PDA

View Full Version : with all the trades, what's our repeat chance now?

td4mvp3
02-09-2008, 12:45 PM
i was pretty much resigned to not repeating, but on top of parker's troubles and all the movement, i feel even less hopeful for our chances.

duncan228
02-09-2008, 12:50 PM
I've felt good about our chances from training camp.
I still do.
If the big three are healthy, our chances to win it all are always good.
I put a lot of stock in Duncan's health and attitude, both are on the right track for where we are in the season.

The trades didn't change my opinion at all.
Health, Championship experience, and Duncan.
Sounds like a winning formula to me.

ancestron
02-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Believe Dammit!!!

T Park
02-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Shocking post from the thread starter.

td4mvp3
02-09-2008, 12:53 PM
ditto for yon response.

Extra Stout
02-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Don't let the bandwagon hit you in the ass as you jump off.

T Park
02-09-2008, 12:56 PM
ditto for yon response.

:lol

Well what the hell.

I don't see how Paul Gasol makes the Lakers unbeatable.

The Suns are tough but not unbeatable....

duncan228
02-09-2008, 12:57 PM
What would SpursTalk be without the doom and gloom posts?

BonnerDynasty
02-09-2008, 12:59 PM
20%

td4mvp3
02-09-2008, 01:00 PM
suns/mavs/celtics/lakers talk?

T Park
02-09-2008, 01:00 PM

A happier place.

Kidding, I love this place. Its cool to see this place now compared to how it was when they started the revolution back in March of 03.

coopdogg3
02-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Their chances are the same now as before the trades. Gasol makes the Lakers tougher, Shaq makes the Suns weaker. Evens out in my opinion.

Pistons < Spurs
02-09-2008, 01:03 PM
The way I see things as of now:

Lakers
Suns
Jazz
Spurs

But of course, we still have to see Bynum come back at the same level of effectiveness he was showing before the injury. We still have to see how Shaq fits in with the Suns....not to mention his health.

The Spurs just haven't looked right for quite awhile despite their record. A healthy Parker and Barry can make a huge difference, but I don't know if there's enough to battle with the Lakers or Suns....assuming there new additions fit in.

T Park
02-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Jazz better than the Spurs?

wtf?

duncan228
02-09-2008, 01:08 PM
A happier place.

Kidding, I love this place. Its cool to see this place now compared to how it was when they started the revolution back in March of 03.

ST is an amazing place.
And the varied opinions, attitudes, and fan bases make it all the better.

Long ago I remember Kori saying that she didn't want ST to be just a Spurs fans, go team go, nothing negative allowed forum.
She's succeeded impressively.
By allowing people to bring their own takes, no matter what team they like or whether their takes are positive or negative, keeps this board jumping.
And makes it a lot of fun to be here.

RC's Boss
02-09-2008, 01:14 PM
:lol

101A
02-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Look at what the Spurs did last playoffs; people forget:

16 - 4

The last time the Spurs played an entire game they were desparate to win, was game 2 vs. the Cavs. Go watch that first quarter to see what this team is still capable of. Now, add Ime Udoka & Stoudamire to that.

NOW, look at the rest of the league, and see who compares to THAT.

This is the year of the repeat.

TDMVPDPOY
02-09-2008, 01:17 PM
dont forget to close the door on ur way out

ATXSPUR
02-09-2008, 01:19 PM
How is someone a bandwagoner just because they are not sure if we are gonna win a championship? I swear the sense of entitlement from this fan base is ridiculous at times. In 1998 the Spurs meant absolutely NOTHING to the rest of the nation. Ten years later it would be a crime to write a history book about the NBA without mentioning them. But because someone things that there just might be a better team than us they are a bandwagoner?

By the way I am one of the ppl who thinks we will repeat. But I hate when someone is called a bandwagoner just bevause they don't think we are going to go undefeated from march to the finals.

