PDA

View Full Version : rumors have artest to suns...now we are in trouble

stxspurs
02-08-2008, 09:47 AM
http://boards.ign.com/basketball/b5109/158641447/p1/?34 (http://)

spurs make a trade :pctoss

JMarkJohns
02-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Thread already in NBA forum... besides, your link doesn't work. At least not for me.

ATXSPUR
02-08-2008, 10:00 AM
This doesn't happen without them losing some serious cogs.

JMarkJohns
02-08-2008, 10:03 AM
That's not true. They have an 8 million trade exception that can assume Artest's salary for this season, so now, all they have to do is worry about compensation. I'd hate it, but they have a mid-1st from Atlanta that could be enough.

Realistically, they can net him and not lose a single player on the roster.

101A
02-08-2008, 10:15 AM
I thought the BIG deal about the Shaq trade was that it would improve Chemistry?

Artest?

Now Kerr hasn't just bet the farm, he's put his kids college savings on the table, too.

Are we supposed to be scared of a team that will have 3/5th's NEW starters this year, and 40% with less than half a season to work it all out? It may work, but there is SO much speculation, what if's, etc. involved, it's stupid to discuss it.

SenorSpur
02-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Love it when teams make desparate decisions in trying to buy a championship

Ghost Writer
02-08-2008, 10:26 AM
F' that.

We should try to get Artest somehow.

Cherry
02-08-2008, 10:31 AM
.................................................↑

my2sons
02-08-2008, 10:32 AM
it worked for miami for one year

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-08-2008, 10:55 AM
They move Marion at least partly for chemistry reasons and now they are talking about bringing in this loose cannon? He's been a headache for every team he ever played for.

The Shaq trade was a high risk/high reward proposition. I would view this as high risk/moderate reward at best.

Ghost Writer
02-08-2008, 10:56 AM
When was the last time Artest caused drama?

Back in 2005 in Indiana?

Taco
02-08-2008, 10:59 AM

Back in 2005 in Indiana?

LAST YEAR HE WAS SUSPENDED

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2788871

stxspurs
02-08-2008, 11:02 AM
yup...i havent heard jack about him all year.....i just think we need ane more addition to help out....elson/bonner are a bust, and should be what we trade with. .......for who? i dont know but its obvious we need to do something b4 the deadline.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Recently he's gone to the media saying things like, "The Kings would be better off without me." Just makes you wonder where his head's at.

ambchang
02-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Artest usually goes on good behaviour for a couple of months whenever he's on a new team. On paper alone, a line up of
Nash/Barbosa
Bell/Artest
Hill/Artest
Stoudamire
O'Neal
does look scary.

Ghost Writer
02-08-2008, 11:23 AM
I think he's worth the risk. He can walk at the end of the year. And Pop is a drill sergeant.

Eventually, everyone has to grow up.

mathbzh
02-08-2008, 11:37 AM
In a desperate move for a championship he worth the risk.

Ghost Writer
02-08-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm desperate!

Cry Havoc
02-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Yeah, the Suns basically have to make a move. They have no defense right now outside 6' and Bell, who the Spurs will torch in the playoffs annually.

Really, if you're gambling everything for one championship, why don't you make this move? If Shaq doesn't pan out, it won't matter anyway, because Nash only has a year or two left on those legs. You can only bet the farm once, and they've done that with Shaq.

Also, I would really like to see the Spurs make a move for more firepower (Miller) if they can get this done. Either way we should be fine if healthy, but I'd like to have some assurance that even if Barry or someone is hurt for the playoffs, we'll have a gunner who can drill shots.

T Park
02-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Eventually, everyone has to grow up

How do you make a mental case grow up.

No thanks, ill continue rooting for a team with class people.

You go root for someone else trick.

spursfan09
02-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Ok, so why are teams around the league just giving thier players to other teams to help them beat the spurs? Is it a conspiracy against them or what?

T Park
02-08-2008, 12:14 PM
I doubt that.

Sounds more like the Kings are giddy to get rid of a homicidal maniac.

MrChug
02-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Rumors have Elvis still alive too apparantly.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-08-2008, 12:25 PM
If only they could have done this deal last year. Can you imagine Ronny staying seated when Horry sent Nash to the floor?

Ghost Writer
02-08-2008, 12:26 PM
How do you make a mental case grow up.

No thanks, ill continue rooting for a team with class people.

You go root for someone else trick.
Uncalled for, T Park.

You would learn to love Artest in the silver & black.

P.S.

