PDA

View Full Version : Why the "One and Done Spurs" are not a "Dynasty"

MajicMan
02-05-2008, 04:38 PM
dy·nas·ty /ˈdaɪnəsti; Brit. also ˈdɪnəsti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dahy-nuh-stee; Brit. also din-uh-stee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -ties.

1. a sequence of rulers from the same family, stock, or group: the Ming dynasty.
2. the rule of such a sequence.
3. a series of members of a family who are distinguished for their success, wealth, etc.

I bolded the parts you needed to comprehend the most. Do I need to go on further? Sterne is a moron for calling you guys a "dynasty" and you guys are morons if you believe that yourselves.

Thank you for your time Spurs fans! Just wanted to clarify.

:drunk

Man In Black
02-05-2008, 04:40 PM
For the loser that backs a never-was team and needed a dictionary...explain why Bird's Celtics are called a dynasty having never-ever-won-a-back-to-back?
:fro

If you know the answer to that, it's the same reason it applies to the Spurs.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Well, whatever it is, it's more than the Suns have ever done.

Thanks for whining about your teams on the spursboard though. We appreciate the support.

timvp
02-05-2008, 04:46 PM
A Sun Fan talking championship smack.

I've now seen it all.

FromWayDowntown
02-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Oh damn. I've seen a non-dynasty win 4 titles in 9 years?

Man, what a waste of my time!!

Barbarian
02-05-2008, 04:47 PM
mo·ron mawr-on
–noun
1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.
2. Psychology. a person of borderline intelligence in a former classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.

This applies to stupid sons fan that starts a stupid thread at spurs fan site.

Thanks for your time jack ass.

hater
02-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Bitter Sun Fan Forum

George Gervin's Afro
02-05-2008, 04:48 PM
dy·nas·ty /ˈdaɪnəsti; Brit. also ˈdɪnəsti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dahy-nuh-stee; Brit. also din-uh-stee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -ties.

1. a sequence of rulers from the same family, stock, or group: the Ming dynasty.
3. a series of members of a family who are distinguished for their success, wealth, etc.

I bolded the parts you needed to comprehend the most. Do I need to go on further? Sterne is a moron for calling you guys a "dynasty" and you guys are morons if you believe that yourselves.

:sleep

mikeanthony21
02-05-2008, 04:49 PM
–noun, plural -ties.

Dear TrajicMan...

Try to comprehend this...

SPURS: FOUR CHAMPIONSHIPS IN NINE SEASONS.
SUNS: ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 40+ YEARS.

Thank you for your time, TrajicMan. Just wanted to re-introduce you to reality. :lol

hater
02-05-2008, 04:50 PM
http://www.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0514/nba_dime_395.jpg
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGR028~Robert-Horry-2005-NBA-Championship-Trophy-8-Posters.jpg

MajicMan
02-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Dear TrajicMan...

Try to comprehend this...

SPURS: FOUR CHAMPIONSHIPS IN NINE SEASONS.
SUNS: ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 40+ YEARS.

Thank you for your time, TrajicMan. Just wanted to re-introduce you to reality. :lol
That still doesn't make you a dynasty. Dynasties rule in sequence or successions. Spurs are still one and done and by sports standards probably three in a row would be called a dynasty.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2008, 04:53 PM
So?

samikeyp
02-05-2008, 04:54 PM
–noun, plural -ties.

The obsession continues.

samikeyp
02-05-2008, 04:55 PM
That still doesn't make you a dynasty. Dynasties rule in sequence or successions. Spurs are still one and done and by sports standards probably three in a row would be called a dynasty.

One and done?

That would be a team like Portland or Seattle or Washington.

4>1

J.T.
02-05-2008, 04:56 PM
The Spurs have won more games than anyone else in the NBA for the past decade. . . I guess that kind of sustained, perhaps even sequential success, mixed in with four isn't a dynasty. I'm going to lose so much sleep over that.

E20
02-05-2008, 04:57 PM
One and done?

That would be a team like Portland or Seattle or Washington.

4>1
Go easy on him. He can't count.

He is a Suns fan after all. Don't overload him with facts, it might confuse him.

