PDA

View Full Version : Ron Ron going to DEN?

DazedAndConfused
02-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Artest seems pretty sure of himself that he will be a goner by the trade deadline. If you read the latest article up on RealGM it leaves little for interpretation, Kings don't want Ron and Ron don't want the Kings. Other than DEN I haven't really heard of any other teams expressing interest in him.

Kings want expiring K's and young talent, but I think they may end up taking a crap deal in the end. Nobody is going to overpay for this nutcase.

hater
02-05-2008, 01:47 PM
he will go to the Lakers

JamStone
02-05-2008, 01:51 PM
If Miami didn't have such a horrible record, they could make a play for him. They have expiring contracts and a couple decent young guys in Dorell Wright and Daequan Cook. It doesn't make sense now though because Ron can opt out after this season.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Artest in Denver? Sounds like a bad idea on multiple levels. He'd be dropped into a situation of taking a back seat to two superstars who combine to take 60%+ of the team's shots. They are a team that in recent years has shown great immaturity and Furious George is coming up on the point in his usual timeline where he pisses off the wrong people and loses the team. And finally, it's just a matter of time before Ron drives by the Coors Factory, has flashbacks, and goes off Palace style.

ancestron
02-05-2008, 02:19 PM
I hope no one wants him. I hope his mentally unbalanced, immature ass just gets canned. or maybe he can go play overseas, incite a brawl at some arena in europe and be sentenced to a public flogging/execution.

Indazone
02-05-2008, 02:27 PM
I'd take him. Ron-Ron with Yao and T-Mac. Yeah I would do that. Remember this is the team that took Mad Max Vernon Maxwell and still won with a lunatic. Maxwell was 10 times a worse headcase than Ron-Ron.

Medvedenko
02-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I would like Ron the ball player, but Ron the human....not so much. Even though as a player he'd be a better fit than Odom @ the 3.

ThomasGranger
02-05-2008, 02:50 PM
I'd take him. Ron-Ron with Yao and T-Mac. Yeah I would do that. Remember this is the team that took Mad Max Vernon Maxwell and still won with a lunatic.

So did the Spurs, but it didn't work out so hot.

FromWayDowntown
02-05-2008, 03:02 PM
I don't see what Denver would have that Sacramento might want. Denver's expiring deals are Diawara, Najera, J.R. Smith and Von Wafer. If you put them all together, you might get to Artest's salary, but the expiring contracts issue doesn't make much sense for Sacramento because they'll get exactly the same cap relief when Artest opts out this summer. If Sacramento is going to deal Artest, it makes much more sense to acquire guys who might contribute in the future in that deal, but Denver doesn't exactly have those sorts of guys just sitting around. Am I missing something?

ancestron
02-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I would like Ron the ball player, but Ron the human....not so much. Even though as a player he'd be a better fit than Odom @ the 3.

If the Lakers had Ron Artest at the 3 instead of Odom, they would be a downright scary team.

Fisher
Bryant
Artest
Gasol
Bynum
:wow

I might have to try that on NBA live

SenorSpur
02-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Hmmmm. It didn't work for him in Chicago. It didn't work for him in Indiana and how it's now working for him in Sac-town. Do I sense a theme building here? This guy is certified "nuts" and not worth the trouble he brings. On second thought, he'd fit right in with the Knicks and Heat.

Medvedenko
02-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Exactly...the only way it would work would be on Live or 2k....but the funny thing is that I had pau on my 2k team a while back on the Lakers....I had to give up both Kwame and odom though :)

baseline bum
02-05-2008, 03:15 PM
I'd take him. Ron-Ron with Yao and T-Mac. Yeah I would do that. Remember this is the team that took Mad Max Vernon Maxwell and still won with a lunatic. Maxwell was 10 times a worse headcase than Ron-Ron.

.. and then kicked him off the team in the playoffs the next season. Artest isn't that much better a defender than Battier is (if at all). You guys need a point like Jared needed a pre-nup.

Indazone
02-05-2008, 03:47 PM
I don't see what Denver would have that Sacramento might want. Denver's expiring deals are Diawara, Najera, J.R. Smith and Von Wafer. If you put them all together, you might get to Artest's salary, but the expiring contracts issue doesn't make much sense for Sacramento because they'll get exactly the same cap relief when Artest opts out this summer. If Sacramento is going to deal Artest, it makes much more sense to acquire guys who might contribute in the future in that deal, but Denver doesn't exactly have those sorts of guys just sitting around. Am I missing something?

The rumor for the trade is Nene for Artest straight up!

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-05-2008, 04:01 PM
The rumor for the trade is Nene for Artest straight up!
So they'd be upgrading from benign to malignant?

hater
02-05-2008, 04:52 PM
So they'd be upgrading from benign to malignant?

that's one ballsy statement