PDA

View Full Version : charlie villanueva

coachmac87
02-05-2008, 05:33 PM
has expressed his discomfort in milwaukee and i think he will be an interesting big next to tim....not sure what we can package for him but anybodys thoughts?

ChumpDumper
02-05-2008, 05:34 PM
He'll probably bitch about playing time here too.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-05-2008, 05:44 PM
He looks funny.

MoSpur
02-05-2008, 05:48 PM
I stated that trade proposal in a couple of threads.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-05-2008, 05:50 PM
He only makes 2.7 million a year?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3933

I could look past his looks for that.

coachmac87
02-05-2008, 05:53 PM
I stated that trade proposal in a couple of threads.

o so i guess u like the idea or what? i havent been apart of spurstalk in awhile...and i bet alot of yall missed me!!! :smokin

MoSpur
02-05-2008, 05:54 PM
I like the idea because he's a big that can play on the outside, but I really haven't heard anything good about him in a long time. I know he hasn't gotten playing time since that rookie took his minutes.

coachmac87
02-05-2008, 05:55 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2792~234&teams=24~15&te=&cash=

lets do it!!

coachmac87
02-05-2008, 05:57 PM
I like the idea because he's a big that can play on the outside, but I really haven't heard anything good about him in a long time. I know he hasn't gotten playing time since that rookie took his minutes.

he would give us more options...and the only reason the rook is taking his minutes is cause he is chinese and he bitched about not coming to the bucks and basically demanded p

T Park
02-05-2008, 05:59 PM
JR Reid deux im afraid.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-05-2008, 06:00 PM
he would give us more options...and the only reason the rook is taking his minutes is cause he is chinese and he bitched about not coming to the bucks and basically demanded p

Have you watched Li play?

From the few games I've seen of him, dude's pretty decent. Can run the floor well, uses his body well in the post, and has a nice looking J. Not saying Villenueva isn't better, but Li isn't exactly a stiff.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2008, 06:00 PM
he would give us more options...and the only reason the rook is taking his minutes is cause he is chinese and he bitched about not coming to the bucks and basically demanded pIf Charlie was that much better he wouldn't have lost his minutes to Yi.

coachmac87
02-05-2008, 06:03 PM
the kid is only 23...and he had a stellar rookie season dropped 48 in a game...he is athletic and can cause mismatches..

lefty
02-05-2008, 06:04 PM
He looks funny.

So he meets all the Spurs criterias

T Park
02-05-2008, 06:05 PM
he is athletic and can cause mismatches..

whoopie.

ChumpDumper
He's not that great, but a trade for him wouldn't be horrible.

Please_dont_ban_me
So he meets all the Spurs criterias

:elephant

coachmac87
If Charlie was that much better he wouldn't have lost his minutes to Yi.

well think about it...they got the #1 overall pick at center and they just drafted the chink...they got CV in a trade....and im sure he was a little upset he got traded to begin with..

coachmac87
02-05-2008, 06:06 PM
name rookies who dropped 48pts in a game..

T Park
02-05-2008, 06:08 PM
they got the #1 overall pick at center and they just drafted the chink

God..... :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
02-05-2008, 06:10 PM
well think about it...they got the #1 overall pick at center and they just drafted the chink...they got CV in a trade....and im sure he was a little upset he got traded to begin with..Well think about it -- you're a racist asshole whose opinion I no longer need consider.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-05-2008, 06:10 PM

Tony Delk once dropped 53.

We shouldv'e gone after him, too. :bang

coachmac87
02-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Well think about it -- you're a racist asshole whose opinion I no longer need consider.

how are u going to call me a racist? :wtf

ambchang
+ He is a good outside shooter, especially for a big man.
+ He is still on his rookie contract, thus makes very little $
+ He is quite athletic

- He complains
- He can't even beat Yi Jianlian in the rotation.
- He can't play defense.
- He can't pass and stagnates the offense.
- His work ethic has always been questioned.

ChumpDumper
how are u going to call me a racist? :wtfHow am I not?

