PDA

View Full Version : Pro basketball: Spurs rejuvenated after four-day break

THE SIXTH MAN
02-05-2008, 02:39 AM
Pro basketball: Spurs rejuvenated after four-day break

Web Posted: 02/05/2008 12:08 AM CST

Mike Monroe
Express-News Staff Writer

The four-day break between games 3 and 4 of the Spurs' nine-game rodeo road trip proved a perfect balm for bruised bodies.

The victory over the Phoenix Suns in Game 3 of the journey soothed the team's spirit.

"It was huge for me," Tim Duncan said after a brisk Monday practice session that preceded the team's flight to Indianapolis for tonight's game against the Pacers. "First we lose a tough one in Seattle, then go to Phoenix and a lot of guys play a lot of big minutes and win a really tough game.

"We were all kind of drained from the ups and downs, physically and emotionally. It was great to get away from the game for a while. I feel a lot better than I did a couple of days ago. We're ready to go to finish it up the right way."

Duncan said the Spurs understand the importance of the six remaining games on the trip that precede the annual four-day All-Star Weekend.

"We didn't start the road trip the way we wanted to," he said, "but it's about finishing it the right way going into the break.

"Otherwise, we're going to put ourselves into a bit of a precarious position with the losses we have."

Super Bowling: The Spurs spent Sunday like the rest of North America: Watching the New York Giants shock the New England Patriots by winning the Super Bowl. Spurs guard Michael Finley, though, was not shocked at all.

He'd had a vision that the Giants would win and had shared it with media members at Sunday's practice.

"It was (Giants wide receiver) Plaxico (Burress), and he was crying," Finley said Monday. "And after the game, I was looking for something that was familiar, and it was Plaxico's interview with Pam Oliver, and he was crying. That was it."

Finley also admitted to having a vision he didn't like while looking in the mirror.

There were flecks of gray in the beard he is growing, part of the team's annual "don't-shave-until-the-trip-ends" challenge.

"It's a lot itchy, actually," he said. "I had to trim it, and that's unfair. That's cheating, but if you're not cheating, you're not trying. But I have to keep trimming it, because I'm trimming out the gray parts."

[email protected]

link (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA.02052008.spurs_notebook.EN.37652ae.html)

Manu-of-steel
02-05-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm excited to see how d spurs will play after winning a huge game against the suns. Also, we might get a glimpse on how damon will be able fit in our system. I honestly think he still has some gas left in his tank. i'm just hoping that this rodeo trip will help us build our momentum as we prepare for the play offs. Go spurs! Mabuhay

MoSpur
02-05-2008, 09:19 AM
I think this rest was much needed.

genomefreak13
02-05-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm excited to see how d spurs will play after winning a huge game against the suns. Also, we might get a glimpse on how damon will be able fit in our system. I honestly think he still has some gas left in his tank. i'm just hoping that this rodeo trip will help us build our momentum as we prepare for the play offs. Go spurs! Mabuhay

Welcome to spurs talk kababayan!

Supreme_Being
02-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Yeah! Go Filipino Spurs fans!

TDMVPDPOY
02-05-2008, 09:53 AM
SO If they dont win tonite...

duncan228
02-05-2008, 10:17 AM
We were all kind of drained from the ups and downs, physically and emotionally. It was great to get away from the game for a while. I feel a lot better than I did a couple of days ago. We're ready to go to finish it up the right way.

We didn't start the road trip the way we wanted to, but it's about finishing it the right way going into the break.
Otherwise, we're going to put ourselves into a bit of a precarious position with the losses we have.

This is all I need to measure where the team is.
They have been through this before, they know where they are and how hard they need to work to get to where they want to be.

If Duncan feels good and is healthy I have no doubt about the Spurs chances.

timmy21_4rings
02-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Spurs better be..

spursrocksocks
02-05-2008, 12:25 PM
I cant believe Finley is cheating everyone with his mockery of the beard challenge

DazedAndConfused
02-05-2008, 12:32 PM
"If you're not cheating you're not trying"

Spoken like a true Spur.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-05-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm impressed that they've maintained the beard growing contest over the four day break. I would imagine that there were some protests from family members!!!

nfg3
02-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Spurs - Been there and done that. Each year this is the part of the schedule they use to start gearing up for the playoffs. Though last year they went 4-4 on the RR trip they finished the year with a 20 -2 clip if I remember correctly, rolling into the playoffs. I'm optumistic that they will come together for the playoffs. They will until proven otherwise.