PDA

View Full Version : Fun game of, Is she, or isnt she? YOU MAKE THE CALL!!!!!

T Park
01-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Alright, say you have a fiance, and you both mutually break up, but to give each other some time alone to think.

You both say its good for it to happen, well come back fresh and Ok.

This is say, the 15th of December, and her company party is the 18th of December.

Say she meets this guy and decides to start dating him.

When you ask my you cant get back together she gives you reasons of,
I want to work on myself, I dont want commitments, and we have different goals.

Does this make her a skank, or not.

YOU MAKE THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!! :pctoss

CosmicCowboy
01-05-2005, 12:45 PM
naaa...it just makes you OWNED...

you have been officially dumped...did you get the ring back?

Spurminator
01-05-2005, 12:50 PM
If you want my friendly advice... Mutual breaks (or break ups) should happen before engagement, not after. It sounds like both of you were uncertain of the permanance of this relationship, and it's probably a good thing you didn't go through with the marriage.

T Park
01-05-2005, 12:54 PM
naaa...it just makes you OWNED..

lol, now I guess I know what the mouse inside the snake (Kobe Bryant thread) felt like.

Yeah she sent me back the ring on the 27th.

Guess I can hock that for a HD TIVO Directv reciever.

Spurm,

doesnt make it hurt any less IMO.

Whats funny, is, if this was some girl you date for a few months, you tolerate things that are bad, but you enjoy 1 thing, it doesnt hurt that bad.

When that person enjoys everything that you do together, and you seem like best friends.

Its worse.

GO fig.

samikeyp
01-05-2005, 12:56 PM
I don't know about a skank but it makes her a liar.

jalbre6
01-05-2005, 01:00 PM
More friendly advice from someone who's been there...mutual break-ups and relationship time outs are always trouble. Someone's not happy, and she is going to take the first opportunity to try and get happiness from someone else. If the new person makes her happier, just even for a little while, she'll just be thanking God that they didn't wind up hitched in the first place. If not,
I want to work on myself, I dont want commitments, and we have different goals.
means that the commitment that you have together she no longer wants, working on herself means that she wants to play the field, and different goals mean that she wants something different from somewhere else.

Sorry to sound so harsh. At least you broke up before she could lay claim to half of what you own.

T Park
01-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Not harsh, its truth.

Im just happy the people that have posted here have been adult about it and giving good advice.

I apreciate it.

jalbre6
01-05-2005, 01:03 PM
If she'll do it to you, she'll do it to someone else. Believe it.

T Park
01-05-2005, 01:08 PM
She was married before being engaged to me, so thats probobly true.

I HAD IT COMING!!! lol

Whats really erie, is how, when I talk to her on the phone, is how calm, and how
business like everything is.

I mean, before we were like two buddies talkin about old times.

Oh well, I really shouldnt be wallowing in the pity I guess.

Hook Dem
01-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Unfortunately, most breakups don't occur because both people wanted to do so. It is usually because one of them is unhappy. It sucks but you gotta let go. It doesn't make it any better by trying to force the issue. It is normal to want to hang onto someone you love but in the end, it won't work unless both want to be there. I am not proud of it but I speak from experience on more than one ocassion. Go out and be with someone who wants to be with you.

bigzak25
01-05-2005, 01:17 PM
let her go man. it hurts, but time passes. at least she had the decency to break up before christmas....very unlikely she met this guy that she started dating at the party, immediately after you two decided to take a break. most likely, she had decided to start dating him before the party and may have been doing so already. instead of continue to lie, she came clean and broke it off with you.

why keep in contact is what i want to know?

lotsa fish in the sea man....you should know some mexican national's hottie daughters by now....go get'em.

Useruser666
01-05-2005, 01:27 PM
"Hands on, I'm Disengaged!"

bigzak25
01-05-2005, 01:35 PM
park, does she have any good looking friends? sister? what's her mama look like?

payback is a bitch.

T Park
01-05-2005, 01:41 PM
her mom is a werido
no sisters.

"Hands on, I'm Disengaged!

Lol thanks for the levity User.

I have kind of let go, but when your engaged, you start to plan stuff.

Now it almost feels like, your starting all over again, and IMO, that is what sucks most of all.

SpursWoman
01-05-2005, 02:39 PM
If she'll do it to you, she'll do it to someone else. Believe it.

She was married before being engaged to me, so thats probobly true.

I HAD IT COMING!!! lol

If you were talking about being unfaithful, I'd probably agree...but since this seems pretty above-board, I don't think anything could be further from the truth. As a matter of fact, I kind of take offense to that somewhat--I'm a formerlly married person, too, and I assure you we're not all running around looking for someone to hurt.

