PDA

View Full Version : spurs must trade

coachmac87
02-07-2008, 04:01 PM
this is going to be the craziest trade deadline....spurs need to stop being nice to their vets and get a trade going quick...lakers are bothering enough,but then shaq to phx and we kno now dallas is going to make a move...and then we still have to play boston in the finals...but if healthy spurs are good to go...but lets face it we are not with tony foot..need something

remingtonbo2001
02-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Ummm. I thought we got Damon.

coachmac87
02-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Ummm. I thought we got Damon.

ya and your point??

ludda
02-07-2008, 04:05 PM
so what knee-jerk trade do you suggest?

and who said Mavs were going to make a move.

101A
02-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Chemistry >> Talent

(and it's not like the Spurs have no talent)

Kobulingam
02-07-2008, 04:06 PM

Cuban giving off those signals.

ancestron
02-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Trade thread!

coachmac87
02-07-2008, 04:07 PM

kidd is still on the market....i suggest the trade for haslem!!! bonner and elson dangle a pick or so

coachmac87
02-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Chemistry >> Talent

chemisrty=13-14 last 27 games

remingtonbo2001
02-07-2008, 04:09 PM

You mind telling me our record at this time last year.

coachmac87
02-07-2008, 04:15 PM
You mind telling me our record at this time last year.

ya around the same...but gasol was not on the lakers and shaq was still in the east........and tony didnt have bone spurs....o and we were not the defending champions....people want to beat us more than ever now

to21
02-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Chemistry >> Talent

Actually.......Biology > Chemistry

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of the chemistry talk about the Spurs.

remingtonbo2001
02-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Actually.......Biology > Chemistry

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of the chemistry talk about the Spurs.

Actually, both go hand in hand.

ancestron
02-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Math > biology + chemistry.

WalterBenitez
02-07-2008, 04:22 PM

ouch ... forgetting those little rings, right?

101A
02-07-2008, 04:23 PM
ya around the same...but gasol was not on the lakers and shaq was still in the east........and tony didnt have bone spurs....o and we were not the defending champions....people want to beat us more than ever nowYeah, the Mavericks, after eliminating the Spurs from the playoffs were looking unstoppable, and the Suns, with Amare back were running away from us; both were tested and playoff seasoned, not mid-year experiments.

Mid-year changes do not a champion make.

Neither the Lakers nor Suns are winning ANYTHING this year.

samikeyp
02-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Yeah, the Mavericks, after eliminating the Spurs from the playoffs were looking unstoppable, and the Suns, with Amare back were running away from us; both were tested and playoff seasoned, not mid-year experiments.

Rasheed Wallace to the Pistons 2004

to21
02-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Actually, both go hand in hand.
Maybe in HS they do.

ApolloCreed
02-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Math > biology + chemistry.

Heart > biology + chemisty.

:ihit

101A
02-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Rasheed Wallace to the Pistons 2004I was expecting Drexler; and I could counter with "Defending Champion"

I got nothing (other than .4).:downspin:

101A
02-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Maybe in HS they do.My wife is a professor of "BIOCHEMISTRY"

They go hand in hand.

samikeyp
02-07-2008, 04:30 PM
They don't always work and the one thing the Spurs cannot do is trade out of desperation.

Anyone is expendable as long as the deal is beneficial to the success of the team short term and long term.

duncan228
02-07-2008, 04:35 PM
...the one thing the Spurs cannot do is trade out of desperation.

:tu

E20
02-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Duncan for Shaq make it happen. :tu

coachmac87
02-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah, the Mavericks, after eliminating the Spurs from the playoffs were looking unstoppable, and the Suns, with Amare back were running away from us; both were tested and playoff seasoned, not mid-year experiments.

i dont think u have any clue how much tougher the west has become!!!! first off spurs had a pretty easy run the the championship last year....didnt play dallas and did not play the best team in the east!! spurs are the 5th seed now...when were we ever the 5th seed last year???? this is going to the toughest playoff run for the spurs and maybe the best playoffs in the west period!!! lets say spurs stay in the 5th spot....and as spurs fans think hey were the champs we can win it at any seed!!!!

