PDA

View Full Version : come on ST give the Suns some props!

Pick of Destiny
02-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Most of you would give your left nut to have Shaq Daddy on your team! Now you have the Suns to worry about not just the Mavs in the 2008 playoffs.

Show some class Spur fans and give the Suns their props!

boutons_
02-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Shaq's fat, lazy, tired, fouling ass wouldn't have been around last night at the end of 2 OTs to make a difference.

Mr. Body
02-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Shaq to Phoenix at some point seemed inevitable.

ancestron
02-07-2008, 12:12 PM
congrats. you guys get to take care of gramps.
Hide the snacks! make sure you have plenty of toilet paper. hope you know how to repair backboards, ceiling fans, and the occasional small child.

101A
02-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Props to the Suns for finally recognizing that they had NO CHANCE of beating the Spurs in a playoff series as constructed.

Props to the Suns for the de facto admission that despite the whining and complaining to the contrary, that the outcome of last years WCSF was just, fair and inevitable to the point that it was going to be repeated again this season.

Props indeed.

Dex
02-07-2008, 12:18 PM
WTG, dumbasses.

*is having more fun denying that this will do Phoenix any good*

cash459
02-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Most of you would give your left nut to have Shaq Daddy on your team! Now you have the Suns to worry about not just the Mavs in the 2008 playoffs.

Most of us?? :wtf no we wouldnt. Why would we want a player to eat up salary and not contribute? he is nowhere near the dominant force he used to be!

Kinda fitting that you have that video in your sig, becuase thats what your team did, sold their soul to the devil. And copped out on their own style of offense. Guess they finally realized they couldnt match up with a REAL team, the SPURS :king

ehz33satx
02-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks, but I would prefer to keep my left nut. You can have Shaq. Shaq is injured half the year, not as dominant as years past. He is not the answer to your problems. You Suns think you have the Championship in the bag. Highly doubtful now with Shaq slowing your team down. Shaq can't stop Duncan.

Strike
02-07-2008, 01:13 PM

And just what does "The Big Ateyotaco" do for your Suns, besides fuck up their run-n-gun offense and add a defensive liability?

With the Lakers, Shaq was fat. But at least he was still dominant. Now he's just fat, old and broken down. Do you even expect him to stay healthy?

mardigan
02-07-2008, 01:17 PM
I wouldnt mind a 14, 8 and 2 center who gets opposing teams bigs on foul trouble. Even on the bench he's more effective than Elson.

T Park
02-07-2008, 01:18 PM
He only improves their defense, rebounding, their run and gun game even more, and have someone to guard Bynum and Duncan.

Strike
02-07-2008, 01:21 PM
If he can stay healthy. And when was the last time that happened?

samikeyp
02-07-2008, 01:21 PM
If the move works and Fleanix gets a ring then I will give them all the props in the world, until then, they haven't earned any.

ludda
02-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Props for getting Snaq O'Meal

Strike
02-07-2008, 01:25 PM
If the move works and Fleanix gets a ring then I will give them all the props in the world, until then, they haven't earned any.
:clap

vander
02-07-2008, 01:39 PM
I'd give my left nut to keep shaq OFF of my team

WalterBenitez
02-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Because of his age, I'd bet that Spurs would got him ... anyhow, Why should I congratulate Suns?

I'd take Marion over Shaq (this Shaq) anyday!

Obstructed_View
02-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Suns fans want yet more recognition for something their team does OTHER THAN winning a championship. Yawn.

mrsmaalox
02-07-2008, 01:57 PM
I don't have nuts so I ain't giving any.

Budkin
02-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Does laughing at their stupid asses count as props? If so... PROPS! :tu

Texas_Ranger
02-07-2008, 02:06 PM
I'd rather have Marion on my team than Shaq.