If she's been married before and the situation was bad enough to end in divorce, I can tell you first hand she already knows what she can deal with and what she cannot...and how she wants to feel and knows when she does not feel *it*. If there are serious doubts it's far better to end it before it becomes a lot more complicated (ie, kids, property). No one should settle for so-so, and since this was "mutual", I gather that your feelings for her weren't as strong as you thought either. You both deserve better than that.

And of course it's rough and feels like you're having to start all over again. Just be glad you're still in your early twenties and don't have kids....it's a lot easier finding The One meant for you than starting over in your 40's or 50's...or even 60's.

Oh well, I really shouldnt be wallowing in the pity I guess.

Don't even. You'll find the right one for you, she's out there somewhere. :)

Clandestino
01-05-2005, 02:55 PM
i'm sure she was already flirting with or dating the guy BEFORE what you THOUGHT was a mutual breakup...

Kori Ellis
01-05-2005, 03:00 PM
When people break up prior to marriage, they have find a way to look at it as a blessing even though it hurts. Breaking up with a girlfriend or a fiancee' is definitely easier than divorcing a wife.

All this means is that she's not the woman for you. And there's millions of other women available who might be. There's a perfect girl for you. And she's going to treat you with kindness, respect, and love. When you meet her, they'll be no doubt that you want to spend forever with her.

SpursWoman
01-05-2005, 03:01 PM
i'm sure she was already flirting with or dating the guy BEFORE what you THOUGHT was a mutual breakup...

Yes, you are exactly right. Because we are women, we are all evil.

If I'm *into* someone enough to be planning a wedding with him, there isn't another man on the planet that would illicit even the slightest interest.

If she was doing that, then good riddance. :)

Clandestino
01-05-2005, 03:10 PM

If I'm *into* someone enough to be planning a wedding with him, there isn't another man on the planet that would illicit even the slightest interest.

i don't think women are evil..if a woman posted the same thing i'd say the same thing, "he was already seeing her."

but one day she is engaged and then they decide to break up...that means the engagement is over... then 3 days later she "found" someone already... i don't believe it and you shouldn't either...

bigzak25
01-05-2005, 03:14 PM
park....did you guys have a healthy sexual relationship...

were you knocking it out man? women don't walk away from a good toungue.

Useruser666
01-05-2005, 03:27 PM

What if her kids were planning the wedding? :lol

Useruser666
01-05-2005, 03:27 PM

were you knocking it out man? women don't walk away from a good toungue.

You couldn't say package could you? :lol

bigzak25
01-05-2005, 03:33 PM
well me and park are big guys....we like to eat. :smokin

SpursWoman
01-05-2005, 03:37 PM
What if her kids were planning the wedding? :lol

Then I guess it's just as well they are spared the tantrum sure to follow the "No, honey, we most certainly are not having it catered by McDonald's, and no GTA'ing for dollars."

:drunk :lol

SpursWoman
01-05-2005, 03:39 PM
women don't walk away from a good toungue.

You couldn't say package could you? :lol

I thought that was part of the package? :wtf :lol

Jimcs50
01-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Well, I have not been dumped before, but if I had, I would feel like you do. I would feel like I could have done something different or I would wonder if she were a nutcase or something.

But in essence, it is all about finding your soulmate, that one person that you know you really should be with forever...obviously this was not the case. Better you broke up now, and not after kids were involved.(sadly that is all too common)

Hang in there and just keep meeting new people and you might get lucky and find that one girl that makes you forget about all the other heartaches that you had in the past, that one girl that gets you. Keep swinging for the fences and you will get that dinger sooner or later.

:)

T Park
01-05-2005, 03:52 PM

not healthy enough obviously.

just kidding.

Id rather not comment, in respect to her, we prob should keep that private.

Thanks for the good words.

What I liked most about this?

Is seeing guys like Jim and SW, who usually rip me up from time to time, but when its serious, they offer a kind word.

That goes a long way, and believe me, after having a nice lunch and watching a couple shows off of my DVD collection.

Im feelin alot better.

I just remembered, its ladies night at the bars tonight.

Time to bust out the armani.... :)

timvp
01-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Sorry bro, I don't have any advice for you. I've never been dumped or had a broken hurt or any of that ish.

:smokin

P.S.

M.O.B.

Clandestino
01-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Im feelin alot better.

I just remembered, its ladies night at the bars tonight.

Time to bust out the armani.... :)

that's the spirit!

