PDA

View Full Version : Mike Miller wants to be a Mav?

stretch
02-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Miller would love to be a Maverick?
Friday, Feb 8, 2008 4:04 pm EST

Memphis Grizzlies guard/forward Mike Miller is reportedly being shopped as part of the Grizzlies' clearance sale according to the Dallas Morning News. As is the case with most good players on the trade market, the Mavs have been mentioned as a possible destination for Miller.

"That'd be fun," Miller said. "They've got a great team. ... They've got a lot of talent already. I don't know if they need me."

The Mavs could find a spot for a 6-8 pure shooter averaging 17 points and 6.7 rebounds per game. Miller, who is shooting 51 percent from the floor and 43 percent from 3-point range, would be a good fit on the wing opposite Josh Howard.

Source: Dallas Morning News

dallaskd
02-09-2008, 07:40 PM
I dont know the contracts but i wouldnt mind dumping George/Hassell or Juwan Howard for miller. It would be a great deal for Dallas considering Stack is aging and they dont have a lot of depth at SG.

stretch
02-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm sure we could just give up a draft pick or two, and a filler, considering how cheaply they gave away Gasol. This would be a VERY nice pickup.

Findog
02-09-2008, 07:45 PM
He'd be a great fit as a Mav and would firmly fill the hole at SG, but I don't know what contracts we have that they would take. Supposedly they want full value for Miller while they gave Gasol away for Kwame's expiring and picks. They won't take Terry or Stack's contract. Dallas is kind of screwed in that they don't have the pieces a rebuilding team would want, not unless they're willing to part with Bass or Harris.

dallaskd
02-09-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm sure we could just give up a draft pick or two, and a filler, considering how cheaply they gave away Gasol. This would be a VERY nice pickup.

It would have been smarter to do this fire sale last summer, because they were demanding so much for Gasol and a lot of teams were in discussion. Now they are giving away people for free. Memphis should have pulled a Gasol trade with Chicago earlier this year. I dont think they will trade any young prospects but Id like to get a max deal out of them. Rudy Gay?

Findog
02-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Rudy Gay isn't going anywhere.

mavsfan1000
02-09-2008, 08:27 PM
I would love this deal though it would hurt out defense. He would help space the floor better and give Harris more space to operate.

JMarkJohns
02-09-2008, 08:46 PM
I hate to think that the Suns could have Miller for the trade exception and the Atlanta 1st, but that all that's keeping it from happening is a cheap-ass owner trying deserately yo make money without spending money despite making over 35 million in profit last season. He has the money. He's making money. Yet, he sits on said money.

Fucker!!!

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-09-2008, 08:51 PM
^ I agree, Mike Miller would rip assholes if he were on the Suns.

ploto
02-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Now we know why Pop is so pissed at Memphis-- Pau to LA and Miller to Dallas!!

m33p0
02-09-2008, 11:10 PM
^ I agree, Mike Miller would rip assholes if he were on the Suns.
i would love to answer this but i'd be marked for slanderous, albeit scandalous, accusations. :D

Matchman
02-09-2008, 11:21 PM
We can garentee Mike Miller a starting spot and he will be undoubtly become a 3rd option on our team getting wide open looks at the three-point land! AND he doesnt need to guard any tough wing players because Battier will handle them! PLEASE COME TO THE ROCKETS MIKE

m33p0
02-09-2008, 11:34 PM
We can garentee Mike Miller a starting spot and he will be undoubtly become a 3rd option on our team getting wide open looks at the three-point land! AND he doesnt need to guard any tough wing players because Battier will handle them! PLEASE COME TO THE ROCKETS MIKE
hmmmm.....

SpursDynasty
02-09-2008, 11:37 PM
If Mike Miller is looking for a jump shooting-only team, Dallas is his best bet

dallaskd
02-09-2008, 11:39 PM

Dude think before you fucking post

Shank
02-10-2008, 12:38 AM

Says the bitch whose favorite teams jack up more 3s than damn near anyone else in the league.

ludda
02-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Why do reporters make this shit news?
What was Miller supposed to say when asked by Mav reporters if he wanted to play for Dallas? "HELLS NO"
I guarantee he would have had the same answer if asked about any of the other teams minus the Knicks.

dirk4mvp
02-10-2008, 01:15 AM
Get his ass in Dallas. When I go to Grizzly games he's the only guy I cheer for.

BillsCarnage
02-10-2008, 02:14 AM
All Dallas would need to do is package some expiring contracts (Stack) and a 1st round draft pick and it could probably be done.

Remember, the Grizz want to shed salary for the impending sale. To say they want maximum value is kind of silly for them. They'd be better off taking expiring contracts and draft picks - ala Gasol.

Findog
02-10-2008, 02:57 AM
Stack has two more years on his deal after this season. I don't think Memphis is interested. I would LOVE to have Miller in blue and green, but I don't see what we have to entice them.

Findog
02-10-2008, 03:25 AM

We'll gladly take him, SmegmaDynasty. Thanks for the insight.

exstatic
02-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Says the bitch whose favorite teams jack up more 3s than damn near anyone else in the league.
Yeah, but I'll bet if you have a shot chart, Dallas does put up more jumpers than SA, which is what he said. I don't believe he mentioned three pointers at all. RIF. SA does put up the threes, but we also get a LOT of shots/points in the paint from Parker and Duncan.

monosylab1k
02-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah, but I'll bet if you have a shot chart, Dallas does put up more jumpers than SA, which is what he said. I don't believe he mentioned three pointers at all. RIF. SA does put up the threes, but we also get a LOT of shots/points in the paint from Parker and Duncan.
SpursDynasty's favorite team was changed to Golden State.

Spawn
02-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Don't the Mavs still have the KVH deal? They also can offer up Ager, R. Terry that Fazekas kid or that European kid they drafted and a draft pick plus a filler for Miller. The Mavs have the pieces if they really wanted to pursue it I believe.

mffl89
02-11-2008, 02:08 AM
Miller would have to get a haircut first

Findog
02-11-2008, 02:27 AM
Cuban told reporters they wouldn't use the KVH option. It really only works for Dallas to sign him to a small salary, not a big one in order to bring in a high-priced player like Kidd, because of what it does to our cap figure next year and the increase in luxury tax.