1st round spurs@jazz

wow the hottest team right now and a team gave spurs trouble....got a great shooter in korver and wow tony better be healthy to go back at williams...kid is playing like an allstar and he got snubbed so he will be playing with a chip on his shoulder all year

2nd round spurs@suns

o this should be a piece of cake right spurs fans :hungry: wow we get the new look suns...with a "reamped shaq" after we battle it out with jazz gotta grind it out with the diesel....he wont be a factor on the offensive end that im worried about...but he will not hesitate to put manu and tony on their rear and dare them to take it to the rack one more time...shaq will become a force on the defensive end

3rd round spurs@dallas or lakers@spurs

great we either match up with our kryptonite in the mavericks...after we take out the top in the west were forced to stay on the road and beat them up as well.....gotta be abotu 90%healthy to beat this team...this team just has our number and they are not afraid of us like the suns are..they have beaten us before....

and the lakers....one word KOBE....if he gets this close to the finals...i really would not bet against this cat...by far the best player in the world...and he is the hungriest player in the league that wants a ring

finals spurs@celtics

great....dont really want to break down this series...but they got KG and he defends well on duncan...hope yall get my point

dallas will likely really pursue kidd so spurs gotta make something happen

T Park
02-07-2008, 04:41 PM
actually if Dallas trades for Kidd, they get rid of Diop, Terry, or Devin harris.

I hope they do that, it would make them a worse than before matchup with the Spurs.

Bring that on.

to21
02-07-2008, 04:41 PM
My wife is a professor of "BIOCHEMISTRY"

They go hand in hand.

:lol

Yeah.....that's about the time the go hand in hand.

Biology + Chemistry = BIOCHEMISTRY

coachmac87
02-07-2008, 04:43 PM
actually if Dallas trades for Kidd, they get rid of Diop, Terry, or Devin harris.

I hope they do that, it would make them a worse than before matchup with the Spurs.

Bring that on.

harris and stackhouse would most likely be it

duncan228
02-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Duncan for Shaq make it happen. :tu

Oh please no...I'd have to be a Suns fan!

spursrocksocks
02-07-2008, 07:13 PM
lets bust a PHX and wait 5 years and get Yao

eisfeld
02-08-2008, 03:42 AM
1st round spurs@jazz

wow the hottest team right now and a team gave spurs trouble....got a great shooter in korver and wow tony better be healthy to go back at williams...kid is playing like an allstar and he got snubbed so he will be playing with a chip on his shoulder all year

I wonder when Korver became such a force... If the the Spurs lose to the Jazz it will not be Korver's fault...

2nd round spurs@suns

o this should be a piece of cake right spurs fans :hungry: wow we get the new look suns...with a "reamped shaq" after we battle it out with jazz gotta grind it out with the diesel....he wont be a factor on the offensive end that im worried about...but he will not hesitate to put manu and tony on their rear and dare them to take it to the rack one more time...shaq will become a force on the defensive end

You gotta be kidding... Shaq a force on the defensive end? He can barely stay out of foul trouble and Tony and Manu are both too quick for him. Nice try, but he is not the solution against the Spurs!

3rd round spurs@dallas or lakers@spurs

great we either match up with our kryptonite in the mavericks...after we take out the top in the west were forced to stay on the road and beat them up as well.....gotta be abotu 90%healthy to beat this team...this team just has our number and they are not afraid of us like the suns are..they have beaten us before....

and the lakers....one word KOBE....if he gets this close to the finals...i really would not bet against this cat...by far the best player in the world...and he is the hungriest player in the league that wants a ring

If we play the Mavs it's going to be a tough series and I still believe they are the only team capable of beating the Spurs when they are healthy and focused. And please, get off that fucking Kobe bandwagon already, he is a superb player but not the solution to everything. Or don't you remember what happened last year? If they beat us it's because of all the players they have, not because of Kobe.

