PDA

View Full Version : Game Thoughts: Spurs @ Knicks - Feb. 8

timvp
02-09-2008, 01:45 AM
After a thrilling comeback victory against the New York Knicks, the Spurs extended their winning streak to four games. The Spurs trailed by as many as 18 points, including a nine point deficit with under five minutes to go in regulation. Instead of conceding the game, the Spurs rallied back by hitting a couple of clutch shots and getting a few defensive stops. In overtime, the Spurs thoroughly dominated and left Madison Square Garden with a 99-93 victory.

Part of me wants to be critical of the Spurs making it a close game against the lowly Knicks, but right now I’m happy with wins in whatever form they want to come in. With Tony Parker still sidelined and the Spurs offense still streaky at best, any win is a good win. Yes, even against the disaster of a franchise that is the Knicks.

I’m not sure there was much to take out of this game other than the win. The Spurs executed well when they needed to, but it was against the dysfunctional Knicks so it really won’t transfer to a real game situation. However, the Spurs did utilize mental toughness in some situations that will be useful down the line.

Regarding the Knicks, their team is in obvious disarray. That said, they actually have a lot of talented players. It’s just a poorly coached squad with zero team chemistry. The two most impressive players to me were David Lee and Renaldo Balkman. Those guys bring boundless energy and they both have very good natural basketball instincts.

Overall, it was a nice win and the Spurs now sit at 4-2 on the Rodeo Road Trip with three games left. I said before the Rodeo Road Trip that all things considered going 5-4 would be a successful Rodeo Road Trip. The Spurs are just one win away from making that a reality.

-Tim Duncan struggled in the first half with his energy and was obviously frustrated with the referees. However, he picked up his energy level and focus as the game went on. By the end of the game, Duncan was playing very good basketball. Defensively, he was bad in the first half but became vintage Duncan by the beginning of the overtime period. He finished with 21 points, 14 rebounds, three blocks and two steals, while connecting on 8-of-17 shots from the field. The refs were letting the bigs be physical in this game and Duncan eventually adjusted and played well.

-Manu Ginobili in the first half was horrible. He was playing passively on both ends of the court most of the time. When he wasn’t playing passively, he was forcing bad shots and bad passes. But credit Ginobili for sticking with it and coming up huge in the second half and overtime. He eventually found his groove and played very well. Late in the fourth quarter and overtime, Ginobili played point guard and did so admirably. The drastic way his game went from horrible to very good is evident in the plus/minus stat. In the first half, Ginobili was a team-worst -17. In the second half and overtime, Ginobili was an amazing +31. He finished the game with 20 points, nine assists, seven rebounds, five steals and six turnovers, while hitting 6-of-16 shots from the field. After factoring in his horrible first half and his heroic second half, Ginobili ended up doing more good than bad in this contest.

-Damon Stoudamire had his first hiccup as a member of the Spurs. In his 19 minutes, Stoudamire was 1-for-4 from the field for three points, three assists and two turnovers. To begin the game, Stoudamire was obvious exhausted and had almost no energy. Pop elected to start Jacque Vaughn in the second half of the game because Stoudamire just didn’t have much gas in the tank. His poor performance isn’t overly worrisome because Stoudamire isn’t in game shape after sitting out a month. He’s going to have to work his way back into shape over the next couple weeks. Hopefully he can eventually prove to be a quality acquisition.

-Bruce Bowen had an odd game. He wasn’t doing much defensively to start the game. Pop decided at one point to put him on Zach Randolph and although that alignment has worked in the past, it was a failure in this game because Randolph overpowered Bowen down low. However, late in the game Pop inserted Bowen to cool down Jamal Crawford and Bowen’s defense on Crawford was as important as anything else in the comeback victory. Crawford took advantage of the shorter point guards defending him and had 11 points in the fourth quarter to help the Knicks jump out to a lead. Enter Bowen. Bowen came into the game with 4:48 seconds to go with the Spurs down nine points. He proceeded to harass Crawford and held him scoreless until a couple meaningless baskets at the end of overtime. Bowen’s defense in that stretch was as good as any defense I’ve seen him play this year, especially considering it came against a smaller, quicker guard who has given him problems in the past.