And RC's Boss keep posting. I love free :hungry:

Pistons < Spurs
02-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Jazz better than the Spurs?

wtf?
The addition of Korver ... while not as sexy as the Suns or Laker trades ... has made them a much better team. The finally got the shooter they've been missing for years. And it's completely opened things up for Boozer and Derron. I wouldn't be sleeping on them.

Indazone
02-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Depends on how well Gasol and Shaq mesh with their new teams and if Artest goes to the Suns. The West is ridiculous. Every team in the top 8 can beat any other team and even in a series so throw the dice.

AFBlue
02-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Of all the other trades made, I think the only one that makes a team significantly better is Gasol to the Lakers.

Korver to Jazz is about as significant as Stoudamire to Spurs.

And Shaq to Suns to me is a disaster....talk about the epitome of overreaction. He and Amare on the court at the same time is about as good an idea as Curry/Randolph...and we've seen how that has worked out.

I still like the Spurs chances because they positively addressed their backcourt situation and they still have a few days to shore up their frontcourt if they want to. IMO, they should because it will be tough to go up against the Jazz, Lakers, and now Suns using small-ball.

Indazone
02-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Only 5/12 games separate the 1 and 10 seeds in the West. 5 1/2 games! The Western Conference Championship is up for grabs to any team that can make a run.

T Park
02-09-2008, 01:36 PM
The addition of Korver ... while not as sexy as the Suns or Laker trades ... has made them a much better team. The finally got the shooter they've been missing for years. And it's completely opened things up for Boozer and Derron. I wouldn't be sleeping on them.

Korver is easily shut down by an Ime Udoka.

Doesn't bother me in the least.

AFBlue
02-09-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm still worried about a possible Kidd to Dallas deal, because he's a guy that can make teams better without imposing his scoring will on the game.

Like I said though, the Spurs have a little time and some opportune contracts to shore up some of their weaker areas....

T Park
02-09-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm still worried about a possible Kidd to Dallas deal, because he's a guy that can make teams better without imposing his scoring will on the game.

Like I said though, the Spurs have a little time and some opportune contracts to shore up some of their weaker areas....

If Dallas gets Kidd, they have to trade away either Terry, Diop, Stackhouse, Devin harris, or a combo of all em.

You think The Spurs wouldn't be better against them if they traded those guys for Kidd?

Extra Stout
02-09-2008, 01:57 PM
How is someone a bandwagoner just because they are not sure if we are gonna win a championship?

Oh, joy, here comes Mr. Measured and Rational Fan to come defend the spineless nancies.

i was pretty much resigned to not repeating

Yes, this is definitely a reasonable attitude to have. The Spurs are a whopping two games out of the top seed in the Western Conference, so clearly it's time to give up on the season. And, oh my! A team that hasn't gone past the first round in four years just improved! It's over! Cash in those season tickets! And, even worse, another rival just gave up their most versatile player for an immobile 36-year-old former superstar in steep decline! All is lost! This is definitely not a knee-jerk reaction!

So, I want to thank you, ATXSPUR, for setting me straight. I understand now that not quitting on the Spurs in February is a totally Pollyanna attitude. Just like last year, when they were 33-18 and looking mighty old. All the wise and rational fans had resigned themselves to the end of the Spurs' run.

Not losing faith in your team is exactly the same as believing they're going to go undefeated the rest of the way. You in no way made an asinine strawman there. I'm glad that when you call other people out, you don't make stupid assumptions or put words in other people's mouths. You're a Real Man of Genius.

So today we salute you, Mr. Wise and Rational Spurs Fan

Mr. Wise and Rational Spurs Fan

You rise up to back those who preach gloom and doom about their team... three months before the playoffs

The sky is falling

Most would hesitate before exposing themselves as even bigger douchebags than the quitters, but not you, O Captain of Condescension.

They're just being realistic

And sure enough, come June, you'll be back to explain how logically, the Spurs' march to the title should have been obvious all along.