You should add the cheerleader chic from "Heroes" to your posts. Wait... she just turned 18 and is legal. Nevermind.

Cry Havoc
02-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Ok, so why are teams around the league just giving thier players to other teams to help them beat the spurs? Is it a conspiracy against them or what?

I believe that's known in the sporting industry as "abject terror".

ShoogarBear
02-08-2008, 12:34 PM
On the other hand, you got to figure if anyone can make Artest shape up, it's Shaq. Kind of like MJ did with Rodman.

Radiosparks
02-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Regardless, it's a scary thought.

boutons_
02-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Artest of today is not the Artest pre-suspension. He's sorta like Bonzi, big, strong, tough, very effective ... but only when he wants to be, which isn't very often.

still.focused
02-08-2008, 01:06 PM
In similar news
the Pacers have put Jermaine Oneal on the block
JO wanted to come to SA during free agency but stayed cuz he likes Isaiah Thomas
Uh, but then the Pacers promplty fired Thomas
Id love to see Tim and Jermaine in the front court

Rummpd
02-08-2008, 01:09 PM
JO is worth a lot of risk, Artest is not. JO much more upside.

n1n10do
02-08-2008, 01:17 PM
I would rather trade for JO than for Artest

Princess Pimp
02-08-2008, 01:28 PM
No trades for you..

Scared?

Ghost Writer
02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Artest of today is not the Artest pre-suspension. He's sorta like Bonzi, big, strong, tough, very effective ... but only when he wants to be, which isn't very often.
Wrong. Watch a game.

He is still one of the premier man-to-man perimeter defenders.

Artest rebounds, steals, hits 3s and even gets some blocks.

He can swing from SG to SF to PF on occasion.

He's very good.

baseline bum
02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
That could be really bad if the Suns traded for Artest. He completely shut Manu down in all but like one game in that '06 series vs. Sacramento. We're talking old-school Bowen vs. Stojakovic level owning.

ShoogarBear
02-08-2008, 01:35 PM
That could be really bad if the Suns traded for Artest. He completely shut Manu down in all but like one game in that '06 series vs. Sacramento. We're talking old-school Bowen vs. Stojakovic level owning.True, but unless D'Antoni installs a defensive system, one-on-one defense tends to not do a whole lot.

And unless Ron-Ron changes his colors, his penchant for pounding the ball for ten seconds will completely break the Phoenix offense.

Ghost Writer
02-08-2008, 02:02 PM
True, but unless D'Antoni installs a defensive system, one-on-one defense tends to not do a whole lot.

And unless Ron-Ron changes his colors, his penchant for pounding the ball for ten seconds will completely break the Phoenix offense.
Are you serious.

Obviously, the Suns got Shaq and are looking at Artest, because they finally realize that offenses need to score more in the halfcourt in the playoffs.

Artest should be on our team!

E20
02-08-2008, 02:03 PM
True, but unless D'Antoni installs a defensive system, one-on-one defense tends to not do a whole lot.

With one wave of Shaq's mighty penis, Ron Ron will be instantly pertrified and bow to his will. Shaq will make Ron his bitch.

urunobili
02-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Raja Bell already fills the role of what Artest could bring for the suns... it would be a chemistry dismantling move and welcome by us if it happens.. i don;t c Raja standing him

tav1
02-08-2008, 02:04 PM
If this happens, the Suns are much more likely to win a championship. In fact, I don't know if the Spurs could beat them. I'm nearly in favor of our trading for Artest simply to prevent him from going to LA, Phoenix, NO, Dallas, etc...

T Park
02-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Uncalled for, T Park.

You would learn to love Artest in the silver & black.

P.S.

You should add the cheerleader chic from "Heroes" to your posts. Wait... she just turned 18 and is legal. Nevermind.

You see that would be funny if uh, the girls in my sig werent already in their 20s.

Intelligence never was your strong suit.

No I would never like Ron Artest in a Spurs uniform. I couldn't stand Dennis Rodman, and I popdamntee you I would detest Artest in a Spur uniform.

I would definately sell my tickets for i wouldn't want to be apart of anything that piece of shit has to deal with.

spursfan09
02-08-2008, 02:07 PM
I believe that's known in the sporting industry as "abject terror".

Wow. so it even has a term? :lol

I don't really believe that, but it seems unfair teams are getting new players who will help thier team practically for nothing. I'm not saying the Spurs need to make moves to counter, but if Artest goes to Suns...

spursfan09
02-08-2008, 02:09 PM
No trades for you..

