PDA

View Full Version : Rebounding

Fattmac78
02-06-2008, 02:01 PM
When we play teams with rebounding like Denver, we can beat them but we give them to many 2nd chance points! So what im saying is that we got enough 3pt shooters! We are in need for BANGING in the paint bodies! Enough of the bigs that can shoot the long ball. This is not Europe!! What happens when Tim shoot an miss, everybody turn and run the other way! I love Oberto but he can not hold Stoudmaire or Shaq in rebounding. We can pretty much hang with anyone else. :fro

Bruno
02-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Spurs are the best defensive rebounding team in the league.

I'm not sure of that but I think that, if Spurs continue at the same pace, they will become the best defensive rebounding team of the NBA history (at least the recent one).

Manu's Bald Spot
02-06-2008, 02:35 PM
You're right, we are the best defensive rebounding club in the NBA now (not sure about the best in NBA history). We're decent in offensive rebounding, but that's mainly because we're more into getting back on D. IMO, getting set on D and making sure the other team only gets one shot at their basket every possession is the most important thing for us.

ancestron
02-06-2008, 04:10 PM
The spurs seem to be going into Duncan more in the last few games, looking for more penetration off pick and rolls, getting back to that good offensive execution we saw from them in the playoffs last year. they don't seem to be settling for so many 3's, which is a good thing because then they give up less rebounds. I think Oberto is a superb rebounder and put back man on the offensive end, and defensively Duncan can own just about anyone on the boards when he wants to.
I don't see rebounding being a big problem down the stretch.