DazedAndConfused
02-05-2008, 04:57 PM
I'll take 4 championships in 9 seasons any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Extra Stout
02-05-2008, 04:58 PM
No Suns fan has the authority to define what a dynasty is. Lakers, Celtics, and Bulls fans reserve the authority to comment on that. Now, if I want to consult an authority on what "soft" is, or what "lack of poise" is, or what "mental weakness" is, or what "a city of crybaby bitches" looks like, then it's time to look up Suns fan.

mikeanthony21
02-05-2008, 05:00 PM

By your myopic thinking, the PHOENIX MURCURY will be a dynasty before the Suns ever catch a glimpse of the Lawrence O'Brien trophy... unless the Maricopa County D.A. sues the Spurs for visitation rights. :spin

ancestron
02-05-2008, 05:06 PM
stupid

703 Spurz
02-05-2008, 05:16 PM
–noun, plural -ties.

Don't need the Spurs to be a dynasty. I'd rather be 4-time Champs without being called a Dynasty then anything else.

It seems like you're trying to insult Spurs fans here but that's gayer then hell b/c it's like talking shit to a guy who only has 100 million dollars to his name rather then 150

703 Spurz
02-05-2008, 05:19 PM

And you act like it's a bad thing :lol

Budkin
02-05-2008, 05:20 PM
I was going to try a witty, creative retort to your ironically petty "lesson" to all us Spurs fans on what a true dynasty was. But then I decided that simplicity would be more effective, so why don't you freeze a piece of your own shit and go fuck yourself with it?

sabar
02-05-2008, 05:21 PM
You're eight years late pal on being able to call the Spurs "One and Done".

LoserDynasty
02-05-2008, 05:27 PM
–noun, plural -ties.

I see another one of our morons, I mean supporters, has made it to your board. Do you know who this "Sterne" fellow is he talks about?

duncan228
02-05-2008, 05:34 PM
For the loser that backs a never-was team and needed a dictionary...explain why Bird's Celtics are called a dynasty having never-ever-won-a-back-to-back?
:fro
If you know the answer to that, it's the same reason it applies to the Spurs.

Rick Kamla talked about this same thing after we won our fourth.
(This is just the relevant piece of the blog.)

http://my.nba.com/forum.jspa?forumID=300004774

Here's where I am regarding the whole dynasty debate. Winning four championships in nine years definitely qualifies as a dynasty, but it just isn't one of the great dynasties--at least not yet. Taking nothing away from the Spurs, but their run just doesn't stack up with the Celtics of the 60s, Lakers of the 80s, Bulls of the 90s, and Lakers of the 00s.

You may be wondering where the Celtics of the 80s were in that sentence. Here's the deal.

While that Celtics' team was better than this Spurs' squad (I'd call Celtics in 5.5 games if they met in a virtual Finals), the best stretch for Bird's Celtics was three titles in six years. So the Spurs got 'em in that respect in winning three outta five. Furthermore, Spurs/Duncan doubters love to point out the fact that the Spurs' dynasty lacks a repeat, but Bird's Celtics are considered one of the game's great dynasties and they never repeated, so what's up with that?

Don't worry, Spurs fans, because your team will win at least two more championships, and when they do, your team will get its due and take its place among the game's great dynasties. And we won't have to apply asterisks or make qualifying statements or any of that mumbo-jumbo I get paid to mumble.

All we'll have to say is: Duncan's Dynasty.

diego
02-05-2008, 05:36 PM
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
se·quence (sē'kwəns, -kwěns') Pronunciation Key
n.

1. A following of one thing after another; succession.
2. An order of succession; an arrangement.
3. A related or continuous series. See Synonyms at series.
4. Games Three or more playing cards in consecutive order; a run.
5. A series of related shots that constitute a complete unit of action in a movie.
6. Music A melodic or harmonic pattern successively repeated at different pitches with or without a key change.
7. Roman Catholic Church A hymn sung between the gradual and the Gospel.
8. Mathematics An ordered set of quantities, as x, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4.
9. Biochemistry The order of constituents in a polymer, especially the order of nucleotides in a nucleic acid or of the amino acids in a protein.

