PDA

View Full Version : Jeff McDonald: Michael Finley told you so

Spurs Brazil
02-04-2008, 03:01 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/02/jeff_mcdonald_m_6.html

Jeff McDonald: Michael Finley told you so
This is a completely true story that probably would have done us all a bit more good yesterday. But we will relay it anyway ...

So, Spurs practice is winding down on Sunday morning. Michael Finley takes a break from firing up a few foul shots and wanders over toward the gathered media.

"Hey Mike!," he says, motioning to Mike Monroe, the Express-News' NBA writer. "Who's wearing white in the game tonight?" He means the Super Bowl. Needless to say, it's a strange sort of trivia question.

This not being the sort of knowledge that typically sticks in an NBA writer's brain, Monroe tells Finley he doesn't know, but promises to get back to him. After asking around, Monroe discovers the New York Giants, as the designated home team, will be decked out in their lilly whites. He relays this information to Finley, who responds with a bold prediction.

The Giants are going to win, he says. It came to him in a dream.

"I had a vision," Finley said, "of a team in white celebrating."

We all kind of laugh. The Giants are going to ruin the Patriots' perfect season? Yeah, right.

I thought of Finley later Sunday night, as the final score flashed across my TV screen: Giants 17, Pats 14. Call it a high-definition testament to one man's psychic powers.

This much is certain: Next time Finley hits us up with a prediction, we're going directly to Vegas to get rich.

Spurs Brazil
02-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Mike Monroe@ Nostrafinus
Spurs guard Michael Finley has a future as a mystic, or a seer.

Finley had a vision of the New York Giants winning the Super Bowl, and nobody has to take his word for it.

He shared the vision with me on Sunday, hours before the game kicked off.

Actually, he asked me which team was the home team in the game, wanting to know which team would be wearing white. I didn't have the answer, but some of my media colleagues at the Spurs' practice facility did. The Giants, they told Finley, would wear white.

"Then they're going to win the game," he said then. "I had a dream that the team in white was celebrating after the game."

On Monday, Finley went deeper into his "vision."

"I'd had a vision," he said. "It was Plaxico (Burress), and he was crying. "And after the game I was looking for something that was familiar, and it was Plaxico's interview wit Pam Oliver, and he was crying. That was it."

No word yet on whether or not Finley has a vision of a team wearing silver and black celelbrating after the NBA Finals in June.
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/02/mike_monroe_nos.html

sprrs
02-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Fin better damn well have a vision where he's raising another trophy this year.

WalterBenitez
02-04-2008, 03:28 PM
wow, Michael is seein the light!

thispego
02-04-2008, 03:31 PM
fin's the shit

ancestron
02-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Finley's been playing really well this season.

I hope he has a vision of the Spurs celebrating a championship in home white.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-04-2008, 08:09 PM
The Giants are going to win, he says. It came to him in a dream.

"I had a vision," Finley said, "of a team in white celebrating."

We all kind of laugh. The Giants are going to ruin the Patriots' perfect season? Yeah, right.

I thought of Finley later Sunday night, as the final score flashed across my TV screen: Giants 17, Pats 14. Call it a high-definition testament to one man's psychic powers.

:lol What a stupid article.

m33p0
02-04-2008, 08:18 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Budkin
02-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Fin for teh w1n!

slayermin
02-04-2008, 10:06 PM
In the NFL, I thought home teams wear the dark jerseys unless you're the Cowboys.