PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Wade comments???

florige
02-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Has anyone heard him comment yet on the Shaq deal?

CavsSuperFan
02-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Dwayne who?

ancestron
02-07-2008, 11:20 AM
yes. He gave the usual rhetoric about the fact that it is a business and he wishes Shaq the best. He looked a little forlorn and dejected. Didn't really say a whole lot about it in what I saw.

RonMexico
02-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Poor Pookie.

1Parker1
02-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Wade is quite over rated IMO...even when he "won" a championship in 05. Without refs to bail him out, he's a slightly above average player at best.

ancestron
02-07-2008, 11:27 AM
you spelled Dwyane wrong by the way. I usually wouldn't say anything, as I hate people that correct other people's spelling mistakes, but I had about a 3 hour argument with my friend during a drive to the coast who was telling me it was spelled D-W-Y-A-N-E, and I was so sure he was wrong I bet him 50 bucks. I lost.

I think it will be cool to see Shawn Marion and Wade play together. But the real question is will Marion and White Chocolate get along??

ancestron
02-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Wade is quite over rated IMO...even when he "won" a championship in 05. Without refs to bail him out, he's a slightly above average player at best.

wait, wait, wait.......WHO won the Championship in 05???

florige
02-07-2008, 11:37 AM
yes. He gave the usual rhetoric about the fact that it is a business and he wishes Shaq the best. He looked a little forlorn and dejected. Didn't really say a whole lot about it in what I saw.

Exactly. I mean it was so sudden as well. He and Shaq seemed to be pals. Seemed to be....

stretch
02-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Without refs to bail him out, he's a slightly above average player at best.
Okay, thats just ridiculous. Wade is a fantastic player.

bdubya
02-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Has anyone heard him comment yet on the Shaq deal?

I heard him start to, but his jaw dislocated itself and he had to leave in a wheelchair.

But he did get a couple of FTs out of it.

monosylab1k
02-07-2008, 12:14 PM
It's really not that ridiculous. He isn't that good. He's better than above average, but he's nowhere near Kobe/Lebron/Carmelo level. He's definitely a second tier player.

There's a ton of players better than a guy who can't shoot and relies on the refs for all his points.

dbreiden83080
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
He is probably happy as hell that he is gone as he was going to cost them 40 mil over the next 2 years and give the Heat zero chance to win anything. Now they have lots of cap space to add young talent down the line. Something tells me Lebron and Wade are going to be playing together one day.

Cry Havoc
02-07-2008, 12:58 PM
It's really not that ridiculous. He isn't that good. He's better than above average, but he's nowhere near Kobe/Lebron/Carmelo level. He's definitely a second tier player.

There's a ton of players better than a guy who can't shoot and relies on the refs for all his points.

I'd say he's at the upper end of the second tier. He isn't as consistent as the three you mentioned, but he's still a hell of a player, among the top 10 guards in the league.

But he's nowhere near the top 2 superstar-like Jordan comparisons that were being made during the title run, I think that's clear. He's still coasting off of that a bit.

However, I think Marion fits in with the Heat very well. This could be beneficial for both of them.

Xylus
02-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Wade is going to love playing with Marion. I expect the Heat to start playing better pretty much as soon as Shawn Marion steps on the court in a Miami uniform.

BonnerDynasty
02-07-2008, 01:33 PM
He said he was off his Fav 5.

You're cut off Shaq!

mardigan
02-07-2008, 01:56 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper/2008/02/07/a1c_shaq_0207.html

Earlier Wednesday, Wade talked with his friend O'Neal about the news. Wade said O'Neal told him, "You're still my boy. I love you."

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-07-2008, 04:37 PM
It's easy to say during a lackluster season, coming back from injury, while he's the only man from his team.

Wade's a great talent, and is a >>>> version of Manu. I see him coming back probably next year, as he gets more help and an actual team.
It's hard to say he's just above average when he's still putting up a decent overall game, and already had some pretty Wadesque games when he's not 100 percent. We were lucky in the Miami game, Wade was the only one we had to guard, because he almost beat us.

Earlier Wednesday, Wade talked with his friend O'Neal about the news. Wade said O'Neal told him, "You're still my boy. I love you."

That's good. Much better outcome of relations than the last Shaquille O'Neal trade.

1Parker1
02-07-2008, 04:43 PM

:lmao :lmao 06**************************

lefty
02-07-2008, 05:25 PM

+1

dallaskd
02-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Wade should be happy...

Wade
Marion
Beasley

baseline bum
02-09-2008, 08:57 PM

Obviously you didn't see the Detroit series.

m33p0
02-09-2008, 11:40 PM
+1

SpursDynasty
02-09-2008, 11:45 PM

Wade just beat a team he was expected to go out and beat, no surprises in that series.