03, 05, 07... thats a sequence buddy. look, what a coincidence, we kicked the suns ass each of those years as well. if we get them again this year, we're sure to make the finals being in the same bracket as our sons

duncan228
02-05-2008, 05:36 PM
The thread with the discussion when the Kamla blog was posted:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73620&highlight=rick+kamla

timmy21_4rings
02-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi MajicMan,

If you have proper education, you will learn that a sequence does not need to mean consecutive or successive years. 3, 5, 7 is a sequence.

If you learned Mathematics correctly, they would say the longest increasing sequence in (1, 7, 4, 6, 9) is (1, 4, 6, 9).

Do not confuse sequence with the word consecutive or successive. Also series is never meant to mean consecutive or successive terms.

The morale of the story is you are stupid and does not even care to study. Go and get proper education before you talk.

dougp
02-05-2008, 05:43 PM
–noun, plural -ties.

cham·pi·on http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/premium.gif http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pnghttp://cache.lexico.com/g/d/speaker.gif (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fbrowse%2 Fchampion) /ˈtʃæmhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngpihttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation ("]Pronunciation Key[/url] - cham[/b]-pee-uhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngn] Show IPA Pronunciation ("]Pronunciation Key - [url=")
–noun 1.a person who has defeated all opponents in a competition or series of competitions, so as to hold first place: the heavyweight boxing champion. 2.anything that takes first place in competition: the champion of a cattle show. 3.an animal that has won a certain number of points in officially recognized shows: This dog is a champion. 4.a person who fights for or defends any person or cause: a champion of the oppressed. 5.a fighter or warrior. –verb (used with object) 6.to act as champion of; defend; support: to champion a cause. 7.Obsolete. to defy. –adjective 8.first among all contestants or competitors. 9.Informal. first-rate. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=first-rate)
[Origin: 1175–1225; ME < OF < LL campiōn- (s. of campiō) < WGmc *kampiōn-, equiv. to kamp- battle (< L campus field, battlefield) + -iōn- n. suffix; cf. OE cempa warrior, etc.http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png]

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/champion

:lol :nope

gmanrulz
02-05-2008, 05:45 PM
–noun, plural -ties.

wait i thought suns fans didnt care about championships if its not entertaining.

LA24
02-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Majicman, I could've sworn you were a Lakers fan in your previous posts.

Anyhow, I disagree...these Spurs are a dynasty.

Medvedenko
02-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Yes, the spurs are a dynasty and if they win again it will just solidify it. Don't be a hater.

ambchang
02-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Majicman has a pattern in trolling, much like that Cavs troll and some Suns troll. You might call Majicman a dynasty because of the sequences of bad troll posts he starts.

temujin
02-05-2008, 06:17 PM
1) Dun-asteia is NOT an anglo-saxon word. Neither anglo nor saxon, actually.
TRhe original meaning is "royal home or family, or klan (if you wish)."
Please refrain from using unorthodox meanings, as well as writing words you have not the foggiest idea about.

2) Tim Duncan is the royal king of NBA players over the last decade. There is preciously little doubt about it. The SA Spurs are his home, family or Klan, if you wish.

3) The king is 32. By a lot of features, the past king most resembling is Kareem Abdul jabbar, in terms of technical, physical and even moral skills. He won his last championship when he was >40.

4) Postpone this discussion to 2015.

Le language est la maison de l'etre (M. Heidegger).

n1n10do
02-05-2008, 06:28 PM

Yeah, why don't you worry about what the Suns are doing, and focus less on the Spurs.

duncan228
02-05-2008, 06:44 PM
2) Tim Duncan is the royal king of NBA players over the last decade. There is preciously little doubt about it. The SA Spurs are his home, family or Klan, if you wish.

3) The king is 32.

Duncan is 31, he'll be 32 in April.

temujin
02-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Duncan is 31, he'll be 32 in April.

Silence surpassess speech.

vander
02-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Oh damn. I've seen a non-dynasty win 4 titles in 9 years?

Man, what a waste of my time!!