-For the third straight game, Fabricio Oberto had a very solid outing. With eight points and eight rebounds on 4-for-5 shooting, Oberto seems to really be rounding into form as of late. He’s playing very well next to Duncan and is Ginobili’s favorite target. If I had to nitpick, I’d point out that Oberto had only four defensive rebounds in 34 minutes of action.

-Michael Finley played the role of clutch assassin tonight. His three-pointer with 4:35 to go in the game cut the nine-point Knicks lead to six. With under ten seconds to go in the game and the Spurs inbounding down three points, Finley hit a three with 0.4 seconds remaining. Derek Fisher is on the Lakers and they actually started the clock on time so this game went into overtime. In overtime, Finley hit a backbreaking three-pointer that put the Spurs up seven points and ended any hopes of a New York upset. On the game, Finley had 17 points on 5-for-6 shooting from three-point land. He also chipped in with two rebounds and one assist in 24 minutes of action.

-Jacque Vaughn subbed in early and often for an ineffective Stoudamire and played relatively well. In 25 minutes, Vaughn had five points, four assists and no turnovers. He also supplied the Spurs with some energy on defense when the Spurs appeared to be asleep at the wheel. He’s never going to be a scoring point guard or even a playmaking point guard, but you have to give him props because he’s been a vital part of this four-game winning streak. Extra props are due because he’s doing this even despite the Spurs blatantly trying to replace his role in the rotation by going after Stoudamire.

-Robert Horry is not only alive and well, but he’s making those early season struggles seem like a thing of the past. For the third straight game, Horry played extremely well. Against the Knicks, Horry had a season-high 13 points to go along with two rebounds, two assists and two steals in 18 minutes of play. Perhaps most importantly, Horry hit 5-of-6 shots from the field, including 3-of-4 shots from beyond the three-point arc. In the last three games, Horry has hit 11 of his 16 shots from the field. Coming into that stretch, Horry was shooting below 20% from the field. It simply can’t be overstated how important a healthy and in-rhythm Horry is to the Spurs come the playoffs. The Spurs chances of winning of a championship are much greater if Horry is playing well.

-Ime Udoka played 15 solid minutes for the Spurs. He had five points, two rebounds, one steal and one blocked shot. All but three minutes of his time came in the second half. Udoka had been struggling a bit lately but played well tonight. He seems to be gaining more and more trust from Pop, especially on the defensive end. Pop doesn’t hesitate to give Udoka the toughest matchup on the court, whether it’s a point guard or a power forward.

-Francisco Elson hit a new low. His play in the first half was the worst he’s ever played in his basketball life. Although it doesn’t seem possible, he almost single-handedly lost a game during his five minutes of pitiful play in the first half. It was literally tough to watch, to the point that I actually felt bad for him. He’s obviously out of rhythm, pressing and his confidence is shot. But the truth is he was the man with the shovel when the Spurs dug their hole in the first half.

-Matt Bonner didn’t play once again. It’s a bad sign if you are behind Elson in a rotation. I don’t know what Bonner did to fall to earn his current place in the rotation, but whatever it was must have been bad … very bad.

-I thought Pop coached a really good game. His decision to put Bowen on Crawford late in the fourth quarter was the coaching move of the game. The move also forced Ginobili to play point guard but Pop was smart about just calling pick-and-rolls when Ginobili was at point.

I didn’t like how Duncan and Ginobili once again played big minutes. While some of the minutes are due to the overtime period, 44 minutes for Duncan and 42 minutes for Ginobili are just too many minutes.

Pop also needs to do something about Elson. Either play him more minutes for a stretch of games to see if his season can be salvaged or don’t play him. Sending him out there for only a couple minutes a night hurts both Elson and the team.

It’s going to be interesting to see how the Stoudamire and Vaughn situation plays out. Pop is already showing that he prefers Vaughn more when he’s desperate for production. Will that continue or will he eventually become confident in Stoudamire? I guess we’ll find out.

The bottomline is the Spurs got the win. It wasn’t pretty but they gutted out a victory that seemed lost at a couple of different points in the game.

