PDA

View Full Version : The Official " Let's see it Horry wakes up in the playoffs " thread

lefty
02-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Horry had a good game vs Wizards tonight.

However, some members are still convinced he's done.:)

Personally, I don't think so. For God's sake, the man had clutch shots vs Denver during the 2007 playoffs; not a long time ago...

Trust me, I'm not juming on a banwagon here because of tonight's game; I just happen to know that Rob is another man during the playoffs.

Sure, he is shooting like 0.0005 % this season, but I'm still convinced he'll be big for us in the postseason; again.

It would be interesting to keep this thread alive until the playoffs.

Dex
02-06-2008, 10:21 PM
If Horry has just been playing possum, he's been doing a damn good job of it.

That being said, I hope the man has one more playoff run left in him. Or I hope we don't have to learn that he doesn't the hard way.

The rest of the League will never see it coming.

duncan228
02-06-2008, 10:32 PM
I think it's just taken Horry longer this year to begin his springtime thaw.

He was out on personal time to start the season, it just seems like he took a long time to begin to feel his way.

We saw a little thawing tonight, I'm sure we'll see more.

I have faith in Horry that he stayed with this team because he thought he could still contribute to help them try to repeat. He didn't stay at his age with all these miles on him for the hell of it. The NBA season is a grind. He had to want it, he had to know that he had something left to bring to the table.

And besides anything he can give on the court, it shouldn't be under-estimated what he brings to the locker room.
A winning, seasoned veteren who has always made the playoffs. That leadership should be valued.

Matchman
02-06-2008, 10:32 PM
The Clutchness he got from Clutch City is still in him, DONT EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE HEART OF A CHAMPION!

http://www.clutchfans.net/images/profiles/Robert_Horry.jpg

lefty
02-06-2008, 11:31 PM
The Clutchness he got from Clutch City is still in him, DONT EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE HEART OF A CHAMPION!

We know, we know :lol

:toast to the 94-95 Rockets

T Park
02-06-2008, 11:33 PM
I've been saying this since day 1.

lefty
02-06-2008, 11:34 PM
I've been saying this since day 1.

Me too. :toast

baseline bum
02-06-2008, 11:35 PM

I didn't know Rob played in the pajama era. Great to see him showing some signs of life. He's a vital cog to this team with no more Nesterovic or Mohammed.

nkdlunch
02-06-2008, 11:55 PM
he's snoozing it for now

exstatic
02-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Uh, it wasn't just tonight. He played well last night, too. He canned a 3 pointer in each game, and I think what got him going was one play when he was at the top of the circle against the Pacers. He just took one dribble inside the arc, and railed about a 20 footer. That seemed to get him going. He did it again vs. the Wiz tonight. His big man passing skilz are probably in the top 5 in the league.

timvp
02-07-2008, 12:07 AM
He just took one dribble inside the arc, and railed about a 20 footer.Good point :tu

Horry has been using that 20 foot jumper at the top of the key to get him going. It looks like a much easier shot for Horry, especially when he enters cold into a game.

When he gets rolling, Horry is still the second best big on the team. Even if he's just average, he's still better and more dependable than Elson or Bonner.

J.T.
02-07-2008, 12:12 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65695

We might be needing to expand to the 2-disc set soon :smokin

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Two good games in a row, and I'm as happy as anyone to see it after he looked done (a step slow, bad decisions, no hope on offence) the previous 20 or so. His D has been particularly good, and in these two games he hasn't forced passes or shots as he has been doing (except that open 3 with 15 secs on the clock with under two minutes to go which I still think was ill-advised... so shoot me).

One thing still concerns me though, and that's his courtspeed/conditioning. He looks very tired out there most of the time.

Anyway, I hope the improvement continues. I'll be glad to be proven wrong if he comes up big for us down the stretch.

As for your constant needling of me about Horry, T Park, you stuck by him on FAITH, fine, but until the last couple of games he looked totally done, and it wasn't his usual regular season apathy. He looked gone - a step slow for the league, and a liability on the court. That is undeniable. I don't go on faith, I use reason. Good on you for sticking by him, but get the fuck out of my grill about it, k?

T Park
02-07-2008, 12:52 AM
but get the fuck out of my grill about it, k?

Someone is feeling guilty.

BonnerDynasty
02-07-2008, 01:07 AM
As long as he can play that big play defense come playoff time, I don't give a shit if he never makes another shot again.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Guilty, not at all, because the whole time I said I hope I'm wrong and I still do. Go back and take a look. I hope his resurgence continues.

To the contrary, I'm just sick of your self-righteous crap.

