PDA

View Full Version : What a dumbass loss by the Sonics

word
02-08-2008, 11:38 PM
How does an NBA player, after he just had a timeout, not know they have no timeouts left ? Wow.

Armando
02-08-2008, 11:41 PM
:lol

Xylus
02-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Put it in the W column!

UV Ray
02-08-2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah Baby!

itzsoweezee
02-08-2008, 11:43 PM
How does an NBA player, after he just had a timeout, not know they have no timeouts left ? Wow.

so who was the bonehead? didn't see the game

peskypesky
02-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Fits in nicely with the moronic loss by the Knicks to the Spurs tonight. I was amazed that a team could execute so badly when the game was theirs....but then again, this is an Isaiah Thomas-coached team. Thank you, coach!

Armando
02-08-2008, 11:45 PM
so who was the bonehead? didn't see the game

Wally

word
02-09-2008, 01:21 AM
Fits in nicely with the moronic loss by the Knicks to the Spurs tonight. I was amazed that a team could execute so badly when the game was theirs....but then again, this is an Isaiah Thomas-coached team. Thank you, coach!

Yup, just like Kenny Smith said, you don't give up, you keep executing. Good teams do it all the time. Their chances of winning are very remote but they keep executing if for no other reason than practice and to be in the HABIT of properly using the clock and executing the game so when it DOES matter it's all second nature to them. Christ...one thing I hate and I mean HATE is when professional athletes play like highschool kids. Win or lose. Not play bad per se or miss shots but make bizarre mental errors. Isiah Thomas is an idiot. I keep hearing SAS going on about how the Knicks play like they don't care and have given up but for crying out loud, their coach gives up. Once again, just out of a timeout and they don't know to FOUL ? WTF ? How do your players NOT KNOW to foul ? Huh ? What did they TALK about during the timeout ? It's like in Bull Durham when they were discussing wedding gifts. Honestly, WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY TALK ABOUT DURING THE TIMEOUT in BOTH instances ? Ginobilis foul on Dirk in 2006 another example we're all too familiar with. And just WHAT was discussed during this timeout ? The weather ? Manu didni't get the memo about not fouling ? Was listening to his iPod in the huddle ? That's your frickin' JOB man. You're a PROFESSIONAL athlete for cripes sake.

<end of rant>

Amarelooms
02-09-2008, 01:26 AM
The real dumbass loss was the Knicks losing to the Spurs. Up BY THREE FUCKING POINTS WITH 7 secs YOUR GUARD THE 3 POINT LINE YOU STUPID MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!! :elephant

Fillmoe
02-09-2008, 01:28 AM
WEBBER!
*throws condom in trash can

word
02-09-2008, 01:32 AM
The real dumbass loss was the Knicks losing to the Spurs. Up BY THREE FUCKING POINTS WITH 7 secs YOUR GUARD THE 3 POINT LINE YOU STUPID MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!! :elephant

Not only that, but the series before they let precious time run off the clock NOT FOULING as if it was over when it's far far from over. They lost 15 seconds. I just don't get that kind of stuff. Oh well, worked out for us and the Suns but I said gotDAYUM brother, take a LITTLE pride in your work.

StoneBuddha
02-09-2008, 02:38 AM
As much as I hate Isiah, I can't crucify him over the last play in regulation.

It's was a beautiful play to get Finley the open three and it's worked more than once. It's the exact same play that worked in the playoffs two years ago against Sacramento. Barry hit a three to tie up game two in regulation in the series against the Kings.

crc21209
02-09-2008, 03:30 AM
PHOENIX (ESPN.com news services) -- Wally Szczerbiak took the ball out of bounds, found no one open, and called timeout.

Oops. His team had no timeouts left.

That mistake with 15.1 seconds to play allowed the Phoenix Suns to escape with a 103-99 victory over the Seattle SuperSonics on Friday night.

"Now I know how Chris Webber felt in the NCAA Tournament," Szczerbiak said, recalling that long-ago error that helped cost Michigan the national title.

lol what a jackass. Oh well the Suns look mediocre for now without Marion so there losses will come slowly but surely soon.