It's easy if you use reason

So crack open a Bud Light, Mr. Wise and Rational Spurs fan, and never fear that if you stand in the middle of the road too long, you'll get run over.

AFBlue
02-09-2008, 02:01 PM
If Dallas gets Kidd, they have to trade away either Terry, Diop, Stackhouse, Devin harris, or a combo of all em.

You think The Spurs wouldn't be better against them if they traded those guys for Kidd?

Harris is not better than Kidd.

Harris + Diop is not better than Kidd.

Harris + Diop + Stack is a tough call....but yeah I'd say Kidd is better.

Kidd
Jones
Howard
Nowitzki
Dampier

Reserves:
Terry
Hassell
George
Bass
Howard
JJ Barea
Ager

Still a decent team at the top and they don't lose much at the bottom.

Princess Pimp
02-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Re: with all the trades, what's our repeat chance now?

Slim to none

spurster
02-09-2008, 02:20 PM
It's more likely that the Lakers and Suns will be better next season rather than this season. It takes time to play well as a team, especially championship-level play.

AFBlue
02-09-2008, 02:25 PM
It's more likely that the Lakers and Suns will be better next season rather than this season. It takes time to play well as a team, especially championship-level play.

Yes to the Lakers....mostly likely no to the Suns.

One more year for the Suns is just another year that Shaq has to get older, fatter, and less effective.

Bruno
02-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Even without a trade, I like Spurs chances to repeat.
The big 3 is at his best and role players looked better than last year.

Last year other contenders aren't better this year than last year. Lakers and Celtics are raising but I think Spurs can beat them in a 7 games serie.

td4mvp21
02-09-2008, 02:34 PM
I haven't expected them to repeat, and I don't think we should until it happens. We've won it three other times and failed every time. The West is very tough this year, tougher than any other year in recent history. Parker's health is very questionable at this point. IMO, we need one player that can come in and make an impact, preferably a big man. I think we can repeat if everything falls in to place, but I don't think we can count on that yet. We'll have to see come playoff time.

jrmp317
02-09-2008, 02:36 PM
I still take a healthy Spurs team over anybody in 7 games. That being said, I hope they can get healthy come playoff time.

E20
02-09-2008, 02:37 PM
LMAO At Extra Stout and ATXSpur, wasted their time writing a 5 page essay about who is a real fan or not. :lol

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-09-2008, 02:38 PM
15%

timmy21_4rings
02-09-2008, 03:02 PM
100% if Spurs play to their potential.

Lakers need time to become a better..They will be hard to beat but spurs will win a 7 game series.

Even in the current form, Spurs will beat Suns with the best of this year's Shaq.

lefty
02-09-2008, 03:11 PM
i was pretty much resigned to not repeating, but on top of parker's troubles and all the movement, i feel even less hopeful for our chances.

Check my signature........

yourcheatinheart
02-09-2008, 03:16 PM
don't worry. i'm sure with the league and stern having your back you guys should have no problem repeating

td4mvp21
02-09-2008, 03:18 PM
don't worry. i'm sure with the league and stern having your back you guys should have no problem repeating

Yeah I know, that's why we've won the last 5 championships and have had successful repeats after every championship :rolleyes

remingtonbo2001
02-09-2008, 03:19 PM
With all the trades, what's our repeat chance now?

The same as it was at the start of the season.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-09-2008, 03:19 PM
So then it's pointless to root for the Suns now, isn't it?
You're more than welcome to join the Spurs bandwagon, :toast.

yourcheatinheart
02-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Yeah I know, that's why we've won the last 5 championships and have had successful repeats after every championship :rolleyes

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/crowlaugh.gif

WildcardManu
02-09-2008, 03:48 PM

don't cheat yourself

SAGambler
02-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Theoretically 1 in 30.....

Realistically I would say 1 in 7 or 8.

If everyone is healthly going into the playoffs, the odds go up. Probably 1 in 4.