Weren't you the guy who gave up on the Spurs during a championship run, and vowed to leave ST if we won, which we did... but you welched? Who's the fool then? Go back to your hole.

T Park
02-07-2008, 01:20 AM
To the contrary, I'm just sick of your self-righteous crap.

God lighten up its a basketball game for godsake.

Weren't you the guy who gave up on the Spurs during a championship run, and vowed to leave ST if we won, which we did... but you welched? Who's the fool then? Go back to your hole.

Wow new material.

If you think everytime I bring up Horry, its aimed at you?

Well I don't know what to tell you other than, don't flatter yourself.

I reference every single person that has "demanded" Horry retire, be benched, quit, or be traded.

Lighten up Ruff, being all huffy doesn't wear well on you.

T Park
02-07-2008, 01:22 AM
As long as he can play that big play defense come playoff time, I don't give a shit if he never makes another shot again.

I wouldn't go that far, his jumper is still needed.

Tonight though his D in that second half was damn good.

The one play that sticks out is I think Stevenson was outside of the 3 point line and he closed in on him quickly and Stevenson used up about 6 seconds of the shot clock trying to pass throwing it to Jamison to wich the refs bailed out with a BS foul.

Horry not only looked good two nights in a row, but a back to back.
Dude last year wasn't even PLAYING on the second night of back to backs.

TDMVPDPOY
02-07-2008, 01:22 AM
this only shows he has increase his stock

i think we can trade him for lebronze now

timvp
02-07-2008, 01:27 AM
Everybody on the forum has given up on Robert Horry at one point or another. I gave up on him after he sucked against the Lakers in 2004. Even whottt, the biggest Horry fan I know, was throwing Horry under the bus before the playoffs last season by saying Horry wouldn't and shouldn't be on the team this season.

If you have a pulse and watch enough Spurs games, you are going to give up on Robert Horry at least once. It's just the way it is.

I bet I could do a search and find posts where T Park gave up on Horry ...

*searches*

Id trade Horry for Tskitsvili.

I think hes got quite a bit of potential.

Bring him in.

Karl Malone >>>>>>> Massenburg + Horry

The hate the people on this forum have for him is borderline inane.

Yeah, it doesn't appear as if T Park has always been the #1 Horry fan.

T Park
02-07-2008, 01:29 AM
I've also seen you offer him up for Udonis Haslem.

Yeah, it doesn't appear as if T Park has always been the #1 Horry fan.

Don't wanna bother researching in the summer of 03 who was one of the biggest supporters of bringing IN Robert Horry do ya?

Nah that wouldn't fit your cheap shot.

sabar
02-07-2008, 01:36 AM
I've never given up on Horry but I'd still trade him for Haslem. Yeah deep down I'd like to be a hardcore loyalist and never change the roster, but some offers are too good to pass.

Now Elson... there's a guy I think everyone has given up on. Is anyone expecting him to wake up? Nazr v2.

polandprzem
02-07-2008, 01:40 AM
I want to ask you gys who watched the game.
Is Horry still looking like he has a rust on him? And what about his condition? Is he tired after few sprints? And how about his energy on D? His D is the most important in his game

thanks in advance.

btw. fluke on the road?

timvp
02-07-2008, 01:41 AM
I've also seen you offer him up for Udonis Haslem.Yeah, anyone would trade Robert Horry for Udonis Haslem. Or at least I hope so.

Don't wanna bother researching in the summer of 03 who was one of the biggest supporters of bringing IN Robert Horry do ya?

Nah that wouldn't fit your cheap shot.1) It's not a cheap shot. Everyone has said bad things about Horry. I dare any long time poster to stand up and say they've never given up or gotten frustrated with Horry. The only way a Spurs fan won't get pissed at Horry sometimes during the regular season is if said Spurs fan didn't watch any games.

2) I was all for picking up Horry. I thought it was a great move. I gave up on him after he got scared of Shaq and choked against the Lakers ... I'll admit to that. But no Spurs fan is immune to not giving up on Horry at some point.

T Park
02-07-2008, 01:41 AM
Now Elson... there's a guy I think everyone has given up on. Is anyone expecting him to wake up? Nazr v2.

No hes done.

Shame he couldn't be traded out for a Kurt Thomas.

HE would be perfect right now...

T Park
02-07-2008, 01:43 AM
1) It's not a cheap shot. Everyone has said bad things about Horry. I dare any long time poster to stand up and say they've never given up or gotten frustrated with Horry. The only way a Spurs fan won't get pissed at Horry sometimes during the regular season is if said Spurs fan didn't watch any games.

2) I was all for picking up Horry. I thought it was a great move. I gave up on him after he got scared of Shaq and choked against the Lakers ... I'll admit to that. But no Spurs fan is immune to not giving up on Horry at some point.

