PDA

View Full Version : Laker Domination?

remingtonbo2001
02-06-2008, 11:17 PM
:wtf

What happened? 98-95 loss to the Hawks.
I thought Gasol was unstoppable, one of the best?
15/20 for Al Horford. A rookie?!?

But hey who needs defense? You got Pau Gasol!

Matchman
02-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Lakers fans: Kobe's finger, team needs time to gel, back-to-back against athletic team, bynum out, non-call on joe johnson for pushing away fisher (who just flopped on the previous possession to draw a bogus call)

although some of these are actually valid excuses

DazedAndConfused
02-06-2008, 11:52 PM
I won't blame the loss on Kobe (despite him shooting 1-10 in the 2nd half). Remington is actually right, it was the defense that cost us the game down the stretch.

That being said we never brought in Gasol to be our defensive anchor. This is a stopgap solution until Bynum gets back. Gasol was brought in to complete our offense, the way Bynum and Ariza complete our defense. What you are seeing right now is just a sneak peek at what the Laker team will look like when fully healthy.

Medvedenko
02-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Everyone take a deep breath...please....it's all going to work out. The dude needs to practise with the Lakers and we'll be fine. I didn't expect to win on a back to back with all of the adrenaline from last night, especially Pau who made a bunch of flights and got hardly any sleep. I love this team, just need time to gel and we'll allright. Kobe had a horrible shooting game and had a lot of shots rim out. He should be like Lebron and sit out 5 games because of a sprained finger on his non shooting hand. Kobe has a dislocated finger and is manning up and leading his team. Oh, well......

Roxsfan
02-07-2008, 01:37 AM
wow, big surprise.

DazedAndConfused
02-07-2008, 01:39 AM
I'm not worried at all. If we can go 6-3 or 7-2 on this road trip it will be a success in my opinion.

It's going to be the additions of Bynum AND Gasol that propel the Lakers to the next level. Right now we need Bynum's defense more than we need Gasol's offense.

batboy
02-07-2008, 01:44 AM
Everyone take a deep breath...please....it's all going to work out. The dude needs to practise with the Lakers and we'll be fine. I didn't expect to win on a back to back with all of the adrenaline from last night, especially Pau who made a bunch of flights and got hardly any sleep.

I am as big a Pau doubter as anyone, but I am going to sign this post. It was a back-to-back and Pau is in the middle of moving halfway accross the country.

Having said that, I believe that these numbers are probably closer to what he is going to put up, but you can't look at last night's performance as a sure sign of that given the circumstances.

JamStone
02-07-2008, 01:53 AM
Kobe really does have to be bothered by that finger. How often does he shoot that poorly? Now how often does that happen in back to back games? Now, despite Kobe shooting 3 for 100, they lose by three on the road on the second of a back-to-back set. Will have to be several more bad losses like that before anyone can start questioning anything.

Medvedenko
02-07-2008, 02:02 AM
If Kobe shoots well, the game is over. Remember...Kobe is the Lakers, he plays well, we usually win big.

DazedAndConfused
02-07-2008, 02:47 AM
Kobe shot 3-13 against NJ and the Lakers won by 15. Kobe shot 4-16 tonight and the Lakers lost a close game. Last year both of those games would have been blowout losses. It's a telling sign that this Laker team has finally arrived.

All that's missing right now is our defensive anchor, the offense is fully capable of putting up enough points to win every night. When Bynum and Ariza comes back they will complete the team and the Lakers will start picking up some steam to close out the season.

remingtonbo2001
02-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Actually, I'll chalk this lose up to the fact it was a B2B and injuries.
I just felt like being an asshole. :)
However, I was impressed with Horford's numbers.

703 Spurz
02-07-2008, 11:39 AM
:wtf

What happened? 98-95 loss to the Hawks.
I thought Gasol was unstoppable, one of the best?
15/20 for Al Horford. A rookie?!?

But hey who needs defense? You got Pau Gasol!

I hear where you're coming from but teams are still going to lose. Even if some homer jackasses think L.A. will go 36-0 from here on out

O-Factor
02-07-2008, 11:47 AM
So does this mean, next year, that Gary Payton, Karl Malone and Zo will all be suns next year??? Ohhh Nooo!

LakeShow
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
I like what kobe Said about sitting out because of his finger. He said, he didn't want any old school messages from Michael Jordan and Ron Harper about sitting out because of a finger. :) KB's a warrior!

Sportcamper
02-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Phil takes a play out of Riley's playbook ...The Lakers, on the 2nd night of a back-to-back, roll into Atlanta at 3:30am and Phil decides he still wants to practice in the morning to "see how Kobe's dislocated finger is responding...
It's no wonder they looked so lethargic... :rolleyes

Strike
02-07-2008, 02:30 PM
So does this mean, next year, that Gary Payton, Karl Malone and Zo will all be suns next year??? Ohhh Nooo!
:madrun

DazedAndConfused
02-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Actually, I'll chalk this lose up to the fact it was a B2B and injuries.
I just felt like being an asshole. :)
However, I was impressed with Horford's numbers.