SAGambler
02-09-2008, 04:02 PM
ST is an amazing place.
And the varied opinions, attitudes, and fan bases make it all the better.

Long ago I remember Kori saying that she didn't want ST to be just a Spurs fans, go team go, nothing negative allowed forum.
She's succeeded impressively.
By allowing people to bring their own takes, no matter what team they like or whether their takes are positive or negative, keeps this board jumping.
And makes it a lot of fun to be here.

For sure. Most forums only want posters that preach to the choir. The kind that get together after a game and have a circle jerk.

Not any fun.
:madrun :madrun

td4mvp3
02-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Yes, this is definitely a reasonable attitude to have. The Spurs are a whopping two games out of the top seed in the Western Conference, so clearly it's time to give up on the season. And, oh my! A team that hasn't gone past the first round in four years just improved! It's over! Cash in those season tickets! And, even worse, another rival just gave up their most versatile player for an immobile 36-year-old former superstar in steep decline! All is lost! This is definitely not a knee-jerk reaction!
et run over.

yeesh, you act like the spurs didn't get very big gifts from the basketball gods when the team that had won 67 games and beaten the spurs, legitimately, twice in the regular season after the season in which that same team came into san antonio and managed to win a 7-game series (even with a choke in the finals) got knocked out in the first round; that a suns team that walloped the spurs by 20 in game 2 of their series and beat the spurs in san antonio went down in flames by a few points without stoudamire and diaw (at the very least, maybe they pull out the game 5 win); and that the final two opponents on the way to the title hadn't gotten that far in their current incarnations and surprised everyone that they had. i don' t expect a repeat because i was stunned they won it last year and attribute it mostly to the competition, not the spurs' overwhelming play. yeah, we're a few games out of the top spot but if our competition had been stouter (wins over knicks, arenas-less/butler-less wizards, and deplorable indiana do not inspire) could just as easily have been losses against better squads. the argument only goes so far, considering they did beat the suns, but your rationale that the spurs proved their mettle only goes so far as well. i think they got lucky this year, nothing points to that chance last year. and none of that takes into account parker's injury and barry's injury.

DazedAndConfused
02-09-2008, 06:25 PM
For sure. Most forums only want posters that preach to the choir. The kind that get together after a game and have a circle jerk.

Not any fun.
:madrun :madrun

This is hands down the best NBA forum there is out there. Fans from all teams coming together talking shit about each other. Doesn't get any better than this.

When the playoffs heat up this place will be nuts.

BonnerDynasty
02-09-2008, 06:35 PM
yeesh, you act like the spurs didn't get very big gifts from the basketball gods when the team that had won 67 games and beaten the spurs, legitimately, twice in the regular season after the season in which that same team came into san antonio and managed to win a 7-game series (even with a choke in the finals) got knocked out in the first round; that a suns team that walloped the spurs by 20 in game 2 of their series and beat the spurs in san antonio went down in flames by a few points without stoudamire and diaw (at the very least, maybe they pull out the game 5 win); and that the final two opponents on the way to the title hadn't gotten that far in their current incarnations and surprised everyone that they had. i don' t expect a repeat because i was stunned they won it last year and attribute it mostly to the competition, not the spurs' overwhelming play. yeah, we're a few games out of the top spot but if our competition had been stouter (wins over knicks, arenas-less/butler-less wizards, and deplorable indiana do not inspire) could just as easily have been losses against better squads. the argument only goes so far, considering they did beat the suns, but your rationale that the spurs proved their mettle only goes so far as well. i think they got lucky this year, nothing points to that chance last year. and none of that takes into account parker's injury and barry's injury.

Good non-homer take :clap

batboy
02-09-2008, 06:53 PM
i don' t expect a repeat because i was stunned they won it last year and attribute it mostly to the competition, not the spurs' overwhelming play.

