PDA

View Full Version : What would have happened if....

NeoConIV
01-05-2005, 05:27 PM
...France, Germany, Russia also sent large military contingents to Iraq and the media did not propagandize/distort either way, but just reported the facts?

How far along would we be now?
What would the insurgency have looked like, assuming it would have arisen?

NeoConIV
01-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Some of you don't want to go there? Completely understandable.

Yonivore
01-06-2005, 02:57 PM
...France, Germany, Russia also sent large military contingents to Iraq and the media did not propagandize/distort either way, but just reported the facts?

How far along would we be now?
What would the insurgency have looked like, assuming it would have arisen?
Seeing as how none of those countries are known for their restraint when engaging an enemy, (as evidenced by France in its many incursion into Africa and Russia in its treatment of Chechnya -- no recent example of Germany springs to mind), I doubt the insurgency would have had much of a chance to grown beyond it's relative encapsulation at the beginning of hostilities -- but, of course, Fallujah, Sadr City, Mosul, and quite possibly, Baghdad, would all be smoking piles of rubble, Mosques, children, women, and pets....

Oh, and their methods for interrogation wouldn't be videotaped by a bunch of enlisted idiots with weird sexual proclivities...they'd be conducted in sealed rooms with soundproof walls by completely loyal special forces.

How'm I doin'?

NeoConIV
01-06-2005, 03:11 PM
How'm I doin'?
Yoni for Prez? :spin