PDA

View Full Version : Getting Rid of the Trash

Kori Ellis
02-07-2008, 04:48 PM
I will preface this by saying, this might be the stupidest thread I have ever made, but oh well.

I have A LOT of trash at my house. Maybe we had one too many parties, maybe I got one (hundred) too many packages in the mail. But the circumstance is that my garage is full of boxes and trash.

How do I get rid of it?

The trash guy only comes once a week and that stupid container only holds about 3-4 bags of trash. I probably have 20 bags of trash and 50 large boxes to get rid of.

What should I do? Pay someone to haul it?

florige
02-07-2008, 04:52 PM
I will preface this by saying, this might be the stupidest thread I have ever made, but oh well.

I have A LOT of trash at my house. Maybe we had one too many parties, maybe I got one (hundred) too many packages in the mail. But the circumstance is that my garage is full of boxes and trash.

How do I get rid of it?

The trash guy only comes once a week and that stupid container only holds about 3-4 bags of trash. I probably have 20 bags of trash and 50 large boxes to get rid of.

What should I do? Pay someone to haul it?

Or take it to a local dumpster, like at a 7-11. They should not mind as long as you break the boxes down...

CuckingFunt
02-07-2008, 04:53 PM

How do I get rid of it?

What should I do? Pay someone to haul it?If you don't want to go through what's there and just want to make it go away, paying someone to haul it is probably the easiest thing.

Kori Ellis
02-07-2008, 04:53 PM
They should not mond as long as you break the boxes down.

Or take it to a local dumpster, like at a 7-11.

Our trash collection is automated - they won't take the boxes.

It's illegal too take it to 7-11, I think.

spurschick
02-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Since when does everything have to go in a container? I know that they ask that it all goes in one, but I see people place bags outside of it all the time. At Christmas, there's always more trash outside of the container. Plus, you pay for that service. They should haul away as much as you put out there.

CuckingFunt
02-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Also, if the large boxes are still in usable condition, you might be able to find places that could use them. I know that when I worked at The Goodwill (which was forever ago) we loved when people donated their stuff in boxes because they were handy to have around.

midgetonadonkey
When I have too much trash, I take it to a nearby apartment complex.

BacktoBasics
I thought this was about a mass banning.

Kori Ellis
Since when does everything have to go in a container? I know that they ask that it all goes in one, but I see people place bags outside of it all the time. At Christmas, there's always more trash outside of the container. Plus, you pay for that service. They should haul away as much as you put out there.

Before they went automated in our neighborhood, that was the case. Now, they don't actually get out of the truck or anything. So they don't pick up anything extra.

Kori Ellis
02-07-2008, 04:56 PM

:lmao That would be more fun.

CubanMustGo
02-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Take it to the dump yourself. Certainly there's a ST poster down there with a truck who'd be willing to help you out.

midgetonadonkey
02-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Before you actually get rid of it I think mouse should be allowed to go over and rummage through it.

BigBeezie
I drop my trash at construction sites...

T Park
Kori if you would've made this topic yesterday I would've taken the trash off your hands and just put it in the huge dumpster we have here at home...

Kori Ellis
02-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Take it to the dump yourself. Certainly there's a ST poster down there with a truck who'd be willing to help you out.

Weirdly, you have to pay to dispose things at the dump unless it's FREE landfill day (http://www.sanantonio.gov/enviro/solidwaste/disposallandfill_Re.asp) (which I just missed).

florige
02-07-2008, 05:01 PM

Yeah good point. Normally they let you just toss that crap right off the truck onto the ground. Normally the lines for those places are off the hook though..

florige
02-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Weirdly, you have to pay to dispose things at the dump unless it's FREE landfill day (http://www.sanantonio.gov/enviro/solidwaste/disposallandfill_Re.asp) (which I just missed).

How often is that?

Kori Ellis
Aha .. You can actually pay the sanitation dept. to come get it -- http://www.sanantonio.gov/brush/housecalls.asp

Let me call and see how much it is.

CuckingFunt
Sounds like a lot of it is cardboard/paper. You could take it to a recycling center.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Sounds like a lot of it is cardboard/paper. You could take it to a recycling center.Yeah, there is a recycling center on Grissom. You could ask what they take. My sister had a similar situation in her garage a few years back. We got almost $70 from all the beer cans.

florige
02-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah, there is a recycling center on Grissom. You could ask what they take. My sister had a similar situation in her garage a few years back. We got almost $70 from all the beer cans.

Yeah that Aluminium is worth something.

Kori Ellis
02-07-2008, 05:08 PM
They sanitation department is coming to get it all for free on a special pick-up. :elephant The woman told me everyone gets one free request ever.

So they are coming next Wednesday.