Drachen
02-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Honestly, I almost get the feeling that Kerr pulled a McHale just to help his old team (The Spurs).

mardigan
02-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Honestly, I almost get the feeling that Kerr pulled a McHale just to help his old team (The Spurs).
Yea, trading a guy who always disappeared against the Spurs in the playoffs for a guy who could get all of our bigs in foul trouble and make it harder for Manu and Tony to get to the rim really helps the Spurs. :rolleyes

vander
02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Yea, trading a guy who always disappeared against the Spurs in the playoffs for a guy who could get all of our bigs in foul trouble and make it harder for Manu and Tony to get to the rim really helps the Spurs. :rolleyes

yeah, he's really going to make it hard for the Spurs to get their second title. but once manu makes his transition to american-style basketball, and once TP gets some experience, we should be able to win a few more titles :rolleyes

Drachen
02-07-2008, 02:34 PM

You are kidding right?? He hasnt been able to stop anyone in the paint in almost 2 years. He has no lateral movement, just run a high pick and roll every single time and run around him (especially parker). Since the PHX suns have no perimiter defender anymore, this is the blueprint. He brings nothing defensively except another 6 fouls.

mardigan
02-07-2008, 02:37 PM
You are kidding right?? He hasnt been able to stop anyone in the paint in almost 2 years. He has no lateral movement, just run a high pick and roll every single time and run around him (especially parker). Since the PHX suns have no perimiter defender anymore, this is the blueprint. He brings nothing defensively except another 6 fouls.
No not kidding, anyone with his size is going to cause a few problems in the paint, especially when paired with Amare. Bell is still a really good defender, and i wouldnt doubt if they might start playing more zone. Bottome line is i just cant see how he will add any less than what Kurt Thomas added.

Drachen
02-07-2008, 02:44 PM
I'll give you that he wont add less than KT, but it took one of their main cogs to get him, so it is a net deficiency. Im sorry, I see them toppling of their perch atop the west and losing the pacific division to the lakers.

mardigan
02-07-2008, 02:45 PM
I'll give you that he wont add less than KT, but it took one of their main cogs to get him, so it is a net deficiency. Im sorry, I see them toppling of their perch atop the west and losing the pacific division to the lakers.
And Im not saying that its a guaranteed title, but the fact that the Suns were something like 14 and 13 against the West just screams to me that they had to make a move. It very well could blow up on them, but I think the risk reward was well worth it.
Plus, adding a guy with his kind a championship experience to a team with none cant hurt either.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Shaq to Phoenix at some point seemed inevitable.
Old people have to go somewhere to retire, and he's already seen Florida.

Drachen
02-07-2008, 02:53 PM
And Im not saying that its a guaranteed title, but the fact that the Suns were something like 14 and 13 against the West just screams to me that they had to make a move. It very well could blow up on them, but I think the risk reward was well worth it.
Plus, adding a guy with his kind a championship experience to a team with none cant hurt either.

I'm sorry, this PHX suns team will be worse than last years team with Shawn and Kurt. My boss just moved from Phoenix and I was talking to him about it and he was saying "we were never going to win with the way we were constructed, so we had to do this." It sounds like someone mixing it up, just because, and of the people that I have talked to who say this will be better, it seems like they all go back to "well we wouldnt have been able to win it before" which tells me that they are only talking themselves into it.

mardigan
02-07-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm sorry, this PHX suns team will be worse than last years team with Shawn and Kurt. My boss just moved from Phoenix and I was talking to him about it and he was saying "we were never going to win with the way we were constructed, so we had to do this." It sounds like someone mixing it up, just because, and of the people that I have talked to who say this will be better, it seems like they all go back to "well we wouldnt have been able to win it before" which tells me that they are only talking themselves into it.
This year's Sun's team was already worse than last year before the trade. Mine as well shake things up on a high risk high reward guy.

T Park
02-07-2008, 03:01 PM
I said before the Season started, I watched the Suns in a preseason game and I said then "This Suns team is worse than last years. Defensively, and suprisingly offensively"

They had to do it.

It was do this, or stiff in the first round.

n1n10do
02-07-2008, 03:02 PM

It seems everyone in Phoenix is missing a left nut now...

Taco
02-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Shaq's fat, lazy, tired, fouling ass wouldn't have been around last night at the end of 2 OTs to make a difference.

[Depicting a typical scene with his parents.]
John Bender: [as his father] "Stupid, worthless, no-good goddamn freeloading son of a bitch retarded big-mouthed know-it-all asshole jerk."
[as his mother] "You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful."
[as his father] "Shut up, bitch! Go fix me turkey pot pie!"