T Park
02-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Uh last I checked, "chink" was racist genius. :rolleyes

cherylsteele
02-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Michael Jordan?

coachmac87
02-05-2008, 06:16 PM
+ He is a good outside shooter, especially for a big man.
+ He is still on his rookie contract, thus makes very little $
+ He is quite athletic

- He complains
- He can't even beat Yi Jianlian in the rotation.
- He can't play defense.
- He can't pass and stagnates the offense.
- His work ethic has always been questioned.

ok he has a right to complain...one bucks suck..he is not playing. a player always thinks if the team is not doing good and they are not playing thats the issue..if bucks were winning i doubt he would be complaining...

and the bucks just drafted Yi and we all know how he did not want to go there...THEY FREAKIN PROMISED HIM PLAYING TIME!!!
and if you are athletic you have a chance to play d
and i bet his work ethic changes a bit if he ever plays for the defending champions

n1n10do
02-05-2008, 06:17 PM
...they just drafted the chink...

:donkey :donkey :donkey no room for racism

coachmac87
Michael Jordan?

:lol

ChumpDumper
and the bucks just drafted Yi and we all know how he did not want to go there...THEY FREAKIN PROMISED HIM PLAYING TIME!!! It had nothing to do with playing time.

coachmac87
02-05-2008, 06:18 PM
sorry if i offended anybody...im actually 1/4 asian so i didnt think much of it..but i wont use that word again

coachmac87
02-05-2008, 06:19 PM
It had nothing to do with playing time.

what?

coachmac87
02-05-2008, 06:24 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlRFoe9EtpE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlRFoe9EtpE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

T Park
02-05-2008, 06:27 PM
It had to do with Milwaukee having like 20 asian people in the whole population.

coachmac87
02-05-2008, 06:29 PM
It had to do with Milwaukee having like 20 asian people in the whole population.

ya i kno..i never said anything about it being because of playing time...playing time is what the bucks had to offer to Yi

tav1
02-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Milwaukee is in disarray right now, and some of it surrounds the profit they're making off of Yi because of sales in China. Financially, it makes good sense to build around Yi, and so Villanueva might at a reduced asking price. That's good.

The problem is that Milwaukee is trying to package Villanueva as a sweetener with Gadzuric. That's not so good.

Gadzuric has a bad contract, both in price and years--5.7 through 2011, I think. He's not an awful player, and would be an upgrade over Elson, but at a steep price. If the Spurs make that kind of deal, they'd need to put Gadzuric on the block as soon as this offseason. He doesn't have much trade value and they'd be looking at another Rasho situation cap wise.

In short, I like Villanueva. But not that much. The only way this happens if they can unload Elson and a draft pick for him. I'm not sure Milwaukee would bite.
Not because it's not a fair offer, but because they really need Villanueva to move Gadzuric for them.

coachmac87
02-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Milwaukee is in disarray right now, and some of it surrounds the profit they're making off of Yi because of sales in China. Financially, it makes good sense to build around Yi, and so Villanueva might at a reduced asking price. That's good.

The problem is that Milwaukee is trying to package Villanueva as a sweetener with Gadzuric. That's not so good.

Gadzuric has a bad contract, both in price and years--5.7 through 2011, I think. He's not an awful player, and would be an upgrade over Elson, but at a steep price. If the Spurs make that kind of deal, they'd need to put Gadzuric on the block as soon as this offseason. He doesn't have much trade value and they'd be looking at another Rasho situation cap wise.

In short, I like Villanueva. But not that much. The only way this happens if they can unload Elson and a draft pick for him. I'm not sure Milwaukee would bite.
Not because it's not a fair offer, but because they really need Villanueva to move Gadzuric for them.

very good point bro...the elson plus a pick was exactly what i was thinking..but ya i understand what your sayin and it makes sense

lefty
02-05-2008, 07:03 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlRFoe9EtpE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlRFoe9EtpE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

+1

Matchman
02-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Can the mod ban or at least suspend coachmac87 for a period of time because of his racist comment?
Thanks

ancestron
02-05-2008, 09:55 PM
He looks funny.

He has Alopecia.