Next up on the schedule is a Sunday morning game against the Boston Celtics. It’ll be the Spurs first look at the new-look Celtics this season, however it appears like Kevin Garnett is unlikely to play. Either way I’m not expecting a win. The Celtics at home against the defending champions will have an ungodly amount of energy. The Spurs, on the other hand, will likely be listless like they usually are during morning games. A win would be great but I’m not getting my hopes up. However, I will be interested in seeing whether Pop utilizes a lineup consisting of Bowen and Udoka to counter Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.

Or Pop could save that look in case the Celtics are lucky enough to meet the Spurs in the NBA Finals.

Believe.

:smokin

whottt
02-09-2008, 01:58 AM
Speaking of Pop's looks...I've noticed the his pissed off looks are getting really good...whether it's his patented sneer, rage, or digust....this part of Pop's game has really been shining the last few games.

Do you think Pop practices those looks in the mirror? I think he must...because I can't think of any other way to improve them.

You look at a pissed off Pop 5 years ago and he'd look nowhere near as pissed off as he looks now...even if he was actually more pissed off.

whottt
02-09-2008, 01:59 AM
My breakdown :

Oberto - Don't trade me Pop.
Horry - Don't trade me Pop.
Vaughn - Don't trade me Pop.
Finley - Don't trade me Pop.

Elson - Trying not to get traded.

Props to Finley..this was his best game as a Spur from my POV.

timvp
02-09-2008, 02:12 AM
Props to Finley..this was his best game as a Spur from my POV.Eh, he hit some big shots but didn't do much else. It might have been one of his clutcher performances but it wasn't his best.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-09-2008, 02:17 AM
Props to Finley..this was his best game as a Spur from my POV.

What about game 5 against the Nuggets last year?

timvp
02-09-2008, 02:20 AM
What about game 5 against the Nuggets last year?whottt was too busy rooting for Finley to get hurt during the playoffs last season.

Joe Schmoogins
02-09-2008, 02:23 AM
Nice recap timvp. Thanks! I am really happy with how this game played out (as I'm sure most Spurs fans are.) But IMO this is the type of win that sticks with the players, and will be more valuable than say a blow out win against the knicks.

sabar
02-09-2008, 03:20 AM
We shouldn't win against the Celtics, Pop will be testing match-ups I imagine moreso than winning.

milkyway21
02-09-2008, 03:46 AM
The two most impressive players to me were David Lee and Renaldo Balkman. Those guys bring boundless energy and they both have very good natural basketball instincts.except in the crucial minutes of the game, when "Balkman then committed his defensive gaffe that allowed the Spurs to tie the game. "

His instincts were off when he went tried to clog the middle when Manu tricked him into driving toward the basket who actually has no intention of shooting. Balkman then left Finley open for a 3.

Nice thoughts on Horry.

13 points to go along with two rebounds, two assists and two steals in 18 minutes of play. Perhaps most importantly, Horry hit 5-of-6 shots from the field, including 3-of-4 shots from beyond the three-point arc I hope this isn't a little bit too early for him to get his system going until playoffs.

Finley is always a contributor

Finley had 17 points on 5-for-6 shooting from three-point land. He also chipped in with two rebounds and one assist in 24 minutes of action
...so I was not surprised.

the Mighty Mouse getting familiar with the Spurs plays the sooner, the better. He still has a lot to learn. But being prolific scorer he once was(54 pts just last yr), there's still hope for this one.

I'm amazed how Manu had 20 pts & 9 assts when he kind of sucked before halftime. :lol

Whisky Dog
02-09-2008, 03:47 AM
I thought there were three key things the Spurs had to get before the start of the playoffs. First is get Parker healthy and back into being a threat with the ball, second and third are Oberto and to a slightly lesser extent Horry getting in rhythm and playing smart, productive basketball. We won't be able to begin evaluating Parker's situation for a little while now, but it's a great sign that Oberto and Horry are starting to be productive and efficient. Those guys going well keeps the Spurs' frontcourt from being a liability. 2 of the 3 are getting started well, and let's hope Parker returns with health and the ability to dominate once again.

team-work
02-09-2008, 05:26 AM
Thanks Timvp once again for the in-depth analysis of the game.

The team really showed the heart of a champion throughout their adversities & came back with an improbable victory (even though it's against the lowly Knicks, the effort should not be looked down upon.)

Positive things:
1. Duncan is not only raising his level of production but also consistent enough to lead the team on a nightly basis.