I never said either that I NEVER gave up on him.

All I said was, I have been one of his few supporters last year and this year combined.

He proved to me in 05 and last year that he can play bad all season and still rise to the occasion.

Once again, i never said i never gave up on, hell I thought he was toast after 04 as well.

I was wrong then and I freely admitted it.

timvp
02-07-2008, 01:48 AM
I've never given up on Horry

What happened from last year? We are using 2 centers that are worse than Nazr/Rasho, we have a vet backup PG worse than Nick the Quick, Beno's FG% somehow dropped 10%, Horry and Finley's FG% from 2pt and 3pt land has dropped 6%. Beno is fat and doesn't care, Horry is old and Finley is streaky.

At this point I would trade Beno/Horry/Finley/Scola/Oberto/Vaughn/Williams for Artest and dress up Butler and White for the rest of the season.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1446159&postcount=62

Not possible, I'm tellin' ya. Every Spurs fan has given up on Horry at one time or another.

T Park
02-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Hell I think theres times this year where Horry might have given up on Horry.

ancestron
02-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Horry's done. I give up on him.

m33p0
02-07-2008, 10:05 AM

Ghost Writer
02-07-2008, 10:11 AM
The thing you need to do is understand who Horry is as a player.

Duncan said it best. Horry dogs it all year and shows up for big shots in the playoffs.

Don't expect him to be a big contributor now.

He's like a specialized weapon off the bench in the playoffs.

urunobili
02-07-2008, 11:39 AM
find ONE post of me trashing Horry and i will never post again on this site...

Matchman
02-07-2008, 11:42 AM
If you guys are done with Horry can you give him to use for free? We need clutch shooting and experience

ancestron
02-07-2008, 04:04 PM
I was just kidding.

duncan228
02-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Duncan said it best. (From the Express-News)

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86569

Asked if it was time to get excited about the possibility of Horry's re-emergence, Duncan knowingly laughed and shook his head.

"It's way too early," he said, "to start getting excited about Rob."

lefty
02-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Horry 13 pts vs Knicks.

He's heating up to soon

Yuixafun
02-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Remember that stupid dunk he had in the playoffs where he damn near dislocated his shoulder.

-chills-

missmyzte
02-08-2008, 11:18 PM
If you guys are done with Horry can you give him to use for free? We need clutch shooting and experience
No thanks, Houston had their chance with Horry and gave him away.

milkyway21
02-08-2008, 11:45 PM
No thanks, Houston had their chance with Horry and gave him away. :clap Misty!!

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-09-2008, 12:33 AM
I love me some Horry.

Phenomanul
02-09-2008, 01:32 AM
I was laughing at all those trade proposals over the last few days that included Horry's contract....

whottt
02-09-2008, 02:16 AM
Not possible, I'm tellin' ya. Every Spurs fan has given up on Horry at one time or another.

False.

TampaDude
02-09-2008, 02:19 AM
Don't worry...Big Shot Rob has a few more daggers left in his pocket... :hat

whottt
02-09-2008, 02:22 AM
Everybody on the forum has given up on Robert Horry at one point or another. I gave up on him after he sucked against the Lakers in 2004. Even whottt, the biggest Horry fan I know, was throwing Horry under the bus before the playoffs last season by saying Horry wouldn't and shouldn't be on the team this season.

If you have a pulse and watch enough Spurs games, you are going to give up on Robert Horry at least once. It's just the way it is.

I bet I could do a search and find posts where T Park gave up on Horry ...

*searches*

Absolutely false...Horry said at one point last season that he was going to retire...the statements you contrued to be me giving up on Horry were in fact statements about what to do with the option year on his contract to best benefit the team...like we did with Danny Ferry.

I've never speculated on if Horry has it or doesn't....because I don't feel I have too....I've always figured Horry to be the type that will let us know that.

Sorry but I've never judged Horry by stats...you've done that, that's what everyone does that leads to them giving up on him.

Me? I remember the guy not doing shit for all of game 1 of the 95 WCF...except hitting the game winner.

Matter of fact...I actually like it when Horry's playing poorly...because that's usually when teams forget about him and he does most of his damage.

timvp
02-09-2008, 02:46 AM
Absolutely false...Horry said at one point last season that he was going to retire...the statements you contrued to be me giving up on Horry were in fact statements about what to do with the option year on his contract to best benefit the team...like we did with Danny Ferry. :lol

Don't hurt yourself back peddling.