Thanks!

MannyIsGod
02-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Woah wtf.

Everyone gets one free special pickup a year?

Thats pretty bad ass news.

spurschick
02-07-2008, 05:10 PM
And all was well in the world again.

MannyIsGod
02-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Oh i misread. Ever. Nice.

spurschick
02-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Woah wtf.

Everyone gets one free special pickup a year?

Thats pretty bad ass news.

That's one way to suppose of the dead bodies in your backyard.

Richard Cranium
02-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Call her.

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/niecy-nash-nickelodeons-20th-annual-kids-choice-awards-6GOmx7.jpg

She'll have your house clean in no time.

Kori Ellis
02-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Oh i misread. Ever. Nice.

Yeah she said I could put as much crap out there as I want (but I have to flatten the boxes). They schedule the special pickups only on Wednesdays. After your free one, then it's a pay service.

It's probably similiar to that brush pick-up that they do every 6 months.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Damn....I thought the Victoria crew was getting banned.

:depressed

stretch
02-07-2008, 05:15 PM
I thought so too.

MannyIsGod
02-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Don't worry Kori, I'll bring my trash over next Tuesday night so that its ready to go for your special pickup the next day.

Thanks.

Soul_Patch
02-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Kori i got a truck and a trailer, and live fairly close to you i think. PM me if you want to and i can help haul it off to a dump.

Soul_Patch
02-07-2008, 05:18 PM
woops missed the post where they are coming to get it for you.

disregard.

Kori Ellis
02-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the offer Soul Patch. I'll keep it in mind for next time :tu

Soul_Patch
02-07-2008, 05:19 PM
i totaly thought this was a prime oportunity for a spur!

:(

stretch
02-07-2008, 05:21 PM
can i drop off my grandfathers colostomy bag? its getting pretty smelly, and the house reeks...

bigzak25
02-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Before you actually get rid of it I think mouse should be allowed to go over and rummage through it.

it's funny cuz it's true! :lmao

Das Texan
02-07-2008, 06:30 PM
This reminds me.

I"m getting beyond fucking pissed off at the fucking city.

I have called them now 3 fucking times to get a green recycling bin. I still havent gotten it yet.

I'm going ot kick those mother fuckers in the fucking ass.

Can I just go pick one up somewhere? Jackasses.

midgetonadonkey
02-07-2008, 06:32 PM
This reminds me.

I"m getting beyond fucking pissed off at the fucking city.

I have called them now 3 fucking times to get a green recycling bin. I still havent gotten it yet.

I'm going ot kick those mother fuckers in the fucking ass.

Can I just go pick one up somewhere? Jackasses.

Here you go Dad.

http://www.sanantonio.gov/enviro/solidwaste/recycling.asp?res=1280&ver=true

01Snake
02-07-2008, 06:35 PM
I always find a dumpster at a home being built. Wait til its dark and then drive over and toss the stuff in their dumpster. Problem solved. :D

Das Texan
02-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Here you go Dad.

http://www.sanantonio.gov/enviro/solidwaste/recycling.asp?res=1280&ver=true

been there.

done that.

3 times over.

midgetonadonkey
02-07-2008, 06:38 PM
been there.

done that.

3 times over.

Just steal one from someone down your block.

Melmart1
02-07-2008, 06:45 PM
This must be a neighborhood-specific or subdivision thing, right? We put as much trash as we want out and they always take it. I think the only thing they won't take is really heavy or bulky stuff, or brush. We don't have those containers though and pickup is 2x/week.

Das Texan
02-07-2008, 06:57 PM
This must be a neighborhood-specific or subdivision thing, right? We put as much trash as we want out and they always take it. I think the only thing they won't take is really heavy or bulky stuff, or brush. We don't have those containers though and pickup is 2x/week.

thats how it works.

with containers = specific rules.

no containers = much looser rules

i am in the latter and all i fucking want is a fucking recycling bin!

Kori Ellis
02-07-2008, 07:15 PM

That's how we were too up until last year. Then they switched over to automated pickup. You get one cart and one recycling cart. The pickup is only once a week for trash and once a week for recycling. (I don't recycle). And you can't put out anything extra because it's all automated - the guys don't get out of the truck and pick anything up. It sucks.

I liked it a lot more before automation - 2x/week plus anything goes (except really heavy stuff).

T Park
02-07-2008, 07:17 PM
once a week for recycling. (I don't recycle).

Keep fighting the man Kori :lol

kingsfan
02-07-2008, 07:20 PM
You have to pay to take trash to the dump??? That's crazy. I just took my trash off and it's free. If you want to haul that shit to Georgia I'll take it there for you. :toast
Recycle, save our planet!