So all of a sudden Dallas is solid again, and Detroit plays with effort? Or have you already evaluated the new Lakers and Suns and have us losing to them? I'm awfully curious as to who you have ousting us from the playoffs in a seven game series.

Wait better yet -- who do you have winning it all? From now on it would be nice if every spurs fan on this board that doesn't like the spurs to repeat were forced to pick a champion instead of just the contrapositive.

td4mvp3
02-09-2008, 07:26 PM
So all of a sudden Dallas is solid again, and Detroit plays with effort? Or have you already evaluated the new Lakers and Suns and have us losing to them? I'm awfully curious as to who you have ousting us from the playoffs in a seven game series.

Wait better yet -- who do you have winning it all? From now on it would be nice if every spurs fan on this board that doesn't like the spurs to repeat were forced to pick a champion instead of just the contrapositive.
i still think dallas can beat us and probably would have last year. detroit is more iffy, i think ben wallace was more to them for his defense than what they've got now and they don't have enough scorers to have a score-first mentality to win it all. that said, and i thought i'd said so in some other thread, but eh, there's like a billion started each week, i think boston pulls it out. for all the talk of how a healthy spurs team would go all the way, i think the emergence of rondo lets some of the advantage given to parker go away (especially with the injury). so now, rajon and parker are kind of even (just go with me for argument's sake on the injury/emergence thing), pierce and manu seem like a push, allen can get the better of bowen, as we saw in the seattle series not too long ago, and kg and duncan are going to negate each other. their bench seems better at least in scoring, and we've always taken pride in our defense during the regular season, so there's no sense in discounting the team with the best defense and offense in the league based on stats. it pains me because i liked tim always having a favorable comparison to kg, but i think give garnett one ring and the media will fawn all over him and dismiss duncan as a good player with a better supporting cast. but for simplicity's sake, i go boston, suns (with the trade), mavericks, lakers (i don't think gasol pushes them over), spurs, detroit, rest of league.

and just for superstition's sake, i'd had a little hope with the idea that either duncan or shaq have been in the finals for the past decade, and with miami's implosion, there was hope for duncan. the trade nixed that hope, though.

td4mvp3
02-09-2008, 07:32 PM

as for who knocks us out, dallas or phoenix.

spursrule32
02-09-2008, 07:54 PM
i still think dallas can beat us and probably would have last year

So, why does Dallas beat us last year if they're still in the playoffs?

td4mvp3
02-09-2008, 08:02 PM
So, why does Dallas beat us last year if they're still in the playoffs?
ummm ... because they kinda beat us the year before. they give us fits and seem to have just the right mix to give us trouble. as much as folks lambast them for choking, it wouldn't stun most of the nation if the mavs kicked us out this year. dirk does his thing and showed he can score on us, josh howard is dang good, their point guard was zipping into the lane, terry hit shots, diop was doing ok in the middle.

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-09-2008, 08:04 PM

depends on if the Spurs make a move or not

td4mvp3
02-09-2008, 08:06 PM
depends on if the Spurs make a move or not
i don't think they are. it took parker getting hurt to go after stoudamire. when was the last time the spurs made a trade in the middle of the season? was it nazr? when was the last time a mid-season trade made a big impact?

spursrule32
02-09-2008, 08:18 PM
ummm ... because they kinda beat us the year before. they give us fits and seem to have just the right mix to give us trouble. as much as folks lambast them for choking, it wouldn't stun most of the nation if the mavs kicked us out this year. dirk does his thing and showed he can score on us, josh howard is dang good, their point guard was zipping into the lane, terry hit shots, diop was doing ok in the middle.