:lol :toast

duncan228
02-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Silence surpassess speech.

True.
(And no one has ever figured out why I have an old Japanese proverb for my title.)

But the fact that he's younger made your point stronger.

Stand
02-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Freaking classic. Emphasizing the word sequence within a definition to prove your point, all the while not knowing what that word means. I don't know if I have laughed this hard in a while. :lol

MajicMan
02-05-2008, 06:56 PM
1) Dun-asteia is NOT an anglo-saxon word. Neither anglo nor saxon, actually.
TRhe original meaning is "royal home or family, or klan (if you wish)."
Please refrain from using unorthodox meanings, as well as writing words you have not the foggiest idea about.

3) The king is 32. By a lot of features, the past king most resembling is Kareem Abdul jabbar, in terms of technical, physical and even moral skills. He won his last championship when he was >40.

4) Postpone this discussion to 2015.

Le language est la maison de l'etre (M. Heidegger).
Shaq owns Duncan head to head and he just as many titles and more finals appearances. Needless to say Tim will have more than Shaq but Shaq had a threepeat and Duncan has yet to repeat once not to mention again Shaq pwns Duncan head to head.

Vinny Del Negro
02-05-2008, 07:01 PM
You'll notice that nowhere in the definition of dynasty do they mention sporting championships. Hence, it's fucking retarded to refer to any sports franchise as a dynasty. That's right...

Fucking

Stupid

Accept it.

dknights411
02-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Shaq owns Duncan head to head and he just as many titles and more finals appearances. Needless to say Tim will have more than Shaq but Shaq had a threepeat and Duncan has yet to repeat once not to mention again Shaq pwns Duncan head to head.

http://p69.webcindario.com/modules/My_eGallery/gallery/NBA/duncan_oneall.jpg

I think this says it all...

:king

Mister Sinister
02-05-2008, 07:09 PM
http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/doing_it_wrong.jpg

z0sa
02-05-2008, 07:11 PM

shaq sure pwned tim in game 6 2003 huh

yes, shaq has more finals appearances, but the fact he has the same amount of championships proves who's really better.

besides the fact in three years theres no WAY in hell that tim plays even half as bad as shaq plays now. Tim will continue to be a 18/10 guy even during his last seasons - i think we can all agree on that.

remingtonbo2001
02-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Majicman just said Duncan will have more championships than Shaq.
Both have 4, so I guess that means we'll get at least 5, maybe 6.

Okay, that's fine, I'll take 6 championships in the Duncan era and you don't have to call us a dynasty.

Mark in Austin
02-05-2008, 07:27 PM
No Suns fan has the authority to define what a dynasty is. Lakers, Celtics, and Bulls fans reserve the authority to comment on that. Now, if I want to consult an authority on what "soft" is, or what "lack of poise" is, or what "mental weakness" is, or what "a city of crybaby bitches" looks like, then it's time to look up Suns fan.

Got DAMN that is some harsh truth right there. :lol

dg7md
02-05-2008, 07:31 PM
A sequence doesn't have to be 1-2-3-4-5...

MajicMan
02-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Spurs were never really able to get pass the Shaq Lakers neither only until they blew that team up. So the Spurs are the best in the west by default.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Spurs were never really able to get pass the Shaq Lakers neither only until they blew that team up. So the Spurs are the best in the west by default.
See: 2003 Western Semi-Finals.

MajicMan
02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
One time only

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-05-2008, 07:44 PM
One time only

Spurs were never really able to get pass the Shaq Lakers

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-05-2008, 07:51 PM
And besides, why are you so defensive about the Spurs being considered a dynasty?
Doesn't affect you in any way, so why bother?

FromWayDowntown
02-05-2008, 07:53 PM
asinine

Main Entry: as·i·nine
Pronunciation: \ˈa-sə-ˌnīn\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin asininus, from asinus ass
Date: 15th century

1 : extremely or utterly foolish <an asinine thread>
2 : of, relating to, or resembling an ass
3 : this thread

Strike
02-05-2008, 08:08 PM
–noun, plural -ties.