So you're admitting you're a troll?

ApolloCreed
02-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Gasol doesn't have the eye of the tiger. Neither does that chump Odom.

You gotta want it more!

remingtonbo2001
02-07-2008, 03:53 PM
So you're admitting you're a troll?
:lol :rolleyes

J Zone
02-07-2008, 04:11 PM
update on Andrew:

Kupchak was on AM570, he says Bynum looks good, you wouldn’t even know he was injured. The swelling in his knee is way down. He’s working out in gym and looks to be on schedule.

Last night. Joe McDonnell show. He said Bynum is on schedule and looking great, still no prognosis on Ariza, he will be evaluated in a few weeks to see the progress.

With the acquisition of Pau Gasol, Los Angeles is thinking championship, Andrew Bynum is still a must for legimitate title talk, i'm told, that Bynum's rehabilitation is slighty ahead of schedule, and that he should be returning before the end of march. In addition to running on a elliptical machine as past as a 4 hour rehab program, Bynum is watching a 3 hour video tape featuring Tim Duncan, Shaquille O'Neal & Hakeem Olajuwon each day.

nothing on Ariza as of yet

Medvedenko
02-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Great news Jzone....nice first Post.
Too bad about Ariza though...miss his D and energy.

J Zone
02-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Great news Jzone....nice first Post.
Too bad about Ariza though...miss his D and energy.

Yeah, sucks he had to go down. If anything, he kept Luke Walton planted on the bench..

DazedAndConfused
02-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Bynum is the missing piece, Ariza is an added bonus but by no means necessary for us to go deep in the playoffs.

Medvedenko
02-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Of course A-bomb is the missing piece...and even then we'll see with chemistry and conditioning. Remember, he's only 20 and has hardly any playoff experience. Still, he's a beast and we need him to be able to compete in the West.

DazedAndConfused
02-07-2008, 07:37 PM
I'd say a lot of things have to go right chemistry wise for us to make it out of the WC this year. This team just needs time together to gel and get in sync with one another. I'm not saying it won't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.

But for the next 4-5 years I think we have the most talented team from top to bottom. If we play to our potential we have a good shot at getting some rings.

Medvedenko
02-07-2008, 08:01 PM
True....I agree....as it always is...it's all about health.

remingtonbo2001
02-07-2008, 09:32 PM
But for the next 4-5 years I think we have the most talented team from top to bottom. If we play to our potential we have a good shot at getting some rings.

:tu I actually agree with that statement. I just don't think they're as capable this year as they will be the following. Chemistry has a lot to do with that, as well as Bynum's development. I don't think he's all-star material quite yet, especially with this recent injury. They'll have an interesting rivalry with Portland for some years to come.

BonnerDynasty
02-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Have the next 4-5 years. I just want that repeat :(

Lakers 3peat gets a hell of a lot more impressive each passing year :depressed

Rummpd
02-08-2008, 01:04 PM
GASOL SOFT! Next year Spurs add Tiago Splitter much better defender and can do the little things winners do unlike Gasol.

Medvedenko
02-08-2008, 01:18 PM
GASOL SOFT! Next year Spurs add Tiago Splitter much better defender and can do the little things winners do unlike Gasol.

Good for you...next year Bynum will be another year older...so will TD.....

DazedAndConfused
02-08-2008, 01:26 PM
What are the little things winners do? How many NBA Championships has Splitter won? How many NBA games has Splitter played? You put a lot of stock in a kid that hasn't even stepped on the NBA floor yet. Regardless of how good he may be, and I think he will turn out pretty good, there is always an adjustment period for the international players. Don't expect miracles in his 1st season.

Also you do know that Gasol led his Spanish team to a FIBA championship (where he was named MVP) and has been a winner his entire life prior to coming to the Memphis Grizzlies right?

remingtonbo2001
02-08-2008, 03:33 PM
I don't think comparing Gasol and Splitter is fair. They both play entirely different games. Gasol is more of an outside threat, good passer. Splitter, is more of a low post threat, both offensively and defensively. He's more physical. Splitter is a center, Gasol is a foward.

DazedAndConfused
02-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Gasol has a very good post up game. On offense he is a lot like Tim Duncan actually.

remingtonbo2001
02-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Gasol has a very good post up game. On offense he is a lot like Tim Duncan actually.

:lol

Are you comparing Gasol and Duncan? That's Bold.

He does have a good post up game, but seriously....

I think LA will tend to stick him above the key, giving Bynum space down low.

DazedAndConfused
02-08-2008, 03:52 PM
:lol

Are you comparing Gasol and Duncan? That's Bold.