T Park
02-07-2008, 03:03 PM
The Spurs didn't have the pieces to make the trade, but Shaq next to Duncan would've made the Spurs unbeatable.

mardigan
02-07-2008, 03:05 PM
The Spurs didn't have the pieces to make the trade, but Shaq next to Duncan would've made the Spurs unbeatable.
Yea he would have

samikeyp
02-07-2008, 03:06 PM
[Depicting a typical scene with his parents.]
John Bender: [as his father] "Stupid, worthless, no-good goddamn freeloading son of a bitch retarded big-mouthed know-it-all asshole jerk."
[as his mother] "You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful."
[as his father] "Shut up, bitch! Go fix me turkey pot pie!"

"but Dad...what about you?"

:lol

n1n10do
02-07-2008, 03:10 PM

If you think about it, if the spurs would have acquired shaq, they would have looked like geniuses because of the pairing with Duncan...

But in Phoenix, it's a questionable moved because he is being paired up with a defensively challenged PF in Amare...

ancestron
02-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Thats alright son! You can do it on the boat!

Rummpd
02-07-2008, 03:36 PM
5 teams can win West - time will tell on Shaq, Bynum etc.

WalterBenitez
02-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Okeyyy, I will do it ... Congrats suns you are the team to defeat now ...

41times
02-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Yes all thank the Suns for acquiring Shaq and removing themselves as a real threat in the West.

Let me spell it out for you.

S-Suns
H-have
A-average
Q-quality

USA Employee
02-07-2008, 09:37 PM
I said before the Season started, I watched the Suns in a preseason game and I said then "This Suns team is worse than last years. Defensively, and suprisingly offensively"

They had to do it.

It was do this, or stiff in the first round.

This man knows his sports, he should be on the radio! :tu

JMarkJohns
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Suns fans want yet more recognition for something their team does OTHER THAN winning a championship. Yawn.

It's our lot in life. It's not a lot, but it's our life...

As for the trade, it reaks of desperation and most moves made in desperation fail to yield the desires effect/results.

We'll have to see.

My biggest gripe isn't with the trade, but that D'Antoni is still coaching the team.

spursrocksocks
02-07-2008, 10:06 PM
I would give up my left nut to keep him the fuck out of san antonio, I wish I never had to see that douche again

Pimp my Banner
02-07-2008, 10:25 PM
This may work out if The Suns face the Mavs in round one! :smokin

Louie Vega
02-07-2008, 10:29 PM

You want props? Beat the Spurs in a 7 game series crybaby bitch!! :toast

kingsfan
02-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I don't give them props for getting Big snack but I do like the fact they did something. I wish Petrie would get off his ass and try something-if it doesn't work oh well but if what you have isn't working then you have to take chances.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-07-2008, 10:36 PM

:lmao

Props! Your team just lost its identity, got worse, and took a huge salary cap hit at the same time. Well done!

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

mouse
02-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Shaq now has something to prove GOD help the Spurs.

It will be a Mavs vs Suns semi finals, Book it!

CarefreeAZ
02-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Yes all thank the Suns for acquiring Shaq and removing themselves as a real threat in the West.

Let me spell it out for you.

S-Suns
H-have
A-average
Q-quality

41times: With or without Shaq, with or without Marion, your the one team the Suns can and will beat. It was a flook that you got by San Antonio in 2006, Laid an egg in the 2006 finals, and got bitch slapped by an eight seed in 2007. If were average quality than your definitely below average. This will be the same scenario in the 2005 Dallas/Phoenix playoff match-up. Dallas = one and done.

Heat Miser
02-07-2008, 11:40 PM
The Suns are HOT!

Re-Animator
02-07-2008, 11:45 PM
This is all David Sterns doing to make the NBA interesting again! It has 9/11 report written all over it.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/fingers.jpg

duncan228
02-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Nice pic.
Freaky, but nice. :)

mouse
02-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Now your talking!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/tim-chew.gif

duncan228
02-07-2008, 11:53 PM
:toast

slayermin
02-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Nice work, mouse.

mouse
02-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Tim has his finger on Shaq!

m33p0
02-08-2008, 01:54 AM
the subject has been discussed for over 2 days now (3 including the rumor). where have you been all this time?

anyway, we'll see... we'll see.

btw, i don't want shaq in a spurs uniform. you'll have to lose your left nut to make me think about it.

pickle girl
02-09-2008, 09:29 PM
I am so giddy to see the Spurs get punked again by the Suns , and now with the Shaq attack? Nigra please!
We may as well get the Phoenix victory parade planned now. Your old ass Spurs are History!.....................Book It!

debo
02-09-2008, 09:52 PM
I am so giddy to see the Spurs get punked again by the Suns

i believe that the suns have never won a championship or even beaten San Antonio in a 7 game series, so i have no clue what you are referring to when you say "again"

Rummpd
02-09-2008, 10:32 PM
They gain and they loses, time will tell and they sure got older!