2. Ginobili must be struggling offensively at times due to absence of Parker, making him the only focal point for shutting down the paint. However, he often finds way to adjust & break out of the slump. This is a great step forward in his NBA career & a great asset for Spurs.

3. I cannot be happier with the "awakening" of Robert Horry. He may still have ups & downs before the playoffs. Now it's Pop's duty to keep him in good form while not too being tired by the remaining regular-season schedule.

4. The other role players seemed to have found their ways to contribute e.g. Udoka, Vaughn, & Stoudamire (maybe except Bonner & Elson. It must be very bad feeling to sit in Pop's "doghouse". Hope they can eventually find some way to get out of it.)

WalterBenitez
02-09-2008, 07:22 AM
Thanks TIMVP, good summary.

ShoogarBear
02-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Oberto - Don't trade me Pop.
Horry - Don't trade me Pop.
Vaughn - Don't trade me Pop.
Finley - Don't trade me Pop.

Elson - Trying not to get traded. Barry - Don't mention me whottt.

wildchild
02-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Next up for the Spurs is a game against the Knicks on Friday. I actually have a bad feeling about that game. The Spurs will come in riding high with a three-game win streak and could overlook the Knicks. Hopefully the Spurs can take care of New York but it has all the signs of a Spurs-like trap game.
Ring true.I didn't forget that ^ in damned game. Why make me suffer like this?

Elson - Trying not to get traded
it was a realistic description

To Fin :toast without 3's not OT.

SAGambler
02-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Extra props are due because he’s doing this even despite the Spurs blatantly trying to replace his role in the rotation by going after Stoudamire.

You must admit, it was more out of necessity, than trying to grab someone to replace Vaughn. With both Tony and Brent injured, it was evident that Vaughn wasn't going to be able to run the point for extended minutes.

However, it also seems to have picked up Vaughns game. I still think by playoff time, Damon will be the primary backup to Tony.

TDMVPDPOY
02-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Speaking of Pop's looks...I've noticed the his pissed off looks are getting really good...whether it's his patented sneer, rage, or digust....this part of Pop's game has really been shining the last few games.

Probably workin on his de niro expressions in front of the mirror

are you lookn at me?

smears.....

1Parker1
02-09-2008, 09:53 AM
-Matt Bonner didn’t play once again. It’s a bad sign if you are behind Elson in a rotation. I don’t know what Bonner did to fall to earn his current place in the rotation, but whatever it was must have been bad … very bad

I dunno, could it be that Bonner doesn't look like he's in too good a shape. He looks a little chunky to me. Maybe that's part of Pop's reason to put him in the doghouse? Plus, Pop prolly figures, well maybe Elson can block some shots, Bonner's defense is horrendous.

duncan228
02-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Nice thoughts on Horry.
I hope this isn't a little bit too early for him to get his system going until playoffs.

Duncan thinks it's too early to get excited about Horry's thaw. (From the Express-News after the Wizards game.)

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86569

Asked if it was time to get excited about the possibility of Horry's re-emergence, Duncan knowingly laughed and shook his head.

"It's way too early," he said, "to start getting excited about Rob."

TMTTRIO
02-09-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm amazed how Manu had 20 pts & 9 assts when he kind of sucked before halftime.
I know I'm surprised too. Yeah what happened to Manu's shooting all of the sudden? Ever since he took that splint off his hand about a month ago he hasn't been shooting well at all. His 3 pointers last night were barely even hitting the rim and he his jumpers were pretty bad too.

carina_gino20
02-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I know I'm surprised too. Yeah what happened to Manu's shooting all of the sudden? Ever since he took that splint off his hand about a month ago he hasn't been shooting well at all. His 3 pointers last night were barely even hitting the rim and he his jumpers were pretty bad too.

I would imagine that it would still take some time to adjust back to having no splint. And it's a shame because he was shooting so well to start the season. What I like about him lately, though, is that he's been adjusting well to the defense they throw at him, especially with Tony out.

While I still cringe with his shot selections sometimes, it's hard to nitpick when the guy brings so much to the table. And since Manu's probably his hardest critic, I think he'll work himself into a nice rhythm soon.

polandprzem
02-09-2008, 10:35 AM
umm yes ... Boston

Hopefully I will be able to see the game live.

