, 05:08 AM
Short term, he's 34.

For a backup playing limited minutes...

We could squeeze some Robert Horry years out of him.

J.T.
02-04-2008, 05:30 AM
Damon handled that well. Nothing like some used car salesman looking local sports jerkoff to welcome you to the team by rubbing salt into the wounds of playoff losses from nine years ago.

It's not like if we signed Rasheed, the media wouldn't be asking him shit like "So what about the '99 playoff series when you were with Portland?" and "Dude, seriously, how do you leave Robert Horry open with the game on the line in the Finals?"

timvp
02-04-2008, 05:34 AM
For a backup playing limited minutes...

We could squeeze some Robert Horry years out of him.No way. The most the Spurs can expect out of Damon Stoudamire is a halfway decent end to this season.

Players who are short for their position have extremely short lifespans in the NBA. Stoudamire, who is listed at a generous 5-foot-10, might have enough gas in the tank to make one final run over the second half of this year and into the playoffs.

Only one 5-foot-10 or shorter player in the history of the NBA has done anything of note past the age of 35 ... and that was Avery Johnson. Stoudamire is 34.

I'm not sure he's going to pan out this year ... much less be able to play for a couple more seasons. Basically, this is Stoudamire's one last chance at glory. His career is likely over after this season, either way.

TDMVPDPOY
02-04-2008, 06:32 AM
another guy gettin 2 checks

im rich biashes

amy020
02-04-2008, 06:50 AM
hope he will be helpful

1Parker1
02-04-2008, 09:41 AM
I think it says a lot that Pop flew out after the Sonics game to recruit him. :tu

:lol My reasoning was the opposite: the Spurs had just lost to a team on a 14 game losing streak and Parker was going to be sidelined for a while. I don't think Pop had much of a choice.

urunobili
02-04-2008, 09:53 AM
i think that's what blessed what he is going to mean for us :)

Budkin
02-04-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm excited to see how the offense flows with him in there tomorrow... gotta be better than what we've been seeing...

lefty
02-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Damn, he looks stoned

Solid D
02-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Bill Schoenning: "And that's a Damon dagger!"

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-04-2008, 06:07 PM
:lol My reasoning was the opposite: the Spurs had just lost to a team on a 14 game losing streak and Parker was going to be sidelined for a while. I don't think Pop had much of a choice.
:lol I'm gonna have to agree with that. That was a horrible loss.

Anyway, it's Spurs tradition to get the humbled veteran. I don't expect him to go past this year or anything even if he makes a niche for himself, he just fits our immediate needs. I forgot he was 5'10, so I hope he's adequate on D.

Budkin
02-04-2008, 06:08 PM
As long as he's more Michael Finley than Nick Van Excel we'll be ok.

Budkin
02-04-2008, 06:15 PM

:lmao Holy shit that had me rolling... David Chancellor as a used car salesman!

lefty
02-04-2008, 06:36 PM
:lol

T Park
02-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Damons aged well.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-04-2008, 07:31 PM
No way. The most the Spurs can expect out of Damon Stoudamire is a halfway decent end to this season.

Players who are short for their position have extremely short lifespans in the NBA. Stoudamire, who is listed at a generous 5-foot-10, might have enough gas in the tank to make one final run over the second half of this year and into the playoffs.

Only one 5-foot-10 or shorter player in the history of the NBA has done anything of note past the age of 35 ... and that was Avery Johnson. Stoudamire is 34.

I'm not sure he's going to pan out this year ... much less be able to play for a couple more seasons. Basically, this is Stoudamire's one last chance at glory. His career is likely over after this season, either way.

I think he's going to play well...just a feeling...I'm not anticipating another NVE disaster. He might carve a niche for himself here...at least I hope so, because the Spurs wanting him back next season would equate to the team winning the title and him being a contributor to it.

Mr. Body
02-04-2008, 07:43 PM

It's good to get the tough questions out of the way first.

Avitus1
02-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Perfect Fit...

Still love the Memorial Day Miracle footage.

Quasar
02-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Nice interview... he doesn't come off as pretentious/crazy as I thought he would.

m33p0
02-04-2008, 08:24 PM
aw, why did he had to ask damon about that second free throw?

"a perfect fit". :lol :tu

m33p0
02-04-2008, 08:25 PM
How old is Damon?

You think if he fits in well off the bench, we have a backup PG for the next few years? Or just a short term fix.

Short term, he's 34.

which means he fits right in already. :lmao

baseline bum
02-04-2008, 08:52 PM
The crowd during Stodamire's two free throws was the loudest I've ever heard, counting the Hemisfair days.

timmy21_4rings
02-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Too bad Stuodamire did not know abt Memphis Fire Sale in time or did not let Pop know about it.

timvp
02-05-2008, 02:53 AM
I think he's going to play well...just a feeling...I'm not anticipating another NVE disaster. He might carve a niche for himself here...at least I hope so, because the Spurs wanting him back next season would equate to the team winning the title and him being a contributor to it.I really want to believe in Stoudemire but I can't shake the feeling that this scenario is going to play out:

Stoudamire will provide a steady hand while Parker is out. He'll move ahead of Vaughn in the rotation because the offense will need him to spread the floor with his shooting ability. Once Parker comes back, Stoudamire will become the team's new backup point guard. He'll be decent in that role and will a few big performances here and there. But then as the games start to mean more and the playoffs approach, Pop will start to become more frustrated with Stoudamire's defensive shortcomings. He'll start using Vaughn again -- initially just in the second half of games for "energy". Eventually, Pop will go back to his security blanket that is Vaughn. If Stoudamire complains, he'll be waived. If he doesn't complain, Pop will use him sparingly in the playoffs if the offense becomes stagnant with Vaughn in the game.

That's my read on the situation and how it'll play out. I hope I'm wrong and that Stoudamire plays better than expected. I'd be really nice if last year's "Win one for Fin" would be replaced by "Win one for Damon".

As far as stats, I'll predict 5.2 points and 2.9 assists on .395 FG% and .371 3P%. He might average even few points than that because in his career he has always deferred if he had more talented players around him. The only times he ballhogs is when he's on bad teams.

Borosai
02-05-2008, 03:01 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Buddy Holly
02-05-2008, 03:43 AM
Why is KABB in there when all that was needed was the WOAI interview? KABB sucks ass.

Streakyshooter08
02-05-2008, 04:24 AM
I really like what I heard from him. He knows his role and wants to win. I think he will help on offense. He is able to shoot the 3 and that will spread the floor. I am not sure about the defensive end. I haven't seen him play a lot this year. It will be interesting to see how it all works out.