Scared?

Teams are trading to beat the Spurs. Should we trade to beat ourselves? We'll see come playoff time if those moves actually worked. Right now biggest Spurs move is to get Tony Parker back healthy.

Xylus
02-08-2008, 02:09 PM
I think my hunger for just one championship would overshadow whatever reservations I have about letting Artest join the team. I think Artest would definitely be the missing piece, because he's Marion-like but an even better defender. It's different for Spurs fans, who have had the chance to enjoy 4 separate victories. You don't need an Artest-type player to satisfy that kind of hunger.

T Park
02-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I don't know why you'd sell out just for a ring.

Gotta have some principles.

Xylus
02-08-2008, 03:51 PM
I don't know why you'd sell out just for a ring.

Gotta have some principles.
Principles? What are you talking about? It's not like I'm promoting cheating or buying the refs out. Artest is a bit of a nutjob, but he does a lot of the same things Marion did.

T Park
02-08-2008, 03:55 PM
A bit?

Thats like saying Charles Manson was a bit of a murderer.

timvp
02-08-2008, 03:56 PM
If the Suns got Artest, that'd be damn scary. Raja Bell and Artest to guard Manu and Parker? With Shaq and Amare to clog the middle? Not even D'Antoni could mess up those types of defensive assets.

If the trade goes down, I'd have admit that the Suns would be the favorites to win the championship. Teams would have to hope for Shaq to get hurt or Artest to snap.

atxrocker
02-08-2008, 04:00 PM
question that needs to be addressed here that noone seems to mention, who in the fuck would sac get from the deal? we're ready to move him, but i'd imagine we would want some value in return. don't see us giving him for free ala memphis here.

hater
02-08-2008, 04:07 PM
the suns could trade for MJ of 96 and still D'antoni would not know how to carry them to the championship.

they need to trade for a coach if they really want to win

Ghost Writer
02-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Kerr bringing in Shaq signifies the first step in transforming the Suns into a team that can score in the halfcourt in the playoffs.

Artest is a superior defender and scores well in the halfcourt.

I wish the Spurs would sign Artest if only for T Park to disown the team.

remingtonbo2001
02-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Artest would snap come post-season.

It's just a feeling, but a strong one none the less.

One bad loss and the snowball would soon turn into an avalanch.

atxrocker
02-08-2008, 04:14 PM
everyone is talking about artest and about the suns. uh... yeah, the KINGS would sorta have to be involved to make this work, no?

Indazone
02-08-2008, 04:15 PM
How about the rumor of Cassell to the Rockets ;)

JMarkJohns
02-08-2008, 06:31 PM
everyone is talking about artest and about the suns. uh... yeah, the KINGS would sorta have to be involved to make this work, no?

You act as if the Kings are intent on keeping him. He's likely to walk at seasons end, so if they can nab the Atlanta 1st from the Suns for him, I think that's pretty solid compensation for a 3-month, hopefully 4-month, rental.

He's been rumored to a number of teams recently. I'm notsaying he has to go to the Suns, but the Kings would be pretty foolish to keep him at this point. He's not sticking around after this year and it's not like his contract is so huge that they'll net any kind of CAP relief. Not having to pay his salary from this point forward and a mid-1st is certainly reason enough to ship him off.

ChumpDumper
02-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Is Artest worth $15 million this season to Sarver?

bonesinaz
02-08-2008, 06:47 PM
I think he's worth the risk. He can walk at the end of the year. And Pop is a drill sergeant.

Eventually, everyone has to grow up.

Except that Ron Artest has a mental illness. It is not about growing up. It is about taking his medication. The very illness that requires medication also makes the person not willing to take it.

ShoogarBear
02-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Are you serious.

Obviously, the Suns got Shaq and are looking at Artest, because they finally realize that offenses need to score more in the halfcourt in the playoffs.

Artest should be on our team!Have you ever watched Artest play basketball or do you just pull these out of your butt? 50% of the time he kills the offense because he thinks he's a first-option scorer.

Louie Vega
02-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Let him go to Phoenix and fuck that team up then!

Louie Vega
02-08-2008, 06:52 PM

exstatic
02-08-2008, 07:15 PM

Back in 2005 in Indiana?
This year. Last year. They've been trying to dump his ass since after the 2006 playoff series, when he'd been there a whole 3 months.

exstatic
02-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Let him go to Phoenix and fuck that team up then!
+1

AFBlue
02-08-2008, 07:25 PM
When did the Suns become the NY Knicks?!?!?!

