PDA

View Full Version : Credit/Debit Card gripe

Ocotillo
02-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Can't I activate my card via phone without having to go through the hassle of getting a sales pitch for a payment protection plan or some other junk? Just activate the damn card!!

I guess that would be the benefit of using a small bank card as they are not sophisticated enough to have marketing tied into their VRU.

JoeChalupa
02-05-2008, 12:11 PM
I just say no.

Ocotillo
02-05-2008, 12:18 PM
I just say no.

I do too but I find it just as intrusive as telemarketing. I am calling them but I have too if I want to activate the card for use. Guess I am having a tough day with marketers today. I am working at home today and some kids came by trying to sell some sort of magazine subscriptions and then made a crack when I declined.

I'm the one that ought be pissed because they interupted me. :pctoss

to21
02-05-2008, 02:06 PM
I do too but I find it just as intrusive as telemarketing. I am calling them but I have too if I want to activate the card for use. Guess I am having a tough day with marketers today. I am working at home today and some kids came by trying to sell some sort of magazine subscriptions and then made a crack when I declined.

I'm the one that ought be pissed because they interupted me. :pctoss
Those kids rang my bell too. One of the kids made a smart remark and I told him, "Fuck you kid."

They couldn't read the NO SOLICITING sign by the door so I doubt they'll remember where my house is to come back to egg it.

Thunder Dan
02-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Can't I activate my card via phone without having to go through the hassle of getting a sales pitch for a payment protection plan or some other junk? Just activate the damn card!!

I guess that would be the benefit of using a small bank card as they are not sophisticated enough to have marketing tied into their VRU.

yeah I just had to do that the other day. I needed a new card because I lost mine, and she was like "your current balance is $26, right now we are running a special for our valued customers to transfer your balance to a special low interest rate" ....I'm like, do you even hear yourself anymore? My balance is $26 and this is my only credit card.

They also try to sell you credit monitoring programs like crazy and won't take no for an answer most of the time. I want to just hang up, but I always think they will F with my account if I do it. I'm getting an American Express Blue card next month, my dad says AMEX doesn't do most of this crap to it's customers.