PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Spurs Fans

LakerGod
01-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Sorry for not coming right away after the game but I was busy, didn't watch the game but I saw the highlights on NBA Fast Break.

Anyways, congrats on the win.

ChumpDumper
01-05-2005, 09:23 PM
We could send you a tape.

Slava played very well.

LakerGod
01-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Thanks but no thanks, I also heard Kobe's been bothered by knick-knack injuries, but is not an excuse, his teammates should have stepped in and didn't.

No excuses.

LakerGod
01-05-2005, 09:36 PM
Lakers can't digest 100-83 loss to Spurs

By Ross Siler , Staff Writer

There was Parmesan chicken in one tray, vegetable lasagna in another and ample quantities of salad. A German chocolate cake and carrot cake rounded out the offerings in the visiting locker room at SBC Center on Tuesday night.
Too bad the positives ended at the postgame spread for the Lakers in the wake of an ugly 100-83 loss to the San Antonio Spurs before 18,797. Everything else just left a bad taste in their mouths.

"At least they fed us after the game,' Kobe Bryant said, bringing the Lakers full circle on a night in which Rudy Tomjanovich raved about the tacos served at dinner 11/2 hours before tipoff.

Instead of celebrating Derek Fisher's miracle 0.4-second shot as they did only eight months ago here in Game 5 of the Western Conference semifinals, the Lakers were left with four courses and little more.

They fell behind by 29 points in the second quarter, San Antonio matched a franchise record with 15 3-pointers and Bryant finished with just 17 points on 5 of 16 shooting, his streak of three consecutive 40-point games coming to an end.

The Spurs did what plantar fasciitis, a sprained shoulder and bruised thumb could not, and sent Bryant to the bench. He played only 35 minutes Tuesday, his fewest in the past 23 games.

"We didn't do much of anything right,' said Lamar Odom, who finished with 10 points and eight rebounds in 32 minutes. "Today was one of the worse games we've probably played the whole year.

"They just moved the ball. They just did what they wanted on the offensive end. Everybody was wide open. We just got our butts kicked pretty bad by one of the best teams in the league.'

The Spurs might not have been able to exorcise all the memories from Fisher's fling. But Coyote the mascot did body-slam a fan wearing a Bryant jersey in the first half and San Antonio flattened the Lakers on the court. That should have been good enough.

It was so bad that at one point in the second quarter, San Antonio had 18 assists to 1 for the Lakers. It was so bad that the Spurs led 56-32 at halftime with Tim Duncan and Tony Parker having combined for all of six points.

It was so bad that Bryant did not play in the fourth quarter and 37- year-old Tony Massenburg did. It was so bad that USC put up more points than the Lakers in the first half of the Orange Bowl.

"I thought it was a rude awakening,' said Tomjanovich, whose team had played its past six games at Staples Center and will face Dallas tonight.

The Spurs (26-7) improved to an NBA-best 15-1 at home. Bruce Bowen finished with a career-high 24 points, including five 3-pointers, and Brent Barry added 14 points with four 3-pointers off the bench. Duncan and Parker combined for just 14.

"We tried to take away some things and they had answers somewhere else,' Tomjanovich said. "They're a balanced team and they got a lot of veterans and everybody chipped in.'

The Lakers led once all night as Bryant hit a pair of free throws to open the game. But San Antonio tore apart the Lakers (16-13) after that, shooting 61.9 percent and connecting on six 3-pointers in taking a 32-18 lead after the first quarter.

San Antonio was at its machine- like best throughout the first half. On one possession, Bowen looked inside to Rasho Nesterovic, who held the ball just long enough for Bryant to come help on defense. Nesterovic then dumped a pass back to Bowen for a 3-pointer from the corner. The Spurs had assists on their first six baskets and 12 of 13 field goals in the quarter. Bowen, meanwhile, finished the quarter with three 3-pointers and 11 points.

"We just didn't do anything right defensively,' Odom said. "They were about to get whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. It was a pretty easy game for them. I'm a little embarrassed but it happens.'

ChumpDumper
01-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Here's a tip -- if you aren't using something as an excuse, don't use it as an excuse.

LakerGod
01-05-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm not using it as an excuse just wanted to let you know about Kobe's injuries, that's all.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2005, 09:41 PM
You were probably busy jerking off to your LA Lakers title tape from two years ago, thinking about how things used to be.

ChumpDumper
01-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Kobe let us know -- when the lead got to 20 or so he started rubbing his owies like an old woman.

milkyway21
01-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Sorry for not coming right away after the game but I was busy, didn't watch the game but I saw the highlights on NBA Fast Break.

Anyways, congrats on the win.Now you are making sense. Thought you were in Phuket distributing donations from Kobe for the tsunami victims :lol .Don't worry Kobe said he ate all the food the Spurs' staff served after the game, so it wasn't bad at all. BTW, it seems they are struggling again vs. Dallas. What happened, lost all the energy? :oops :oops :oops

Rummpd
01-05-2005, 09:49 PM
LakerGod
At least you came on - good show. Lakers will be back someday, hard to say if Kobe is ever the type to lead a championship team without a star big though.

MadDoc

TheWriter
01-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Wonder if LakerDog knows that Spurs had the lead up to 29 with both teams starters in the game, garbage time ruined that beautiful lead.

johnny00
01-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Oh believe me, if he's half the Lakers fan he claims he is he knew.....

mikaela01
01-05-2005, 10:14 PM
GO SPURS!!!

:elephant :elephant :elephant

ducks
01-05-2005, 10:16 PM
LakerGod
At least you came on - good show. Lakers will be back someday, hard to say if Kobe is ever the type to lead a championship team without a star big though.

MadDoc

all star need good teammates
duncan need one
mj need one
david need one
shaq need kobe
pistons need several good stars and wallace

SequSpur
01-05-2005, 10:22 PM
When Kobe was droppin 40+ in 3 straight games, I didn't hear shit about whiny injuries. Now the LAKERS GOT BENTOVER, we still have to hear KOBE shit.

The story is the Spurs, Sonics, Heat and Suns. Kobe's story is finished.

FTL.

milkyway21
01-05-2005, 10:23 PM
i could be happier if Shaq is still w/ the team. I lost my 75% hate for the Lakers when Shaq departed to Miami. He spent almost all of his time talking trash against duncan & the spurs when he was still w/ the Lakers. I can take Kobe, ShaQ? NO! NO! NO WAY!

Dex
01-07-2005, 07:29 PM
This deserves a bump for good measure.

Hell, maybe we should even make it a classic. :spin

Good show, LakerGod. If it's any consolation, I took you out of my sig. :angel

Mr Dio
01-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Thanks but no thanks, I also heard Kobe's been bothered by knick-knack injuries, but is not an excuse, his teammates should have stepped in and didn't. No excuses --- Isn't basketball a team sport? Aren't there usually 12 active players on EACH TEAM? If a certain unamed player couldn't hack it & WUSSED out how is that the other team's problem? Spurs have PIMPED laker girls twice now. What is the excuse for the other 12 loses?

ZStomp
01-07-2005, 09:49 PM
When Kobe was droppin 40+ in 3 straight games, I didn't hear shit about whiny injuries. Now the LAKERS GOT BENTOVER, we still have to hear KOBE shit.

The story is the Spurs, Sonics, Heat and Suns. Kobe's story is finished.

FTL.

Great freaken post Sequ! Who woulda thunk it?