Fillmoe
02-07-2008, 08:43 PM
mouse will get rid of it for a case of rollin rock

E20
02-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Our trash collection is automated - they won't take the boxes.

It's illegal too take it to 7-11, I think.
WTF cares? Timvp and you should wear a mask and go to some local apartments or behind a store and just dump that shit in a dumpster.

E20
02-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Or just throw that shit on someone else's lawn in the middle of the night and they will think it is vandalisim.

2Blonde
02-07-2008, 09:52 PM
The other thing you can do for future reference is whe the trash truck comes around, go out and offer them 20 bucks to haul it off. We do that a lot. Our trash guys love us.

RashoFan
02-07-2008, 10:00 PM
They sanitation department is coming to get it all for free on a special pick-up. :elephant The woman told me everyone gets one free request ever.

Thanks!

How about a Getting Rid of the Trash GTG next Tuesday night at your place,everyone who has shit they need tossed brings it over and add to the pile AND we have a GTG at the same time which will result in more trash and the job security for the sanitation peeps is well secured! :lol

Taco
02-07-2008, 10:08 PM

Thanks!

DAMN I WANTED TO HAVE A TRASH CLEANING GTG!!!!! :lol

mrsmaalox
02-07-2008, 10:08 PM
I always take advantage of those free landfill days, and those special pickup days to unload a bunch of crap. But I missed them all one time when I ripped the carpet out of one of the bedrooms; so I cut the carpet into strips then rolled each one up and tied it. Every trash day I tossed one bundle in the can until they were all gone. Only took about a month! :lol

J.T.
02-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about Fillmoe and Norcal getting perm banned. :td

marini martini
02-07-2008, 10:45 PM
I always take advantage of those free landfill days, and those special pickup days to unload a bunch of crap. But I missed them all one time when I ripped the carpet out of one of the bedrooms; so I cut the carpet into strips then rolled each one up and tied it. Every trash day I tossed one bundle in the can until they were all gone. Only took about a month! :lol

Damn, you do have alot of time on your hands!

:lmao

SequSpur
02-08-2008, 01:16 AM
take it to the local elementary school and put the shit in the dumpster... wth?

Das Texan
02-08-2008, 01:37 AM
i still want my fucking recyling bin.

i pay for these fucking services. assholes.

marini martini
02-08-2008, 01:51 AM
Then you got 'em asshole

Taco
02-08-2008, 09:02 AM
i still want my fucking recyling bin.

i pay for these fucking services. assholes.

Call 311 and request one

one day after i put mine out it was gone

call 311 they'll take care of you

Das Texan
02-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Call 311 and request one

one day after i put mine out it was gone

call 311 they'll take care of you

done that too!

i find it comical at this point.

mrsmaalox
02-08-2008, 09:55 AM
done that too!

i find it comical at this point.

Must be fate; you were just never meant to recycle.

Taco
02-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Must be fate; you were just never meant to recycle.
:lol

boutons_
02-08-2008, 11:29 AM
recycle bin = metal, glass, plastic, paper/carton, which is 90% of everybody's garbage anyway. How can anybody NOT recycle, other to be an anarchist/contrarian/libertarian?

I'm really happy with with the robotic bin handling, very cool, (but VERY late). We had standardized bins in Europe 30 years ago but 3-man trucks, a driver plus two bin-haulers who'd roll the bins from each side of the street/sidewalk to the back of the truck for being robotically emptied, then rolled back to the sidewalk. 3-man jobs instead of one, but only one trip down a street rather than SA's 1-man truck going up+down a street.

In urban areas, the 1-man truck wouldn't be practical due to the dense 24x7 curb-parking on nearly all streets leaving no room for the bins.

ShoogarBear
02-08-2008, 12:31 PM
I should call them and see if they'll come up here.

Shelly
02-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Call her.

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/niecy-nash-nickelodeons-20th-annual-kids-choice-awards-6GOmx7.jpg

She'll have your house clean in no time.

I love Niecy Nash!

Kori, if you recycled, you wouldn't have so much trash! :lol

Bigzax
02-08-2008, 07:25 PM
that garage better be spotless for the next GTG. :cuss

Kori Ellis
02-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Kori, if you recycled, you wouldn't have so much trash! :lol

Recycling can't help me :lol

About 80 percent of the crap I have to get rid of is cardboard boxes. Even broken down, the regular automated service only takes what will fit in the bin. And I literally, I have between 50-100 boxes .. most of which are bigger than 2 feet long.

Kori Ellis
02-08-2008, 07:37 PM
recycle bin = metal, glass, plastic, paper/carton, which is 90% of everybody's garbage anyway. How can anybody NOT recycle, other to be an anarchist/contrarian/libertarian?

