PDA

View Full Version : Did the Lakers/Suns rivalry just get better?

Fillmoe
02-06-2008, 03:12 PM
:lol :lol

KOBE!

greatest player alive

LakeShow
02-06-2008, 03:16 PM
The Suns are our Bitches! Scared Bitches at that!

:fro

samikeyp
02-06-2008, 03:16 PM
The drama level just increased x10.

Fillmoe
02-06-2008, 03:46 PM
ancient

DazedAndConfused
02-06-2008, 04:03 PM
damn the Suns might be older than the Spurs now

Xylus
02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
In 2004-2005, Nash's first year back with the Suns, Phoenix had the youngest team in the league. With the addition of Shaquille, I believe we're now the oldest (or easily 2nd oldest).

And this current Laker squad will be the Suns' bitches until they eliminate Phoenix in the playoffs.

To the answer the question, though... yes, the rivalry just skyrocketed. I can't think of a better way to solidify the rivalry than to add Shaquille O'Neal to a team that the Lakers already hate (a team that's beaten them two years in a row). With the Lakers' new acquisitions and Bynum's emergence, it's going to be a great, great game every time they meet. Can't fucking wait.

Fuck the Lakers.

DazedAndConfused
02-06-2008, 04:13 PM
This current Laker squad will mop the floor with PHX if they meet in the playoffs.

The fact that the Suns traded Marion for Shaq proves how scared shitless they are of the Lakers. In fact if I told you during the offseason that Marion would be moved for Shaq you'd prob. die of laughter.

LakeShow
02-06-2008, 04:14 PM
In 2004-2005, Nash's first year back with the Suns, Phoenix had the youngest team in the league. With the addition of Shaquille, I believe we're now the oldest (or easily 2nd oldest).

And this current Laker squad will be the Suns' bitches until they eliminate Phoenix in the playoffs.

The suns will always be the lakers Scared bitches until they get off the goose egg for titles won!

alamo50
02-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Was there a Suns/Faker rivalry?

Medvedenko
02-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Until we advance further or beat the Suns in the playoffs, the suns are better. Now adding Shaq (who's good buddies with Kobe now) will add to the drama no doubt.

stretch
02-06-2008, 05:07 PM
With the Lakers' new acquisitions and Bynum's emergence, it's going to be a great, great game every time they meet.

It will be for Laker fans, as they will wax the Suns' asses with ease, as will the rest of the elite teams in the league. This was a TERRIBLE trade for Phoenix.

Shred
02-06-2008, 05:53 PM
It will be for Laker fans, as they will wax the Suns' asses with ease, as will the rest of the elite teams in the league. This was a TERRIBLE trade for Phoenix.

Mavs fans know terrible playoff basketball.

endrity
02-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Not as much as the Suns. When did you exactly beat the Spurs?

RonMexico
02-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Was there a Suns/Faker rivalry?

Yeah, dating back to the 70's. It's not just a team rivalry, but a city and state rivarly too.

RonMexico
02-06-2008, 06:08 PM

stretch: "can't win without interior defense or rebounding"

Suns get a guy who fills both those voids.

stretch: "turrrable, just turrable."

Findog
02-06-2008, 06:10 PM

Who the fuck are you to talk about terrible playoff basketball, Sunfan? Last time I checked, your team (Nash-Marion-Amare) never went as far as ours did. At least when the Mavs lost, they didn't bite pillows and whine about how unfwair it was.

Obstructed_View
02-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Who the fuck are you to talk about terrible playoff basketball, Sunfan? Last time I checked, your team (Nash-Marion-Amare) never went as far as ours did. At least when the Mavs lost, they didn't bite pillows and whine about how unfwair it was.
:lmao The Mavericks set the standard for whining about how unfair it was.

Obstructed_View
02-06-2008, 06:13 PM
And the answer to the original question is yes. The rivalry just got kicked up a notch.

bostonguy
02-06-2008, 06:17 PM
During the Nash era, this is not a rivalry. Both teams have to beat the other in the playoffs for it to be called that. It is just alot of hate but it's not a rivalry. Now if the Lakers beat the Suns in May, then this becomes a rivalry. This trade is a huge risk the Suns are taking. I would say the Spurs and Lakers will decide who is coming out of the west this year.