I've never speculated on if Horry has it or doesn't....because I don't feel I have too....I've always figured Horry to be the type that will let us know that.Holy crap I found my SpursTalk version of the Holy Grail. Evidence that at one point in time whottt gave up on Horry.

I've looked for this for years ever since Horry owned me in the 2005 playoffs and whottt never let me forget that ownage. Now it appears that Horry also owned whottt. I present you with this thread:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11566

:elephant timvp is officially off the hook.

whottt
02-09-2008, 02:59 AM
You aren't off the hook....I was pissed off...

A. Because Malik just got traded.

B. Because he was whining like a bitch.

And I've never liked his play against the Lakers.

And I've always like Malik's play against the Lakers.

You act like just because I like a player it's ok with me for them to whine...

whottt
02-09-2008, 03:00 AM
:lol

Don't hurt yourself back peddling.

He said he was going to retire.

whottt
02-09-2008, 03:01 AM
IF it makes you feel better...if Horry starts whining again I'll be ready to kick his ass to the curb again...

timvp
02-09-2008, 03:03 AM
I've never speculated on if Horry has it or doesn't

I really don't want to hear Horry whining about minutes after the gutwrenching Rose trade.

I dunno I think that there may be something to the talk that Horry is done. He has choked two years in a row..Now he's talking like a choker. For the first time I would support getting rid of Horry. He's not only done his whining has to be hurting the team.

DRob's presence is missed maybe.

PWNT.

whottt
02-09-2008, 03:18 AM
Not PWNT...dude.

I wasn't making the judgement because of his play....I was making it because he was whining about minutes days after Malik was traded...you get the difference don't you?

It's not the same thing...he was showing signs of turning cancerous...I won't hardly ever give a player a free pass to do that...after all, I'm not an AJ fan :tu

timvp
02-09-2008, 03:26 AM
I wasn't making the judgement because of his play

I would support getting rid of Horry. He's done

Your reign of terror is over. Don't try to whine .......... like Horry.

Welcome to the rest of the known Spurs fandom universe where we have all thought Horry was done at one point or another. Make yourself at home :tu

ChumpDumper
02-09-2008, 03:33 AM
To be fair, I was just about to start a thread entitled "Is Horry Done?" a couple of days ago.

Even if I thought he was I probably wouldn't trade him. Just in case.

whottt
02-09-2008, 03:43 AM
Your reign of terror is over. Don't try to whine .......... like Horry

Welcome to the rest of the known Spurs fandom universe where we have all thought Horry was done at one point or another. Make yourself at home :tu

Who are you trying to convince, you, or me?

It's not the same thing. The impetus for my comments had almost nothing to do with his play and everything to do with what I percieved to be comments detrimental to the team....not to mention being upset about the Malik Rose trade.

Not the same thing...not the same basis for judgement, and not the same judgement.

timvp
02-09-2008, 03:54 AM
To be fair, I was just about to start a thread entitled "Is Horry Done?" a couple of days ago.Who hasn't had such a thought?

Who are you trying to convince, you, or me?

It's not the same thing. The impetus for my comments had almost nothing to do with his play and everything to do with what I percieved to be comments detrimental to the team....not to mention being upset about the Malik Rose trade.

Not the same thing...not the same basis for judgement, and not the same judgement.:rolleyes

Everyone can read what you wrote. You said he was a choker. You said he was done. And you said you wanted him traded.

What more do you want as proof that you gave up on Horry?

The reign of terror has ended.

whott's reign of terror
R.I.P.
June 2005-February 2008

whottt
02-09-2008, 04:25 AM
Everyone can read what you wrote. You said he was a choker. You said he was done. And you said you wanted him traded.

"yawn

What more do you want as proof that you gave up on Horry?

Um...how about a sentence where I am actually giving up on him...instead of a rant made right after a trade that pissed me off and what at the time I construed as possible cancerous activity.

You know..where he has a shitty game and I come on the forum and say he's done. Like you did...

You gave up on Horry because of his play...and you did it for a long term period...

I OTOH was pissed off about the Malik Rose trade and I didn't like his comments in that article. It had .0001% to do with his on court play and .9999% to do with the whole rolling eyes thing in that article. And you know it...

And even the part where I do speculate that he might be done...I preface with "may be the talk is right".

Hardly an ultimate judgment as you yourself rendered many times...hardly what you claim.

Me? I was pissed off about the Malik Rose trade...

You? You gave up on him.

And btw...I still think Malik Rose should have gotten more minutes against LA, I still think that trade was pretty much a bad one that possibly cost us a repeat in 06, and I'm still not a big fan of Horry playing against Shaq or the Lakers. I never was...not from the day we signed him. I always liked Malik better against LA and Shaq...