Thank you Suns fan. Your knowledge and expertise of dynasties astounds me. I'm sure all the Spurs fans on this board (myself included) will take this wealth of information and base our entire basis of Spurs support on this, a pointless post of a fan of a team who has won the equivalent of this:
http://www.soimmature.com/images/toilet_turd.gif

Eat that with a serving of crow, K?

BonnerDynasty
02-05-2008, 08:29 PM
A Sun Fan talking championship smack.

:lmao

Stand
02-05-2008, 08:51 PM
One time only

Only once and yet somehow SA bookends the Laker's three peat. Funny how that works out.

adidas11
02-05-2008, 08:58 PM
The Spurs must find a way to win back-to-back titles to legitamize themselves as a "dynasty".

Supreme_Being
02-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Don't Feed The Goddamn Troll!

jag
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
http://www.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0514/nba_dime_395.jpg
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGR028~Robert-Horry-2005-NBA-Championship-Trophy-8-Posters.jpg

HAHAHAHA

FromWayDowntown
02-05-2008, 09:39 PM
The Spurs must find a way to win back-to-back titles to legitamize themselves as a "dynasty".

What does it really matter if the Spurs are defined as a dynasty or not? The history books will always show that they've won 4 titles in 9 years and that may not be the end of the story. If someone gives that the name "dynasty" does it really change the significance of the accomplishment or the fact that it occurred? Dynasty is nothing more than a label -- and obviously not one that comes with a consistent definition.

TampaDude
02-05-2008, 09:49 PM
FACT: The San Antonio Spurs have the highest winning percentage of ANY team in ANY professional sport over the past decade.

Spurs = DYNASTY :toast

Suns = DIE NASTY :lol

ancestron
02-05-2008, 09:52 PM
still stupid

Mister Sinister
02-05-2008, 09:52 PM
One time only
Yup. That's us. Once, and once only.
Except that time...and that time...oh, yeah. And THAT time.
Away with your face.

Don Quixote
02-05-2008, 09:57 PM
And Sons Fan ...

I have written about this elsewhere, but let me be the first to congratulate you on your brilliant acquisition of Shaquille O'Neal. I am sure that he is the missing piece in your team's quest for its elusive first championship.

He'll fit in great, anchoring your defense while providing scoring and rebounding. And he'll work superbly in your team's up-tempo style of play.

On behalf of the Spurs, we congratulate you on the first of what we are sure will be many championships. A dynasty, even!

m33p0
02-05-2008, 10:00 PM
4 championships in 9 years.

I bolded the parts YOU needed to comprehend the most.

dknights411
02-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Don't Feed The Goddamn Troll!

Does making fun of the troll count as feeding it?

4001 STEREO SPUR
02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
–noun, plural -ties.

jealous |ˈjeləs|
adjective
feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages : he grew jealous of her success.

• fiercely protective or vigilant of one's rights or possessions : Fuckin' moron Suns fan is still a little jealous. | he/she keeps a jealous eye on the San Antolnio Spurs Torphys

:blah :blah :blah :blah :blah

genomefreak13
02-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi MajicMan,

If you have proper education, you will learn that a sequence does not need to mean consecutive or successive years. 3, 5, 7 is a sequence.

If you learned Mathematics correctly, they would say the longest increasing sequence in (1, 7, 4, 6, 9) is (1, 4, 6, 9).

Do not confuse sequence with the word consecutive or successive. Also series is never meant to mean consecutive or successive terms.

The morale of the story is you are stupid and does not even care to study. Go and get proper education before you talk.

:lol :blah :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

SoCalGirlMeronKirsHamm
02-05-2008, 10:39 PM
:nope You haterade loving little Whack Job!

The bolded words you used refer in no way to being consecutive!

Consecutive
con·sec·u·tive [kən sékyətiv]
adj
1. successive: following one after another without interruption or break He hasn't shown up for work for three consecutive days.
2. following logical sequence: following a logical or chronological sequence

Spurs fans in this thread keep giving it to him. I'm so tired of his/her type!!!