As for Horry - good for him, but I wonder if he will be as good as he is when TP will be back esp. when TP takes some minutes from him.

Damn. Elson :pctoss We need this guy (esp. for west froncourts). If he is unable to dig out from that hole he can forget about any minutes from late march till october.

wildbill2u
02-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Bonner seems to be caught in one of Pop's mystical oblivion vortexes where he banishes a player from this universe into oblivion.

Budkin
02-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Hopefully Elson and Bonner will be Spurs of the past before the trading deadline... please...

WalterBenitez
02-09-2008, 10:50 AM
BTW I'm getting tired of 3q suffering and 4q resurging late ... POP I am human being and have only one heart ...

BonnerDynasty
02-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Horry is still in hibernation. He is just having some dreams that are somehow manifesting themselves into reality atm.

LaMarcus Bryant
02-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Mad mad Prahps to Pop's playcall to send the game into overtime. I watched the Knicks' broadcast, and they were completely fooled. When we passed it around and ginobili went into herky jerky mode to drive to the rim they were like, "Wh...what are they doin???" then he flicked that pass to Finley for the clutch three.

It's great to see Pop call a gutsy play and the Spurs provide the gusto to execute it.

BonnerDynasty
02-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Mad mad Prahps to Pop's playcall to send the game into overtime. I watched the Knicks' broadcast, and they were completely fooled. When we passed it around and ginobili went into herky jerky mode to drive to the rim they were like, "Wh...what are they doin???" then he flicked that pass to Finley for the clutch three.

It's great to see Pop call a gutsy play and the Spurs provide the gusto to execute it.

haha I wish I could of heard that.

T Park
02-09-2008, 11:43 AM
whottt was too busy rooting for Finley to get hurt during the playoffs last season.

God aint that the truth.

dtrain
02-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Was at the game last night. The entire arena expelled an audible gasp when Manu passed to Finley. Like as the ball was in the air between Manu and Finley-before Finley even had the ball in his hand to make a shot-everyone gasped.

It was awesome....

exstatic
02-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Mad Props to Isaiah for STILL being the worst coach in the NBA. How do you not foul on the inbounds when the opponent is down three points?

T Park
02-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Well Pop doesn't do it either.

exstatic
02-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Well Pop doesn't do it either.
Yeah, but...we're the Spurs.

To be fair to Isaiah, I don't like it when Pop doesn't do it, either. If you're up three with 8 seconds left, and you turn it into a fouling contest, you're probably going to win.

I also think Pop does things in the regular season that he wouldn't in, say, The Finals. I think if SA is up in game 7 of the Finals and the East team has an inbounds play with 8 seconds left, Pop would have them foul. Every game is the Finals for the Knicks. They just need some wins, any wins.

T Park
02-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I also think Pop does things in the regular season that he wouldn't in, say, The Finals

Game 3 vs Cleveland would disagree with ya :)

If you're up three with 8 seconds left, and you turn it into a fouling contest, you're probably going to win.

True.

Although with this team's past trevails at the ft line, its prob put Pop into the thinking "Id rather our defense get it done, then foul them and give them 2 points"

Yeah, but...we're the Spurs.

Known cockyness.

Its a beautifull thing :) :smokin

ShoogarBear
02-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Well Pop doesn't do it either.Nobody does it. Broadcasters talk about it incessently, but I don't remember Fratello or Collins ever doing it. It's the ultimate not putting your money where your mouth is.

T Park
02-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Very true.

"Clyde" Frazier kept babbling incessently about "Why didn't they just foul"

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Your point about Horry was right on. He needs to be playing, and playing well if the Spurs are to repeat. For some reason he's the piece that seems to take the Spurs from 'great team' to 'champion team' each year. You've got the big 3, you've got Bowen anchoring the 'D', and then you have Mr. Horry. IMO, those are 5 jerseys that need to be hanging from the rafters someday in SA.

E20
02-09-2008, 02:48 PM
"It's way too early," he said, "to start getting excited about Rob."

I hate when writers do this, they pause the quote with 'he said' shit. It makes it sound like the player is trying to be dramatic or something when in reality he is not.