Jimcs50
01-05-2005, 03:55 PM
You know I love ya, big guy.

I know we like to argue with each other all the time, but that is what I live for in here, that is the fun of this place, but when push comes to shove, I like most everyone in here and would help them any time I can, if they need it...afterall, we are all fans of the greatest team in sports.

MannyIsGod
01-05-2005, 04:03 PM
You need one of 2 things. A big bottle of vodka and a sad break up album such as - Damien Rice "O", Any Duncan Sheik, or a song that Jess is very fond of called "Good Fucking Bye" by Matt Skiba.

If not that, then a rebound. Nothing helps you forget the old woman like the new one who's going down on you at that moment.

bigzak25
01-05-2005, 04:36 PM
gotdam it park, i'm trying to help you.

don't conceal the sex out of respect her in a thread where you ask if she should be considered a skank or not.....need more info to answer the question...

another thing, it was a long distance relationship was it not?

if you hit it everytime you see each other during a long distance, then it's all good. if the sex stops, writing is on the wall.

go smoke a joint and listen to gangsta boogie by the ghetto boys. all is well.

here are the words...with sweet home alabama riff is best...

Gangster of Love (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/g/geto-boys/59825.html)

Solid D
01-05-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm sorry about your relationship.

We can all learn from life changes and gain strength from painful events, if we choose to look for the good in things and build on that.

If there is anything you can improve on...that's your next challenge.

May God bless you with a new outlook and great new beginnings, T-Park.

samikeyp
01-05-2005, 04:39 PM
If not that, then a rebound. Nothing helps you forget the old woman like the new one who's going down on you at that moment.

Just more proof that Manny IS God! :)

Useruser666
01-05-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm sorry I can't help myself! :oops

Time to bust out the armani....

Bust out or "out of"? :devil

But seriously, I know the feeling. You will be much better off later on. Look what happened to me! SpursWoman! :makeout

Duff McCartney
01-05-2005, 04:42 PM
If all else fails..you can always resort to stalking.

Solid D
01-05-2005, 04:43 PM
BTW, T-Park, did you borrow the $50 from her to pay off Johnny Blaze? Just curious. :)

T Park
01-05-2005, 04:53 PM
no, she makes less money than me, and in August had to borrow some to pay off her cellphone bill.

Speaking of that, bitch better pay up.

Thanks for the advice guys, and Manny, I think I might just break out that Grey Goose bottle I got for christmas from my uncle.

T Park
01-05-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm sorry about your relationship.

We can all learn from life changes and gain strength from painful events, if we choose to look for the good in things and build on that.

If there is anything you can improve on...that's your next challenge.

May God bless you with a new outlook and great new beginnings, T-Park.

I gotta say thats a very wonderfull post, words to live by, thanks Solid, you have a way with words,
are you a writer, or an editor of some sort?

T Park
01-05-2005, 04:56 PM
You need one of 2 things. A big bottle of vodka and a sad break up album such as - Damien Rice "O", Any Duncan Sheik, or a song that Jess is very fond of called "Good Fucking Bye" by Matt Skiba.

haha, the rebound sounds nice, I think Ill be out in search of that tongiht, WHILE drinking some vodka.

Great idea.

samikeyp
01-05-2005, 05:04 PM
to paraphrase...

"bitch betta have Park's money!"

Solid D
01-05-2005, 05:04 PM
No, I'm not a professional writer. 'Just experienced and I work from the heart.

This trial is one of your "experiences".

CosmicCowboy
01-05-2005, 05:08 PM
http://www.syriantours.net/KARNAZI/images/sheep%2029%20copy.jpg

theres always hope...even TLong finally found true love...

T Park
01-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Experiences blow.

Mikey, I didnt want this white boy to sound too ghetto, but thats what I was thinkin lmao.

Jimcs50
01-05-2005, 05:25 PM
CC, where did you get tlong's girl's picture? She is as hot as he said she was.

CosmicCowboy
01-05-2005, 05:31 PM
yeah..notice the hair rubbed off the back...TLong has definitely been working her over...

T Park
01-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Well TP it dependswhat age bracket ,type of music ,atmosphere you looking for. Dicks Roadhouse (Huebner/I10) used to be pretty good on Thursday nights until they stopped the dodgeball tournaments. Madison Ave. is great on weekends it's located near the Babcock/Huebner intersection. If you don't like it there it is hooked up with several other clubs in a strip center that might suit your taste. One of my personal favorites is Graham Central Station (Fredricksberg/410) on any Saturday night, If you get there before 10:30 beers and well drinks are .75cents and it has a nice variety of people there. The "honeys" are usually open to friendly conversation just don't come off as a jerk! (but thats a whole different post altogether). Now these are just a few of the northside bars I happen to like, beware none of these bars are inexpensive so be prepared to spend 25-30 bills apiece to start having a good time depending on your tolerance level. There are other places that are cheaper but if you want to meet a nice variety of women these are the ones I would recommend. Are there any other clubs anyone else would recommend?