Obstructed_View
02-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Division teams can be rivals. Playoff matchups just make the rivalry better.

Findog
02-06-2008, 06:20 PM
:lmao The Mavericks set the standard for whining about how unfair it was.

Bullshit they did. Whatever might have been said in the locker room, they didn't fail to give the Heat credit for winning that series or keep going on and on months later about how unfair it was that the League was out to get them. And there was no whining about being outplayed by the Warriors. Seriously, Cuban is not Hitler. You might want to try rationality and reason some time.

LakeShow
02-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Rivalry in the Nash era and the Lakers rebuilding era, wtf? The Lakers HAVE beaten the Suns before in the Playoffs and lead the series in the playoffs. They are our Bitches! Little Scary ass bitches at that!

BonnerDynasty
02-06-2008, 06:58 PM
I wanted to watch a first round Suns/Lakers matchup again just for the Jackson/D'Antonio fights.

But now, Wow. Can't wait and hoping it is the first round (doubt it).

Matchman
02-06-2008, 08:43 PM
What rivalry? Suns won both playoff series. It a one-side domination until the Lakers beat the Suns. The LA vs Boston IS a rivalry, tho.

Obstructed_View
02-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Bullshit they did. Whatever might have been said in the locker room, they didn't fail to give the Heat credit for winning that series or keep going on and on months later about how unfair it was that the League was out to get them. And there was no whining about being outplayed by the Warriors. Seriously, Cuban is not Hitler. You might want to try rationality and reason some time.
Okay, dipshit. Dwayne Wade has been treated with the respect he deserves by Maverick fans. Sports talk radio in Dallas doesn't suggest that Dallas got screwed by the refs or suggest that any of Wade's trips to the foul line were less than legitimate. That the Suns fans are the worst whiners in history doesn't change the fact that Mavericks fans are second.

remingtonbo2001
02-06-2008, 09:46 PM
This current Laker squad will mop the floor with PHX if they meet in the playoffs.

The fact that the Suns traded Marion for Shaq proves how scared shitless they are of the Lakers. In fact if I told you during the offseason that Marion would be moved for Shaq you'd prob. die of laughter.

:rolleyes

Avitus1
02-06-2008, 10:26 PM
It just got down graded.

himat
02-06-2008, 10:36 PM
I hope they meet in the first round, but that probably won't happen. Again the WC playoffs are going to be insane. In the East it is most likely going to be Boston and Detroit with Cleveland as a darkhorse.

Findog
02-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Okay, dipshit. Dwayne Wade has been treated with the respect he deserves by Maverick fans. Sports talk radio in Dallas doesn't suggest that Dallas got screwed by the refs or suggest that any of Wade's trips to the foul line were less than legitimate. That the Suns fans are the worst whiners in history doesn't change the fact that Mavericks fans are second.

I didn't say anything about Mav fans. I'm saying the Mavericks themselves comported themselves with class after both those series. The Suns still whine and complain about how the Spurs and the league were out to get them.

As for this Mavs fan and his take on Dwyane Wade, Game Five was officiated poorly. There are three other Miami wins in that series that can't be blamed on anybody but Miami outplaying Dallas.

And Spurs fans of course were quick to credit the Mavs and not whine about the officiating. :rolleyes All fanbases pretty much behave the same.

anakha
02-07-2008, 03:07 AM
stretch: "can't win without interior defense or rebounding"

Suns get a guy who fills both those voids.

stretch: "turrrable, just turrable."

Dunno about the rebounding, considering O'Neal's stats this year compared to Marion's. Rebounding-wise, it seems like a lateral move at best.

Interior defense? O'Neal's certainly a sizeable presence inside, but effort-wise, he's looked mostly off this year. Hopefully, he can at least bring some energy now that he's been traded.