You mean they beat us in game 7 - I see now. That automatically means they would have owned us in the playoffs. Hell - they had the best regular season record. That really helped them against the Warriors and don't give me it was all because of matchup problems. Dallas stunk it up in that series - showing that being dominant in the regular season is not the same as beign dominant in the playoffs.

td4mvp3
02-09-2008, 08:25 PM
You mean they beat us in game 7 - I see now. That automatically means they would have owned us in the playoffs. Hell - they had the best regular season record. That really helped them against the Warriors and don't give me it was all because of matchup problems. Dallas stunk it up in that series - showing that being dominant in the regular season is not the same as beign dominant in the playoffs.
no, they beat us game 7, game 2, and at least one other time that escapes me exactly when. they beat us thrice in the 07 regular season. they beat us twice, or three time, i forget, in the 06 season. they won 67 games and lost to the one team that had beaten them the past two-three years but went under the radar because that team sucked against just about everyone else. regardless, the mavs have the confidence, talent and hunger to take out the spurs, and i don't see why not this year particularly in light of parker's injury, barry's injury, et al. and for all the naysaying of dominant regular seasons, aberration's happen. more no 1 seeds have won the title than no 8s.

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-09-2008, 08:27 PM
i don't think they are. it took parker getting hurt to go after stoudamire. when was the last time the spurs made a trade in the middle of the season? was it nazr? when was the last time a mid-season trade made a big impact?

Nazr actually made an impact though, he was out starting C then entire championship playoff run, and Rasho was riding the pine

that's pretty damn big if you ask me

td4mvp3
02-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Nazr actually made an impact though, he was out starting C then entire championship playoff run, and Rasho was riding the pine

that's pretty damn big if you ask me
maybe. he seemed to be a non-factor until the pistons series, but maybe i'm forgetting. but even then, that's once in the past how many years that the spurs have made a significant mid-season trade?

spursrule32
02-09-2008, 08:45 PM
no, they beat us game 7, game 2, and at least one other time that escapes me exactly when. they beat us thrice in the 07 regular season. they beat us twice, or three time, i forget, in the 06 season. they won 67 games and lost to the one team that had beaten them the past two-three years but went under the radar because that team sucked against just about everyone else. regardless, the mavs have the confidence, talent and hunger to take out the spurs, and i don't see why not this year particularly in light of parker's injury, barry's injury, et al. and for all the naysaying of dominant regular seasons, aberration's happen. more no 1 seeds have won the title than no 8s.

They actually beat us four times in the 2006 playoffs (4 wins advances?) and yes they did beat us 3 times last year, but none of those games were blowouts with the worst being a 5 point loss. Also, one of those losses was that joey crawford game - doesn't mean we would have won but it sure didn't help. That said - I still don't see how that translates into a probable playoff series win for Dallas over the Spurs in 2007. Was it possible? Sure

We're still the team to beat - just ask phoenix

debo
02-09-2008, 09:56 PM
The finally got the shooter they've been missing for years.

what about okur

batboy
02-09-2008, 10:33 PM
but for simplicity's sake, i go boston, suns (with the trade), mavericks, lakers (i don't think gasol pushes them over), spurs, detroit, rest of league.

I've got Spurs, Lakers (with Bynum), Pistons, Celtics, Suns, Mavericks

I just can't share your wildly optomistic scouting of the Celtics and Suns given that we haven't really seen the Celtics tested and we haven't seen the new Suns _at all_. The "emergence" of Rondo gives me a laugh every time I hear it. His emergence against the likes of CP, Parker, D-Will, is probably going to go over about as well as his emergence against Billups.

We will run layup drills on Shaq and Amare. Two seven-footers, coached by Mike D'Antoni, one of which is always out of position to begin with and another that is old and slow. Both keys to their offense. NFW they can stay out of foul trouble with Tim in the block and Tony and Manu attacking.

m33p0
02-09-2008, 10:56 PM
i don't think so. they needed an injured duncan and a hobbled ginobili to win. even then, the spurs took it to seven and had a chance to win in the end.

as for last year, spurs kept their end of the bargain, mavs didn't. mavs have no right to talk smack about last year's championship coz they clearly failed to show up.

