PDA

View Full Version : Time for Mavs to do something

Amarelooms
02-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Ok Cuban get off your ass and make a move now. NO I'm not talking about a huge trade for old ass Jason Kidd. We need a post presence...someone to do some dirty work. Not a big shakeup just a nice addition for the shit players we got. Haslem maybe.... :elephant

Flo-Rida
02-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Ok Cuban get off your ass and make a move now. NO I'm not talking about a huge trade for old ass Jason Kidd. We need a post presence...someone to do some dirty work. Not a big shakeup just a nice addition for the shit players we got. Haslem maybe.... :elephant
And who would you guys offer us for haslem

endrity
02-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Haslem! For what? You clearely don't watch the mavs. A legit 2 is what we need. Magette, Miller, Artest, Redd these are the guys that we should go after.

BillsCarnage
02-08-2008, 12:05 AM
For once the Suns won't be the ones being played like a fiddle by the league. Knowing the Lakers and Suns have made deals any conversation w/ Dallas should require Howard in the deal.

C'mon teams, work Dallas like a drunken bar bitch. That means you too Jersey!!

lefty
02-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Trade the Mavs roster for the Warriors roster

Findog
02-08-2008, 12:17 AM
The Mavs aren't stupid. We don't need to bring in a superstar, all that we really need are solid contributors, like a Kurt Thomas or a Mike Miller. Our holes are scoring and size at the two, and I would want another interior defender now that the West is packed with scoring bigs (Duncan, Boozer, Ming, Gasol, Bynum, Shaq, Amare). Do these writers pay any attention to the Mavs at all? Kidd would help, but PG isn't the most pressing need, and he isn't worth giving up Devin Harris. Plus, I doubt Jersey wants Terry or Stack's contracts. Nothing we'd be willing to give up is of use to the Nets. I think the Mavs are much better off blowing things up or going in a different direction in the offseason, rather than starting over now. The only moves I want to see are opportunistic, like the moves in the past to bring in Juwan Howard or Keith Van Horn.

Amarelooms
02-08-2008, 12:43 AM
For once the Suns won't be the ones being played like a fiddle by the league. Knowing the Lakers and Suns have made deals any conversation w/ Dallas should require Howard in the deal.

C'mon teams, work Dallas like a drunken bar bitch. That means you too Jersey!!

You are a fucking moron...what kind of logic is that? Everyone in the league knows Dirk and Howard are UNTOUCHABLE. What a douche bag :elephant

mavsfan1000
02-08-2008, 05:56 AM
The mavs don't need to make any deals. They actually match up better to the suns now.

Amarelooms
02-08-2008, 09:01 AM
The mavs don't need to make any deals. They actually match up better to the suns now.

Ummmm wrong...Dirk has to guard Amare now cause Damp/Diop will be on Shaq...dont like that on the defensive end even though Dirk will own Amare on the other end. Mavs need to make some moves :elephant

endrity
02-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Ummmm wrong...Dirk has to guard Amare now cause Damp/Diop will be on Shaq...dont like that on the defensive end even though Dirk will own Amare on the other end. Mavs need to make some moves :elephant

Well with Shaq in a lot of the spacing which made the pick and roll and therefore Amare so dangerous are gone. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dirk on Shaq a couple of times too. Plus the Mavs might work a big lineup with Damp Dirk and Bass.
But as you put it very well, who is gonna guard Dirk???? Marion was the only guy who had some success and he still struggled at times. Shaq? Please. Amare? Once he learns what defense is. Doris? Never was good at it, plus if he is in, it means Shaq or Amare is out so easier time on defense.

monosylab1k
02-08-2008, 10:29 AM
?

The one thing that the Mavs could always count on was Marion tanking & playing like total shit against them. Shaq holds such intimidation factor over Dirk it's not even funny.

I don't think it's a good trade for the Suns, but in theory, it helps them match up alot better against Dallas & SA.

I'm betting Phoenix is eager to play Dallas in the playoffs now. They know that all it takes is one Shaq elbow to Dirk's teeth and Dirk will disappear for the rest of the series.

jmard5
02-08-2008, 10:46 AM
?

I'm betting Phoenix is eager to play Dallas in the playoffs now. They know that all it takes is one Shaq elbow to Dirk's teeth and Dirk will disappear for the rest of the series.

:lol

BillsCarnage
02-08-2008, 11:40 AM
You are a fucking moron...what kind of logic is that? Everyone in the league knows Dirk and Howard are UNTOUCHABLE.

Lakers, Suns, Utah and SA have all made additions to the roster. The Hornets could use one more bench player, so i'd be surprised if Dallas doesn't make some kind of move. To say someone is untouchable is fookin idiotic. Duncan is probably the only untouchable in the league and maybe Kobe now.

It doesn't have to be Kidd, but if the mavs make a move i'd like to see the other teams squeeze them as much as possible.

What a douche bag :elephant
I guess that would make you the douche fluid. :toast

monosylab1k
02-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Duncan is probably the only untouchable in the league and maybe Kobe now.
LeBron James and Dwight Howard?

BillsCarnage
02-08-2008, 12:14 PM

Bah, i'm all about the west.. LOL. But, yeah you're right. Probably a few others, but you get the point.

Amarelooms
02-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Lakers, Suns, Utah and SA have all made additions to the roster. The Hornets could use one more bench player, so i'd be surprised if Dallas doesn't make some kind of move. To say someone is untouchable is fookin idiotic. Duncan is probably the only untouchable in the league and maybe Kobe now.

