PDA

View Full Version : Scammers SUCK!!!

Ginofan
02-04-2008, 08:42 PM
So I think I got scammed on ebay....AGAIN! You think I would've learned the first time.

Here's the story:

So I got my tax refund burning a hole in my pocket, so of course I think to myself that I need a new phone. Not just any phone though, a new Palm Centro. Well since my contract with Sprint did not offer any discounts on a new phone at the time I decided to just get it on Ebay, see if i could get it cheaper than the $399 they were listing it for without a new contract.

Well I found it! I checked out the seller's feedback and everything looked to be great (100% positive feed back on over 100 phones sold). So I went ahead and purchased the phone. It arrived this afternoon so I'm super psyched because I get to play with a new gadget WOO!

I call Sprint to activate the phone and the foreign guy (why don't they ever have any body answer that you can actually understand?!) says that he's sorry he can't activate that phone because the ESN is registered to a different Sprint customer. I say "what does that mean???" And in all his explanation I gather that basically I'm fucked. I have $300 plastic paper weight.

I've already tried contacting the seller and he hasn't responded yet. I've also contacted some of his other buyers that bought the same thing and they haven't responded either. I gave the seller a 24 hour time allotment for him to contact me before I go through Ebay and Paypal for a refund but I'd hate to do that...I want this phone damn it! I'm at a lost as to what to do.

Reading online, it seems Sprint won't activate any ESN that has been reported lost or stolen no matter what. So if indeed this phone is stolen (though I pulled out of the box and wrapping myself) I'm screwed right????

thispego
02-04-2008, 09:05 PM
lol, tooo bad. noone should be spedning 300+ on a fuckin phone anyways.

Sense
02-04-2008, 09:10 PM
sprint sucks :P this is why you stick to phones with sim cards

ShoogarBear
02-04-2008, 09:22 PM
If the guy has really sold 100 phones to other people, I would guess there's something more to this that you're missing.

And what about all these organizations that collect old cell phones? They must have some way of getting them activated.

samikeyp
02-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Mandy,

Take this and go get some justice.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q67/mpaceleo/KittyRifle.jpg

:)

Ginofan
02-04-2008, 09:37 PM
If the guy has really sold 100 phones to other people, I would guess there's something more to this that you're missing.

And what about all these organizations that collect old cell phones? They must have some way of getting them activated.

I've read the auction over and over I can't figure out. I've emailed the guy twice and no response still.

I'm not sure about the organizations that collect old phones...they probably have some type of arrangement with the companies.

It's possible to activate the ESN but it's against Sprint policy to do so for a lost or stolen phone...or so I've been told.

marini martini
02-04-2008, 09:37 PM
File a complaint with the E-bay gods.

unregistered user
02-04-2008, 10:11 PM
If it says in the auction specifically that the ESN is clean, initiate a chargeback on your credit/debit card. That might get him to respond.

SequSpur
02-04-2008, 10:20 PM
ginofan, pm me the ESN and I will check it out with my corp. rep. tomorrow and I'll see if I can find out anything....

-K

exstatic
02-05-2008, 01:27 AM
Was the phone delivered via US Mail? If it was you could threaten him with reporting him for mail fraud. That's Federal, and nothing to sneeze at. I had an eBayer who didn't deliver merchandise and wouldn't answer mails. I had just seen The Firm, and knew that the law has TEETH. I emailed him one last time with the threat, and finally like 8-9 weeks after the auction, I got my stuff.

spursfan09
02-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Screw buying things over the net. One time when I was like 15 or 16 I orderded this Light switch cover thing that had Tony Parker on it, and I never got it! I'm 22 now. I'm still waiting.

DOMINATOR
02-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Screw buying things over the net. One time when I was like 15 or 16 I orderded this Light switch cover thing that had Tony Parker on it, and I never got it! I'm 22 now. I'm still waiting.
oops, sorry.... i'll send that ASAP

Please_dont_ban_me
02-05-2008, 04:04 PM
This is why you stick with T-mobile / Cingular.

Sim out one. Sim in other. Turn phone on. Simple. =)