Whisky Dog
02-09-2008, 04:27 AM
I've never doubted that in a big game Horry is one of the three Spurs I'd want taking the 3 at the buzzer. I've never really thought about him being done or not because I pretty much only think about his value or lack thereof based on what he does in the playoffs. He's Dennis Eck. He's the closer.

Whisky Dog
02-09-2008, 04:29 AM
"yawn

Um...how about a sentence where I am actually giving up on him...instead of a rant made right after a trade that pissed me off and what at the time I construed as possible cancerous activity.

You know..where he has a shitty game and I come on the forum and say he's done. Like you did...

You gave up on Horry because of his play...and you did it for a long term period...

I OTOH was pissed off about the Malik Rose trade and I didn't like his comments in that article. It had .0001% to do with his on court play and .9999% to do with the whole rolling eyes thing in that article. And you know it...

And even the part where I do speculate that he might be done...I preface with "may be the talk is right".

Hardly an ultimate judgment as you yourself rendered many times...hardly what you claim.

And btw...I still think Malik Rose should have gotten more minutes against LA, I still think that trade was pretty much a bad one that possibly cost us a repeat in 06, and I'm still not a big fan of Horry playing against Shaq or the Lakers. I never was...not from the day we signed him. I always liked Malik better against LA and Shaq...

Dude, you gave up on Horry in that statement.

You need to take a lesson from Kenny Rogers.

timvp
02-09-2008, 04:53 AM
http://www.lafferty.ca/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/fail-24.jpg

True. Don't feel too bad. All reigns come to an end eventually.

whottt
02-09-2008, 05:02 AM
Dude, you gave up on Horry in that statement.

You need to take a lesson from Kenny Rogers.

Did you read the entire thread? Hell did you read even the entire post he was quoting?

What part of "I dunno, may be the talk about Horry being done is right"

You need take a lesson from the dictionary...find out what "may" and "be" mean....

whottt
02-09-2008, 05:05 AM
True. Don't feel too bad. All reigns come to an end eventually.

Hilarious...

timvp
02-09-2008, 05:08 AM
http://www.ericdsnider.com/images/fail.jpg You admitted he choked. You wanted him traded.

You lost. I lost too because I somehow didn't stumble upon that thread until now. I let you talk trash for more than two years just because I didn't search for "horry choked".

Consider those 2+ years a gift. :tu

whottt
02-09-2008, 05:18 AM
You admitted he choked. You wanted him traded.

False.

You lost.

False.

I lost too because I somehow didn't stumble upon that thread until now.

You've still lost on this one old foot...I could dig up several hundred quotes by you saying Horry was done, with no qualifiers, that weren't part of some secondary rant during an emotional response to the Malik Rose trade and possible cancerous activity on the part of Horry.

I let you talk trash for more than two years just because I didn't search for "horry choked".

LOL...saying he choked doesn't mean he's a choker.

I still don't want to rely on him heavily against LA, or against Shaq....in fact I said so just the other day.

Consider those 2+ years a gift. :tu

Consider yourself still owned on this issue...you lead the charge on Horry being done...I merely considered that the talk might be right during a moment of anger...the briefest of moments, and with a clear qualifier. Not the same thing. Not the same context...and not the same ultimate judgement.

timvp
02-09-2008, 05:28 AM
The words speak for themselves. People can read your post and figure out the truth. You can try to spin them three years later but you jumped off the Horry bandwagon. Anyone who wants proof can just go read it.

I will kinda miss you having something on me. It'll be an unfair fight now that you've been disarmed. You won't dare pull the Horry card in the future because I can own you just by linking to that thread. Without the Horry card, I don't know anything else you have on me.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Good luck and maybe you will own me on something else one day. And maybe that "something else" will be real ... unlike this three year charade.

Good luck :tu

whottt
02-09-2008, 05:38 AM
The words speak for themselves. People can read your post and figure out the truth.

The smart ones can...but then why would you want that? You want the ones that don't know what "may" means :tu

You can try to spin them three years later but you jumped off the Horry bandwagon. Anyone who wants proof can just go read it.

Ehh...hopefully they'll read the other posts in the thread and not just the two sentences you highlighted....

I will kinda miss you having something on me. It'll be an unfair fight now that you've been disarmed. You won't dare pull the Horry card in the future because I can own you just by linking to that thread. Without the Horry card, I don't know anything else you have on me.

Without a doubt...I know I can count on you to provide something else, Matt. :tu

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Good luck and maybe you will own me on something else one day. And maybe that "something else" will be real ... unlike this three year charade.

You do realize that I can bring up probably several hundred threads made immediately before, during and after that thread in which I defend Horry to prove you are full of it don't you? Including quite a few arguments with you...

