PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent Cornerbacks look to cash in.

samikeyp
02-09-2008, 09:56 AM
http://rss.usatoday.mlogic3g.com/detail.jsp?key=812649

The bidding has already begun. Players are buying Assante Samuel mai tais at the hotel pool bar.

"In this league, corners are a hot commodity," Samuel says. "There's going to be a high demand for us. We're ready to get it.

"You got a whole bunch of guys out here that want to get to that big game. You got K.C. with Jared Allen and Tony Gonzalez and Ed Reed of Baltimore. Ken Hamlin, the Cowboys safety, sent me and my girl a couple of mai tais to butter me up."

Nice job Kenny! If it works, Jerry owes you a raise! :)

:lol

Horry For 3!
02-09-2008, 01:51 PM
That would be pretty nice if we got Samuel but he is pretty much goin to sign back with the Patriots.

bostonguy
02-09-2008, 05:26 PM
That would be pretty nice if we got Samuel but he is pretty much goin to sign back with the Patriots.

Yep which means adios Randy Moss.

stretch
02-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Cowboys dont need to spend a ton of money on another corner. they just need to find a good safety, and a nickel CB.

florige
02-10-2008, 01:07 AM
Yep which means adios Randy Moss.

Not really. You guys have the 7th pick. If you get McKelvin I think you can let Samuels walk. Moss was too valuable this season to let him get away.

J.T.
02-10-2008, 01:16 AM
Lol we need to start a SpursTalk pool on how many times people call him "Asante Samuels" next season.

florige
02-10-2008, 01:33 AM
Put it this way. If the Ravens can't get Ryan and McKlevin is still on the board, I say we nab him and draft a QB in the later rounds. Hopefully we can land either Flacco, or Booty in round 2 or 3. I'm not sold on Brohm as being a top 10 pick.

J.T.
02-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Put it this way. If the Ravens can't get Ryan and McKlevin is still on the board, I say we nab him and draft a QB in the later rounds. Hopefully we can land either Flacco, or Booty in round 2 or 3. I'm not sold on Brohm as being a top 10 pick.

McAllister and Rolle are not bad CBs, but Samuel would be nice in that secondary. They could stand to lose Rolle, but Samuel, McAllister and Reed in the same secondary is pretty sick.

bostonguy
02-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Not really. You guys have the 7th pick. If you get McKelvin I think you can let Samuels walk. Moss was too valuable this season to let him get away.

Well we wont be able to keep both despite what testicle lacking Patriot fans say. We only have close to 11 million to spend. McKelvin would be nice.

florige
02-10-2008, 08:00 PM
McAllister and Rolle are not bad CBs, but Samuel would be nice in that secondary. They could stand to lose Rolle, but Samuel, McAllister and Reed in the same secondary is pretty sick.

I'm not sure that we can afford Samuels either. We still have to figure out a way to keep Suggs. I have a feeling we will end up franchising him this season. But yeah I agree. Having Samuels back there would be pretty sick.

peewee's lovechild
02-11-2008, 09:37 AM
He'd be a good Cowboy.