PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Game: Shaq & Marion

Ghost Writer
02-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Because I need to know...

If either Marion or Shaq made the team, what would happen now that they are in different conferences?

Question.

Dex
02-06-2008, 01:24 PM
The universe would collapse upon itself.

AZLouis
02-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Because I need to know...

If either Marion or Shaq made the team, what would happen now that they are in different conferences?

Question.

Neither did. So it doesn't matter.

FromWayDowntown
02-06-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm not sure if that's ever happened. i would think that if either was voted to start, he would be placed on the other conference's roster and the league would allow a one-time exception for each conference to have 13 players on the roster. The same might be true if the traded player made the team via coaches vote, but I'd also think it would be much easier in that circumstance to say that he wasn't voted in by the new conference's coaches and, therefore, is not an all-star.

Ghost Writer
02-06-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure if that's ever happened. i would think that if either was voted to start, he would be placed on the other conference's roster and the league would allow a one-time exception for each conference to have 13 players on the roster. The same might be true if the traded player made the team via coaches vote, but I'd also think it would be much easier in that circumstance to say that he wasn't voted in by the new conference's coaches and, therefore, is not an all-star.
Good thinking...

They could also just keep the rosters as status-quo, because the player earned his trip for that particular conference.

When Ray Allen went from MIL to SEA, was he named to the Eastern All-Star? I thought this happened to him. I am probably making this up.

FromWayDowntown
02-06-2008, 01:52 PM
When Ray Allen went from MIL to SEA, was he named to the Eastern All-Star? I thought this happened to him. I am probably making this up.

Allen was traded from Milwaukee to Seattle on 2/20/03. The 2003 All-Star game had been played about 10 days earlier, and Ray wasn't an All-Star that season.

Kahn Souphanousinphone
02-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Neither did. So it doesn't matter.

Kinda of like the Suns winning the championship

Stupid Redneck

FromWayDowntown
02-06-2008, 01:55 PM
some of ya'll just never miss a chance . . . .

Ghost Writer
02-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Allen was traded from Milwaukee to Seattle on 2/20/03. The 2003 All-Star game had been played about 10 days earlier, and Ray wasn't an All-Star that season.
Ah.

I think Bartolo Colon was traded in the MLB after being named to the All Star team in the other League...

bigfundamental21
02-07-2008, 01:48 AM
The player would still play in the All-Star game even if it would mean having a 13 man roster. Since this has never happened, I am not sure if they would then add players to the other conference's roster to even it out or keep their roster at 12.