Thanks...by the way, it's awesome that you no longer pass summary judgement on Horry based on regular season play, not even when he's shooting 10%...my battle was won long ago.

timvp
02-09-2008, 05:44 AM
The smart ones can...but then why would you want that? You want the ones that don't know what "may" means :tuYou want the ones that don't know what "done", "choke" or "trade" means. Good luck :tu

Ehh...hopefully they'll read the other posts in the thread and not just the two sentences you highlighted....
I linked the thread. I'd like to see someone not in the Mookie Crew come in this thread and say that you didn't give up on Horry.

Without a doubt...I know I can count on you to provide something else, Matt. :tuMatt > Luis sure is working out for you :tu

You do realize that I can bring up probably several hundred threads made immediately before, during and after that thread in which I defend Horry to prove you are full of it don't you? Including quite a few arguments with you...Yeah, I've already admitted being wrong about Horry. He proved the doubters wrong in the 2005 playoff run. But it's not like there's any shame in giving up on Horry. Show me a Spurs fan who says they haven't given up on Horry and I'll show you either a liar or a bandwagon fan.

Thanks...by the way, it's awesome that you no longer pass summary judgement on Horry based on regular season play, not even when he's shooting 10%...my battle was lost long ago.Fixed.

:lmao

whottt
02-09-2008, 06:00 AM
You want the ones that don't know what "done", "choke" or "trade" means. Good luck :tu

No...I want the ones that know what "may" means.

I linked the thread. I'd like to see someone not in the Mookie Crew come in this thread and say that you didn't give up on Horry.

Doesn't matter who comes in says what...I know what I was saying..and so do you. Hence our arguing about it for virtually all of that entire season.

Have no fear though...we both know the brown nose brigade is never too far away...right?

Matt > Luis sure is working out for you :tu

Not as good as even Matt VS Elson is working out for you.

Yeah, I've already admitted being wrong about Horry. He proved the doubters wrong in the 2005 playoff run.

How much you want to bet you can find me saying that he would..before it happened...probably within days of that post you consider to be the holy grail.

But it's not like there's any shame in giving up on Horry. Show me a Spurs fan who says they haven't given up on Horry and I'll show you either a liar or a bandwagon fan.

I never gave up on Horry...but I did get pissed off about the Malik trade...and Horry's comments in that article did piss me off...

I will admit I was wrong though...he wasn't whining about minutes...and re-reading that article I can't even figure out how I drew that conclusion. Must have been considering the wrong opinions "may" be relevant...happens, when they make hundreds of posts saying the same thing....

timvp
02-09-2008, 06:18 AM
No...I want the ones that know what "may" means. Re-reading that thread, you probably better hope that those people don't know what "right" means either :rollin

Doesn't matter who comes in says what...I know what I was saying..and so do you. Hence our arguing about it for virtually all of that entire season.You always claimed you never gave up on Horry. I found proof that you did. Game over.

Have no fear though...we both know the brown nose brigade is never too far away...right? Is that what you call the Mookie Crew these days?

Not as good as even Matt VS Elson is working out for you.:lol It sure is lonely on that Elson bandwagon, isn't it? If Elson plays like Horry did in the 2005 playoffs, you will once again have something on me.

How much you want to bet you can find me saying that he would..before it happened...probably within days of that post you consider to be the holy grail. Yeah, I'm sure you could. Doesn't matter, though. I just needed that one moment in time to prove that you also gave up on Horry. You can never pull the Horry card on me again.

I never gave up on HorryKeep telling yourself that. You don't even believe it. That's why you keep offering up links to where you ungave up on him. But you can keep your links. I finally found what I wanted.

I will admit I was wrong though...he wasn't whining about minutes...and re-reading that article I can't even figure out how I drew that conclusion. Must have been considering the wrong opinions "may" be relevant...happens, when they make hundreds of posts saying the same thing....How many excuses is that now? Just come clean.

Eh, scratch that. You don't need to come clean. The thread is right there for anyone to read. You can either admit it or keep denying it ... either way the evidence that you gave up on Horry sits there for everyone to see.

What you say now three years later can't change what you said three years ago. I can freely admit to being wrong. I thought perhaps you were the one Spurs fan who might not have given up on Horry.

I was wrong.

See how easy that is?

whottt
02-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Re-reading that thread, you probably better hope that those people don't know what "right" means either :rollin

You always claimed you never gave up on Horry. I found proof that you did. Game over.

I didn't give up on Horry...I got pissed off at Horry. There's a difference.

:lol It sure is lonely on that Elson bandwagon, isn't it? If Elson plays like Horry did in the 2005 playoffs, you will once again have something on me.