JMarkJohns
02-09-2008, 10:49 PM
i believe that the suns have never won a championship or even beaten San Antonio in a 7 game series, so i have no clue what you are referring to when you say "again"

Not these Suns and not these Spurs, but in 92-93 Barkley sank that jumper in Robinson's mug to down the Spurs in six.

I don't think they ever met in the playoffs before that, and San Antonio has certainly been the punker more than the punkee in any series. Me thinks some Phoenix fans have jumped from giddy to delusional...

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-09-2008, 10:59 PM
now all we need is for dallus to give away D harris and a big for J kidd. haha self destruction.

hsxvvd
02-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Who'd think that after all these blockbusters, I'd be getting bored already. But it seems like the Suns and Lakers trolls and just repeating themselves. I'm kinda hoping Dallas does pull a trade, just have something new talked about in here.

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-09-2008, 11:06 PM
it might not be blockbuster, but i say :hungry: Bring on Mike Miller :hungry:

Re-Animator
02-09-2008, 11:14 PM

The Spurs got their ass waxed in the first round by the Suns I think they do deserve some props! And now with Big Snack they are a force to be reckoned with......................................

But so are the SPURS!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/san-antonio-spurs.jpg

debo
02-09-2008, 11:20 PM

... suns (with steve nash) have never...

m33p0
02-09-2008, 11:23 PM
actually they did once during the duncan era. but that was when duncan was out for the season with a knee injury. no manu and tony too.

JMarkJohns
02-09-2008, 11:32 PM
actually they did once during the duncan era. but that was when duncan was out for the season with a knee injury. no manu and tony too.

It wasn't a seven-game series. Suns were without Kidd and Gugliotta that series. Not that I think Phoenix would have won had both teams been completely healthy, but the Suns had homecourt.

I believe the only seven-game series twixt the Suns/Spurs wit Phoenix winning was the 92-93 series I mentioned earlier.

Re-Animator
02-10-2008, 12:06 PM
The Suns knocked the Spurs out of the playoffs how can you igmos forget?

m33p0
02-10-2008, 02:33 PM
It wasn't a seven-game series. Suns were without Kidd and Gugliotta that series. Not that I think Phoenix would have won had both teams been completely healthy, but the Suns had homecourt.

I believe the only seven-game series twixt the Suns/Spurs wit Phoenix winning was the 92-93 series I mentioned earlier.
92-93? duncan was still in st croix playing high school basketball.

JMarkJohns
02-10-2008, 03:06 PM
92-93? duncan was still in st croix playing high school basketball.

You should read the entire thread...

First post...

My response...

Not these Suns and not these Spurs, but in 92-93 Barkley sank that jumper in Robinson's mug to down the Spurs in six.

I don't think they ever met in the playoffs before that, and San Antonio has certainly been the punker more than the punkee in any series. Me thinks some Phoenix fans have jumped from giddy to delusional...

Your response to debo, or me...

My response to you...

In conclusion. You are correct. In the Duncan era the Kidd-less/Gugliotta-less Suns defeated a Duncan-less Spurs team in a best of five first-round series in 2000.

However, you missed where the initial poster had specified "in a 7 game series" so I repointed out that, as far as I know, the only seven-game series win vs. the Spurs was in 92-93. Since the original poster said "never" I think that qualifies.

Like I said in response, "Not these Suns and not these Spurs, but..."

ClingingMars
02-10-2008, 03:59 PM
no championships, which is what matters.

-Mars

JMarkJohns
02-10-2008, 04:09 PM
no championships, which is what matters.

-Mars

Funny... I thought it was having accurate posts?

Silly me... Maybe I shouldn't even make this post since my favorite basketball team hasn't yet prevailed to win a Title?