Its a rare skin disorder where you cannot grow hair, and your skin loses pigment.

ambchang
02-05-2008, 09:57 PM
ok he has a right to complain...one bucks suck..he is not playing. a player always thinks if the team is not doing good and they are not playing thats the issue..if bucks were winning i doubt he would be complaining...

and the bucks just drafted Yi and we all know how he did not want to go there...THEY FREAKIN PROMISED HIM PLAYING TIME!!!
and if you are athletic you have a chance to play d
and i bet his work ethic changes a bit if he ever plays for the defending champions

I don't know if he would be complaining or not if the Bucks were winning, but the truth of the matter is that he is complaining. It is nice and all that you are willing to bet on his work ethic, but thinking along the lines of "the Spurs can tame any wild horse" has got to stop. The reason the Spurs are a cohesive unit is because they have always recruited the right people who can fit in the locker room, they set up the expectations before getting them. Those who wouldn't cut it still wouldn't cut it no matter what.

Yi has been playing very well with the Bucks. He is still rough around the edges, and has to up his physicality, but his athleticism is through the roof, he can shoot, he can drive, and he actually tries on D. At this point, he is clearly better than Charlie V. And trust me, I have seen both extensively.

And lastly, D is largely a mental game, yes you need a certain level of athleticism to play great in the league, because it is, afterall, pros. But look at the best defensive players. Bowen is not overly athletic, neither is Artest (he is strong as hell though), Raja Bell, Duncan, and the such are not athletic. While supremely athletic players, like Carter, McGrady, anybody on the Warriors (other than buckets), JRich, etc ... are not known for their D at all.

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-05-2008, 10:05 PM
again, too good to happen

not going to happen

Please_dont_ban_me
02-05-2008, 10:07 PM
He has Alopecia.

Its a rare skin disorder where you cannot grow hair, and your skin loses pigment.

Oh.

Well now I feel bad.

ancestron
02-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Oh.

Well now I feel bad.

as you should! lol just kidding.

Villanueva actually has a charity organization that helps kids with the same disorder. He has Alopecia kids come to games as his guests all the time. Its actually pretty cool of him.

Whisky Dog
02-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Can the mod ban or at least suspend coachmac87 for a period of time because of his racist comment?
Thanks

Can this guy be banned or at least suspended for a period of time for being such a pussy?

Seriously, get used to it. There are so many things on this planet that can instantly kill you, and words aren't any of them. Words only have power if you get offended, so stop being so sensitive, get some self esteem, and get over it.

Manudona
02-06-2008, 12:40 AM
sorry if i offended anybody...im actually 1/4 asian so i didnt think much of it..but i wont use that word again

Let me guess... Japanese!

Matchman
02-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Can this guy be banned or at least suspended for a period of time for being such a pussy?

Seriously, get used to it. There are so many things on this planet that can instantly kill you, and words aren't any of them. Words only have power if you get offended, so stop being so sensitive, get some self esteem, and get over it.

i AM offended even tho i am not an asian, imagine how offensive that word is to asians. These words are both offensive and disrespectful. This has nothing to do with being overly sensitive. I guess i should not derail this thread so i will just leave it here.

hsxvvd
02-06-2008, 01:57 AM
He has Alopecia.

Never trust a man without eyebrows.

(BTW, I've had Alopecia... It's not fun....not the CV Alopecia where he has no hair whatsoever, but a small spot on my head... :oops )

Slohoop
02-06-2008, 02:16 AM
I would like to see him in Spurs uniform.

MoSpur
02-06-2008, 01:56 PM
He started yesterday's game due to Yi being injured. He had 16 pts and 16 boards.

MoSpur
02-06-2008, 01:58 PM
BTW, Gadzuric had 7pts and 3 boards in 11 minutes.

ambchang
02-06-2008, 02:15 PM
He started yesterday's game due to Yi being injured. He had 16 pts and 16 boards.
He got that vs. the all-bust team of Milicic and Kwame Brown, I wouldn't be too excited about it.
When V is on, he is tough to stop, but he is often not on, doens't give much effort, and doesn't play D.