Um...link to me claiming Elson is as good as Horry?

Yeah, I'm sure you could. Doesn't matter, though. I just needed that one moment in time to prove that you also gave up on Horry. You can never pull the Horry card on me again.

False...in fact I can link to that same thread and show you getting owned by Horry...in addition to the many other selfownings you dispensed.

Seriouly...if that's your criteria you can never bring up anything on me again...

You also can't criticize Elson, or claim you knew he was going to be a bad player...since once you said you were wrong about him.

See how that works? Same logic.

Keep telling yourself that. You don't even believe it. That's why you keep offering up links to where you ungave up on him. But you can keep your links. I finally found what I wanted.

How many excuses is that now? Just come clean.

I am coming clean...

Eh, scratch that. You don't need to come clean. The thread is right there for anyone to read. You can either admit it or keep denying it ... either way the evidence that you gave up on Horry sits there for everyone to see.

Not to anyone that reads then thread...anyone that can read can tell that I wanted Horry to shut up.

What you say now three years later can't change what you said three years ago. I can freely admit to being wrong.

Sure it can...I said a lot of things 3 years ago...

I thought perhaps you were the one Spurs fan who might not have given up on Horry.

And you were right...

I was wrong. See how easy that is?

No...but I am going to bookmark this thread for future reference to the rules.

timvp
02-09-2008, 06:59 AM
I didn't give up on Horry...I got pissed off at Horry. There's a difference. Keep telling yourself that. Maybe by 2011 you will believe it.

Um...link to me claiming Elson is as good as Horry?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70348

PWNT.

False...in fact I can link to that same thread and show you getting owned by Horry...in addition to the many other selfownings you dispensed. I already admitted being wrong. How many times do I need to say that?

Not to anyone that reads then thread...anyone that can read can tell that I wanted Horry to be traded. True.

whottt
02-09-2008, 07:14 AM
Keep telling yourself that. Maybe by 2011 you will believe it.

This is really hilarious.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70348

PWNT.

Er..I don't suppose you have a link to a specific post ?

I already admitted being wrong.

That's not good enough.

How many times do I need to say that?

Until it becomes a habit :smokin

polandprzem
02-09-2008, 10:45 AM
So we already know that Horry will be productive in the playoffs?

http://www.psychceu.com/oz/ozlargecropmed.jpg

duncan228
02-09-2008, 11:04 AM
We have a good one going on between timvp and whottt.
I love this stuff. :)

polandprzem
02-09-2008, 12:20 PM
btw. Wizard if somebody did not understand

Whisky Dog
02-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Did you read the entire thread? Hell did you read even the entire post he was quoting?

What part of "I dunno, may be the talk about Horry being done is right"

You need take a lesson from the dictionary...find out what "may" and "be" mean....

I wasn't talking about the statement I quoted, I was talking about this statement that was brought up earlier in the thread:

I really don't want to hear Horry whining about minutes after the gutwrenching Rose trade.

I dunno I think that there may be something to the talk that Horry is done. He has choked two years in a row..Now he's talking like a choker. For the first time I would support getting rid of Horry. He's not only done his whining has to be hurting the team.

DRob's presence is missed maybe.

Let's take a look at this:
1) He (Horry) has choked two years in a row.
2) Now he's (Horry) talking like a choker.
3) I would support getting rid of Horry.
4) He's not only done(,) his whining has to be hurting the team.

If you refer to #4 and to that point in your quote you will notice that there is no "may" or "be" or "maybe" about it.

Speaks for itself.

"You gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them..."

T Park
02-09-2008, 01:33 PM
:lol @ whiskey jumpin in

myhc
02-09-2008, 04:06 PM
you know whott is grasping at straws when his whole argument rests on "may," "be," and the putrid "i wasn't giving up...i was just pissed" stance. whott loses. gotta admire the heart though. he's like the soldier that gets shot and as he's falling down squeezes the trigger one. more. time. i'd want you in my foxhole whott if that counts for anything.

Bruno
02-09-2008, 04:40 PM
This argument reminds me the Holy Grail scene with the fight against the black knight.

9RZ-hYPAMFQ

remingtonbo2001
02-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Show me a Spurs fan who says they haven't given up on Horry and I'll show you either a liar or a bandwagon fan.

Excuse Me? :ihit

I may have been critical of him, but I don't recall ever giving up on him.

I'm not a LIAR, nor am I bandwagon material.

