PDA

View Full Version : Jack Johnson

Soul_Patch
02-06-2008, 12:29 PM
I dunno, i've been finding myself more and more into his music lately. At first the fact that he seem'd like such a "frat boy act" really turned me off, but his new CD is pretty damn good.

I think i can overlook his "college boy appeal"

What do you think?

midgetonadonkey
02-06-2008, 12:30 PM
I really dig all of his stuff. I just really got into it as well. The Mango Tree is my favorite album so far.

Evan
02-06-2008, 12:45 PM
I like him a lot...music always puts me in a good mood.

But his songs all tend to sound the same and once you have heard one cd you basically have heard them all.

02-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Sitting on my deck enjoying cedar planked slamon paired with grilled asparagus and red onion as well as mashed sweet potatoes, cold Warsteiner Dunkel in a frosted mug, chiminea full of blazing pinion pine and "Brushfire Fairytales" playing on the CD while I watch the sun set and the deer come out behind the back fence makes for a well spent evening.

johnsmith
02-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Sitting on my deck enjoying cedar planked slamon paired with grilled asparagus and red onion as well as mashed sweet potatoes, cold Warsteiner Dunkel in a frosted mug, chiminea full of blazing pinion pine and "Brushfire Fairytales" playing on the CD while I watch the sun set and the deer come out behind the back fence makes for a well spent evening.

Fag.

johnsmith
02-06-2008, 12:56 PM
^^^kidding

atxrocker
02-06-2008, 12:59 PM
been a fan for a while now..

Soul_Patch
02-06-2008, 01:00 PM

I feel the same way about sitting on the deck of my boat, just throwing out the first cast at about 7am on a calm sunny morning. This past saturday was just a fantastic day to be out on the water, didnt catch a single fish, but drinking beer, soaking up the sun and listening to this music really hit the spot.

Thunder Dan
02-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Not a big fan, but I would recommend Amos Lee, I think he has a better voice and the music is similar

MannyIsGod
02-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Why would you care about who likes the music? If you like it listen to it but not listening to someone because of who else likes them is pretty ridiculous.

MannyIsGod
02-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Sitting on my deck enjoying cedar planked slamon paired with grilled asparagus and red onion as well as mashed sweet potatoes, cold Warsteiner Dunkel in a frosted mug, chiminea full of blazing pinion pine and "Brushfire Fairytales" playing on the CD while I watch the sun set and the deer come out behind the back fence makes for a well spent evening.Man, You know how to enjoy life.

katyon6th
02-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Jack Johnson is the jam.

Been a fan since 2002.

Sorry Thunder Dan, I'm a fan of Amos Lee's as well but Jack > Amos. Ten fold.

CubanMustGo
02-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Jack Johnson? Dude must be 130 years old by now ...

http://www.pbs.org/unforgivableblackness/images/home_sigimage_top.jpg

Soul_Patch
02-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Why would you care about who likes the music? If you like it listen to it but not listening to someone because of who else likes them is pretty ridiculous.

Same reason people get turned off to The Dave Mathews Band i guess...

Like i said, i never really gave it a chance back when he was just becoming popular, more so because at that time i guess i was more concerned with image than substance...since then i have listened more and grown to like it quite a bit.

Anyway, he just released a new album yesterday...its pretty good if you havent heard it already.

Thunder Dan
02-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Jack Johnson is the jam.

Been a fan since 2002.

Sorry Thunder Dan, I'm a fan of Amos Lee's as well but Jack > Amos. Ten fold.

I just like Amos's voice better. I'm a rocker through and through. Here's a list of my favorite bands: AC/DC, Van Halen not Van Hagar, Skynyrd, and Def Lep

Same reason people get turned off to The Dave Mathews Band i guess...

:td

Soul_Patch
02-06-2008, 02:58 PM
I just like Amos's voice better. I'm a rocker through and through. Here's a list of my favorite bands: AC/DC, Van Halen not Van Hagar, Skynyrd, and Def Lep

^^ :lol :toast

Condemned 2 HelLA
02-06-2008, 03:00 PM

I thought that you all were talking about this guy here:

http://kings.nhl.com/team/app?page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8471677&service=page&tab=prf

:wtf

peewee's lovechild
02-06-2008, 04:40 PM
He's got some pretty good tunes.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-06-2008, 04:47 PM
For those who enjoy Jack Johnson, I'd suggest downloading some Matt Costa and The Beautiful Girls.

A couple bands i've really come to enjoy as of late

katyon6th
02-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Matt Costa is like Jack Johnson's little brother. Good tunes.

katyon6th
02-06-2008, 05:37 PM
I just like Amos's voice better. I'm a rocker through and through.

You know, I think I might like Amos' voice better also. The thing with Jack is, though, he's got style. The dude performs with no shoes on and sings with his eyes close. Style and soul.

:spin

Thunder Dan
02-06-2008, 11:12 PM
You know, I think I might like Amos' voice better also. The thing with Jack is, though, he's got style. The dude performs with no shoes on and sings with his eyes close. Style and soul.

:spin

yeah Amos has an awesome voice but only like 3 or 4 good songs. JJ is more steady across the board. Amos is like Poison and JJ is like Bon Jovi

T Park
02-07-2008, 02:14 AM
In Between Dreams was a solid to good album, but Sleep through the Static seems a tad more electric than the mostly acoustic BD.

Great stuff though Jack Johnson, a pleasure to listen to a very talented guitarist with a good voice.

bostonguy
02-07-2008, 02:31 AM
Jack Johnson is amazing music. I NEVER get tired of listening to his stuff! Badass artist.

polandprzem
02-07-2008, 02:56 AM

That what I thought when I saw this thread.

Damn business in boxing :pctoss

J.T.
02-07-2008, 04:45 AM
Jack Johnson is okay. Not the kind of sound I usually listen to, but he's not bad. I've actually been playing some of Johnny Rzeznik's stuff lately (mostly later GGD) and it's pretty cool. I always have a deeper appreciation for a guitarist after I learn how to play his style, maybe I should get some JJ music and give it a shot. Some of his stuff sounds like it would be fun to play.

T Park
02-07-2008, 01:16 PM
JT,

I agree, from what little of the guitar I've learned, I've found you can pick out the acoustic guitar in music, and since Jack Johnson plays alot of his music exclusively with the acoustic and its semi vocals and acoustic and some background, its a real appreciation for his talents.

Evan
02-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Just got his new CD. He changed things up a bit...I like it a lot. Kind of grew up a little.

LakerMagic
02-28-2008, 12:47 PM
I am a fan!

ATRAIN
02-28-2008, 12:59 PM
I "obtained" his cd's and I like what I hear, I do have to be in the mellow mood though. Any Wilco fans here?

Evan
02-28-2008, 12:59 PM
wilco is so so.

drunkendan
02-28-2008, 03:43 PM
O.A.R. has a pretty laid back vibe as well.

MrChug
02-28-2008, 04:39 PM
He's got good stuff but I have to admit, being a boxing fan that he went with a well known stage name. One of the first great, dominant heavyweights in boxing history.