Cry Havoc
02-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Watching Marion play for this horrible Heat team... my goodness the Suns are going to miss him. He does EVERYTHING well.

JMarkJohns
02-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Except create hisown shot. He has his pump-fake dribble runner, but that's about it. He doesn't have the ability to create his own shot effectively. Not one-on-one, not with space but in traffic. He needs open floor or nothing.

I love Marion and think he does everything but the above well.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Except create hisown shot. He has his pump-fake dribble runner, but that's about it. He doesn't have the ability to create his own shot effectively. Not one-on-one, not with space but in traffic. He needs open floor or nothing.

I love Marion and think he does everything but the above well.

Agreed.

It's nice to see a Suns fan who isn't trying to cast him out as the most overrated player in history.

LakeShow
02-10-2008, 06:06 PM
You know I was talking bad trade, terrible trade but that Damn Shaq has a gift for gab. He has my attention!

One thing that he did not and would not do is predict a championship for the Suns. That tells it all! No title for the Suns! Book it!

JMarkJohns
02-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Agreed.

It's nice to see a Suns fan who isn't trying to cast him out as the most overrated player in history.

I've argued that, at least statistically, Marion could very well be a HOF player when all is said and done. He'll need to make a handful more All-Star teams, something more than doable in the East, and winning a Title wouldn't hurt either, so I'm definitely not someone who's going to cast out Marion simply because he's no longer a Sun. He was a great player for us for many years. It's unfortunate that his greatest struggles came against the Spurs, the one team the Suns could ever beat during his time (save for 2000, which barely counts). He doesn't disappear come the playoffs. He just gets shut down vs. the Spurs. They are really the only team he's ever struggled against.

In eight-plus season in Phoenix he's put up averages of 19 ppg, 10 rpg, 2 apg, 2 spg and 1 bpg with the last five seasons being closer to 21 ppg, 11 rpg, 2 apg, 2 spg and 1.5 bpg. His career playoff averages speaks to what I said above. Averages of 16 ppg, 11 rpg, 1.5 spg, 2 bpg is really pretty good. It's just a shame his limited offensive game allowed him to be an easy stifle for a team like San Antonio, a team he happened to play four time in his 12 total playoff series with Phoenix. I mean, in 2005-06 without having to face the Spurs, he averaged 20 ppg, 12 rpg, 2 apg, 2 spg, 1 bpg.

Anyways... I'm babbling.

JMarkJohns
02-10-2008, 06:09 PM
You know I was talking bad trade, terrible trade but that Damn Shaq has a gift for gab. He has my attention!

One thing that he did not and would not do is predict a championship for the Suns. That tells it all! No title for the Suns! Book it!

That seems to be all he's done.

He's said he'll get Nash over the hump, which clearly means Nash's failure to win a Title. He's stated that he's angry, an when angry he happens to win Titles and during the Hornets game, when he was introduced, he pointed to the crowd, then to his Championship ring.

Maybe he's never flat-out stated that he'll win a Title in Phoenix, but in many ways and several times he at least inferred it.

LakeShow
02-10-2008, 06:23 PM
That seems to be all he's done.

He's said he'll get Nash over the hump, which clearly means Nash's failure to win a Title. He's stated that he's angry, an when angry he happens to win Titles and during the Hornets game, when he was introduced, he pointed to the crowd, then to his Championship ring.

Maybe he's never flat-out stated that he'll win a Title in Phoenix, but in many ways and several times he at least inferred it.

Yeah that's the point. He may have hinted to it, but he never came right out and said it. You have to believe that Shaq would have said it, if he really believed it.

Jeremy
02-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Yeah that's the point. He may have hinted to it, but he never came right out and said it. You have to believe that Shaq would have said it, if he really believed it.

On guaranteeing a championship: "Not yet. Let me get a few practices under my belt. I'll let you know."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0208shaqquotesonline0208.html

LakeShow
02-10-2008, 10:37 PM
That's a far cry from Guaranteeing a Championship like he did in LA and Miami on press day. Sounds like he's not convinced.

The suns will go thru some changes first, the coach has to be fired for not blending Shaq into the offense and a player has to be moved. A long time Suns player, hmmm,......Nash? :lol probably someone like Barbosa or Diaw. I just don't think you have enough time for all that. The window is closing fast!