I demand a retraction.

whottt
02-09-2008, 05:14 PM
I wasn't talking about the statement I quoted, I was talking about this statement that was brought up earlier in the thread:

Let's take a look at this:
1) He (Horry) has choked two years in a row.
2) Now he's (Horry) talking like a choker.
3) I would support getting rid of Horry.
4) He's not only done(,) his whining has to be hurting the team.

If you refer to #4 and to that point in your quote you will notice that there is no "may" or "be" or "maybe" about it.

Speaks for itself.

:lmao

No...the statement as whole speaks for itself...as does the fact that my entire stance was based on if he was whining about minutes...and even then, it began and ended with the prerequiste words to make it easily definable as a non-final statement.

I dunno, I think that there "may" "be"

and

Drob is missed "maybe"

"You gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them..."

Linear thought...use it, it's what makes us more than animals. :tu

whottt
02-09-2008, 05:18 PM
LOL, the funny thing is that timvp went too so much effort to convince you guys, and that's what this is about, convincing you, because he knows he's not going to convince me

The thing is...I dunno why he went to all the effort...all he's got to do is say the sky is green and a half dozen admin asskissers will immediately agree with him...and I'll remain just as unconvinced.

This is a huge joke...I post on this board because of Robert Horry as I was his chief defender on this board.

This is almost as funny as when he gets me glossed as a Drob hater...

Props timvp...round 16 million of "these aren't the droids you're looking for" goes to you...but your statement is still false. And I didn't give up on Horry.

And you said Horry was done about 15 thousand times after he was signed...no comparison.

Why not just delete all those posts if you don't want them brought up again?

ChumpDumper
02-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Now that I've met whottt, I can hear him calling people "old foot."

Joe Schmoogins
02-09-2008, 06:03 PM
We have a good one going on between timvp and whottt.
I love this stuff. :)

yah, timvp vs. whottt threads are the best

timvp
02-09-2008, 06:18 PM
LOL, the funny thing is that timvp went too so much effort to convince you guysConvince? All I need is that link. Since then I've just been celebrating. There's no convincing needed. All I need is that link and I win.

You bring up me bashing Horry and my response? A link to prove you were right there with me. Even if for one fleeting moment in time.

PWNT.

, and that's what this is about, convincing you, because he knows he's not going to convince meAnyone who has followed your posting career knows you aren't going to admit to being wrong. You are going to twist your own words when they are used against you, pull out the admin card, call people stupid and then meltdown.

Rinse. Repeat.

The thing is...I dunno why he went to all the effort...all he's got to do is say the sky is green and a half dozen admin asskissers will immediately agree with him...and I'll remain just as unconvinced. :rollin

whottt following his own routine. Next someone will come in, point out that you got owned and then you will call them stupid, say they can't read and perhaps break loose with a meltdown.

That's how a whottt-got-owned thread ends. Every time.

This is a huge joke...I post on this board because of Robert Horry as I was his chief defender on this board. Awwwwwwwww =(

But seriously, I do feel kinda bad for you. Your "I always believed in Robert Horry and you gave up on him" line was the one thing you had against me after all these years. Disarming you was awesome at the time but now I kinda wish I wouldn't have found that link.

I now know how Pop felt after the Lakers traded Shaq. At first you are happy because the reign of terror is over. But then you realize that beating a defenseless Lakers teams isn't nearly as fun.

With whottt rendered weaponless, I'm going to have to find a new adversary :depressed

This is almost as funny as when he gets me glossed as a Drob hater...You are usually in DRob's corner. Except that time you called him fat and that other time you defended Steve Javie's honor.

And I didn't give up on Horry.Keep telling yourself that.

And you said Horry was done about 15 thousand times after he was signed...no comparison.I said he was done after he choked in 2004 and was sucking during the 2005 season. You even admitted in that thread that Horry hadn't done anything to earn playing time in 2005. My main beef with him in 2005 was when he wasn't rebounding. As the season went on, his rebounding improved and I eventually got back into his corner.

But let the record clearly state that I was a huge proponent of signing Horry originally. I thought it was a great signing. And, IIRC, you came to SpursTalk at around that time because your former forum had banned you for thinking that Horry was a good signing.

Why not just delete all those posts if you don't want them brought up again?Because I can admit that I gave up on Horry just like every other Spurs fan. Even Pop has given up on Horry. I'm pretty sure even Horry has given up on Horry.

I thought you had only thrown Horry under the bus. But now that I found that thread, everyone can see that you also gave up on Horry. No convincing needed.

Just a link.

Whisky Dog
02-11-2008, 12:14 PM
:lol @ whiskey jumpin in

:lol I like to take shots at whottt every now and again just to see what he's going to say. It's somewhat entertaining.

lefty
02-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Horry has been moving well lately.

Is he in better shape or what ?