Phenomanul
02-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Aside from the barrage of threes, Horry's turnaround fadeaways (he hit two) were also a thing of beauty.

td4mvp21
02-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Very gutsy win. I don't care if it's against the Knicks, to come back from 20 down against any team is pretty cool.

The Truth #6
02-09-2008, 04:52 PM
I am curious if Bonner actually did anything wrong. Pop always has someone in his doghouse so now with Beno gone it had to go to somebody.

Pop is probably pissed that Bonner isn't a better player and yet we signed him to that contract.

Bonner could easily be traded soon, if anyone is going to be traded.

T Park
02-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Its not like Pop puts these guys in there for fun.
More than likely hes done something, or NOT done something to warrant it.

timvp
02-09-2008, 06:52 PM
You must admit, it was more out of necessity, than trying to grab someone to replace Vaughn.The Spurs were linked to Stoudamire before Parker was forced to be sidelined with the ankle injury. Perhaps Pop knew Parker was heading for the sidelines, but at that point Parker could have turned around his play and stayed on the court.

Yeah what happened to Manu's shooting all of the sudden? I heard a Manu interview before the game and he said that with Parker being out, teams are able to focus two and three defenders on him at all times. And he's not exaggerating. Teams are massively overplaying him right now and trying to force him into bad shots. Ginobili initially was forcing the bad shots ... but has adjusted and now is hurting teams with his passing.

Looking at the stats, it's pretty obvious misses the attention that Parker usually draws.

In nine games with Parker out of the lineup, Manu is averaging 17.2 points on 36.9% shooting from the field. If you take out his one game against the pitiful Sonics defense, those numbers drop even further to 15.7 points on 33.9% shooting. With Parker, Ginobili is averaging 19.7 points per game on 45.5% shooting from the field.

Additionally, Ginobili's minutes are way up and his three-point percentage is also way down without Parker there next to him. Parker's stats have also suffered through the years when Ginobili isn't next to him.

Even though their fan bases may not exactly like each other, Ginobili and Parker depend on each other on the Spurs to create room to operate.

timvp
02-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Nobody does it.I've seen Hubie Brown and Jeff Van Gundy do it. In international play, every team does it.

But yeah, in the NBA it's much harder because players will go straight up into the shot and it becomes a judgment call. On the previous play, Finley looked like he could have be awarded three shots on that intentional foul by David Lee.

The Truth #6
02-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Its not like Pop puts these guys in there for fun.
More than likely hes done something, or NOT done something to warrant it.

Pop's rotations are not always rational and he has admitted as such, e.g. consistently giving "Bone on Bone" Nick Van Exel playing time even when he sucked and everyone knew it.

Yeah, sure, it's possible Bonner did something wrong. But he's about the opposite of a locker room cancer that I could imagine, not to mention, he hustles whenever he plays. I can't imagine a bigger boyscout than Bonner so it's hard for me to imagine him doing something 'wrong'.

I think what he's not done is been a better all around player, which goes back to my point - if that's the case, the FO already knew what player they were getting involved with as of last year.

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Spurs just made the beating the Knicks look like an impossible task

and Manu really is getting a lot of min with Parker out

Whisky Dog
02-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Very true.

"Clyde" Frazier kept babbling incessently about "Why didn't they just foul"

Frazier was talking about why didn't the Knicks foul with under a minute left in overtime when they were down by 7 or 8.

Breen was the one who was advocating fouling near the end of regulation before Finley's three. Frazier didn't say that he would do it, Breen did.

bigfundamental21
02-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Great recap as always, timvp.

I agree that the only thing to get excited about is the fact that we won. I was glad to see us claw our way back into the game and then to shut them down in the OT. Hopefully, we will play a more complete game on Sunday.

ducks
02-09-2008, 10:51 PM
In nine games with Parker out of the lineup, Manu is averaging 17.2 points on 36.9% shooting from the field. If you take out his one game against the pitiful Sonics defense, those numbers drop even further to 15.7 points on 33.9% shooting. With Parker, Ginobili is averaging 19.7 points per game on 45.5% shooting from the field.
damm tp makes manu that much better

anakha
02-09-2008, 10:52 PM
damm tp makes manu that much better

Somehow, I was half-expecting this. :lol