finals spurs@celtics

great....dont really want to break down this series...but they got KG and he defends well on duncan...hope yall get my point

dallas will likely really pursue kidd so spurs gotta make something happen

Spurs vs. Celtics would be tough and surely great to watch.
And if Dallas pursues Kidd, then our kryptonite is going to be nothing more than some ordinary rock.

dg7md
02-08-2008, 04:02 AM
Artest, please? Maybe?

hsxvvd
02-08-2008, 05:37 AM
You put the jerk in knee-jerk.

exstatic
02-08-2008, 08:23 AM
ya and your point??
You weren't missed while you were gone.

spursmike.
02-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Mike Miller is our guy

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Mike Miller is our guy

seeing how everyone seems to want him now, the Grizz will be asking for much more

rasho8
02-08-2008, 08:54 AM
You are an idiot.

We are 2 game outs oif the top spot. 1 game out of second place. "OH NOES THE SKY IS FALLING!!! WE MUST TRADE BECAUSE WE ARE 5TH SEED!!!"

The conference is very bunched up. If Phx, Dallas or New Orleans drop 2 games they are in the 5th seed.

Wow.. we better trade fast!!!
2 games behind, I dont know how we will EVER catch up.

remingtonbo2001
02-08-2008, 09:05 AM
You put the jerk in knee-jerk.

Beef Jerky?

m33p0
02-08-2008, 09:18 AM
mike miller? if there's gonna be any changes that's needed, its a replacement for elson that can keep his own on defense and help duncan inside. whoever the spurs bring in won't be as bad as elson already is making this the least to screw the team up but has the potential to raise the spurs a notch or two if ever that person works out for the team.

mrose31
02-08-2008, 09:27 AM
5th seed does not matter if you have a better record than the 4th seed you still have homecourt. Still there is only like a 5 game difference between the top 10 teams in West so there will be lots of movement in seedings. No matter what this year is going to be tough to win. I don't think spurs will make a trade unless it only involves Barry and or Elson.

remingtonbo2001
02-08-2008, 09:33 AM
I don't think spurs will make a trade unless it only involves Barry and or Elson.

Agreed. I actually think the Spurs are going to stand pat after getting a significant contribution from Damon.

backtothebeat001
02-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah if the Spurs make a trade it will have to be for a big man in my opinion. Forwards and centers are becoming the dominant force again in the West. If we cant get a good big man, then at least try for a small forward who can play power forward.

nfg3
02-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Trade only if it improves the team. Never do so simply because others have made one. We are in good position and starting to gel. Bowen and Horry are starting to hit their shots. When TP and Barry return then Pop can really cfocus on the rotation needed for the playoffs. Wanting a trade is one thing but actually making a good one beneficial for us is another.

The questions are: Who is available, will that player fit into our system, what do we give up for him and how is that going to effect our chances in the playoffs? (Probably more gut that's what I came up with at this moment)

spursfan09
02-08-2008, 02:11 PM

Tim, Tony and Manu: all injured at one point or another...

easjer
02-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Ok, what trade?

Knee-jerk, over the top desparation reactions are fruitless and get you nowhere. Trade if there is a player on the table who has legitimate shot at making your team as a whole better.

But don't whine otherwise because other teams have made trades. That's just stupid.

Don't forget that whoever comes in has to learn a difficult system, be able to contribute within that system, and gel with existing players. That is no small order, when you have people in place doing well. And chemistry and system are two issues that remain to be seen in regards to the 'blockbuster' trades that have already taken place.

The issues that plagued the Spurs were/are health, interest and intensity. Nothing that can't be fixed, and nothing that is likely to be fixed via trading block.

Oh, Gee!!
02-08-2008, 02:25 PM
trade manu

exstatic
02-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Trade the fans that want a trade because they want one.

eisfeld
02-09-2008, 03:15 AM
Trade the fans that want a trade because they want one.

Signed...