PDA

View Full Version : This scared me!

remingtonbo2001
02-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Found this on espn.com

I pray that this doesn't happen to TP.
Maybe it's good he didn't have surgry.

After undergoing ankle surgery that turned out to be more complicated that initially thought, New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury will miss the rest of the season according to a published report.

The surgery to remove bone spurs from Marbury's left ankle was expected to be a 30-minute procedure, according to the New York Post. But a source told the newspaper it turned out to be much more complicated and took Dr. William Hamilton two hours to perform the operation.

Marbury had originally said he would try to return this season. He had the same surgery when he played in Phoenix and was sidelined for most of the offseason.

The Knicks -- who have made it clear the surgery was Marbury's choice -- said it was successful.

Marbury had missed 17 games before his surgery, mostly after his father died in December, and was averaging a career-low 13.9 points.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-09-2008, 03:26 PM
That's why we need to give him at least another week after he's healthy, just to make sure he's over it.

duncan228
02-09-2008, 03:34 PM
It is scary.

When he comes back, hopefully as close to 100% as possible, we'll all be holding our breath any time he goes down or twists it or gets hit on it.

I'm fearful of anything that could hurt him again, even just the normal grind of playing.

boutons_
02-09-2008, 03:40 PM
I think I remember they said there were no spurs in/near Tony's ankle joint, but on the heel bone. His ankle joint was structurally OK, no tissue damage.

So it sounds like Marbury and Tony have two different problems.

SAGambler
02-09-2008, 03:52 PM

Maybe, but what I gather from everything I've read, surgery is the absolute last thing you want to try.

remingtonbo2001
02-09-2008, 03:56 PM
I think I remember they said there were no spurs in/near Tony's ankle joint, but on the heel bone. His ankle joint was structurally OK, no tissue damage.

Alright, cool. Thanks for the info.