All of the sudden they're making trade for high-profile players that don't fit a system or build team chemistry...what's the deal?

Bringing in Shaq was questionable because of his health, bloated contract, and fit to the system. Bringing in Artest would be questionable because his mental state is....well, questionable.

td4mvp21
02-08-2008, 07:31 PM
When did the Suns become the NY Knicks?!?!?!

All of the sudden they're making trade for high-profile players that don't fit a system or build team chemistry...what's the deal?

Bringing in Shaq was questionable because of his health, bloated contract, and fit to the system. Bringing in Artest would be questionable because his mental state is....well, questionable.

Agreed. Every year the Spurs have won a championship, it is because of CHEMISTRY and TEAMWORK. They've been beating teams with superior level of talent for years, solely because they play damn good together. It's not about high profile players, but rather finding the right pieces to make it work.

remingtonbo2001
02-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Have you ever watched Artest play basketball or do you just pull these out of your butt? 50% of the time he kills the offense because he thinks he's a first-option scorer.

:lol It's funny cause it's true.

BonnerDynasty
02-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Didn't Artest pretty much take the Spurs to 6 games by himself a while back when the Kings met the Spurs?

I'd hate the Suns to get Artest. He is good.

debo
02-08-2008, 10:25 PM
is there a source

exstatic
02-08-2008, 10:27 PM
is there a source
The internets said so.

debo
02-08-2008, 10:31 PM
ahh of course, the internets know all

Capt Bringdown
02-08-2008, 10:35 PM
I agree, a highly motivated Shaq should be able to keep Artest in line.

exstatic
02-08-2008, 10:43 PM
I agree, a highly motivated Shaq should be able to keep Artest in line.
Yeah, because he did such a great job of keeping Kobe in line. If there was leadership in that Laker locker room, it wasn't coming from Shaq. He's never struck me as any kind of team leader. He's a fucking clown.

peskypesky
02-08-2008, 10:57 PM
I Do Not Want Artest On The Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yuixafun
02-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Didn't Artest pretty much take the Spurs to 6 games by himself a while back when the Kings met the Spurs?

I'd hate the Suns to get Artest. He is good.

That was Bonzi Wells

bigfundamental21
02-09-2008, 12:03 AM
I think the Suns are in desperation mode. They know that if they are gonna ever win a championship, it has to be done while Nash is still on the team. And the window of opportunity is closing. So, if they want to bring in all these players then let them. As has been said, sometimes the pieces added can do more harm than good... chemistry wise. And even if you have all of the best players in the world, it always comes down to role players.

easjer
02-09-2008, 12:10 AM
That was Bonzi Wells

And Kevin Martin. That kid scorched us good in that series.

BillsCarnage
02-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Artest is not coming to the Suns.. End of story, now lets kill this thread.

Findog
02-09-2008, 02:44 AM
Well, the thing about the West is that you have ten very good teams, so right off the bat, two clubs are done after April 20th. I mean, you have to beat three of them, not seven, to get to the Finals. There's going to be no shame in a first-round exit because no matter where you're seeded, you're going to be facing a good team.

Shaq going to Phoenix:

It's a testimony to the decline in his production and his questionable work ethic at times that this isn't being seen as a slam dunk for the Suns. I know he and Wade have both missed a ton of games this year, and the supporting cast around them in Miami wasn't very good, but it's still mind-boggling just how bad the Heat have been this season. You figure Shaq and Wade and 10 D-Leaguers could be competitive in the East, but that wasn't the case. And Phoenix is giving up their best all-around defender, best finisher on the fast break, their best rebounder when that's their biggest weakness, a guy who just does a ton of things for them. Unless they use that trade exception to shore up what Marion brought them, they are going to miss a lot of what he did. That said, there could be a huge payoff for the Suns. I can't immediately dismiss this. Making this trade is an acknowledgment that despite having the best record in the West, they didn't have faith that they could win a title as is. So they have nowhere to go but up by making a change. Shaq instantly makes them tougher and bigger. He allows Amare to slide back to the four. He'll be a nice weak side option when Nash and Amare run the pic' n roll. And I have to figure that a motivated Shaq, being set up by Steve Nash on an elite team with a chance to win a title, is going to be way more effective than a lazy and disinterested Shaq being fed entry passes by Chris Quinn. Steve Nash is renowned for his ability to make guys better, and that will be true with Shaq as well. The gamble and risk of course is how injury-prone he is at this stage of his career, and the fact that he is a lot more foul-prone because he doesn't move and rotate as well on defense as he used to. He's not going to do the Suns any good sitting on the bench in a suit or in foul trouble. The other thing to consider is that making a major move in the middle of the season, and the Suns are making a major change in philosophy and X's and O's, it takes time to integrate and get some on-court chemistry going. They have two months to get into a groove with their new lineup. I'd feel a lot better about this for Phoenix if this had happened in training camp. The Pistons didn't give up anything of substance to acquire Rasheed for their title run.