This was a post in a thread a long time ago.

Now I can use it for myself.

ANy other good bars, to find a great "rebound" chick tonight??

Usually wednesdays are ladies nights..

Useruser666
01-05-2005, 05:39 PM
http://www.syriantours.net/KARNAZI/images/sheep%2029%20copy.jpg

theres always hope...even TLong finally found true love...

That's just baAaAaAaAad!!! :lol

bigzak25
01-05-2005, 05:41 PM
try the palace or the penthouse club....spend lots of money. go vip. wear the armani. have a bag of coke available in case you get lucky. lastly...wear a rubber dude. good luck!

Manu20
01-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Sorry about that T Park, and don't worry you find a girl that really loves you and cares for you.:)

blackbucket
01-05-2005, 06:31 PM
I went through that. We were together for 6 years and engaged a year and a half before we broke up. If we had been truly honest with ourselves, we would have acknowledged the writing was on the wall after year one!

But, I'm stronger for it and it made it crystal clear as to what I wanted and more importantly, what I didn't. I also learned alot about myself, the good and the bad. I made alot of mistakes and didn't put into the relationship what I should have.

I ended up meeting my soul mate (cue cheeseball music now) so I went through it for a reason. My advice would be to not get heavily involved with anyone for a year and take a long, hard, honest look at yourself. We can all improve ourselves and the future Mrs. TPark will be thankful you did!

Spurgal
01-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Tpark,

You need a real life!

ChumpDumper
01-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Alright, say you have a fiance, and you both mutually break up, but to give each other some time alone to think.It was over right then, but only she knew it.

As for the cell phone bill, you have GOT to take her to The People's Court or something similar. We'd keep that tape in our archives right next to the Memorial Day Miracle.

Shelly
01-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Better you found out now before it's too late. Sometimes you have to go through a few bad eggs before you find a good one.

Brodels
01-05-2005, 09:17 PM
I dated a girl for the last two years of high school and the first two months of college. We weren't engaged, but we talked about marriage often and assumed that it would happen. I was a little bit older than her, and after she was away at college for a while, she started cheating on me and became a totally different person. I tried to hold on as long as I could, but the seeds of destruction were planted several months before it actually ended. I even continued to have sex with her for about six months after she broke up while she was dating the person who would become her husband.

I was pretty sad when it finally ended for good. I messed around with a rebound relationship for a short time. I was kind of directionless.

But after about four months, I really began to look at my life and what I wanted to do with it. I set some serious goals and worked hard on them. I lost some weight, exercised like a mofo, and got in great shape. I transfered to a college halfway across the nation, which turned out to be the best decision I ever made. I got a second job so I'd have some more money and something to do. I became a much better musician.

When it ends with someone you care about, you're suddenly got lots of time and many things to think about. That can be a bad combination. But after a short grieving time I used my time to meet some goals, and those goals also kept her off of my mind.

In the end, my outlook on life changed and I became a better person. I don't know if I could do it today, but I channeled my time and energy into some really positive things. And now I can honestly say that her ditching me was absolutely the best thing that's ever happened to me. I became much smarter, saw a lot of the nation and world, made many new friends, and did some things I didn't think I'd ever do.

Again, it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Use the extra time you have to do something positive with your life. Set a few goals and work hard to achieve them. Make the experience into a positive one.

And don't jump into a new, serious relationship right away. I didn't want to get hurt again, so I dated my current fiance for five years before I decided that I wanted to marry her.

SequSpur
01-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Dude........

Send her your Hedo jersey.

and tell her to FO.

Jimcs50
01-05-2005, 10:59 PM
TPark, look at Ben Afflect. He gets dumped by Jenn Lopez and now he has Jennifer Garner....who is 100 times better looking and so much hotter...there is hope.

blackbucket
01-05-2005, 11:08 PM
No way Jim. JLo is much prettier. Garner is average; cute girl but average.

T Park
01-05-2005, 11:14 PM

I gave that to a goodwill station down on Millitary back at the end of October, along with my old Antonio Daniels jersey and Mario Elie.

Jimcs50
01-05-2005, 11:14 PM
No way Jim. JLo is much prettier. Garner is average; cute girl but average.

