PDA

View Full Version : Brent finally finding rythm

mysterious_elf26
01-05-2005, 03:45 PM
It's about time. Brent is finally getting better and his defense isn't sluggish either. It looks like his minutes are coming back and he is getting his stroke back. No team will dare to zone the spurs now that when brent hits his threes, everyone seems to hit them. The spurs have now went from a dangerous team to an extremely dangerous team.

Jimcs50
01-05-2005, 03:51 PM
I love the guy. He is so damn exciting to watch and him hitting the 3s now is just gravy.

BigVee
01-05-2005, 03:57 PM
I love the guy too. And have griped about his lack of playing time. But, what did Devin Brown do wrong to get "demoted"? I can see Pop staying with Brent and Bruce last night when they are hot, but why the sudden fall from grace for Brown? This is what bothered me about the Barry minutes. Some on the team have no margin for error when they enter the game or next game or next rotation they will sit. I still think this will hurt the team in the long run.

Jimcs50
01-05-2005, 04:00 PM
I love the guy too. And have griped about his lack of playing time. But, what did Devin Brown do wrong to get "demoted"? I can see Pop staying with Brent and Bruce last night when they are hot, but why the sudden fall from grace for Brown? This is what bothered me about the Barry minutes. Some on the team have no margin for error when they enter the game or next game or next rotation they will sit. I still think this will hurt the team in the long run.

This is a good problem to have. The Spurs are so deep, that they have to make quality guys sit on the bench in some games because one of the other guys is having a great game. Brown is cool with it, he knows that he will be back in soon. Guys do not stay hot forever, you know.

mysterious_elf26
01-05-2005, 04:03 PM
I don't think brown will be like Harrington in Indiana the other year, where they had to trade him so he would start. Brown would not even be in the league if it wasn't for SA and I'm sure his time will come. Good things come to those who wait. There is also a rumor that Detroit may be willing to trade for Barry, but that was when he was struggling and Pop wants him on this team.

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
01-05-2005, 04:36 PM
This is a good problem to have. The Spurs are so deep, that they have to make quality guys sit on the bench in some games because one of the other guys is having a great game. Brown is cool with it, he knows that he will be back in soon. Guys do not stay hot forever, you know.

Absolutely. It wasn't really an issue of Brown not playing well (although he did cool off from his peak of hot shooting early in the season), just that Barry had paid his dues and made the most of his chance. I think 'benching' Barry was like sitting a slumping hitter for a few games, just to let them clear their head---sometimes watching the game from the bench lets you learn the system better, too.

SpursFanInAustin
01-05-2005, 04:47 PM
I think one positive on shelving Brown out of the rotation is that it could keep his value real low, thus leaving teams not willing to shell out the dough to Brown during free agency. Thus, leaving the Spurs a good chance to retain Browns services.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2005, 04:51 PM
If anyone was paying attention they'd notice that the last month or so (since Barry's benching) Devin became much more hesitant to shoot. When Devin's hesitating, he's not playing his best, and if he's not playing his best he's not gonna see run. Sorry, I'm a big fan of his, but the hesitation problem on offense has become quite a concern.

CHAMPS AGAIN
01-05-2005, 05:16 PM
We love seeing BARRY and BROWN play, but I feel some SPURS fan want BROWN to play because he is from this GREAT CITY OF SAN ANTONIO. The past few games BARRY needs to be on the qrt. more than BROWN.

boutons
01-05-2005, 06:34 PM
I didn't see any shooting hesitation in Devin last night, he shot often and made them.