It doesn't have to be Kidd, but if the mavs make a move i'd like to see the other teams squeeze them as much as possible.

I guess that would make you the douche fluid. :toast

You'd like to see another team squeeze them as much as possible? Yeah ok cause the Mavs are gonna make a bad trade to hurt their team. Just pray the Spurs can avoid the Mavs again come playoff time :elephant

Duncan is the only untouchable in the league? HAHAHAHAHA. You are clearly a moron who knows nothing about the NBA other than your limited knowledge of the Spurs. Another Spurs homers making himself look like an ass clown :donkey

ancestron
02-08-2008, 04:03 PM
You'd like to see another team squeeze them as much as possible? Yeah ok cause the Mavs are gonna make a bad trade to hurt their team. Just pray the Spurs can avoid the Mavs again come playoff time :elephant

Duncan is the only untouchable in the league? HAHAHAHAHA. You are clearly a moron who knows nothing about the NBA other than your limited knowledge of the Spurs. Another Spurs homers making himself look like an ass clown :donkey

You are clearly an unhappy person who can only convey disagreement by personally attacking someone.
grow up.

monosylab1k
02-08-2008, 04:03 PM
You are clearly a moron who knows nothing about the NBA other than your limited knowledge of the Spurs. Another Spurs homers making himself look like an ass clown :donkey
He's a Suns fan.

SpursDynasty
02-09-2008, 05:38 PM
It's funny how Dallas wants to make a move but they're not willing to give up anyone...Not giving up Dirk is understandable, but you guys have a list of players that are trade-able, meaning your team can live without them and without these guys it wouldn't make a difference:

Josh Howard
Jason Terry
Devin Harris
Jerry Stackhouse

Findog
02-09-2008, 05:41 PM
It's funny how Dallas wants to make a move but they're not willing to give up anyone...Not giving up Dirk is understandable, but you guys have a list of players that are trade-able, meaning your team can live without them and without these guys it wouldn't make a difference:

Josh Howard
Jason Terry
Devin Harris
Jerry Stackhouse

Newsflash: A rebuilding team won't want Stack or Terry's contracts. Harris and Howard would only be moved in a slam-dunk type of transaction, otherwise trading them is a lateral move.

stretch
02-09-2008, 07:02 PM

Josh Howard
Jason Terry
Devin Harris
Jerry Stackhouse
Hi DazedandConfused

mavsfan1000
02-09-2008, 08:33 PM
?

The one thing that the Mavs could always count on was Marion tanking & playing like total shit against them. Shaq holds such intimidation factor over Dirk it's not even funny.

I don't think it's a good trade for the Suns, but in theory, it helps them match up alot better against Dallas & SA.

You gotta be smarter than this. Dallas has always had problems with Phoenix and Golden State because of them having the speed advantage. Dallas now has the speed advantage against Phoenix and Golden State lost some of it with the loss of Jason Richardson. Haslem is a very good defender and it sounds like you are giving Shaq too much credit for Dirk's struggles against Miami. I would actually switch and put Dirk on Grant Hill or Boris Diaw and Eddie Jones or Devean George on Amare Stoudemire. At least early in the game. Phoenix also lost their great perimeter spacing and Dampier and Diop can stay home.

td4mvp21
02-09-2008, 08:43 PM
You gotta be smarter than this. Dallas has always had problems with Phoenix and Golden State because of them having the speed advantage. Dallas now has the speed advantage against Phoenix and Golden State lost some of it with the loss of Jason Richardson. Haslem is a very good defender and it sounds like you are giving Shaq too much credit for Dirk's struggles against Miami. I would actually switch and put Dirk on Grant Hill or Boris Diaw and Eddie Jones or Devean George on Amare Stoudemire. At least early in the game. Phoenix also lost their great perimeter spacing and Dampier and Diop can stay home.

Bingo. The reason why Phoenix had given Dallas trouble the last couple of seasons was because their bigs were useless against them and they often had to go small to counter (I think? Correct me if I'm wrong, Mavs fans). Dallas sucks with small ball, at least against Phoenix and Golden State. They are at their best when they have two bigs in there, and this will allow them to do so.

m33p0
02-09-2008, 11:20 PM
James will leave on his own accord. Howard can be had for the right package.... have to be big though. Duncan IS the Spurs. san antonio will ride him for as long as he wants to play.

monosylab1k
02-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Last I checked, Dallas wins half of the time against Phoenix, with or without Amare. Last I checked, the last time Dallas & Phoenix met in the playoffs, Dallas won. And the time before that, we would have at least taken them 7 games if not for Jason Terry blowing a defensive assignment. We don't get killed by Phoenix the way Golden State used to kill us.

Phoenix has problems with Dallas because they can't rebound for shit against us. Yeah their smallball used to hurt us some, but mainly we could control the game alot better than most teams could because we could get so many offensive rebounds. Where the hell do you get off thinking Phoenix is some huge matchup problem for Dallas? We win half the time.

You gotta be smarter than this.

monosylab1k
02-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Bingo. The reason why Phoenix had given Dallas trouble the last couple of seasons was because their bigs were useless against them and they often had to go small to counter (I think? Correct me if I'm wrong, Mavs fans). Dallas sucks with small ball, at least against Phoenix and Golden State. They are at their best when they have two bigs in there, and this will allow them to do so.
The reason Dallas loses is because Erick Dampier is incapable of guarding Amare.

Would people go back and look at the results of the past few seasons? We win at least half of the times we play Phoenix. How does that equate to "we can't beat them"?