JoLo is a skank.

Average???

http://img.actressarchives.com/garner/elektra048.jpg

http://img.actressarchives.com/garner/tn_garner023.jpg

Where the hell do you live???? The Playboy Mansion???

MannyIsGod
01-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Dude........

and tell her to FO.

Dude, I wish I could stock up on Hedo jerseys now and use this on all my future breakups.

THAT, is fucking classic.

T Park
01-06-2005, 12:28 AM
go down tot he goodwill on millitary drive, you could probobly get it for 2.50.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Dude, I wish I could stock up on Hedo jerseys now and use this on all my future breakups.

THAT, is fucking classic.

http://www.tvazteca.com/deportes/basquetbol/figuras/images2002/san_antonio/turkoglu.jpg

Dear Baby,

Welcome to Dumpville. Population - You.

Love,

Hedo

PeterBurns
01-06-2005, 10:45 AM
P.S.

M.O.B.

Holy Crap.

Was that a 2Pac reference about love....

Useruser666
01-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Pick up a purse at Goodwill and put the jersey in it and send it like that.

AlamoSpursFan
01-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Hey Tpark, me and Mrs. ASF broke up several times during the 3 years before we got married. We've been married for 10 years now and my advice to you is RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol

Mark in Austin
01-06-2005, 01:35 PM
I don't know about a skank but it makes her a liar.

Truth.

TPark, I wish you well, and I hope the new year brings happier days to you. We all grieve / deal with this stuff in different ways, but you know you have a ton of friends here, even if we do like to argue from time to time.

T Park
01-07-2005, 01:34 AM
I know, and Im glad to see that I do, even though we let things get out of hand once in a while.

Ive been trying to change my ways, and I think ive been doin good.

Hopefully this year, I can gain some more respect.

Jimcs50
01-07-2005, 09:01 AM
I know, and Im glad to see that I do, even though we let things get out of hand once in a while.

Ive been trying to change my ways, and I think ive been doin good.

Hopefully this year, I can gain some more respect.

Ha!

red kryptonite
01-09-2005, 05:01 AM
Tpark, the girl you are looking for isn't in a bar or club. Not from my perspective of who you are. Check your church's single group. Also, you shouldn't have to impress anyone to attract them, they should be attracted to you as you are. Just be the best you, you can be. Be on top of your game, but don't change the game altogether because then you just lost.

Clandestino
01-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Tpark, the girl you are looking for isn't in a bar or club. Not from my perspective of who you are. Check your church's single group. Also, you shouldn't have to impress anyone to attract them, they should be attracted to you as you are. Just be the best you, you can be. Be on top of your game, but don't change the game altogether because then you just lost.

i don't know you tpark, but if you go to bars or clubs or whatever..that is where you should look for girls. do you belong to a church singles group? if so, then yes, that is a place to look.

actually, i never "look" for girls to start dating... i just go out and you usually end up meeting someone... when you are actually looking you never really find someone..

3rdCoast
01-09-2005, 01:01 PM
i meet girls at what a burger on grissom. i go there like at 2am and order my double burger and if shes hot then i holla at her. there is a fine ass black girl at taco bell on grissom too, shes my next project, i was too nervous to holla at her the first time.

red kryptonite
01-09-2005, 04:08 PM
i don't know you tpark, but if you go to bars or clubs or whatever..that is where you should look for girls. do you belong to a church singles group? if so, then yes, that is a place to look.

actually, i never "look" for girls to start dating... i just go out and you usually end up meeting someone... when you are actually looking you never really find someone..

depends what type of girl you're into. generally, the females that are regulars at those respective groups are quite diverse in how they carry themselves.

samikeyp
01-10-2005, 09:52 AM
i meet girls at what a burger on grissom. i go there like at 2am and order my double burger and if shes hot then i holla at her. there is a fine ass black girl at taco bell on grissom too, shes my next project, i was too nervous to holla at her the first time.

Guys still picking up girls at the Whataburger on Grissom......nice. Glad to know some things never change. :smokin

SequSpur
01-29-2005, 12:36 AM
http://img176.exs.cx/img176/905/butt3pr.jpg

Experiment2100
01-29-2005, 12:47 AM

Whataburger hires some hot girls. Almost everyone I go to has one.

whottt
01-29-2005, 01:28 AM
TPark, I just have one thing to say...

Why in the fuck did you give a Mario Elie jersey away?

3rdCoast
01-29-2005, 01:46 AM
theres a few gals at the burger king on tezel near grissom that will get it soon. they just dont know it yet.