coachmac87
02-07-2008, 03:48 PM
this is if they trade haslim

lefty
02-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Who cares ?

jacobdrj
02-07-2008, 03:51 PM
That is a hell of a lineup. That is why people care.

coachmac87
02-07-2008, 03:56 PM
That is a hell of a lineup. That is why people care.
\\

very possible.....heat gotta sign another name to really keep marion there...but if the lose marion they still got money to sign a max players....heat will sign two max plaeyrs this summer...for one to get better and from keeping wade goin to chi town

jacobdrj
02-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Keep in mind Wade didn't sign for the Max and the last FL player to be a max was Rashard Lewis...

mavs>spurs2
02-07-2008, 04:20 PM
How does Diop end up on the Heat again?

coachmac87
02-07-2008, 04:21 PM
him being an unrestricted free agent in the summer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=2008freeagents

jacobdrj
02-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah, how?

mavs>spurs2
02-07-2008, 04:32 PM
him being an unrestricted free agent in the summer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=2008freeagents

Doesn't mean he's going to sign with them..there are 29 other teams and he will most likely resign with Dallas.

coachmac87
02-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Doesn't mean he's going to sign with them..there are 29 other teams and he will most likely resign with Dallas.

why would he do that??? gets no pt..and he knows the heat can beat dallas in the finals...line up looks fuckin legit..i should be a gm

coachmac87
02-07-2008, 04:49 PM
that is awesome they also picked up Brand..I had no idea other teams weren't going to go after Elton!

ya man...its easy come play with dwayne wade and shawn marion and live on the beach!!! we will offer max dollars after the injury!!! dude name a better place for him off the top of your head

Flo-Rida
02-07-2008, 08:10 PM
C- DESANGA DIOP
PF- ELTON BRAND
SF- SHAWN MARION
SG-DWAYNE WADE
PG-MARCUS BANKS

what yall think
We will have to see what we do in the offseason.

Xylus
02-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Say NO to starting Marcus Banks

MrChug
02-07-2008, 08:31 PM
I strongly believe that the Heat will draft a top tier PG with their lottery pick. Marcus Banks is NOT the answer at the one.

Shank
02-07-2008, 10:48 PM
why would he do that??? gets no pt..and he knows the heat can beat dallas in the finals...line up looks fuckin legit..i should be a gm

I agree. You should be an NBA GM with genius comments like this. Desagana Diop would be pissing himself to sign with the Heat because of something they did with an entirely different lineup in what will be 3 seasons ago. Makes perfect sense.

Findog
02-07-2008, 10:50 PM
I agree. You should be an NBA GM with genius comments like this. Desagana Diop would be pissing himself to sign with the Heat because of something they did with an entirely different lineup in what will be 3 seasons ago. Makes perfect sense.

Cuban needs to fire Donnie and hire this guy ASAP. Diop = Heat Title. Simple as that.

JMarkJohns
02-07-2008, 10:56 PM
So long as Marion remains, the Heat's offseason salary is around 53 million, not counting draft picks.

Something tells me the Heat won't have the money to sign Brand, let alone he AND Diop as long as Banks/Haslem/Blount remain on the team. Even trading one doesn't give enough and, very likely, not even trading two.

I just don't see how the Heat can keep Marion with Wade while adding a third MAX contract via free agency. That would eat up their entire CAP with the three signings alone.

The Heat's best bet is to sell Wade and Marion on them sucking for a year longer, net an extra top-5 pick to go with this season's top-3 pick and then, with around 10 million in CAP money, go after a few quality role players rather than another MAX contract.

Findog
02-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Marion would be crazy to opt out if he thinks he won't be taking a pay cut. Maybe he'll realize how good he had it in Phoenix, but you have to question the mindset of a guy who is happy leaving an elite team and going to a lottery club.

JMarkJohns
02-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Marion would be crazy to opt out if he thinks he won't be taking a pay cut. Maybe he'll realize how good he had it in Phoenix, but you have to question the mindset of a guy who is happy leaving an elite team and going to a lottery club.

I'm just pissed that he's happy to go to Miami, but refused to go to Boston when a three-way deal that would have landed Phoenix Garnett was very possible.

I don't think Marion will opt out. Which is the reason the Heat won't have any CAP space this coming offseason once their lottery pick assumes its price slot. Truth be told, if extended, the Heat won't have any CAP space until 2010 when Haslem, Blount and Banks all come off the books. But by then another two or three 1sts will be added and a possible extension for Wright could come, so any CAP space then may only be around the 10 million I mentioned above.

ducks
02-08-2008, 12:17 AM
elton almost went to the heat last time

would not suprise me if he settles for less then the max to sign with the heat

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2008, 01:15 AM
today till seasons end, marion better start padding his stats to show if his really worth that 60/3 extention his lookn for