PDA

View Full Version : dubya refuses to pay for vet mental problems

boutons_
02-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Spin this one, WC:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/02/05/MNQLUQ4IS.DTL

Wild Cobra
02-08-2008, 10:23 PM
I don't need to spin anything. Your title is a lie. Did you read the article carefully? President Bush extended benefits according to the article! It's the VA making the decisions on claims, not the Bush administration. The only negative thing you can spin from the article about president Bush is that they say what the law is. Sorry if you don't like it. Congress makes the laws!

If you want more from me, give me more to have access to research like congressional bill numbers and court dockets. Not someone elses propaganda.

PEP
02-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Bush is personally going over each claim and denying them all! DENIED DENIED DENIED!!!!

boutons_
02-09-2008, 11:29 AM
The VA works for the Commander in Chief, who is responsible/accountable for nothing, especially not the 10s of 1000s of lives/bodies/minds he has destroyed to grab Iraq's oil.

Why doesn't this C-i-C take care of "his" troops with the same bulldozing effectiveness he uses to take care of the corps and super-rich? The $1T estate taxes he gave to the super-rich would have helped a hell of a lot of these fucked up, forgotten soldiers.

clambake
02-09-2008, 11:46 AM
our tax dollars are being used to build Iranian nukes. we need to make sure there's something to blow up.

these kids knew what they were signing up for. bush can handle the ravages of war. why can't they?

boutons_
02-09-2008, 03:27 PM
As always with dubya, there's infiintely more shit. Unless you're corp or super-rich, dubya only talks, never walks:

No Funds in Bush Budget For Troop-Benefits Plan

He Made Proposal in January Speech

By Michael Abramowitz and Robin Wright
Washington Post Staff Writers
Saturday, February 9, 2008; A01

President Bush drew great applause during his State of the Union address last month when he called on Congress to allow U.S. troops to transfer their unused education benefits to family members. "Our military families serve our nation, they inspire our nation, and tonight our nation honors them," he said.

A week later, however, when Bush submitted his $3.1 trillion federal budget to Congress, he included no funding for such an initiative, which government analysts calculate could cost $1 billion to $2 billion annually.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/08/AR2008020804136.html?nav=hcmodule

Damn, the CiC fucking over his suckered grunts yet again.

PEP
02-10-2008, 09:25 PM
When do we lose our civil liberties? When are all the Muslims in the US going to be thrown into camps?