PDA

View Full Version : Sign of the Apocalypse?

Useruser666
01-05-2005, 09:33 AM
SW was very kind to treat me to another Spurs game last night. But when we first got to our seats I noticed something very disturbing a few seats over and to my left. Two guys who had appearently come to the game together were whooping and hollering a whole bunch. Now, there is of course, nothing out of the ordinary about that. But what really had me looking for the guy with the, "The End is Here!!!" sign, was that one of them was wearing a Kobe Lakers' jersey and the other was wearing a Kings jersey!

What sad state has the Lakers/Kings or even the league fallen to that would unite such sworn enemies against the Spurs? Or maybe it's just the Spurs have become that good? The sky is falling in California.

Medvedenko
01-05-2005, 09:43 AM
The sky isn't falling, the spurs have been good for years....the Lakers are in a transition year...big deal...they got spanked, so....Given their line-up being 16-13 isn't that bad at all....I'm not too worried.

samikeyp
01-05-2005, 11:41 AM
yes but Laker fan and King fan together? <shudder> :)

Hey Med, Sean Elliott was propping your boy last night. He said that Slava was a good offensive player and could really help the Lakers if he played more. At the end when Slava hit two or three in a row, Sean said "where was this guy when the Lakers were struggling early, they could have used him" He seems very high on him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2005, 12:24 PM
Transition year? Unless Shaq comes back to LA, you'll be transitioning for the rest of Kobe's prime.

Solid D
01-05-2005, 12:28 PM
The sky isn't falling, the spurs have been good for years....the Lakers are in a transition year...big deal...they got spanked, so....Given their line-up being 16-13 isn't that bad at all....I'm not too worried.
Hey Medvedenko - Slava Hot Like Lava (the poster)
Medvedenko was in all his glory last night. He was unstoppable. 8 for 10 and 16 relentless points. :wow :wow :wow

T Park
01-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Hey Med, Sean Elliott was propping your boy last night. He said that Slava was a good offensive player and could really help the Lakers if he played more. At the end when Slava hit two or three in a row, Sean said "where was this guy when the Lakers were struggling early, they could have used him" He seems very high on him.

Thats funny, I said the same thing to my best friend at the game last night.

If there is one thing Medvedenko can do, its shoot the ball, and space out the floor.

Last night he did that, granted, no one was near him, but still.

IMO, you move him up in the rotation, give him some PT, and that team improves.

BTW, wtf happened to Rudy T.

His team looks horrible on defense, and defensive positioning imo is partly coaching.

Rudy T's teams always looked well prepared and tough on D when he was in Houston.

I guess, Kobe Bryant really IS running the show there.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Let's put Slava's performance in its proper context: garbage time.

exstatic
01-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Rudy T's teams always looked well prepared and tough on D when he was in Houston.
Most of that time, he had Dream. IIRC, his Francis/Mobley teams sucked ass on defense.

T Park
01-05-2005, 01:50 PM
But they were well prepared.

I noted that aggie, but still, 16 points in 12 minutes is nothing to sneeze at.

tsb2000
01-05-2005, 01:51 PM
During the game, the camera caught a woman wearing a Spurs jersey and a man wearing a Lakers jersey holding hands in the crowd. Sean Elliott went off on the woman. He said, "How can this happen? This is sacrilege!" :) Funny stuff!

boutons
01-05-2005, 01:53 PM
I've always liked Slava. Good size, good shot, fairly cool head, could be a better rebounder and insider. I think in the right system he should be a starter or 6th man. Rudy obviously thinks he sucks.

one other point: I'll never forget Pop's post-game interview sarcasm after one of the 03 playoff games vs Lakers when Slava scored quite a few points, something like:

"I was trying to convince our guys that there's a guy named Slave Medvenko, he's plays in the NBA, he was on the court today, and somebody better guard him"

:)

Useruser666
01-05-2005, 01:53 PM
During the game, the camera caught a woman wearing a Spurs jersey and a man wearing a Lakers jersey holding hands in the crowd. Sean Elliott went off on the woman. He said, "How can this happen? This is sacrilege!" :) Funny stuff!

She was a baby sitter.

boutons
01-05-2005, 08:27 PM
apropos Slava:

Tomjanovich said not having Divac could mean more minutes for Slava Medvedenko, who hasn't played much lately.

"I think the guy deserves to start playing,'' Tomjanovich said.

RobinsontoDuncan
01-05-2005, 08:32 PM

your candaian so it doesnt matter

ShoogarBear
01-05-2005, 08:54 PM
When somebody with 666 in his name talks about the apocalypse, I tend to get worried.

GoSpurs21
01-06-2005, 12:14 AM
The sky isn't falling, the spurs have been good for years....the Lakers are in a transition year...big deal...they got spanked, so....Given their line-up being 16-13 isn't that bad at all....I'm not too worried.Only the Spurs won the championship in a transition year 2002-03