PDA

View Full Version : Lakers vs Nets (Gasol's Domination)

Medvedenko
02-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Pau and Kobe played beautifully together...

Kobe probably had his worst statistical game of the season and usually when Kobe's shooting is off we struggle. Well, depth helps....

Pau:
10/15 24 points
12 boards
4 dimes

Odom
2/4 14 points
15 boards
5 dimes

Fisher:
9/18 28 points

Kobe: 3/13 6 points no foul shots (he did hurt his finger though)
5 boards
8 dimes
7 turnovers (trying to be to cute with the ball again)
2 Mutumbo's
2 paytons

Well, there you have it...the lakers with a forgettable game from Kobe and he was all smiles loving the fact that he has another weapon. Granted it was vs the NETS but it's looking good. :smokin

Medvedenko
02-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Upon inspection of this game I thought Pau's D was ok...not Bynum good so that could be telling. He altered a few shots and had some strong rebounds, but he's not going to bust out and lock anyone down. That's the best though, because once Bynum comes back we have another big body that has better hops and is longer. Look out West.

remingtonbo2001
02-05-2008, 10:50 PM
* Against the Nets

:clap Still, quality numbers

Lakafan23
02-05-2008, 10:54 PM
I Had A Smile On The Whole 4th Quarter While Watching This Game. Kobe's Finally Happy.

Matchman
02-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Against Josh Boone, Sean Williams and the Nets who almost got swept by the Knicks in their season series?
I know Gasol is good but i dont think this game is something u can brag abt....
nice stat tho

Medvedenko
02-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Yeah, that's why I added the caveat "Nets" who don't have anyone worth mentioning down low....but how can a team with Wince, RJ and Kidd be so bad...they have some nice young players, but they don't really play all that hard. Too bad. Oh and when fisher outplays Kidd...it's going to be a long night.

Medvedenko
02-05-2008, 10:57 PM
He's such a good finisher and has soft hands for a big. That's whay I'm really impressed. He had some good chemistry with Kobe tonight. Also, don't forget Lamar and Radman who also played a hell of game.

Matchman
02-05-2008, 10:59 PM
No team can win without a dominant big man. Their best healthy big man is Stromile Swift LoL

Medvedenko
02-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Well the lakers won their last 2 games without a dominent centre or an actual centre...but I digress.

Lakafan23
02-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Ya Pau's has a sweet touch around the rim. And he was being real physical today. Kobes gonna sleep well tonight.

LakeShow
02-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Great game for the first one played. He will only get better once he learns the Triangle and his players. He and Bynum will be unstoppable.

LakeShow
02-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Welcome to LA!

http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/lakers/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_lakers_notes_06.4044566.html

Gasol Experiencing Lakers Mania

11:40 PM PST on Tuesday, February 5, 2008

By BRODERICK TURNER
The Press-Enterprise

MEADOWLANDS, N.J. - Pau Gasol was in Washington, D. C., on Sunday, and the media descended upon him. Gasol was in New York for practice Monday, and the media enveloped him. Gasol was in New Jersey for Tuesday night's game, and the media was all over him.

Welcome to the world of the Lakers, where they reign supreme.

At every stop Gasol makes since being acquired from Memphis on Friday, the media, American and Spanish alike, is requesting his time.

"I'm starting to realize how big the Lakers are around the country and around the world," Gasol said. "I had a little bit of a feel. When they'd come to Memphis, I'd see more Lakers jerseys than Grizzlies jerseys in the stands. But that just happens everywhere. So now I guess I'm going to find out more about it.
"I haven't been in LA yet but I can feel and see a lot of excitement and a lot of happiness, and I'm all about it."

When a television station from Barcelona asked Coach Phil Jackson for a comment about Gasol, Jackson was at his less-than-serious best.

"Well, he's tall," Jackson said, smiling. "I did ask him to shave his beard. I told him I'd shave mine if he'd shave his. He wouldn't buy it."

Gasol started at center on Tuesday and had 24 points, 12 rebounds and four assists, despite the fact he had missed three of his last four games with Memphis due to a sore back.

But after getting treatment from Lakers trainer Gary Vitti and Alex McKechnie, the team's athletic performance coordinator, Gasol played 35 minutes and doesn't think he'll have a problem with his back all season.

"I think it'll go away," Gasol said.

Gasol spoke with Kobe Bryant and listened to how driven he is.

"He's a winner and he wants to win the whole thing," Gasol said. "Me being here is part of it."

Shaq to Suns?

There are multiple media reports that Shaquille O'Neal might be traded to the Suns for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks.

Bryant was asked what he thought about the possibility of his former teammate being traded back to the West.

"I know he likes the warm weather," Bryant said. "Other than that, I don't think too much about it."

The Suns might be doing this because of the Lakers' trade to get Gasol.

"Maybe," Bryant said. "It doesn't really matter to us one way or the other. We've got to get better."

Fisher Scores 28

Derek Fisher tied his season high with 28 points against the Nets on 9-for-18 shooting, including 4 for 7 on threes.

He was one point shy of his career high, which he scored against the Lakers while playing for the Warriors.

"It was really because of the guys that we had out on the floor," he said.

Vlad Hot; Sasha Cools Off

Sasha Vujacic's hot shooting cooled -- he was 1 of 6 for three points -- but Vladimir Radmanovich's sweet passing continued, as he had three assists to go with 16 points.

LakeShow
02-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Wow..unstoppable, that sounds pretty impressive..will the Lakers ever lose another game once he and Bynum learn the traingle?

I doubt it!

LakeShow
02-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Can't wait..please let me know when that happens so I can tivo history in the making :toast

Will do! :toast

ancestron
02-06-2008, 04:22 PM
I gotta say, I haven't seen Pau Gasol play in a while, but I remember seeing games where he's just killin it. Boards, dunks, blocks, you name it.
He can be fierce. He wasn't inspired anymore in Memphis, and now that he is part of a high profile, winning franchise, my money is on him busting out big time.

LakeShow
02-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I gotta say, I haven't seen Pau Gasol play in a while, but I remember seeing games where he's just killin it. Boards, dunks, blocks, you name it.
He can be fierce. He wasn't inspired anymore in Memphis, and now that he is part of a high profile, winning franchise, my money is on him busting out big time.

It looks like he is going to work out just fine. He still has a way to go with his defensive assignments, but his scoring and passing already showed dividends last night and although he did OK defensively he was out of position alot, but I expect that to change once he learns the Lakers system.

Medvedenko
02-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Shitty game versus the Hawks tonight....Kobe shot poorly again...that finger is definitely hurting him. Gasol missed a few chippies, but on a back to back versus a good athletic team like the Hawks. We still had a chance and controlled the game. Oh well...we need some practise time...and some rest.

ThomasGranger
02-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Hawks are a potentially dangerous team. If they could swing a deal for Kidd, look out!

DazedAndConfused
02-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Yea all that Hawks team needs is a good PG and SG and they are set. They have so much size at the SF/PF position, it's insane.