He does have a good post up game, but seriously....

I think LA will tend to stick him above the key, giving Bynum space down low.

The thing that separates Duncan from Gasol is defense. Gasol isn't half the defensive player that Duncan is.

And you're right, Bynum will probably be used down in the low block while Gasol will operate out of the high post.

remingtonbo2001
02-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Gasol doesn't come close to the fundamentals that Duncan possess.
Yeah, statistically, they may be comparable on the offensive end. But Duncan effects the game much more offensively, and defensively than Gasol.
Gasol doesn't draw the same amount of attention on the offensive end as Duncan does.

DazedAndConfused
02-08-2008, 04:29 PM
I never said Gasol was better than Duncan offensively. I said their game was similar.

ApolloCreed
02-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Gasol has no heart. He's a chump and the Lakers are soon gonna find out why he's never won a single playoff game.

DazedAndConfused
02-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Lol ^^^^^

Cry Havoc
02-08-2008, 05:27 PM
The Lakers are going to be positively frightening when Bynum comes back. It's hard not to love that kid, fighting through all that shit that Kobe threw at him in the offseason and actually becoming one of the best bigs in the league in a couple months time.

Much as I hate to admit it, it seems like they're back.

DazedAndConfused
02-08-2008, 05:33 PM
The Lakers are going to be positively frightening when Bynum comes back. It's hard not to love that kid, fighting through all that shit that Kobe threw at him in the offseason and actually becoming one of the best bigs in the league in a couple months time.

Much as I hate to admit it, it seems like they're back.

What are you talking about? Gasol is a weak pussy that collapses during crunch time, Bynum is a clumsy teenager, Kobe is a ball-hog who doesn't know how to lead, and Odom is a stoner. Lakers suck and won't get out of the 1st round.

:spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin

Cry Havoc
02-08-2008, 05:57 PM
What are you talking about? Gasol is a weak pussy that collapses during crunch time, Bynum is a clumsy teenager, Kobe is a ball-hog who doesn't know how to lead, and Odom is a stoner. Lakers suck and won't get out of the 1st round.

:spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin

Just don't accuse me of hating on the Lakers (or the Suns) for so long out of spite. I think a lot of Suns fans here are going ape because they feel the Spurs fans are just disrespecting them out of habit. I simply don't see Phoenix as a better team now than they were. The Lakers, however.... the trade LA made makes perfect sense... well, kind of. Perfect sense in the way that we'll split things down the 50-50 middle, I get a lambroghini, you get a Datsun makes sense.

If the Mavs got Shaq, I'd be a lot more concerned. If the Suns can keep Shaq healthy, AND find someone to guard Parker, AND convince Nash that 2 MVPs are not enough to sit back and watch people blow past you on defense, I'd be a lot more concerned.

As it stands, I see the Spurs as the no. 1 team still, with the Lakers right behind them with some proving to do.

LakeShow
02-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Just don't accuse me of hating on the Lakers (or the Suns) for so long out of spite. I think a lot of Suns fans here are going ape because they feel the Spurs fans are just disrespecting them out of habit. I simply don't see Phoenix as a better team now than they were. The Lakers, however.... the trade LA made makes perfect sense... well, kind of. Perfect sense in the way that we'll split things down the 50-50 middle, I get a lambroghini, you get a Datsun makes sense.

If the Mavs got Shaq, I'd be a lot more concerned. If the Suns can keep Shaq healthy, AND find someone to guard Parker, AND convince Nash that 2 MVPs are not enough to sit back and watch people blow past you on defense, I'd be a lot more concerned.

As it stands, I see the Spurs as the no. 1 team still, with the Lakers right behind them with some proving to do.

The Spurs are definitely the team to beat. Nothing would make me happier than the lakers taking out the spurs in the playoffs, but I am going on record to say I would prefer not to face the spurs in a 7 game series. Don't get me wrong, I think the lakers have the better athletes the better all around team but what they don't have is experience. That is what I fear most. I just have a feeling that it would come down to Kobe. Kobe can do it and the Lakers could take it, but I prefer for it not to come to that.

If it comes to that, Let's go to war :ihit like the good old days! :toast

ChumpDumper
02-08-2008, 06:58 PM
I am going on record to say I would prefer not to face the spurs in a 7 game series. Don't get me wrong, I think the lakers have the better athletes the better all around team but what they don't have is experience.Plus, they cheat.

LakeShow
02-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Plus, they cheat.

Naw, has nothing to do with cheating. It's all about playoff ball. My team is raw when it comes to that. They don't know that you can hold your player away from the ball, with no calls. They'll go in expecting calls but wont get them. That's experience.

remingtonbo2001
02-08-2008, 08:02 PM
I never said Gasol was better than Duncan offensively. I said their game was similar.

Okay, it's a stretch and I'll leave it at that.