Manu's Bald Spot
02-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Call it a dynasty, don't call it a dynasty, whhattever, in the end having any championship at all trumps everything and I'll take 4 in 9 ANYDAY. So until you you win ONE, let alone four, why bother even arguing about stuff like this? I see this stuff all the time from suns fans on this forum and honestly, you can talk alllll you want about winning a championship... but we have all the trophies that you wish you had. And in the end, winning it all is the most important thing right? So umm.. win one. Then you can bug us about how we're not a dynasty, and even then.. we still have 4, and u'll only have 1. This fuss is just nonsense and irrelevant.

ancestron
02-05-2008, 11:32 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/ancestron/accordingtothisgay.gif

Louie Vega
02-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Opinion : The San Antonio Spurs are a dynasty.

Fact : The San Antonio Spurs are 4 Time NBA Champions!

Louie Vega
02-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Fact : The Phoenix Suns have never been NBA Champions!

lonestr
02-05-2008, 11:37 PM
I have assertained that this Suns fan is manic-depressive due to his delusional state fed by anxiety. It is a condition shared by the collective he consorts with at the local beer dive where the women have no teeth, and the men tout their hygien prowess by comparing rusty zippers in their jeans. A suns troll is a fierce creature that simply doesn't understand that their team is incapable of winning anything beyond a division title... at best. Tis easier to point blame at opponents transgressions than the team's shortcomings for their failures in the post season. They actually think that their style of play and the extreme talent they possess entitles them a Championship. Sorry punks, nothing is given in this league. If you want the shiney trophy, you gotta take it. But the best they can come up with is... "Oooh, those Spurs are diiirty! They are sooo mean! Those guys are goons!". Saves que! I bet $100.00 that this particular clown has a lower back tattoo of a beautiful butterfly on a guilded motif that runs down to his crack. Puto!

SequSpur
02-05-2008, 11:41 PM
–noun, plural -ties.

1. a sequspur of rulers from the same family, stock, or group: the Ming dynasty.
2. the rule of such a sequspur.

Fixed

ShoogarBear
02-05-2008, 11:44 PM
die·nas·ty: what happens to the Phoenix Suns every playoffs

dbreiden83080
02-05-2008, 11:48 PM
4 in 9 years vs 0 for the franchise, yeah okay Suns fan.

Matchman
02-05-2008, 11:53 PM
WTF?! 4 pages without a single post about the Rockets Dynasty?!
http://ejnolan.com/db1/00022/ejnolan.com/_uimages/HakeemEJ.jpg
DONT EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE HEART OF A CHAMPION!

Remember this Suns fan?
0ruyIFiawrU

phyzik
02-05-2008, 11:59 PM
you people suck... Why couldnt you post this tomorrow so I have something entertaining to read at work?

fuck you suns fan for fucking my day up yet again!!

Manudona
02-06-2008, 12:05 AM
–noun, plural -ties.

The interesting thing is that changing a few words we can conclude that the Suns are a very long dy·nas·ty /ˈdaɪnəsti; Brit. also ˈdɪnəsti/

The words to change are rulers, replace it with chokers, rule with pain, success with failure and finally wealth with envy and we have the Suns dynasty!

cherylsteele
02-06-2008, 12:51 AM
you people suck... Why couldnt you post this tomorrow so I have something entertaining to read at work?

fuck you suns fan for fucking my day up yet again!!
:lol

Spurms Chumps
02-06-2008, 04:31 AM
–noun, plural -ties.

:worthy:

mathbzh
02-06-2008, 06:07 AM
A sequence of great regular seasons and a series of disapearing act in playoff... no doubt Phoenix is a dynasty

anakha
02-06-2008, 06:33 AM
:worthy:

Indeed. Considering he's doing a better job of trolling than you are, Louis.

JPB
02-06-2008, 07:58 AM
At least, they're some good pics in this thread.