Gasol to the Lakers:

Well, Gasol is certainly a much better player than Kwame Brown, and I think he'll be a natural in the triangle, so of course the Lakers are better. But he's soft and a liability on defense, and the Grizz never won anything with him, so let's hold off on the championship parade plans for now. Bottom line, he'll be great for spreading the floor and operating out of the high post where he can hit a jumper, he has a high basketball IQ and I'm sure he'll be happy to be a third option on a good team. The Lakers are deep now, they're well-coached, they play defense, and they have the game's best closer. They should be mentioned among the contenders, but they're far from a lock to win a title.

New Orleans:

Great story, but not enough experience. They might win a series or two, but I don't see them beating the Spurs, Mavericks or Lakers. Their success against Phoenix is kind of moot now that the Suns are a new team.

Utah:

They've got a great team, they can play big or small, uptempo or halfcourt, and they can stretch defenses with Okur. Williams at the point and Boozer down in the post is a solid foundation, and they can play defense. Korver has solidified their outside shooting, which had been a weakness. It demonstrates the depth and competitiveness of the West that a team as good as Utah can be overlooked, but they're dangerous.

San Antonio:

I know they've struggled, and that supporting cast around their Big Three looks weak, but they're a good/great defensive team and they have Duncan. They have to be looked at as the favorites once the playoffs get underway. Nothing more really needs to be said about these guys. They're the champs until somebody shows they can beat them.

Kidd to the Mavericks:

Why in the hell do all these writers keep advocating this? Would Kidd help Dallas? Of course he would, he's Jason Kidd. So having established that, what would it take to get him back to his original team? He makes $20 million a year. Would New Jersey want Jerry Stackhouse's contract? Jason Terry's? I don't think Rod Thorn is that dumb. It completely defeats the purpose of acquiring him if it takes Josh Howard, and that goes for Devin Harris as well. And Harris is ultimately what it would take to make Kidd a Mav unless they can somehow get a third team involved. It also shows just how far Harris has come along and where Kidd is at in his career that it's not at all clearcut that the Mavs are better off with him at the point instead of Harris. Harris is better at defending the speedy point guards Dallas is likely to see in the playoffs, like Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Tony Parker and Allen Iverson. If teams follow Golden State's approach and swarm Dirk with double teams, who do you want shooting from the outside, Devin Harris and his much-improved outside shooting, or Jason Kidd, who has NEVER been a good shooter? Kidd is a much better passer and has better court vision than Harris, which is pretty much Job One for any point guard, and it's STILL not at all clear that he fits the Mavs needs over Harris. Kidd will also likely want an extension and will narrow Dallas' window for a title if he comes in. I haven't even mentioned that Devin is ten years younger than Kidd.

Dallas is also at or near the top in offensive efficiency, so ball movement and an over-reliance on iso play hasn't been the problem for them this year. It's their defense that's sagged off, along with the gaping hole at the two, where they don't have enough size or scoring. If the Mavs are looking for insurance at the point, Sam Cassell is a much better option, considering his friendlier contract and he's a better outside shooter than Kidd. Otherwise, they would do well to add another interior defender (Kurt Thomas perhaps?) to deal with the likes of Bynum, Gasol, Shaq, Amare, Boozer, Ming and Duncan, as well as a two that can score (Mike Miller or Wally S). The Mavs aren't trading for what Kidd did the past ten years, but what he's likely to do in the next three months, and if I'm Donnie Nelson, I'm not interested.

