PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Talking O'Neal Trade With Several Teams

ploto
02-08-2008, 11:46 AM
While most of the Knicks act and talk like they want nothing to do with Isiah Thomas, Pacers forward/center Jermaine O'Neal has made it clear that he would gladly accept a trade to New York.

"I think in this business you got to be willing to believe at some point, if your team struggles you are going to be traded," O'Neal said after the Pacers handed the Knicks their seventh straight loss on Wednesday night. "I would accept it...

According to O'Neal, the Pacers are in trade talks with several teams and it is no secret that Thomas has tried on several occasions to acquire O'Neal, whom he coached for three seasons in Indiana. O'Neal's high school coach, George Glymph, is on Thomas' staff...

O'Neal said the Knicks lacked a leader, which is a void that the six-time All-Star could easily fill, according to Thomas.

"When I was coaching him, I saw those things," Thomas said when asked about O'Neal's leadership qualities. Thomas refused to comment on any conversations he has had with teams about potential trades, but his infatuation with the 6-11 O'Neal is no secret.

"Jermaine is one of my favorite people on Earth," Thomas said. "I think the world of him as a person and a player...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2008/02/08/2008-02-08_jermaine_oneal_remains_knick_fan-4.html

ancestron
02-08-2008, 11:49 AM
This is madness!!!

eisfeld
02-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Madness indeed...

1Parker1
02-08-2008, 12:09 PM
:lmao He's not even a leader on the Indiana Pacers...what leadership skills does he think he can bring to NY?

And his quote doesn't even make sense...

"I think in this business you got to be willing to believe at some point, if your team struggles you are going to be traded," O'Neal said after the Pacers handed the Knicks their seventh straight loss on Wednesday night. "I would accept it...

Does he think him going to NY, the team won't be struggling there?

boutons_
02-08-2008, 12:39 PM
NY fans will destroy JO. He's fat and slow and prone to injury.

A leader? :lol

And he can throw a wicked punch at a fan, but he can't land the punch.

Rummpd
02-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Go for him Spurs - I would trade many expiring contracts as on Spurs he could be defensive killer and on offense the 3rd- 4th option. Don't kid yourself a healthy JO is stud.

1Parker1
02-08-2008, 02:02 PM
^Don't kid yourself? Are you joking? When was the last time O'neal had a healthy season..i.e. he did not miss significant time with an injury? And when has he ever led his team to anything? I would think a "stud" would be able to carry his team to at least the 8th seed in the weak Eastern Conference all by himself...

O'Neal is so overated it's not even funny. There's a lot of players in the NBA you could argue and say "wow they'd be great"...(if they could stay healthy)

ace3g
02-08-2008, 02:11 PM
This is madness!!!

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!