ForeignFan
02-06-2008, 08:22 AM
A sequence of great regular seasons and a series of disapearing act in playoff... no doubt Phoenix is a dynasty

I was just about to say that: SUNS are definitely a DYNASTY (of loosers)

wildchild
02-06-2008, 08:36 AM
I was just about to say that: SUNS are definitely a DYNASTY (of loosers)

To ForeignFan :toast.

dmac
02-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Shaq is going to have a hard time owning Timmy from his wheel chair.

nfg3
02-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Typical Sons/Cavs troll just :stirpot: and some fall for it. We as Spur fans have been there and done that several times over. They can talk all they want but my response is :violin. And a very very small one it is. This is soooooooo old and worn out :sleep but some will never give it a break much less move on and get a life.

So continue to troll and we will continue to :frying:

ehz33satx
02-06-2008, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=MajicMan]That still doesn't make you a dynasty. Dynasties rule in sequence or successions. Spurs are still one and done and by sports standards probably three in a row would be called a dynasty.[/QUOTE

Whether the Spurs are considered a dynasty or not does not really matter. We are still 4X NBA CHAMPIONS. The dynasty label is for others to attach, not us Spurs fans.

Indazone
02-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Cause it's an even year and we all know what happens to the Spurs on even years LOL

MajicMan
02-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Spurs are paper champions. They've never defended their title.

ChumpDumper
02-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Spurs are paper champions. They've never defended their title.http://www.sptimes.com/2003/04/10/photos/nhl-obrientrophy.jpghttp://www.sptimes.com/2003/04/10/photos/nhl-obrientrophy.jpghttp://www.sptimes.com/2003/04/10/photos/nhl-obrientrophy.jpghttp://www.sptimes.com/2003/04/10/photos/nhl-obrientrophy.jpg

Now show us the Suns'.

CubanMustGo
02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Spurs are paper champions. They've never defended their title.

Suns aren't even toilet paper champions, then, since they've never won shit.

jmard5
02-06-2008, 04:29 PM

For the uptenth time, Spurs don't care what defines a dynasty.

FromWayDowntown
02-06-2008, 04:50 PM
For the uptenth time, Spurs don't care what defines a dynasty.

I still don't get what difference is makes. At this point we're talking about whether the Spurs are referred to by some name applied inconsistently and based on totally arbitrary criteria or whether they'll be remembered in history just as a team that won 4 titles in 9 years (or 5 in 10, or 5 in 11, or 6 in 11). I'm not sure that anyone would really be disappointed to be called either because each says exactly the same thing in terms of results.

MajicMan
02-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Real Champions defend their titles.

ChumpDumper
02-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Real Champions defend their titles.Actually, reall champions need only win titles.

That's why they are called champions.

It's easy to see how sunfan would be ignorant of such things. They never won anything.

Obstructed_View
02-06-2008, 05:10 PM
cham·pi·on /ˈtʃæmpiən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[cham-pee-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a person or team who has defeated all opponents in a competition or series of competitions, so as to hold first place: the heavyweight boxing champion.
2. anything that takes first place in competition: the champion of a cattle show.
3. an animal that has won a certain number of points in officially recognized shows: This dog is a champion.
4. a fighter or warrior.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1175–1225; ME < OF < LL campiōn- (s. of campiō) < WGmc *kampiōn-, equiv. to kamp- battle (< L campus field, battlefield) + -iōn- n. suffix; cf. OE cempa warrior, etc.]

Manu's Bald Spot
02-06-2008, 05:17 PM

Hahaha, um, how would you know exactly?

STOP TALKING ABOUT TITLES UNTIL YOU WIN ONE

ancestron
02-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Suns aren't even toilet paper champions, then, since they've never won shit.

:lol

Ghost Writer
02-06-2008, 05:42 PM
I agree.

We need back-to-back.

temujin
02-06-2008, 07:20 PM

Mr. O'Neil OWNS a few things I would guess: a home, an automobile, maybe even a mirror.

Mr. majicman DOES NOT own a dictionary. Neither English, nor, I strongly supsect, of ANY other language.

LANGUAGE is the heart of the matter.

DAINTX
02-06-2008, 08:19 PM
What the hell would a Suns fan know about dynasties & championships? Truly an (oxy)moron :lol

ATXSPUR
02-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Serious thread?

m33p0
02-06-2008, 09:55 PM
"Four and Counting"

m33p0
02-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Serious thread?
to suns fans it is.