Denver, Golden State, Portland, Houston:

Ultimately I can't see these teams as anything more than first-round fodder. That may change, and the Rockets have recently come on and are playing with more cohesion. At this point, however, they don't merit much more thought.

mojorizen7
02-09-2008, 03:42 AM
I've been lobbying for Artest to the SUNS for a year now. I've also caught a bunch of shit for it. Shit from the same fans that "believed" in run & gun & small ball.
Here we are....with the Shaq trade, Kerr has made his first move towards ejecting that style back to Europe where it belongs(& where D'Antoni belongs).
Having said that, i seriously doubt the SUNS make a play for Ron Ron. Yeah he gives us exactly what we need in Marions absence, but the SUNS haven't taken a gamble on a troubled talent since Richard Dumas. It's different ownership now but i believe high character is still high on the list of qualities when looking to bring in people.
As far as Artest fitting in on the court, with Nash is running the show, touches won't be a problem for anybody....including Ron Ron IMO.
I'm praying for this...but IMO it's not likely.
NASH
BELL
BARBOSA
HILL
ARTEST
DIAW
STOUDEMIRE
SKINNER
O'NEILL
= Solid with little weaknesses & built for W's in the post-season. I doubt that even DA could fuck that up.
I've read Artest wants to go to the NY Knicks.?.?(more confirmation that he's mentally unstable).
Someone mentioned before that the SUNS are in desperation mode to win a championship.....Gee? Ya think?...and why is that a bad thing?
Kerr the GM has just begun to undo the regular season show boat mess that D'Antoni the GM had instilled here.
I haven't been this pumped for the future in a while.
Artest? Do it Kerr. I dare ya.

Indazone
02-09-2008, 03:42 AM
Suns own Atlanta's first pick. That pick and their Trade Exception probably gets them Artest.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2008, 03:46 AM
Suns own Atlanta's first pick. That pick and their Trade Exception probably gets them Artest.But
Is Artest worth $15 million this season to Sarver?

ShoogarBear
02-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Nice analysis . . . but . . .

Golden State:

Ultimately I can't see these teams as anything more than first-round fodder. At this point, however, they don't merit much more thought.:lol

Sorry, you are not allowed to even think that for another five years.

m33p0
02-09-2008, 11:17 AM
we are?

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Nuggets want Artest and are offering Eddie Najera & Jr Smith but the Kings want Najera/Kleiza.

No way should the Nuggets give up a young stud like LK for a 3 month rental of Artest.

Hopefully the Kings FO will cave and take the offered deal :smokin or they could hold him and just let him walk but im sure they want something in return.

JMarkJohns
02-09-2008, 12:47 PM
If the Suns are in fact interested and are offering their trade exception and that Atl 1st, I'd think Artest is the Suns to lose. Smith is talented, but due for a payday that the Kings don't really want to make, being that they already have Martin locked up at the SG spot, Salmons at the SF and Garcia being extension elibable this offseason.

Smith makes no sense for the Kings. None at all.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-09-2008, 12:48 PM
His Agent said he thinks he will be traded east

T Park
02-09-2008, 12:50 PM
There is a god.

Send him to Boston to fuck up that team.

Ronaldo McDonald
02-09-2008, 01:11 PM
if u are the spurs, then go for him. all this talk about sticking to principles sounds good and everything, but in the end all ur remembered for is success. just look at the bulls. did rodman hurt that franchise's reputation? no. in fact, no one gives a shit about him.

Findog
02-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Nice analysis . . . but . . .

:lol

Sorry, you are not allowed to even think that for another five years.

I guess I should amend that to say Golden State is first-round fodder, unless they play the Mavs, in which case they can go ahead and punch their ticket to the second round.
:lol

Sense
02-09-2008, 04:00 PM
we need a center

wildbill2u
02-09-2008, 04:41 PM
I was listening to an interview the other day on the Jim Rome show with Eric Musselman who was coach for the Kings with Artest. Here are some of his comments:

Artest was every coach's dream: first to practice and last to leave. Hit the weight room. Always wanted to defend the opponents best player. Worked on his own game. Wanted to take the last pressure shot. Incredibly talented.

But...sometimes brought an attitude.

That was as far as he'd go.

Cherry
02-09-2008, 07:24 PM
if u are the spurs, then go for him. all this talk about sticking to principles sounds good and everything, but in the end all ur remembered for is success. just look at the bulls. did rodman hurt that franchise's reputation? no. in fact, no one gives a shit about him.

I think this is not about principles. This is about one simple fact: the guy is out of control and that can hurt any team, anytime.

Strike
02-09-2008, 07:32 PM
I was listening to an interview the other day on the Jim Rome show with Eric Musselman who was coach for the Kings with Artest. Here are some of his comments:

Artest was every coach's dream: first to practice and last to leave. Hit the weight room. Always wanted to defend the opponents best player. Worked on his own game. Wanted to take the last pressure shot. Incredibly talented.

But...sometimes brought an attitude.

That was as far as he'd go.

Hmmm, a long list of positives, and only a slight mention of his attitude.

Curious.