intlspurshk
02-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Sun is beatable. Lakers with Gasol familar with triangle offense is a real threat. Dallas is still dallas which has the ability to KO Spurs. The point is - for SPURS to win, they need to play even better than last playoff and SPURS will be more relied on a mighty TP as he can negate some impacts of the big man additions. If TP has mastered the mid range, got a decent 3pt and still possesses the speed to slash, then SPURS have a chance. Too bad he is hurt and has no time to further enhance his shooting skills this summer (this is not an accusation to TP). So right now, SPURS's chance is pretty low - 20% maybe. Things can change in the playoff though.

m33p0
02-09-2008, 11:48 PM
spurs has the confidence of a perrenial contender and a champion. do not discount that.

Capt Bringdown
02-10-2008, 12:08 AM
We haven't proved that we can repeat, and there seems to be more legit challengers to the throne this year than before - so if we do win, it would be perhaps our most significant title to date.

I didn't think we could win it last year, but we got very lucky and pulled it off. I hope that's the case this year as well.

I don't think we look like a championship squad right now, however. I think we've gotten old, and if we don't win it this year, I'd welcome so dramatic changes.

nfg3
02-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Right now we are starting to put it together but the heatlh of the Big 3 is critical. If Tony isn't full strength then we will have problems. His penetration and kick outs have been very important to our runs in the past. I think Timmy and Manu will be alright but Tony's bone spurs have me a bit worried. I've had one and it ain't fun. I don't know what they are doing medically for him or what is state of the art - mine took surgery and it was located in the big toe rather than the heel - but these things don't just go away with a little rest. Hopefully he can recover and get back to his old self. If not then our chances to repeat will be less. Time is still on his side but not for long, though.

But I still believe that in a 7 game series anything can happen. Just ask Dallas.
With no b2b and the ability to plan your attack for each game gives the Spurs an edge. Pop and crew will have something up their sleeve.

But this is going to be one tough playoff run. Probably the toughest ever.

m33p0
02-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Right now we are starting to put it together but the heatlh of the Big 3 is critical. If Tony isn't full strength then we will have problems. His penetration and kick outs have been very important to our runs in the past. I think Timmy and Manu will be alright but Tony's bone spurs have me a bit worried. I've had one and it ain't fun. I don't know what they are doing medically for him or what is state of the art - mine took surgery and it was located in the big toe rather than the heel - but these things don't just go away with a little rest. Hopefully he can recover and get back to his old self. If not then our chances to repeat will be less. Time is still on his side but not for long, though.

But I still believe that in a 7 game series anything can happen. Just ask Dallas.
With no b2b and the ability to plan your attack for each game gives the Spurs an edge. Pop and crew will have something up their sleeve.

But this is going to be one tough playoff run. Probably the toughest ever.

and if they can get it done, the most rewarding.
:flag: :flag: :flag:

td4mvp3
02-10-2008, 12:56 PM
I've got Spurs, Lakers (with Bynum), Pistons, Celtics, Suns, Mavericks

I just can't share your wildly optomistic scouting of the Celtics and Suns given that we haven't really seen the Celtics tested and we haven't seen the new Suns _at all_. The "emergence" of Rondo gives me a laugh every time I hear it. His emergence against the likes of CP, Parker, D-Will, is probably going to go over about as well as his emergence against Billups.

We will run layup drills on Shaq and Amare. Two seven-footers, coached by Mike D'Antoni, one of which is always out of position to begin with and another that is old and slow. Both keys to their offense. NFW they can stay out of foul trouble with Tim in the block and Tony and Manu attacking.
all right, having checked some stats, maybe "emergence" was due mostly to the media's fawning on the guy lately, he doesn't seem too impressive in their big games. still, with parker injured, that may make up things. as for the suns, i am curious how they work out. shaq seems to always have had an adequate power foward to work with (horry, haslem) not someone nearly as dominate as himself, so we'll see how it works out. but the striking parker is again key, and with his problems, he may not strike much.