Most people I know don't recycle either. I'm not an anarchist or any of that. I just don't sort my trash. :lol I put it in large garbage bags and throw it in the main bin.

E20
02-08-2008, 07:37 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about Fillmoe and Norcal getting perm banned. :td
What about me?

Shelly
02-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Recycling can't help me :lol

About 80 percent of the crap I have to get rid of is cardboard boxes. Even broken down, the regular automated service only takes what will fit in the bin. And I literally, I have between 50-100 boxes .. most of which are bigger than 2 feet long.

shoe boxes?

marini martini
02-09-2008, 12:44 AM
shoe boxes?

Yeah! :lmao

Kori Ellis
02-09-2008, 12:46 AM
:lmao Shoes, clothes, Christmas boxes, gift boxes, housewares, etc. Plus, I got a bunch of sample products and items to write about, etc. The FedEx guy said, "Uhh... what's with all the packages? I come here everyday."

Fillmoe
02-09-2008, 01:31 AM
JT keep my dick out of your mouth please

Fillmoe
02-09-2008, 01:31 AM
or ill call your mummy and tell her you've been a bad boy

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-09-2008, 03:15 AM
If our attitude to garbage is that it's "someone else's problem", even though we created it by consuming, then the world is doomed.

That is not aimed at anyone in particular.

I will say no more.

Shelly
02-09-2008, 10:33 AM
:lmao Shoes, clothes, Christmas boxes, gift boxes, housewares, etc. Plus, I got a bunch of sample products and items to write about, etc. The FedEx guy said, "Uhh... what's with all the packages? I come here everyday."

I drive by your street on the way to the gym...I noticed that your garage door looked like it has been bulging a little!

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-09-2008, 10:56 AM
I drive by your street on the way to the gym...I noticed that your garage door looked like it has been bulging a little!

I'm glad I'm not the only one to glance at the Ellis Abode when I drive down that way.

phyzik
02-09-2008, 11:46 AM
my old manager literally just started a franchise business yesterday where they go to your home and take shit you dont want, you dont even have to take it out of the house, they will go in and get it and remove it for you. not sure how much he charges. Here's the website http://1800gotjunk.com/us_en/

TDMVPDPOY
02-09-2008, 01:07 PM
every thought of diggin up ur backyard, frontyard and land filling the place? :D

sa_butta
02-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Mouse could get rid of some trash with one of his dumpster dives.

Kori Ellis
02-09-2008, 09:35 PM
If our attitude to garbage is that it's "someone else's problem", even though we created it by consuming, then the world is doomed.

That is not aimed at anyone in particular.

I will say no more.

I'm of the belief that if I want to pay someone to make it their problem, then I can.

Kori Ellis
02-09-2008, 09:36 PM
my old manager literally just started a franchise business yesterday where they go to your home and take shit you dont want, you dont even have to take it out of the house, they will go in and get it and remove it for you. not sure how much he charges. Here's the website http://1800gotjunk.com/us_en/

Thanks, I'll keep it mind for next time. I looked and it's not that expensive.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-10-2008, 01:24 AM
I'm of the belief that if I want to pay someone to make it their problem, then I can.

Sure you can, and it's a lot better than dumping it in one of the many random places advocated by others in this thread. I was objecting to the dumping, not getting rid of the waste "legitimately" by paying someone to take it away.

As I said, I wasn't having a go at anyone in particular. I was commenting on all the dumping advocated in the thread, which is basically a way of saying "my waste is not my problem" and forcing some other poor sod to deal with it. The secondary meaning of my comment was that we, as individuals and societies, have to start to take our waste more seriously and not produce so much of it.

Wasn't trying to pick a fight and I won't say any more... it's just one of my things.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-10-2008, 01:26 AM

More and more of these are springing up, and it means that a lot more stuff gets reused, recycled or given to charity. :tu

SequSpur
02-10-2008, 01:55 AM
Sure you can, and it's a lot better than dumping it in one of the many random places advocated by others in this thread. I was objecting to the dumping, not getting rid of the waste "legitimately" by paying someone to take it away.

As I said, I wasn't having a go at anyone in particular. I was commenting on all the dumping advocated in the thread, which is basically a way of saying "my waste is not my problem" and forcing some other poor sod to deal with it. The secondary meaning of my comment was that we, as individuals and societies, have to start to take our waste more seriously and not produce so much of it.

Wasn't trying to pick a fight and I won't say any more... it's just one of my things.

WTF are you talking about? Quit being a puss.

Look, get a truck... load that shit up and go to the local elementary school and dump that shit in the dumpster... perfectly legal.... I do that shit all the time...

Shelly
02-10-2008, 10:06 AM
A lot of the schools have huge recycling bins that they get money for when it's picked up.

Although, I think they only take paper products.