PDA

View Full Version : Oberto

Fattmac78
02-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Im kinda new at this online thing so please bare with me. I dont want to sound to stupid or anything but why do some of you talk about Fab like he dont produce when he is on the court? Yes I want us to get younger to but getting rid of Fab is not the answer. I would rather put together a deal with Elson, Bon-ner, and a draft pick for Bogut from the Bucks! But like I said, Im new here so what do I know. I just ordered NBAtv to watch all of our games an Oberto is one of the best big/midsizemen that moves without the ball for a quick layup :fro

ancestron
02-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Oberto's cool. It's the hair.

vanvannen
02-04-2008, 11:50 AM
If you read on, you'll see Oberto is quite apreciated on this board. He's not overrated, which is a whole different thing.

Budkin
02-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Fab is solid and come playoff time will be helping us mightily.

Taco
02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Fab is solid and come playoff time will be helping us mightily.

Smart player, just wait for the playoffs!!!!

Hemotivo
02-04-2008, 01:35 PM
If you read on, you'll see Oberto is quite apreciated on this board. He's not overrated, which is a whole different thing.
:tu

SouthernFried
02-04-2008, 01:42 PM
I've loved Oberto. But, during this miserable last couple of month's, he's weakness's have been highlighted. He'd be great coming off the bench with Manu, they work absolutely great with each other...but, we need more.

Yes, he plays smart, is very rarely out of position, always running out to set great screens, has a great attitude.

Just not the big rebounding, strong inside presence this team needs starting.

imho...

VaSpursFan
02-04-2008, 01:44 PM
fabs is solid and has a high bball IQ. he's just coasting right now. when it's time to turn it on, watch out.

hater
02-04-2008, 01:47 PM
comeon. Oberto sucks wake up. he does not suck nearly as bad as Elson but he sucks.

That being said, he looks much better next to Duncan and his homeboy Manu always makes him look good too.

But let's not get crazy and pretend he could be a starter in any other NBA team.

remingtonbo2001
02-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Oberto may not be the most gifted player we have at the post position, but his b-ball IQ is comparable to Duncan's. You will rarely see him out of position.

caŽlo
02-04-2008, 02:02 PM
i like oberto and all but thats pushin it dude.

Oberto may not be the most gifted player we have at the post position, but his b-ball IQ is comparable to Duncan's. You will rarely see him out of position.

remingtonbo2001
02-04-2008, 02:19 PM
i like oberto and all but thats pushin it dude.

How? I said comparable. Not equal.

I think that's a justifiable statment. Oberto knows how to position himself and is incredibily efficent. He knows how to achieve maximum results with limited abilities.

vanvannen
02-04-2008, 02:48 PM
One good thing about him is that he rarely pushes the issue. You won't see 2/11 5TO games from him.
Of course, you won't see 10/14 12rb games either.

hsxvvd
02-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Speak to Pop, it seems he's the only one around here who doesn't appreciate Oberto as he is constantly going with small ball line-ups.

ancestron
02-04-2008, 03:38 PM
I will always love Fabricio for the and one putback in game 4 of the finals last year.

ploto
02-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Fabricio is really a quality back up big man who is best when he is used in that capacity. He is not really a starting center.

timvp
02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Oberto has been solid this season. His regular season has been relatively impressive. He's gone into Robert Horry-esque zombie mode for stretches of games but overall I can't really complain.

As long as he can turn it up for the playoffs again, he'll be good enough.

m33p0
02-04-2008, 09:06 PM
is there any way to graft elson's atheticism into oberto? that would solve all our big-man problems.

Whisky Dog
02-04-2008, 10:31 PM
is there any way to graft elson's atheticism into oberto? that would solve all our big-man problems.

Yes there is.

djohn14
02-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Oberto is a Spur and Im happy about that. We need a center though. Oberto gets too many minutes. He'd be a very productive bench player.

kuato
02-04-2008, 11:58 PM
comeon. Oberto sucks wake up. he does not suck nearly as bad as Elson but he sucks.

That being said, he looks much better next to Duncan and his homeboy Manu always makes him look good too.

But let's not get crazy and pretend he could be a starter in any other NBA team.

Hahaha Hater ... :p:

m33p0
02-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Yes there is.
what? saw off their heads and switch 'em up?

O.J. Mayonnaise
02-05-2008, 12:23 AM
If they could get Bogut from the Bucks for Elson, Bonner, and a draft pick, that would be a Gasol-esqe steal. Unfortunately, Bogut is starting to play REALLY well and I don't think the Bucks are that stupid or desperate. On the other hand, the Bucks really should suck as much as they do playing in the east with the talent they have. Maybe a player like Simmons would be available.

genomefreak13
02-05-2008, 04:28 AM
I like oberto too. The persons who say that his not worth it, are those who doesn't really know the true value of the man. I remembered Pop calling him the "ugliest prettiest player". The reason being that, he can't shoot very well but he can pretty much do everything else (he set picks, he rebounds, tries to defend, and has a high BB IQ compared to others). So for me, we need him in the team.

The differences in views regarding Fab's importance to the team is really the natural effect of putting different person in one forum. All people has opinions and each opinions must be respected regardless of what others think of its merit.

wildchild
02-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Most of the time he's a smart and solid guy. I like him. high IQ's bsk, big hands nice passer, effective high FG.
Oberto is a rol player, he isn't the reason to wallow in one's grief.
Even though many people show him that how unimportant he is in the team. (Including Pop?). Oberto had two quiet games and Horry endend up in the starting line for nothing. Since january the guy wasn't playing with consistency and small balls and changes in the line up wreck his confidence.
This up/down confidence is a worst about him, I don't like sensitive guys in my team.
However, I expect a Oberto's solid games in the playoffs.

Oberto has been solid this season. His regular season has been relatively impressive...

I agree. Some games in Nov/Dic against Atlanta 10p 10r Sac 13p 6 r/ 8p 10r Orlando 6p 8r and a decent D over Howard Sea 6p 9r Port 6p 9r Utah 11r 4p Dal 8p 6r Lakers 9p 16r Den 21p 13r Clippers 9rb. We need that guy.

JBIIRockets
02-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Oberto is a great flopper.

bdictjames
02-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Oberto is a great flopper.
:lol He learned from the best.

JBIIRockets
02-05-2008, 10:29 AM
:lol He learned from the best.

yep, from the guy who made that alley-oop pass in your avatar. :D

At least Manu can play.

ancestron
02-05-2008, 11:00 AM
What Oberto lacks in talent, he makes up for in intelligence, and thats why he's on the team.